PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer & Metamagic

Gallazius
2014-10-21, 10:42 PM
Hey all. I had a question. I'm not sure if i understand this correctly or not. One of my players is playing a Dread Necro and wanted to know if he took the metamagic feats enlarge & or reach spell.

Could he use those metamagic feats either of them on his class ability such as charnel touch & scabrous touch?

I am completely unsure of this and apologize if this seems like a newb question. If not - any suggestions to what he should do for feats as dread necro? also hes not interested in multi classing.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-10-21, 10:46 PM
No, they aren't spells.

Tomb Tainted Soul is popular to allow self healing.

Metamagic is good for them because of the way they cast spells from their whole list.

Mother Cyste is strong because it adds to your spell list, which again is a strong option due to list casting.

Corpse Crafter feats can be strong if they're going to build a small arm.

Here's a link to a Dread Necro Guide
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?214212-Reanimated-Dread-Necromancer-Handbook

Troacctid
2014-10-21, 10:50 PM
They are supernatural abilities, not spells, so the feat needed would be Enlarge Supernatural Ability (from Tome of Magic), not Enlarge Spell. It doesn't work on melee touch attacks anyway, though.

nedz
2014-10-22, 03:31 AM
If he hasn't dumped Wisdom, Arcane Disciple is a good choice; as is a Bloodline feat (the ones which add more spells known). These will increase his options.