PDA

View Full Version : Custom Monster Storage

Angafirith
2007-03-18, 08:07 PM
I've been working on modifying certain monsters for use in my campaign, applying templates and adding class levels to them to make them more challenging or more appropriate for the setting. Mostly, I've just been writing them down on sheets of loose leaf paper. I'm often having trouble finding specific ones that I've created, and I want to try to organize them all somehow. Any ideas on how I might do it?

I was at the local gaming store yesterday when I saw that they had these index cards with creature stats in the display case with the miniatures. I thought that I'd like to try to create my own cards with my modified creatures on them. I was thinking that I might try to print out the stats on card stock and stick them in some sort of binder. Has anyone tried this sort of thing? What kind of paper and binder protectors do you use?

Fax Celestis
2007-03-18, 08:09 PM
I don't use paper. I use a Wiki (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/).

Angafirith
2007-03-18, 08:16 PM
Hey, a wiki. Great idea, I may try that.

I was hoping to avoid computerized solutions, since my game is conducted over the internet, via MapTool. Having to flip back and forth between programs slows up the game, especially considering how poorly MapTool seems to deal with redrawing.

Still, maybe I can hook up my second laptop and put something together.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-18, 08:37 PM
The thing with the wiki is that it is easily editable and highly organized, so it makes maintenance into almost nothing.