PDA

View Full Version : You're Spore Fix

turtleant120
2007-03-18, 07:33 PM
I have found a game to ease the wait. It's called E.V.O.: The Search for Eden. Its a great game where you slowly evole a creature and travel through time so you can save the world from the sun.
Its for super nintendo so youll probably have to get an emulator, but still it helps the wait.

Deleran
2007-03-18, 08:32 PM
I had that for SNES when it came out. Pretty fun. Not really like spore.

Cybren
2007-03-18, 08:36 PM
I am???????

heretic
2007-03-18, 08:49 PM
Wrong "you're". It should be 'your'

Assassinfox
2007-03-19, 02:47 AM
Neato game, but I don't think it's even remotely like Spore.

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-19, 03:59 AM
It's nothing like Spore. It's fun, yes, but it's not Spore.

It has a plot, for a start.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-19, 04:37 PM
It's nothing like Spore. It's fun, yes, but it's not Spore.

It has a plot, for a start.

It would be spooky if Spore evolved a plot naturally. However since it's evolving the computer would always out evolve you and win.

Spore; the game that won't be like that.

Honest.

No it's going to be really special.

Really.

When it's finished.

Some time soon.

Did I mention it was going to be differant?

turtleant120
2007-03-19, 05:02 PM
Wrong "you're". It should be 'your'
Whoops.
Did anyone ever beat this game? I'm stuck on the blob thing at the end.

Assassinfox
2007-03-19, 05:08 PM
Whoops.
Did anyone ever beat this game? I'm stuck on the blob thing at the end.

I beat it a long time ago, so I can't remember the ending or any basic strategy. :smalltongue:

Cybren
2007-03-19, 06:57 PM
basic strategy? Jump and hit. a lot.

Assassinfox
2007-03-19, 08:58 PM
basic strategy? Jump and hit. a lot.

I was referring to the last boss strategy, actually. :smalltongue:

TheOtherMC
2007-03-19, 09:17 PM
I was referring to the last boss strategy, actually. :smalltongue:

Actually, regardless of which ending you chose...it was pretty much jump and hit, alot.

God I miss this game. I felt pumped when i finally got out of fishhood and finally became a mighty.........herbavore.............well crap. Back to the bottom of the food chain again.

UglyPanda
2007-03-19, 09:29 PM
That game was frustrating. Unlike other platformers, when you get hit, there isn't a few seconds where you're immune to damage. Instead there is a split second in which you're stunned and an annoyingly high number of enemies had iterative attacks. It pissed me off severely during the first level where I wouldn't get hurt at all by sharks but snails would take off half my HP.

It was a fun concept, but really limited.

Katonta
2007-03-19, 10:37 PM
Regarding the boss, if you are a human, jump and attack a lot, bird, jump and attack a lot, everything else, jump and attack a lot. It sounds easier than it is unfortunately, but hey, I beat it as a human so I don't know if that matters or not.

Assassinfox
2007-03-19, 10:48 PM
Regarding the boss, if you are a human, jump and attack a lot, bird, jump and attack a lot, everything else, jump and attack a lot. It sounds easier than it is unfortunately, but hey, I beat it as a human so I don't know if that matters or not.

Really, did anybody not beat the game as a human?

Suraht
2007-03-19, 11:04 PM
Really, did anybody not beat the game as a human?

I can't remember ever choosing to even evolve into a human in that game. I was having too much fun being a non-human.

kellandros
2007-03-19, 11:34 PM
Hmm, you are reminding me of an odd dreamcast game that sounds similar: Seventh Cross Evolution. Anyone else played it?

You start as a little blob, grow into an actual animal, and then fight and eat other critters for nutrition and evolution points. You then use evolution points to attempt to make new body parts, which require the nutrition to use. The evolution doesn't much make sense yet, as you draw a pattern in a 10x10 grid, and there is a complicated, adaptive formula that supposedly determines what you get. The closer your design is to the ultimate, the better.

This was in 3D, and rather slow. If you ever get tired of grinding for levels, this is probably not for you. I'll probably go back to it when I've knocked down my pile of things to play through a bit more first.

The FAQs do say that there is a story hidden in this game though.

turtleant120
2007-03-20, 01:13 AM
I heard that you could turn into a mermaid anyone know how.

TheOtherMC
2007-03-20, 05:30 AM

No....but i do remember you could turn into an Aven-like "Birdman!"
Ah.....good times......except lizrdhood.....lizardhood sucked....

Premier
2007-03-20, 07:02 AM

In the last era, there's an optional location where you can jump into the sea from a high cliff. (Maybe in South America, but I'm not sure.) Once you're in the water, go into the evolution menu, and you should find an option saying something like "Attempt To Evolve" or somesuch. Try that.

turtleant120
2007-03-20, 02:47 PM
Ok I'll try that.