PDA

View Full Version : what class could best represent being a mentalist?

CyberThread
2014-10-22, 04:51 PM
I Would like to be more then just divination spells. What class has the spells or class features to pull off being a psychic?

saintstardust
2014-10-22, 04:56 PM
I Would like to be more then just divination spells. What class has the spells or class features to pull off being a psychic?

Warlock with Awakened Mind gets telepathy at level 1.

Fwiffo86
2014-10-22, 05:02 PM
Warlock with Awakened Mind gets telepathy at level 1.

Sorcerer. I would just trade spells out. If its not on the sorc list, substitute what you need.

Had a similar discussion about converting Psykers from Dark Heresy.

Mandrake
2014-10-23, 01:45 AM
Single class or multiclass allowed?

In my opinion, definitely one level of Warlock with Awakened Mind, as someone suggested, some arcane caster levels, like Wizard or Sorcerer and most importantly Bard or Rogue levels, maybe even as starting class. You take Skills which direct your "psychic" powers (for example, Insight, Perception or Investigation) and get expertise in those. Of course, it's up to you how you play them - as actual powers, as actual skills, lying they are powers when they are skills or thinking they are powers when they are skills, or thinking they are skills when they are actually pow... you get it.

In short: (skill-monkeying) + (arcane spells, enchantment mostly) + (awakened mind and some other Warlock tricks) = psychic to me, especially if no Divination spells.

Dat Paladin with his Divine Sense. Don't know if this counts against the 'no divination' rule.

Hope it helps!

Yorrin
2014-10-23, 07:25 AM
Depending on your version of "psychic" a Knowledge Domain Cleric does the job admirably. Add 1-3 levels of Great Old One Warlock to taste.