PDA

View Full Version : Player Help why is there no full orc builds for pathfinder anywhere????

were-crocodle
2014-10-22, 05:10 PM
hey i was really needing some help builing a charictor, my gm allowed orc for my new charictor and our party is really squishy, and mostly utility at the moment, we are running a skulls and shakles campain (im not allowed to read the book and i dont want any spoilers plz).

i have played a human rouge, mermaid fighter(got licontropy and he allowed me to get a were-crocodlie verson, op if used right), and android wizard (focused on evocation and illusion, because we needed some extra dpr). my wizard died last game and i need a new charictor. i was thinking summoner but i played one in a converted faerun campain as a drow and he doesnt want me to do that again (idk why he always plays a rouge or rouge like charictor litarly as close as posible).

so this round i was wanting a barbarian or fighter or mix even (we are running with almost all piezo books (e.g. paths of prestige has been ok'ed).
and i was wanting a orc for the str boost but i dont need the mental stats at all. our party curently consists of a bard/harrower (i think) a sea witch and our captan (the dm's gf) is a rouge(her first real campain). now i just need to soak up damage and deal lots, (idc about non combat skills as it is a very combat heavie run).

my stats were rolled, i have 17,17,17,14,13,13 i was thinking that order acualy. i was wanting orc for the +4str to boost it to 21 to start
we are at level 7. and my level boost i was thinking of puting into eather str or con. my charictors have a history of being targeted most by the dm (the mermaid died in a no death zone, though the reasoning is acceptable, she was taken out of the areana, by a frogheamoth. our witch made it thursty and it left with a belly full of licontropic mermaid). now i need a wall of meat sheald so my next charictor can servive for awhile even if he pulls all the aggro from 10 terrisks (over exageration), dpr is secondary for staying power, role playing is secaonay for staying power. not much rp can happen when ur only char is dead.

i was wanting deathless feat tree for that ohh (4x*) run the tanks down moments (i can run and drink a potion and run back). something like fighter or barbarian or claric, or a combanation of classes.

now my question is, what would make a full orc less killable. is the deathless feat tree worth it, is toughness not worth it, is there a better race/skill/feat combanation for a less killable meat sheald. my other choice was looking like half elf sinthist summoner(dm doesnt really want this so im trying to avoid it) im scaired of making an archer because monsters have taken 3-4 AoO to kill me b4 runing past others because of an acid arrow (last time i kill something with a wand of acid arrow). dm has sayed no to palidin. i have a stalwart defender in my other campain (so thats out).

my curret level is 7
stats are 17,17,17,14,13,13
unknown monitary starting amount (probubly around 15,000-30,000 gold) the less the better.
all pizao books are allowed, like paths of prestiege, pirates of the inner sea. (no 3rd party though)
prestiege classes are allowed
off beat races are allowed (played a mermaid) though i want a full orc.
can the giants amunst the playground help me plz.

The Oni
2014-10-22, 05:24 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc

If you wanna be survivable, go Scarred Witch Doctor. Now you're a caster based on Con. Have fun with that. Get an enchanted weapon that stores spells so your hands are free to smash enemies, then store debuff spells in the weapon.

were-crocodle
2014-10-22, 05:27 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc

Now you're a caster based on Con.

lol thats epic thank u ill look into it, not the regular glass cannon of a caster.

edit: we already have a witch some versitility is needed.

The Oni
2014-10-22, 05:57 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/sea-reaver

There's always Sea Reaver barbarian.

were-crocodle
2014-10-22, 07:23 PM
thank you.
is there a particular feat tree suggested.
something like the deathless feat tree, is there something synergising well with the deathless tree.

were-crocodle
2014-10-23, 01:53 PM
i desided on
figher(two-weapon) 5
barbarian(inverable rager) 2
i took figher because an orc gets an extra 2 hp with the diehard feat every level
this works with diehard/ deathless i belive(plz correct me if im wrong, and can u use diehard/ deathless when raging)

i put the 14 into int for the extra skill point
the three 17's into str dex and con and my +1 boost from levels into con so my stats are

str 21 (25 when rageing)
dex 17
con 18 (counts as 28 for purposes regarding neg hp's and death) (24 when raging, and 34 for raging diehard)
int 12
wis 11
cha 11

i took the orc duble axe (orc's treat this as a martial weap) inchanted +1 furious (+3 if raging witch is what i plan to do if im using this)
this only applyes to one head of the weapon

feats are
1 endurance, diehard
2 two-weapon fighting
3 double slice
5 desperate battler
6 deathless initiate
7 inproved two-weapon fighting

alt racial trait
dayrunner-no light sensitivity for a -2 ranged

traites
cheat death (besmara)-extra save vs dieing pritty much
mindlessly cruel-+1 trait bonus to damage if i have a moral bonus to hit

rage power
fiend totem, lesser- 1d8+str gore attack at a -5(because its secondary attack)

i think that this is a good barbarian build even though its mostly fighter levels
at 20 levels i expect to be fighter6/barbarian14

i will get the last level of fighter at level 11 because ill be able to chose from a wider varity of feats
so level 11 will look like this fighter6/barbarian5
and ill have the next deathless feat and greater two-weapon fighting and an extra 2 hp to use whilst dieing and ill inprove the totem rage power as quickly as posible for extra damage

the endurance feat is next to useless but like dodge and combat expertise it opens the door to really good feats

any suggestions to this build, maybe something im missing in my origanal 7 level build, or even a good rest of the build, a multiclass/prestige class that would help me more latter, maybe at level 8 even, a better weapon choice, or really anything to help others in there orc build.