PDA

View Full Version : Exalted dice maximums from charms

Darth_Versity
2014-10-22, 09:37 AM
So I understand how dice maximums work, but I'm unsure how attribute boosts work with them. Are they included in the calculation or is it only 'natural' attributes that apply?

I'm asking because my solar has just acquired the Crown of Thunders and I'm not sure how it effects my Melee excellency. Is my dice maximum my natural Dex + Melee or the new (Dex + 3) + Melee?

MickJay
2014-10-22, 01:53 PM
It is still your natural (Dex+Melee). Much like an equipment giving you a bonus die to skill would not increase your excellency pool, bonus attributes from artifacts do not increase the excellency limit.

Darth_Versity
2014-10-22, 02:58 PM
That's what I thought it would be but I was hopeful the other was correct. Thanks

emeraldstreak
2014-10-24, 10:18 PM
That's what I thought it would be but I was hopeful the other was correct. Thanks

Once Sojiko and I scoured the RAW for all the dice adders. The original post went down with the WW forum, here's an earlier copy from another forum. Bold is backed by RAW, strikethrough is wrong by RAW, the rest is in the 2E limbo. Nevertheless, the best solution for artifacts is the one you have in mind.

emeraldstreak wrote:
on Mutations that grant attribute increases (i.e. Large):
a) they are a natural increase boosting base values and dice caps
b) they do not increase natural values, yet are not limited by dice caps <= this, Alchemicals clarified that point
c) they do not increase natural values and count vs. the dice caps

emeraldstreak wrote:
on general artifact Equipment that grants attribute/ability increases (i.e. Crown of Thunders):
a) it is a natural increase boosting base values and dice caps
b) it does not increase natural values, yet is not limited by dice caps
c) it does not increase natural values and counts vs. the dice caps; ruled out by p. 12 Oadenol's

emeraldstreak wrote:
on Sorcery (i.e. Unbreakable Bones of Stone)
a) it is a natural increase boosting base values and dice caps; ruled out p. 255 Core
b) it does not increase natural values, yet is not limited by dice caps
c) it does not increase natural values and counts vs. the dice caps

emeraldstreak wrote:
Does an Attribute excellency (i.e. Lunar) increase:

- base natural movement speed (making it fully multiply-able by, say, Wings of the Raptor)
- base movement speed, but no synergy with multipliers
- the "Stamina" part of Iron Kettle Body calculation
- the "Dexterity" part of Iron Whirlwind calculation

emeraldstreak wrote:
Does an Ability excellency (i.e. Solar) increase:

- base natural movement speed when Lightning Speed is up (making it fully multiply-able by, say, Wings of the Raptor)
- base movement speed when Lightning Speed is up, but no synergy with multipliers
- the "Resistance" part of Iron Kettle Body calculation
- the "Melee" part of Ringing Anvil Onslaught calculation

emeraldstreak wrote:
And finally, the bonus advanced question for A+
A Valor channel is influenced by Heroism-Encouraging Presence and Thousand Streams Defender. In addition, the player rolling has Stone of Valor (+3 dice to Valor rolls), has 5 Valor, and has imbibed Tiger's Heart Elixir (+1 Valor for all purposes but possibly a dice adder and/or equipment itself). What's the final roll?
The elixir and the stone are equipment bonuses which do not stack. The Lunar thus has Valor 6, and rolls 8 dice for Valor. When channeling that's doubled to 16, and H-EP turns all of those into successes.