PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder To improve the rogue's tier by actively ruining WBL for him

Spore
2014-10-21, 03:52 PM
First of all, my concept needs a lenient DM that realize that my is of NO use in combat. He is of no use in actual dungeons either (besides the weird mix of skills). But I have always seen great roleplay and a nice background story that makes half the NPC cast friendly if not helpful towards you more beautiful than a Wizard that rips the Laws of Physics a new one.

Goals:
- contribute by vastly increasing WBL for EVERY party member
- having a friendly spellcaster or army of spellcasters to create items for 60% of the price
- forms of aquiring money and dedicating the whole build towards always going that bit above WBL

Why rogue? Because our main story arc's villain is a rogue that keeps us at bay with politics and money. Secondly because of the inspiring comic strip about Haley posted today (#965 for later readers, greetings into the future *waves hand*).

Why this approach? I feel like PF and D&D is pretty combat focussed but there should be a place for adventurers who do not wish or are somewhat inept in battle. And I have always liked oneshot items and characters with that certain "I've got the exact tool for that", like artificers but not. Also I really like having the environment work FOR you. FFS, if I rescue the city from the four horsemen, I could at LEAST get 40% off of that magical greataxe.

Also for the DM side of things:
What do you think is feasible in breaking WBL? 150%? 200%? Do you like that concept or do you feel it's too finnicky (with some items being very very specific in specific fights like a Necklace of Fresh Air when fighting enemies with inhaled poisons).