PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Voodoo Pin Cushion Build

zabbarot
2014-10-22, 11:51 AM
Optimization might be a stretch since this isn't really an optimal sort of build, but the goal here is to optimize for damage reflection.

First two abilities that come to mind are from the Binder and Ardent classes. Dahlver-Nar lets you pick a target and split damage with them (unwilling targets get a saving throw). The Pain and Suffering mantle lets you expend your psionic focus to return half the damage taken to the attacker. Would these two stack? I'm assuming if they do it's one then the other, so 50% to the target of the first ability, 25% to the next, then 25% to you. 50% to each target and none to the PC seems stupid and munchkinny, so I wouldn't even suggest it.

If they do stack, how would I go about making this a viable main schtick? First thoughts are Binder/Ardern/Psionic Anima Mage variant then maybe cap it with KoSS and make use of the psionic vestiges now and then, since this would be the first binder I've played with enough PP to do so. The main problem with that is that Anima Mage has a d4 for HP so pretty squishy even with 75% damage reduction.