PDA

View Full Version : Comics Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kato
2014-10-23, 06:15 AM
Well, since nobody else did, I guess I might as well.

This Thread is for discussing Masashi Kishimoto's ending manga "Naruto" and related media. The previous thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?347014-Naruto-VII-I-see-your-God-and-raise-you-2-time-traveling-spirits).
(Does this need anymore? Do I need to say most of us are just still on board to see the Titanic hit the iceberg?)

Also, new chapter!

Not much happens but I actually like it. It looks like good action that's not just "my chakra is bigger than yours!". And they use old techniques, they use things we know about their powers, etc. (Naruto should have made a clone to gather sage chakra and then have Sasuke suck that up: Instant Sasuke statue. Yay!)

So, I guess somehow this will end with the two using that reconciliation sign thing... not sure how yet.

Ramza00
2014-10-23, 10:03 AM
Meh

It is almost over.

Morph Bark
2014-10-23, 11:06 AM
Is... is that the first one-handed Rasengan since the start of Shippuuden, or have I forgotten about previous forgettable uses of it?

Reddish Mage
2014-10-23, 01:23 PM
Meh

It is almost over.

I can see the excitement and disappointment at the ending what was once one of my favorite anime (which I just couldn't watch anymore in the middle of the great war), is at an all time high :smallyuk:

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 01:51 PM
The last line of this chapter was actually pretty good, to be honest.

Traab
2014-10-23, 01:58 PM
YAY! My thread title suggestion got used! Heh, im still looking forward to seeing how it finally gets wrapped up. Has there been any signs through dialogue that naruto might be getting through to sasuke? Has naruto finally just said, "To heck with it." And is going for the ko instead of a victory by talking his opponent into submission?

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 02:01 PM
YAY! My thread title suggestion got used! Heh, im still looking forward to seeing how it finally gets wrapped up. Has there been any signs through dialogue that naruto might be getting through to sasuke? Has naruto finally just said, "To heck with it." And is going for the ko instead of a victory by talking his opponent into submission?

Not in the slightest. Sasuke is seconds away from killing Naruto with a basic Chidori. My guess is that Naruto will let himself get stabbed in the hand, fulfilling the "must hold hands" thing to unseal everyone from the Infinite Tsukyomi, and then since Sasuke's plans are now completely dashed by that, he'll just give up for no reason.

Traab
2014-10-23, 02:13 PM
Not in the slightest. Sasuke is seconds away from killing Naruto with a basic Chidori. My guess is that Naruto will let himself get stabbed in the hand, fulfilling the "must hold hands" thing to unseal everyone from the Infinite Tsukyomi, and then since Sasuke's plans are now completely dashed by that, he'll just give up for no reason.

Ah well then in that case im hoping for a total mind breakage "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from Sasuke when he sees everything is ruined and he goes suicidal on naruto in an attempt to finish him off while he is down a hand. Only to be struck full force by a rasengan in narutos other hand.

Ramza00
2014-10-23, 05:36 PM
So would it not be awesome for Naruto to switch with the Kyubbi for Naruto is not willing to kill Sasuke but the Kyubbi has not such reservations.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 05:47 PM
Could work, if Naruto still Had Yang Kurama inside him, but he Has the Yin half, and since Yin is the "Good Half", to drastically simplify the Yin-Yang dynamic, it'd be unlikely.Besides, Sasuke is confirmed to be in the Movie, which has been confirmed to take place after this.

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:11 PM
Could work, if Naruto still Had Yang Kurama inside him, but he Has the Yin half, and since Yin is the "Good Half", to drastically simplify the Yin-Yang dynamic, it'd be unlikely.Besides, Sasuke is confirmed to be in the Movie, which has been confirmed to take place after this.

Has there been any actual confirmation of this?

Razade
2014-10-23, 06:17 PM
Has there been any actual confirmation of this?

Yep. He's been announced to be in the movie. Can find everyone named here (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_7:_The_Last). Way to go people, way to ruin the ending of the manga.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 06:20 PM
Did anybody really not see it coming?

"Sasuke's going to live" is more obvious a Spoiler than "Naruto's father was the Fourth".

Besides, it's not like it's telling us why Sasuke lives.

He could find himself unwilling to go through with the killing blow and surrender, or something.

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:24 PM
Yep. He's been announced to be in the movie. Can find everyone named here (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_7:_The_Last). Way to go people, way to ruin the ending of the manga.

I meant is it confirmed that the movie is canon.

Did anybody really not see it coming?

"Sasuke's going to live" is more obvious a Spoiler than "Naruto's father was the Fourth".

Besides, it's not like it's telling us why Sasuke lives.

He could find himself unwilling to go through with the killing blow and surrender, or something.

That's unlikely, that he's be unwilling after all this.

Anyway, as said, my question was about if the movie is canon or not.

Razade
2014-10-23, 06:26 PM

No idea, and I don't think it matters if it is honestly.

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:27 PM
No idea, and I don't think it matters if it is honestly.

If the movie isn't canon it's not going to be the canon ending for the series.

Anyway, because I care, I looked it up. The last Naruto movie takes place two years after the previous movie, and requires that previous movie to be canon to exist. IT IS NOT CANON, and therefor this movie is not canon.

Ramza00
2014-10-23, 06:30 PM

I just want to see the nine tails wham on Sasuke like the six tails did so for Nagato/Pain.

I thought Yin in chinese philosophy was the dark half, the half symbolizing female, the moon, and sometimes evil?

CaDzilla
2014-10-23, 06:38 PM
the movie's going to have ANOTHER timeskip after ANOTHER Sasuke/Naruto fight

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:39 PM
the movie's going to have ANOTHER timeskip after ANOTHER Sasuke/Naruto fight

The movie's also non canon so who cares.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 06:40 PM

That's unlikely, that he's be unwilling after all this.

Anyway, as said, my question was about if the movie is canon or not.

The Movie explicitly takes place after the series. Even if it's not cannon, they'd have to waste time explaining what happened for Sasuke to still be alive. Besides, if Kishi wrote all of the Part II filler, then it's really not that unlikly for this conversation to have happened.

"Hey, we're planning on doing a movie that takes place a couple of years after the Manga Ends. Does anybody important get killed off after this point here?"
"I'm not killing Sasuke"

On Sasuke being unwilling to go through with it-Sasuke said to the Sage that he had to kill Naruto becuase Naruto is the closest thing he has to friend, and thus as long as Naruto lives, he's a moral influence on Sasuke.

In otherwords, Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto so that he can be free of morality.

Since Naruto is essentially Sasuke's morality Chain, it might be pretty difficult to actually go through with the killing blow.

The movie's also non canon so who cares.

Link me to your Source. All the Wiki says is that it's being released 2 years after the last movie, Road to Ninja, and says nothing on it being related to that film at all.

AtlanteanTroll
2014-10-23, 06:41 PM
Kishi can't retroactively declare the second-to-last film canon?

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:48 PM
The Movie explicitly takes place after the series. Even if it's not cannon, they'd have to waste time explaining what happened for Sasuke to still be alive. Besides, if Kishi wrote all of the Part II filler, then it's really not that unlikly for this conversation to have happened.

"Hey, we're planning on doing a movie that takes place a couple of years after the Manga Ends. Does anybody important get killed off after this point here?"
"I'm not killing Sasuke"

On Sasuke being unwilling to go through with it-Sasuke said to the Sage that he had to kill Naruto becuase Naruto is the closest thing he has to friend, and thus as long as Naruto lives, he's a moral influence on Sasuke.

In otherwords, Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto so that he can be free of morality.

Since Naruto is essentially Sasuke's morality Chain, it might be pretty difficult to actually go through with the killing blow.

Link me to your Source. All the Wiki says is that it's being released 2 years after the last movie, Road to Ninja, and says nothing on it being related to that film at all.

Maybe I just missread, but I thought the movie took place two years after the previous one. That's my basis for it not being canon.

Additionally, if the movie IS canon...then Naruto is the worst series I've ever read. "If you want to have a conclusion to the series you have to watch this movie!"

Kishi can't retroactively declare the second-to-last film canon?

No, because it contradicts a lot of stuff that happens. It can't happen at the same time as the manga.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 06:52 PM
Additionally, if the movie IS canon...then Naruto is the worst series I've ever read. "If you want to have a conclusion to the series you have to watch this movie!"

...The movie explicitly takes place several years after the end of the series.

It's not "Watch to get to the conclusion" it's "Hey, here's an extra story that takes place after the conclusion!"

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 06:59 PM
...The movie explicitly takes place several years after the end of the series.

It's not "Watch to get to the conclusion" it's "Hey, here's an extra story that takes place after the conclusion!"

What conclusion can there be if there is a story that happens afterward? If the movie IS canon, we know Sasuke lives, so the ending is likely going to be excessively unsatisfying. The entire world wants him dead right now, how could Naruto prevent him from being executed for his crimes? What is our conclusion actually going to be then, if there is another story?

What I mean is...if the movie takes place "after the end" then the end wasn't really the END, now was it?

Rater202
2014-10-23, 07:05 PM
What conclusion can there be if there is a story that happens afterward? If the movie IS canon, we know Sasuke lives, so the ending is likely going to be excessively unsatisfying. The entire world wants him dead right now, how could Naruto prevent him from being executed for his crimes? What is our conclusion actually going to be then, if there is another story?

What I mean is...if the movie takes place "after the end" then the end wasn't really the END, now was it?

...Naruto obviously doesn't want Sasuke Dead.

Naruto is friends with everybody, and literally the strongest Ninja alive, unless you count Sasuke's current bought of Cheating by boosting his Susanoo with the stolen chakra of the tailed beasts.

You gonna tll him no?

If it helps, a promotional image shows Sasuke wearing chains.

as to the "Story after the Story" thing, have you ever heard of Sequels?

If movie is canon, then Manga is first story, movie is sequel.

Not end of story, new story in same setting with same characters.

Logic, yes?

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 07:09 PM
...Naruto obviously doesn't want Sasuke Dead.

Naruto is friends with everybody, and literally the strongest Ninja alive, unless you count Sasuke's current bought of Cheating by boosting his Susanoo with the stolen chakra of the tailed beasts.

You gonna tll him no?

If it helps, a promotional image shows Sasuke wearing chains.

as to the "Story after the Story" thing, have you ever heard of Sequels?

If movie is canon, then Manga is first story, movie is sequel.

Not end of story, new story in same setting with same characters.

Logic, yes?

I'm aware of sequels, but everyone seems to be acting as if this isn't a sequel, just a continuation. That's my issue, that we'll get a gimped ending to the manga so we HAVE to watch the movie. That's what I'm worried about.

And yes, I WOULD say no to Naruto. **** Sasuke, he's a monster.

Ramza00
2014-10-23, 07:10 PM
Guys there is a difference between a stories end and its epilogue.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 07:13 PM
I'm aware of sequels, but everyone seems to be acting as if this isn't a sequel, just a continuation. That's my issue, that we'll get a gimped ending to the manga so we HAVE to watch the movie. That's what I'm worried about.

And yes, I WOULD say no to Naruto. **** Sasuke, he's a monster.

Let me rephrase that.

Do you really want to piss Naruto off by executing the person he inexplicably thinks of as his best friend?

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 07:16 PM
Let me rephrase that.

Do you really want to piss Naruto off by executing the person he inexplicably thinks of as his best friend?

Yes, actually. Show the world how petty and childish our "hero" is. I'm secretly the next movie's villain mwahaha #this is a joke

Seriously though, I don't care what Naruto thinks. Sasuke should be killed.

Morph Bark
2014-10-23, 07:16 PM
Could work, if Naruto still Had Yang Kurama inside him, but he Has the Yin half, and since Yin is the "Good Half", to drastically simplify the Yin-Yang dynamic, it'd be unlikely.

Wait, when and how exactly did Yin and Yang Kurama get switched? Was this because Kurama got ripped from Naruto to be put into the Gedo Mazo and the Fourth gave him his Kurama while I wasn't looking? Because I don't remember that happening. I am rather confused by the seemingly sudden switch.

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 07:17 PM
Wait, when and how exactly did Yin and Yang Kurama get switched? Was this because Kurama got ripped from Naruto to be put into the Gedo Mazo and the Fourth gave him his Kurama while I wasn't looking? Because I don't remember that happening. I am rather confused by the seemingly sudden switch.

Yeah that happened.

Traab
2014-10-23, 07:18 PM
Just because he doesnt die doesnt mean he isnt imprisoned. Its altogether possible that two years from now in the movie he breaks out like mizuki did in the filler and naruto has to go drag him back. Im pretty sure most of the ninja involved would accept a life imprisonment for sasuke if their freaking savior asked for mercy.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 07:27 PM

Minot to tried to do so, but Black Zetsu jacked Yin Kurama and tried to give it to Madara to make the Ten Tails stronger.

However, Obito, pissed that his atempt to repentant "sacrifice himself to bring back the thousands of people he killed" plan dind't work, managed to reverse bodyjack Zetsu, and steal small amounts of Shukaku and Gyuki's chakra from Madara and then he himself sealed Yin Kurama, as well as those chakra fragments from the other two beasts.

That's why Naruto isn't dead from "Tailed Beast ripped out syndrome", and between Yin Kurama, trace amounts of Yang Kurama's chakra, the Chakra of the Two beasts, and the chakra from the other Six that Naruto had given to him willingly by the beasts when Naruto encountered them while they were sealed in the Edo-Tenseid Jinchuriki, is why Naruto has the chakra of all nine beasts, and thus the ability to communicate with them and draw on their power despite them not being sealed in him(Sasuke even said that Naruto is the Jinchuriki of all nine beasts now.)

Lurkmoar
2014-10-23, 07:39 PM
The immature part of me really wants Naruto to beat Sasuke with a punch to the junk.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-23, 10:16 PM
since Yin is the "Good Half"

And Minato put the other half in Naruto in the first place why?:smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2014-10-23, 10:17 PM

Because he was dying.

Rater202
2014-10-23, 10:30 PM

Not sure.

My Head Canon is that he gave the "Yang Half" because as far as he knew the Yin Chakra was just chakra and not something that would regenrate into an entirely new Kurama

Halae
2014-10-24, 04:55 AM
So, new chapter

For some reason I just love that they were so exhausted they had to duke it out with normal punches and kicks.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-10-24, 07:44 AM
The immature part of me really wants Naruto to beat Sasuke with a punch to the junk.

Only if Jiraya, The Fourth and Kushina are watching and Jiraya says

"oooohh...Right in the Rasengans"

Traab
2014-10-24, 08:00 AM
Only if Jiraya, The Fourth and Kushina are watching and Jiraya says

"oooohh...Right in the Rasengans"

Im hoping for a last second beat down ripped entirely from FMA Brotherhood "Allright Full METAL!" "GO ED! "EDWARD ELRICSON!!!!!!" (Or whatever major twinkles yells) Only, ya know, with narutos name included.

chainer1216
2014-10-25, 01:35 AM
I kinda want this fight to end with sakura running up and punching both of them in the face. Nami style.

VariSami
2014-10-25, 01:53 AM
I just dreamt of the best possible ending for the series. Naruto tries to stop Sasuke from killing him by attempting to lunge upwards and headbutt the latter to the face. Instead, Sasuke dodges just enough to cause only Naruto's lips to hit his. You know where this is going, and thus, I will not go to further detail. Just imagine - I am not one to ship those two but it would be the ultimate troll from the original author. In the end, they realize the true extent of their feelings and love conquers hate.

On the other hand, I also like the possibility I discussed with a friend. It has now been shown that Sasuke has the basic abilities inherent to Rinnegan. He ends up pulling a Nagato and saving every each ninja who has died, including all the Uchiha his brother massacred. Oh joy, that family reunion with Itachi and the rest. This is, of course, what we should expect from Kishi.

Traab
2014-10-25, 09:46 AM
I still love MY troll ending suggestion, where naruto has his awesome incredible victory, everyone loves him, everything goes perfectly, then he wakes up in the woods of wave country as "haku" is reaching out to touch him. All this was a chakra exhaustion created dream and they still have to face zabuza in a couple days.

Douglas
2014-10-26, 11:48 AM
Ok, who linked me to Time Braid (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5193644/1/Time-Braid)? I can't find the post now, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on these forums. I'd had plans for this Saturday, dammit!:smallmad::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Traab
2014-10-26, 12:07 PM
Ok, who linked me to Time Braid (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5193644/1/Time-Braid)? I can't find the post now, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on these forums. I'd had plans for this Saturday, dammit!:smallmad::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Ok, now YOU linked me to time braid and I both hate and love you so far.

Douglas
2014-10-26, 01:32 PM
Sorry for the accusation, turns out it was a tvtropes link.

My Saturday is still gone, and I'm having some trouble regretting it.

Fair warning, Sasuke is an exceptional ******* even by his standards in this fanfic. He kind of has reason to be, given how it's all set up, but it still results in some rather dark sections of the story.

Traab
2014-10-26, 02:29 PM
Sorry for the accusation, turns out it was a tvtropes link.

My Saturday is still gone, and I'm having some trouble regretting it.

Fair warning, Sasuke is an exceptional ******* even by his standards in this fanfic. He kind of has reason to be, given how it's all set up, but it still results in some rather dark sections of the story.

Ive already gotten past his first loop. I dont even want to see what the next one is like. Right now im with chapter 10 and thats bad enough. Im hoping this gets straightened out soon as its starting to get too crazy for my preference.

Douglas
2014-10-26, 03:13 PM
Ive already gotten past his first loop. I dont even want to see what the next one is like. Right now im with chapter 10 and thats bad enough. Im hoping this gets straightened out soon as its starting to get too crazy for my preference.
Chapter 10... Ah, that part. Don't worry, it'll be feeding into a "how Sakura grows better than before" plot soon.

Traab
2014-10-26, 04:41 PM
Chapter 10... Ah, that part. Don't worry, it'll be feeding into a "how Sakura grows better than before" plot soon.

Oh yeah, chappy 18 atm, things are progressing apace, they are starting to maybe figure things out. And they are all awesome, though admittedly understanding the byakugan went a bit above my head when hinata explained it. Sounded cool though. My new personal theory spoiled because I feel like it. The goddess third class sakura chatted with mentioned naruto is already a demigod, and she thought sakura was already a kami or angel. My theory is the higher ups are trying to reform a new pantheon for their world. Sasuke is there because there needs to be a great evil to oppose them for balance. Dont tell me if im right or not, I just like to fire off guesses and see how close I am. :smallbiggrin:

*EDIT* Whew! I finished the story and was surprised I got as close as I did! I wish he wrote a sequel just to cover what happens next. I mean, they still have to clean up akatsuki, and they have to reach a point where they can show off their actual skills or close enough to beat these s rank ninja without being treated as enemy plants or something. Not too mention trying to unite the world. Plenty of openings for more resets.

Douglas
2014-10-26, 10:11 PM
*EDIT* Whew! I finished the story and was surprised I got as close as I did! I wish he wrote a sequel just to cover what happens next. I mean, they still have to clean up akatsuki, and they have to reach a point where they can show off their actual skills or close enough to beat these s rank ninja without being treated as enemy plants or something. Not too mention trying to unite the world. Plenty of openings for more resets.
Yeah, but the mystery's gone and there's no question of challenging combat - any of the three protagonists could beat any member of Akatsuki without breaking a sweat, including Pein and Tobi, and Naruto and maybe Sakura could solo the entire organization all at once. Madara would never stand a chance, either.

He'd have to go pretty far afield to give any actually difficult obstacles to them, so it would be hard to avoid either going unreasonably far from the source material or turning into "watch the overpowered protagonists curb stomp everything". And the whole "restored the Beacon of Hope" thing fundamentally alters the setting too.

The story was very good, but I think it's good he stopped where he did.

Traab
2014-10-27, 10:25 AM
Yeah, but the mystery's gone and there's no question of challenging combat - any of the three protagonists could beat any member of Akatsuki without breaking a sweat, including Pein and Tobi, and Naruto and maybe Sakura could solo the entire organization all at once. Madara would never stand a chance, either.

He'd have to go pretty far afield to give any actually difficult obstacles to them, so it would be hard to avoid either going unreasonably far from the source material or turning into "watch the overpowered protagonists curb stomp everything". And the whole "restored the Beacon of Hope" thing fundamentally alters the setting too.

The story was very good, but I think it's good he stopped where he did.

Maybe so but, we already have the whole good versus evil thing thats been a known part of the story from fairly early on. The forces of darkness arent just going to give up on this world, and there is plenty of room for manipulation on all sides. It could even be something simple like them boosting akatsuki from behind the scenes. Little nudges on how to be even more deadly with their skills. Sort of like how comic fans are great at pointing out unintended consequences of various super powers and how they could be used to end reality by accident. :p But aside from that, manipulating even the "good" side, since they cant afford to showcase their actual level of power and skill for a few years, putting them into situations where they have no choice but to do so to create suspicion and other problems could make for an interesting story and a reason to do more loops. Not too mention the demon statue thing still exists and can be used in a variety of ways to end the world.

Aotrs Commander
2014-10-27, 12:17 PM

It is rather good, isn't it? I wasn't sure when it seemed to shift emphasis away from the ground-hog day-style start, but then it sort of went from strength-to-strengh. Most impressively is the way he handled the escalating powers and yet still managed to keep Sakura challenged (and not even at the very top tier).

Traab
2014-10-27, 12:24 PM
It is rather good, isn't it? I wasn't sure when it seemed to shift emphasis away from the ground-hog day-style start, but then it sort of went from strength-to-strengh. Most impressively is the way he handled the escalating powers and yet still managed to keep Sakura challenged (and not even at the very top tier).

Yeah, when it started and the first crossover loop happened I thought it would be an interesting story where the main cast each have their own loops that only sometimes meet and seeing how they work out would be awesome. But the direction the story actually took was pretty sweet. Admittedly I disliked certain dark parts of it, but it turned out ok in the end. All in all a good addition to my ever expanding library of fanfiction. Heh, one of my favorite authors just started a new story, Harry Potter/Mass Effect. Harry Potter: Geth by mjimeyg. I know nothing about mass effect, but I love this guys work with his Potters Protector, M-Day, and Deaths Little Brother series. So im willing to give it a chance. Best part is, he updates a new chapter every day. Downside is that means he doesnt release new stories till they are pretty much complete.

Douglas
2014-10-27, 01:05 PM
I particularly liked the Curse of Despair thing.
The wording on that is insidiously evil, and it explains so perfectly why everything so consistently goes horribly wrong in the original manga/anime with all the well intended extremists, genocide "for the greater good", etc. Add Naruto having the Mandate of Heaven, and it neutralizing the Curse not only on him but also on the area around him, and it also explains the effectiveness of his famed Therapy/Talky No Jutsu. Naruto starts talking with someone, and for the first time in that person's life his judgement isn't being twisted by the Curse.

Also, it made for a good victory completion objective that didn't require going through the entire list of manga villains first.

On another note, the phrase "elapsed time to beatdown" got a big laugh out of me in the segment where they're investigating Pein. All this advancement, beating Orochimaru becoming a triviality, circumventing any security in Konoha almost like it isn't there, and all they can do against Pein is count how long it takes for him to notice that they're inside his national borders and annihilate them - and that time is measured in hours and minutes despite the distance involved. It's a nice illustration of just how big a step up the power scale he is.

And then there's that Wish.
Oh dear god the wording and (interpreted) intent on that thing. Give Naruto, the Designated Hero, and his best buddies the ability to go back in time whenever they want in order to fix, and I quote, "everything". I imagine there was some very tricky future-prediction involved in the timing and presentation to get that exact Wish out of him, and someone very high up was positively ecstatic with glee over the prospect.

Traab
2014-10-27, 01:16 PM
I agree, the curse was awesome, especially the way it was different depending on location. It was always a fate meant to spread despair and misery, but each nation had a different one. I bet it was done that way to help avoid anyone even making that sort fo connection. I mean, if everyone in every nation kept having the "makes everything worse no matter what they do" fate, or whatever it was in ame, then it might look suspicious. I woul;dnt be surprised if Konoha had "You will be the lightest of the lands, and use that to justify any atrocity you commit." or something to that effect. That was also a running theme, sakura and friends realizing that while konoha IS the least evil of all nations, that doesnt make it good. Its like in South Park. "I think voting is great, but, if I have to choose between a douche and a turd, I just don't see the point.” Or to put it less profane, "The lesser of two evils is still evil"

Sith_Happens
2014-10-27, 08:50 PM
So I'm getting the impression from your discussion of this fic that it's Naruto meets Exalted with a dash of Madoka Magica.

Traab
2014-10-27, 09:03 PM
So I'm getting the impression from your discussion of this fic that it's Naruto meets Exalted with a dash of Madoka Magica.

I would agree (or not) if I knew anything about exalted or madoka. :smallbiggrin:

Rater202
2014-10-27, 09:04 PM

...There was one Fic that had Team 7 exalting. Sasuke was an Infernal who went Heretic really fast.

Douglas
2014-10-27, 09:42 PM
I know a little bit about Exalted, and I don't think it's really relevant here. If you thought of it because of the Curse of Despair thing, I don't think it really has much in common with Exalted's Great Curse. No clue about Madoka Magica.

It starts off as Naruto meets Groundhog Day, adds in some quite reasonable powering up over time given the kind of powerups the manga/anime has (and there's a lot of time available thanks to the time loop), and eventually throws in a dash of alternate universes and celestial cold war between gods/angels and demons in the background.

It appears to have been written after the Moons' Eye Plan and "Madara" reveal but before anything about Kaguya, and possibly before the Tobi = Obito reveal.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-27, 11:30 PM
If you thought of it because of the Curse of Despair thing, I don't think it really has much in common with Exalted's Great Curse.

It was the "Mandate of Heaven" bit that made me think Exalted, actually.

No clue about Madoka Magica.

The stuff about wishes,
and the Groundhog Day loop.

Douglas
2014-10-27, 11:35 PM
Well if you're reading the spoiler comments, go ahead and read the actual story already, it's well worth the time.

And no, that has pretty much no relation to Exalted either.

LaZodiac
2014-10-28, 12:22 AM
I like how the Naruto thread has become the Naruto Fanfic thread. People will gravitate towards better stories :smallamused:

Lurkmoar
2014-10-28, 12:40 AM
I like how the Naruto thread has become the Naruto Fanfic thread. People will gravitate towards better stories :smallamused:

Naruto's about to wrap up and the conclusion seems better clear from past history. Naruto probably beats Sasuke or Sasuke realizes that he can't truly kill his best friend (LOL WUT) and Sasuke ends up in Konoha's custody. I'm not expecting any relationship upgrades for Naruto in the finale either; Naruto hasn't said jack to Hinata indicating that he's friendzoned her. Sakura... that would be a bad joke, she's not interested in him that way. Plus she's got a bad case of loving a Sasuke that doesn't exist. I would like to see a double fatality just to freak everyone the hell out though.

I'm expecting this thread to hit a postmortem phase after that were everyone debates where the shark was jumped and Rater202 pops up with his juicy MLP avatar that quickens my heart(kidding! or maybe I'm not!) to tell folks to chill the hell out. Expect the MST2K mantra to be repeated multiple times. Then wonder why x action wasn't taken at y time, so on and so for.

Then, depending on what happens to the franchise next, the thread will either become undead... or expecting NARUTO WORLD TOUR, Naruto: the best bits(no filler and flashbacks limited!) or Naruto: the reboot.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-28, 01:20 AM
Then, depending on what happens to the franchise next, the thread will either become undead... or expecting NARUTO WORLD TOUR, Naruto: the best bits(no filler and flashbacks limited!) or Naruto: the reboot.

Don't forget the last movie. Which, according to Wikipedia, takes place two years after the manga finale and is about the moon suddenly starting to fall.

Traab
2014-10-28, 08:05 AM

Meh, it happens from time to time when there isnt anything worth discussing about the latest chapter, or there is a holiday break between them or whatever. And hey, its naruto related so thats good enough for me! lol. I still say my absolute favorite thing as a fan of fanfiction is when the source material is still being written, and there is a big reveal like itachi being a sort of good guy, or narutos mom being kushina and having those chakra chains, then suddenly BLAM! Every story gets updated with that new factoid. It was freaking hilarious. My second favorite thing is the authors managing to guess future plot reveals ahead of time. Its just so random, and the rest of the story doesnt match canon, but this one big surprise reveal turned out to be true in his fic a year before it was made. My third favorite thing is its rare to see a final battle in a fanfic that takes years to be finished, even with a far more delayed update schedule than the manga.

Aotrs Commander
2014-10-29, 04:30 AM

I'm sort of surprised fanfic doesn't get discussed more often in this thread, actually, given how large the fanfic base is (on Fanfiction.net, Naruto is the second biggest category (370K stories, 100k ahead of the third-place slot; and only five categories brake 100k stories), only behind Harry Potter, and I think now only MLP may eclipse it and only then on its own site). Before MLP came along and hemorrhaged a not inconsiderable amount of the remaining good author talent and the signal-to-noise ratio dropped sharply, it was part of my daily reading for about five years! (I read a lot of fanfic, largely because it's free and takes up no storage space ande I'd probably struggle to find enough stuff to read at my rate otherwise.)

Silverraptor
2014-10-29, 07:55 AM
Okay, I need a little help with the newest chapter.

Chapter 698 on page 10, the last panel won't load for me...
The part where sasuke asks Naruto why he cares so much for him and Naruto responds "It's just when I hear you blabbering about carrying everything on your shoulders..."
the panel right after that won't load, so I don't see the other half of that statement and its bugging the hell out of me. Anyone want to plop down the other half of the statement for me to read here please? I don't know why its giving me trouble.

Rater202
2014-10-29, 08:31 AM
So, Naruto pulls off an epic recovery, talks with Kurama, we get some hinths that Yin and Yang might havea shared Memory.

The fight ends, Naruto and Sasuke talk because they can't move. Naruto explains why he won't give up on Sasuke and what he means by calling himself Sasuke's friend.

Sasuke Finally gets it, and they talk more. Sasuke says if he dies now, the curse will be broken(no more Uchiha for Indra to reincarnate into) and says if Naruto let's him die, they can still break the Genjutsu by giving his rinnegan to Kakashi. Naruto calls him stupid and says that he wants all Shinobi to work together, and that includes Sasuke, but Sasuke points out that the other shinobi aren't likely to want that.

They fall aspleep and wake up in the moring, talk more, and holy **** they blew their arms off.

LaZodiac
2014-10-29, 08:46 AM
Okay, I need a little help with the newest chapter.

Chapter 698 on page 10, the last panel won't load for me...
The part where sasuke asks Naruto why he cares so much for him and Naruto responds "It's just when I hear you blabbering about carrying everything on your shoulders..."
the panel right after that won't load, so I don't see the other half of that statement and its bugging the hell out of me. Anyone want to plop down the other half of the statement for me to read here please? I don't know why its giving me trouble.

SAsuke looks surprised, NAruto says he just can't ignore it, Sasuke goes ...., Naruto says "well but today I'm hurting too much to do anything about it, hehe" and Sasuke looks at him with this weird expression of understanding and sadness and Naruto just laughs and then Sasuke images him as a child.

Anyway, thoughts on this chapter. It's leading to an alright conclusion, though I really just wanted Sasuke to die.

But like...this chapter actually is really, really good after reading it in full. We get some indepth looks into what Sasuke's deal is, and then teh twist at the end, oh my god. That's some good symbolism there, if a little heavy handed. Also I hope they managed to hold hands before their arms ****ING EXPLODED, cause then everyone's ****ed.

Rater202
2014-10-29, 08:50 AM
SAsuke looks surprised, NAruto says he just can't ignore it, Sasuke goes ...., Naruto says "well but today I'm hurting too much to do anything about it, hehe" and Sasuke looks at him with this weird expression of understanding and sadness and Naruto just laughs and then Sasuke images him as a child.

Anyway, thoughts on this chapter. It's leading to an alright conclusion, though I really just wanted Sasuke to die.

But like...this chapter actually is really, really good after reading it in full. We get some indepth looks into what Sasuke's deal is, and then teh twist at the end, oh my god. That's some good symbolism there, if a little heavy handed. Also I hope they managed to hold hands before their arms ****ING EXPLODED, cause then everyone's ****ed.

Well, the "Nobody but Naruto is going to want him around" issue you've been talking was brought up

also, did they say which hands they had to hold? They each have an other one.

The poster for the movie shows Naruto with his arm covered by bandages. I'm thinking that healing an exploded arm is not going to be pretty.

LaZodiac
2014-10-29, 09:17 AM
Well, the "Nobody but Naruto is going to want him around" issue you've been talking was brought up

also, did they say which hands they had to hold? They each have an other one.

The poster for the movie shows Naruto with his arm covered by bandages. I'm thinking that healing an exploded arm is not going to be pretty.

I don't understand what you mean, it seemed for the most part that Sasuke is not liked by anyone but Naruto still.

It has to be the one that has the sage mark on it, and the hands that exploded had the sage marks on it.

Rater202
2014-10-29, 09:21 AM
I don't understand what you mean, it seemed for the most part that Sasuke is not liked by anyone but Naruto still.

It has to be the one that has the sage mark on it, and the hands that exploded had the sage marks on it.

Sasuke himself says that nobody but Naruto is going to want him around, and Naruto doesn't have a solution to that.

I don't remember them ever saying that-besides, the Sage Marks disapeared after they sealed Kaguya. I'm thinking those were less "Marks representing the Sages Power" and more "Fancy seals each holding half of the version of Chibaku Tensei needed to seal her away becuase it'll take too long to teach you how to do it"

Actually, to be honest, I don't even remember them saying they need to hold hands, just that they need the tailed beasts and Sasuke's Rinnegan-Sasuke even says they should be able to break the Genjutsu if they transplant Sasuke's Eye into someone else during his "Just let me die" monologue.

Ramza00
2014-10-29, 09:34 AM
New chapter and the angst is strong in this one.

Sasuke just admit you like "naruto" in that way, either from a friendship perspective or a significant other you have a fetish when it comes to naruto, you pretend you can't look at him but you are so "drawn" to him.

And the mangapanda version of page 19 is not helping "I might come for your ass again you know", mangastream has it "what if I ending up opposing you again"

----

Big deal about them losing two arms. It is cool from a symbolism angle but it won't stop anybody in this highly magical world.

Sasuke probably knows Orochimaru's white snake technique or Orochimaru or Kabuto can temporarily grant him this ability if they wake them up. Kabuto may also just be able to heal the arm with his part 1 cell repair technique. Hell maybe Sasuke just needs to bite Karin. If they can't do that though there is always arm transplants and such such as Danzo's arm.

Naruto if he can't heal himself he can always get Sakura to heal him or Sakura can summon Katsuyu the slug healer. If Katsuyu with enough chakra can heal Tsunade who was bisected into two than they can heal a simple arm. Furthermore Tsuande's yin seal release would be able to heal an arm. If necessary I bet Tsuande, Naruto, and Ino Yamanaka can do some form of mind switch technique giving Tsuande temporarily control over Naruto and allowing her to heal naruto's injuries. But even if naruto can't be healed with shadow clones and the nine tail's chakra hands does he really need two hands. The fourth hokage has already shown that even a person with no hands at all can be pretty elite with chakra hands.

Thus the only way this may be influential to the story is if they have to have those original hands due to the sage of the six path's seals are needed to release the infinite tsukuyomi but even then they have an option. Sasuke with his sharingan eye (not rinnegan) can pull a madara time travel back to the battle via Izanagi and Sasuke now in control of his past self can choose not to engage in the fight with naruto or make sure that both arms remain intact.

LaZodiac
2014-10-29, 09:35 AM
Sasuke himself says that nobody but Naruto is going to want him around, and Naruto doesn't have a solution to that.

I don't remember them ever saying that-besides, the Sage Marks disapeared after they sealed Kaguya. I'm thinking those were less "Marks representing the Sages Power" and more "Fancy seals each holding half of the version of Chibaku Tensei needed to seal her away becuase it'll take too long to teach you how to do it"

Actually, to be honest, I don't even remember them saying they need to hold hands, just that they need the tailed beasts and Sasuke's Rinnegan-Sasuke even says they should be able to break the Genjutsu if they transplant Sasuke's Eye into someone else during his "Just let me die" monologue.

The Sage of Six Paths explicitly said the way to break the seal is for them to hold hands and unseal it together.

Madara
2014-10-29, 09:35 AM
http://s269.photobucket.com/user/DBZ_2008/media/dbz-budokai-tenkaichi-3-artwork--2.gif.html

For the record, the whole losing one arm thing happens way too much in this manga.

Merellis
2014-10-29, 09:40 AM
Lets give Naruto a hand here, he didn't have to strongarm Sasuke into admitting his loss. :smallamused:

I did like the fact that instead of getting stabbed through the chest again he just punched Sasuke into a wall.

Rater202
2014-10-29, 09:43 AM
The Sage of Six Paths explicitly said the way to break the seal is for them to hold hands and unseal it together.

But did he say which hands? The Sage marks are gone so it probably doesn't need to be those hands

LaZodiac
2014-10-29, 10:30 AM
But did he say which hands? The Sage marks are gone so it probably doesn't need to be those hands

Not that I can tell.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-29, 10:42 AM
Sasuke probably knows Orochimaru's white snake technique or Orochimaru or Kabuto can temporarily grant him this ability if they wake them up. Kabuto may also just be able to heal the arm with his part 1 cell repair technique. Hell maybe Sasuke just needs to bite Karin. If they can't do that though there is always arm transplants and such such as Danzo's arm.

Jugo was able to regrow most of Sasuke's chest cavity way back when he got nailed with a Gyuki-cloak Lariat, an arm will be no problem.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-29, 10:45 AM
I can't decide if having seen the movie promo art makes this chapter more or less interesting.

Ramza00
2014-10-29, 11:20 AM
Jugo was able to regrow most of Sasuke's chest cavity way back when he got nailed with a Gyuki-cloak Lariat, an arm will be no problem.

Forgot about that, well that will be the best option.

Naruto with the Kyuubi giving Jugo chakra, Jugo then giving Naruto and Sasuke physical flesh.

Tangent- Your comment reminded me of something on another note all the chakra transferring techniques that we know of came from members of the Senjus, Uzumakis, tailed beasts, zetsus, and whatever clan Jugo is. All of these clans in my mind have a pattern that they have astonishing Yang/Life energy and they could share this life energy with others. Furthermore they seem to be connected to the nature of the original chakra tree/ten tails. I think the only two people that have not had this pattern with named lineage are Sakura and Tsuande's boyfriend Dan (that and some non canon Anime villains). Both of which are Konoha ninja and thus may have some Senju or Uzumaki lineage (even if its distant).

The Senju have superb chakra creating and sharing abilities. They get their abilities from the tree.

The Uchiha by contrast have lineage to the Chakra tree's eye. The Uchiha have superb chakra manipulation and (eventually with the Rinnegan) chakra absorption capabilities.

Orochimaru wasted so much time chasing down Itachi and Sasuke since they were the only good connection left to this bloodline. Orochimaru already had so many good test subjects on the other side with Karin, Jugo, Kimimaro, and the 1st hokage dna which he used to graft the ability onto Yamato, Danzo, and to summon the first hokage with Edo Tensei. Orochimaru was rolling in one half of the puzzle but completely lacked the other half.

Kato
2014-10-29, 11:56 AM
And the mangapanda version of page 19 is not helping "I might come for your ass again you know", mangastream has it "what if I ending up opposing you again"

I think mangapanda is just more honest here :smalltongue:

Meh, decent chapter. Though I'd really have seen this part of Sasuke's memories WAY earlier and not just now. Also, it's still not anywhere near enough to redeem him. If you want to cut ties, fine. If you impale your allies with Chidori, not fine. But I guess naruto is too much Jesus to hold a grudge.

Though, when pre-timeskip, in canon, was Naruto ever ahead of Sasuke? Except for that one time when his Rasengan proved more poferful than Chidori? Or when he was in a Kyubi-rage? And even now... How did Naruto win? I mean, I guess he stopped Sasuke from killing him, so because he was only after a draw he kind of won but it's not like he's proven to be stronger...

Finally: Naruto regrew half his chest in their last battle there and Sasuke came back from similar things. If they don't regain their arms then purely because "symbolism".

Rater202
2014-10-29, 12:03 PM

Meh, decent chapter. Though I'd really have seen this part of Sasuke's memories WAY earlier and not just now. Also, it's still not anywhere near enough to redeem him. If you want to cut ties, fine. If you impale your allies with Chidori, not fine. But I guess naruto is too much Jesus to hold a grudge.

Though, when pre-timeskip, in canon, was Naruto ever ahead of Sasuke? Except for that one time when his Rasengan proved more poferful than Chidori? Or when he was in a Kyubi-rage? And even now... How did Naruto win? I mean, I guess he stopped Sasuke from killing him, so because he was only after a draw he kind of won but it's not like he's proven to be stronger...

Finally: Naruto regrew half his chest in their last battle there and Sasuke came back from similar things. If they don't regain their arms then purely because "symbolism".

Sasuke has lots of natural talent but relativly little natural power.

Naruto is the opposite, he has a very high base power, thanks to Kurama, but has no natural skill

Naruto was always stronger than Sasuke, but lacked the training to use it.

Once Naruto started working his ass off and had some proper teachers, He started to surpass Sasuke.

That was part of the reason Sasuke betrayed the village, he was running on dumb-ass logic and figured "If the Dead Last Surpasses me, I'll never get strong enough to kill Itatchi. Better go work for the creepy guy that wants my body because he said he can make me stronger faster with no proof of those claims"

Traab
2014-10-29, 12:04 PM

Naruto beat Garra when sasuke couldnt even really wound him much.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-29, 12:04 PM
Though, when pre-timeskip, in canon, was Naruto ever ahead of Sasuke? Except for that one time when his Rasengan proved more poferful than Chidori? Or when he was in a Kyubi-rage?

The time that Naruto beat Gaara who had just finished thrashing Sasuke. Which may have involved Kurama lending chakra but if so it wasn't explicit, and in fact in the anime when Naruto summons Gamaunta his chakra is blue rather than red.

Lurkmoar
2014-10-29, 12:26 PM
Decent chapter and about what I expected.

Minus the losing the arm bit of course.

So is Naruto ending on chapter 699 or 700? I've read it reported both ways.

Ramza00
2014-10-29, 12:41 PM

Naruto is reaction and tenacity. Naruto can't pace himself, he needs someone else to set small goals in front of him to work towards and then he can endure and outlast and just never give up till he succeeds and overwhelms the challenge. Naruto needs a 1 on 1 teacher to succeed.

Sasuke is ingenuity, talent, and motivation. Set a goal in front of Sasuke and he can create his own willpower and motivation to do whatever is necessary. Sasuke learns by instinctually picking up things from his environment and then applying them in a new way. Sasuke needs a goal and not a teacher to succeed. Without the goal to drive him forward Sasuke is useless, with something to focus on Sasuke gets success handed to him for free by the writer :smallwink:

Look at Sasuke and the times he fails. (Against Orochimaru in the Chunnin Exams prior to Naruto getting the five element seal, Gaara, Itachi, and Killer B). If Sasuke can't foresee an obvious way he can win Sasuke will give up and he will falter. Sasuke needs to know that he is able to succeed to generate his own motivation. In those same situations Naruto being the Shonen hero just powers on and never gives up no matter how stupid doing so is.

LaZodiac
2014-10-29, 12:52 PM
Decent chapter and about what I expected.

Minus the losing the arm bit of course.

So is Naruto ending on chapter 699 or 700? I've read it reported both ways.

Chapter 700.

Thrawn183
2014-10-30, 12:15 AM
I genuinely can't remember, did Karin die or was she just seriously injured?

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 12:18 AM

She's in the Infinite Tsukyomi with everyone else. Nothing even remotely bad happened to other then this...unless you think hanging out with Orochimaru is bad.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 12:19 AM

Current Status: Alive, trapped in the Senju. Infinite Moon thingy dream unknown, but most likely X-rated and involving Sasuke.

ben-zayb
2014-10-30, 01:26 AM
The bromance is strong in this chapter. I want to say that this chapter is satisfactory, but I still felt that the fight was too rushed and contrived to make them fight on par with each other. Still, glad the fight was finally over.

By the way, did anyone in Naruto ever die due to blood loss for a considerably large amount of time? None? Alright.

I also appreciate that the movie's promo art for both characters (including the chibi version) sort of reflects the loss of arms.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-10-30, 07:53 AM
Remember all those awesome jutsu Naruto learned on the way to this fight? all those skills he developed and trained in?

GLAD NONE OF THEM MADE AN APPEARANCE.

*slams head on desk* The Gaara fight was more of a final battle than this.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 08:06 AM
Remember all those awesome jutsu Naruto learned on the way to this fight? all those skills he developed and trained in?

...You mean that Shadow Clones, Rasengan, Nature Manipulation, Sage Mode, Tailed beast chakra, and miltiply combinations of the above aren't powers and techniques he's learned along the entire story?

Because I'm reasonably certain that that's his entire repertoire of non-perverted combat powers.

Or in otherwords, you're complaining about nothing right now

ben-zayb
2014-10-30, 09:39 AM

*slams head on desk* The Gaara fight was more of a final battle than this.

The likely explanation was Naruto holding back just enough to not turn Sasuke into paste. He had the most lethal, irreversible, un-"tank"-able weapon in Narutoverse (Gudoudama), but he likely never spammed it despite his massive chakra / energy reserve due to this reasoning.

He was powerful to the point that Sasuke needed to leech the 9 bijuu chakra just to keep up, and in the end we still had Rasengan = Chidori + Kagutsuchi. And tgat was Naruto trying not to accidentally off Sasuke.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 09:49 AM
The likely explanation was Naruto holding back just enough to not turn Sasuke into paste. He had the most lethal, irreversible, un-"tank"-able weapon in Narutoverse (Gudoudama), but he likely never spammed it despite his massive chakra / energy reserve due to this reasoning.

He was powerful to the point that Sasuke needed to leech the 9 bijuu chakra just to keep up, and in the end we still had Rasengan = Chidori + Kagutsuchi. And tgat was Naruto trying not to accidentally off Sasuke.

And again, Naruto did use most of his skills in this fight.

Counting off the ones he didn't use-Sexy Jutsu, Tree and Water Walking, Sealing Scrolls, OMG Overkill Spheres, and non wind, non Yin-Yang elemental Jutsu(which he may or may not need conscious cooperation from the other Biju to use to the extent he did against Kaguya, at least for now).

He's used literally every other skill he's learned in the series in this fight.

If it were and actual "Fight" fight and not a "Trying to knock some sense into yo ass" fight, Ironically Naruto probably wouldn't have had to go through as much effort to win as he did(Sasuke surrendered while they were laying down bleeding, that makes it a win for Naruto)

Now, Naruto and Sasuke exchanged bodily fluids, lost a part of themselves to each other, and slept together. How long before the Yaoi fans and/or NaruSasu shippers realize this and squeal?

ben-zayb
2014-10-30, 10:03 AM
And again, Naruto did use most of his skills in this fight.

Counting off the ones he didn't use-Sexy Jutsu, Tree and Water Walking, Sealing Scrolls, OMG Overkill Spheres, and non wind, non Yin-Yang elemental Jutsu(which he may or may not need conscious cooperation from the other Biju to use to the extent he did against Kaguya, at least for now).

He's used literally every other skill he's learned in the series in this fight.

If it were and actual "Fight" fight and not a "Trying to knock some sense into yo ass" fight, Ironically Naruto probably wouldn't have had to go through as much effort to win as he did(Sasuke surrendered while they were laying down bleeding, that makes it a win for Naruto)

Now, Naruto and Sasuke exchanged bodily fluids, lost a part of themselves to each other, and slept together. How long before the Yaoi fans and/or NaruSasu shippers realize this and squeal?You forgot to include Sage Mode Yellow Flash level speedblitz that Naruto seems to have forgotten after doing it against Kaguya herself while Sasuke was being a dead weight for the good half of the fight.

As for your latter point, aren't they already? Just look at the blood puddle, dude. They look as though they were holding "hands", and the puddle itself sorta looks like a heart.

EDIT: Sasuke was even a total tsundere at the end.

Ramza00
2014-10-30, 10:19 AM
Toneri Ōtsutsuki is a character in the last naruto movie. This is the same last name as the sage of the six paths so he is probably a descendant of the sage or his brother.

World coming to an end with 5 nations marching huge armies, and we have never seen him. Thank god such a useful person was not to be found.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 10:53 AM
Toneri Ōtsutsuki is a character in the last naruto movie. This is the same last name as the sage of the six paths so he is probably a descendant of the sage or his brother.

World coming to an end with 5 nations marching huge armies, and we have never seen him. Thank god such a useful person was not to be found.

This is another reason I hate the fact that the series is going to have a movie finale. It undercuts the ending so damn hard to be like "and then there was ANOTHER threat!" and it makes me worried that the ending won't bother giving closure to some things, because "the movie is there to do it".

Ramza00
2014-10-30, 11:20 AM
This is another reason I hate the fact that the series is going to have a movie finale. It undercuts the ending so damn hard to be like "and then there was ANOTHER threat!" and it makes me worried that the ending won't bother giving closure to some things, because "the movie is there to do it".

I hope there is no real villain in this movie and that it is circumstance or contingency plans set in motion by the manga villains earlier are just activating. Something like the moon coming to hit earth due to natural reasons or something.

A child of the sage of six paths bloodline can be interesting if he has no special powers and just is a historical sage/archivist but even then this is very dangerous ground to walk and most likely the movie will be bad.

Lets be honest the series has had very few "Awesome" moments since the pain fight and the only one that really stick was 4th hokage vs Tobi/Obito and that was just because the final way that the 4th hokage won was awesome (skill not luck or raw power.)

----

On the subject of the 4th hokage, why the hell did not he not send a shadow clone to finish Obito off? We know the 4th hokage can use shadow clones and those clones can use the flying thunder god technique (really made obvious after he tries to kill Obito when Obito almost resurrected Madara but instead becomes the Ten Tails Jinchuuriki). We also know the flying thundergod seals never disappear. So why is he not sending a shadow clone to chase after Obito with another rasengan (or a sage fueled rasengan). It is a shadow clone, it is expendable, it is only chakra and rasengan and the flying thunder god do not take much chakra (though shadow clones is another story).

Even if he was going to go up against the nine tails and he was trying to conserve chakra this seems stupid.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 12:41 PM

Can you wait until the movie's out before you bitch about it please?

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 12:50 PM
Can you wait until the movie's out before you bitch about it please?

Aggressive much? I'm not "bitching" I'm discussing my fears on how this movie will effect the manga. Maybe the movie will be great, but I'm WORRIED that it being here will effect the manga's ending in a negative way.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 01:02 PM
Aggressive much? I'm not "bitching" I'm discussing my fears on how this movie will effect the manga. Maybe the movie will be great, but I'm WORRIED that it being here will effect the manga's ending in a negative way.

Language choices sound like bitching.

All we know is that what's his face is a descendant of the Sage, or the Sages brother, Like half the cast, and has the same last name.

From this, you're extrapolating "Nope, no closure to anything because movie".

When a movie comes after a time skip of at least 2 years, it's not "Nope, there was a new threat all of that was irrelevant" it's "Hey, this guy was also a thing but wasn't a threat until now" and we don't even know how exactly he impacts the plot.

You're complaints are equivocal to saying that Doctor Gero building his Androids undercuts the ending of the Frieza Saga in Dragon Ball.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 01:10 PM
Language choices sound like bitching.

All we know is that what's his face is a descendant of the Sage, or the Sages brother, Like half the cast, and has the same last name.

From this, you're extrapolating "Nope, no closure to anything because movie".

When a movie comes after a time skip of at least 2 years, it's not "Nope, there was a new threat all of that was irrelevant" it's "Hey, this guy was also a thing but wasn't a threat until now" and we don't even know how exactly he impacts the plot.

You're complaints are equivocal to saying that Doctor Gero building his Androids undercuts the ending of the Frieza Saga in Dragon Ball.

Well I'm sorry, then, because that was not my intention to come off like that. I just want some sort of closure for the manga that feels satisfying, and I'm worried that the movie might cut into that a little. I'm not saying there wont' be any closure, but that the stuff we get won't be good. At any rate we'll see. I DO like Naruto to realize, so the position I'm coming from here is from someone who's worried the manga might end on a sour note, and then be forced to scour the internet to find a sub of the movie so I can actually get some sort of conclusion.

And regarding your Dragonball Z example...it kinda does. If you read and finished the Frieza saga and thought that was it for the series, that would of been a great ending! Goku achieves Super Saiyen and beats the strongest foe in the galaxy, but dies. It gives some good closure to our characters, and ties up things really nicely actually. The Android Saga brings up time travel (which is kind of weird and feels a little against the series, though still good because it's handled well) and makes it so that our hero is killed because...of a heart condition. The revelation that Gero was watching the entire time with little spy bots is interesting, but also means that his data shouldn't really matter because he said he couldn't spy on them on Namek, so it raises some questions on "why are these Androids such a big threat?" and so on.

My point being is that though the Android saga IS good, because it's well written and stuff, it DOES undercut the Frieza saga a bit.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 01:19 PM
Well I'm sorry, then, because that was not my intention to come off like that. I just want some sort of closure for the manga that feels satisfying, and I'm worried that the movie might cut into that a little. I'm not saying there wont' be any closure, but that the stuff we get won't be good. At any rate we'll see. I DO like Naruto to realize, so the position I'm coming from here is from someone who's worried the manga might end on a sour note, and then be forced to scour the internet to find a sub of the movie so I can actually get some sort of conclusion.

Nothing about the Movie seems to imply that the Manga will end sourly.

We've got two chapters to see if Saskura/Kakashi find NAruto and Sasuke before they bleed out and patch them up enough to undo the Genjutsu and set the Biju free, so that's one chapter, and an other to tie up lose plot threads.

Really, the only thing I can think of that might not get resolved is the NaruHina yay/nay thing, if only becuase after all of the stuff that's just happened in the last few days, I'm reasonably cwertain that even Naruto isn't stupid enough to think that decidnig things like a relationship then and there after all of that physical and emotional stress is a good Idea.

I still want a scene at the end with Gaara finding out that Naruto has Shukaku's chakra and insists on Naruto coming to Sand to learn how to use it as a pretense to spend time with his friend.(Which is a handy excuse to Give Naruto new powers for the movie)

...What are the chances that Kishi told the Anime and/or videogame people about the "Naruto's going to lose an arm" thing, and Mecha-Naruto is subtle foreshadowing of Naruto getting a puppet arm in the Movie?

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 02:59 PM
Nothing about the Movie seems to imply that the Manga will end sourly.

We've got two chapters to see if Saskura/Kakashi find NAruto and Sasuke before they bleed out and patch them up enough to undo the Genjutsu and set the Biju free, so that's one chapter, and an other to tie up lose plot threads.

Really, the only thing I can think of that might not get resolved is the NaruHina yay/nay thing, if only becuase after all of the stuff that's just happened in the last few days, I'm reasonably cwertain that even Naruto isn't stupid enough to think that decidnig things like a relationship then and there after all of that physical and emotional stress is a good Idea.

I still want a scene at the end with Gaara finding out that Naruto has Shukaku's chakra and insists on Naruto coming to Sand to learn how to use it as a pretense to spend time with his friend.(Which is a handy excuse to Give Naruto new powers for the movie)

...What are the chances that Kishi told the Anime and/or videogame people about the "Naruto's going to lose an arm" thing, and Mecha-Naruto is subtle foreshadowing of Naruto getting a puppet arm in the Movie?

Mecha Naruto exists because for awhile Kishimoto was using colour pages to draw our protagonists in different settings. Cowboy Naruto, Mecha Anime Naruto, and so on. It's all meant to be a joke, not foreshadowing :smallamused:

Lurkmoar
2014-10-30, 05:50 PM
Mecha Naruto exists because for awhile Kishimoto was using colour pages to draw our protagonists in different settings. Cowboy Naruto, Mecha Anime Naruto, and so on. It's all meant to be a joke, not foreshadowing :smallamused:

Reminds me of the other color pages like Naruto and all the other Jinchuriki posing for a photo and baby!Naruto with his folks....

now I made myself feel sad. :smallfrown:

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-30, 07:43 PM

At this point I'm operating under the idea the movie is less the finale then the expansion pack DLC extra.

I've not discounted this might be Negima all over again and the movie isn't just purely unimportant.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-10-30, 07:44 PM
...You mean that Shadow Clones, Rasengan, Nature Manipulation, Sage Mode, Tailed beast chakra, and miltiply combinations of the above aren't powers and techniques he's learned along the entire story?

Because I'm reasonably certain that that's his entire repertoire of non-perverted combat powers.

Or in otherwords, you're complaining about nothing right now

He used shadowclones once, and to do nothing, Kurama used Nature Chakra and Sage Mode..and donated it to Naruto, and he used that Sage mode for...A RASENGAN!

So much for that awesome Sage Tai-jutsu! Nine Tails Chakra Cloak letting him grow Extra arms and throw more than one RasenShuriken at a time, and summoning.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-30, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry but are people arguing objecting to stuff not used in this fight?

I say its all good because for once Kishi manages to not undermine a previous fight and add to all the years of padded pointless battles and needless escalation that has defined this war.

It surpassed believablity that Naruto in particular wasn't dead a long time ago. I can't imagine what its going to be like for people in the future that don't read this manga spread out over a long period of time with the chance to wipe away just how long this single battle has been.

ben-zayb
2014-10-30, 07:59 PM
I just hope that Hinata's major presence in the movie is more than just the aforementioned plot, and is actually my anticipated and far more deserving NaruHina ending.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 08:01 PM
He used shadowclones once, and to do nothing, Kurama used Nature Chakra and Sage Mode..and donated it to Naruto, and he used that Sage mode for...A RASENGAN!

So much for that awesome Sage Tai-jutsu! Nine Tails Chakra Cloak letting him grow Extra arms and throw more than one RasenShuriken at a time, and summoning.

He did use his Chakra cloak to gro extra arms and do two Rasenshuriken at once, what else would he use against a chidori but Rasengan, that "Awsome Sage Taijustu' is useless against Susanoo, and both Naruto and Sasuke are far stronger than any toad Naruto could have summoned, so calling them would be setting them up for death(also, we don't know if the Summons are in their own dimension-if the Toads' mountain is in the normal world, they could all be in the tree)

Kurama donating chakra to Naruto is a useless complaint-The Tailed beast is considered to be part of the host, and working with it is part of the hosts Ninja skills, and the point is Naruto did use most of his skills, so again yo're complaining about nothing.

Ramza00
2014-10-30, 08:10 PM

I 100% agree with you, but Sasuke can also do some sick stuff to with the rinnegan if his rinnegan has similar abilities to the other ones. Furthermore sasuke can now do teleport tricks, you think you got me nope I am over here. But then you can counter Naruto now has the Truth Seeing Balls which has all 5 Elemental Chakras and Yin/Yang molded into them making them the ultimate defense since they can nullify all ninjutsu, and they can be shaped via your whims and they also have offensive properties where you can disintegrate people and stop edo tensai. All Naruto has to do is speed blitz Sasuke with a clone with one of those balls.

Eventually if they truly went all out it would be silly and rocket tag. It would lose all emotional connection for we can't relate to what is happening.

And if you want to talk about "plots" that were dropped from nowhere? What happened with all those eyes Obito had from the Uchiha massacre. Why did the sage tools show up again after Madara enters Rikudou Mode. What was Kaguya's big plan that Zetsu was working towards after they resurrected her. We can keep going on and on about things that were abandoned and thus felt like wasted storytelling.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 08:19 PM
Truth Speaking balls use any four Elements, bare minimum.

As for the Sage Tools, well, people sealed in them aren't nessesarily killed, and one of the the guys on B's team mentioned that he's find a way to get his friends out after they were sealed in.

The Sage tools reapearing could just be Kishi making sure he doens't forget about that.

If Madara hadn't ditched them, they'd have been sealed with Kaguya.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry but are people arguing objecting to stuff not used in this fight?

I say its all good because for once Kishi manages to not undermine a previous fight and add to all the years of padded pointless battles and needless escalation that has defined this war.

It surpassed believablity that Naruto in particular wasn't dead a long time ago. I can't imagine what its going to be like for people in the future that don't read this manga spread out over a long period of time with the chance to wipe away just how long this single battle has been.

The Great Shinobi War arc is Naruto's Deicide. ESPECIALLY the parts with Kaguya.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 09:23 PM
The Great Shinobi War arc is Naruto's Deicide. ESPECIALLY the parts with Kaguya.

...The great Shinobi world arc ended a while ago.

That was like, two arcs ago.

Shinobi world War-Ten Tails Revival-Infinite Tsunocantspell.

Infinite Tsuno is the bit with Kaguya, and is still ongoing.

Three distinct arcs that just so happen to take place over the course of a few days.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 09:25 PM

That was like, two arcs ago.

Shinobi world War-Ten Tails Revival-Infinite Tsunocantspell.

Infinite Tsuno is the bit with Kaguya, and is still ongoing.

Three distinct arcs that just so happen to take place over the course of a few days.

Deicide was also a bunch of arcs put together too. Fake Karakura Town arc and so on.

My point stands and is completely accurate.

Razade
2014-10-30, 09:25 PM

Be fair. Deicide was way worse.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 09:26 PM
Be fair. Deicide was way worse.

I'll concede this 100% of the time, though.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 09:27 PM
Deicide was also a bunch of arcs put together too. Fake Karakura Town arc and so on.

My point stands and is completely accurate.

...I'm reasonably certain that Deicide was just one Arc.

(The chapters that had Deicide in the title)

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 09:38 PM
...I'm reasonably certain that Deicide was just one Arc.

(The chapters that had Deicide in the title)

I'm not talking chapter title. For me, the Deicide arc would start from the moment Aizen gains the hongyoku, and end the moment he gets defeated. A LOT of time, and a hand full of "arcs" pass during that time.

In much the same light, the Great Shinobi War arc started the day the war started, and ends the day the war ends and the moon's eye plan is released. I'd probably include this final fight with Sasuke as part of it as well...which basically means that this is the last arc and will end when the manga does.

Aotrs Commander
2014-10-30, 10:12 PM
*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

You know what I said about filler?

Yeah. Might be consuming some corvine entities shortly.

Wow. I think that may have been the most skullpalming bad bit of filler I've seen, partly because of Naruto's characterisation. It was The Kunoichi of Nadeshiko Village, which was both a little bit... Yeah. Felt a bit sexist to be honest (village of all-female ninja had to go out and be beaten in battle by a man and then make that man their husband... especially as this is like the only defining trait we see of their village - a village of females who's only story role revolves around men.) The "villain" of the piece gets KO'd in about four second by Naruto (on the one hand HAH! on the other hand, as he was only in two scenes, it's hard to feel more than a momentary amusement becaue we didm't see enough of him to care.) Though the part that make me fume was Naruto going on about he fact he's in love with Sakura (first time I think he's explicitly said it on-screen, which is why I think it annoyed in particular) and how he's going to keep trying his hardest to win her love, even though he says he knows she's going to keep going after Sasuke, yaddayaddayadda. DUDE. For frack's sake, you could maybe at least ACKNOWEDGE Hinata for crying out loud, you arse! Maybe have some kind of reaction to that confession of hers, I dunno? If you aren't interested (and let's face it, that is pretty much a given, since there is one member of old Team Seven you obsesses over... and Sakura ain't it), then for frag's sake maybe you should TELL her that (because dude, you CANNOT use the excuse you're too dense when she was about as blunt as could be AND you're doing the whole "mature, wise advice dispencer thing now") and let her move on instead of tacitly stringing her along.

Aaaargh. Filler at it's worst. It wasn't even FUNNY.

Oh yeah, and then Naruto's advice to the would-be leader was "get stronger and then make the village change." Naruto, you know you just DID set someone off to lead a coup against their own village, right? No? *sigh* Come back Curry of Life, all is forgiven.

Hope the next episode is better.

Aaand the next episode was a really nice Team Eight flashback episode (Shino-centric, which makes like, what, TWO in 536 episodes) in which we see that while Kiba can be a bit of an arse when letting his mouth run at times, but he really is basically a decent guy and that Team Eight (unlike Some Other Teams) actually understands what "team" actually means. And Hinata is awesome. And Shino is awesome.

Also, ahaha, Naruto can't remember the name of one of his circle of friends. Hysterical, Naruto, hysterical. Especially since it's not even like you're doing it just to wind him up, since he's not even there. Arse.

And then a Tenten-centric episode, I dunno what this show is coming to I rea...hwha...?

...Mwah?

...Hnnfft?

Excuse me, I gotta do this right.

*fetches large glass of water*

*imbibes large glaqss of water*

*EPIC SPITTAKE*

A TENTEN-CENTRIC EPISODE?!?!?

HUZ-FREAKING-ZAH!!!!

A completely totally 100% genuine Tenten episode (again, TWO in 537! It's like the show is apologising for that really bad first one!) That was both stupendously awesome and also a little bit tragic. It's quite clear Guy spent the lion's share of his time on Lee, to the point Tenten was reduced to evesdropping to get her own moments of inspiration. It was almost meta in the way Tenten is always overlooked and in the background even in her own team. Even more slightly concerning is the fact she appears to be basically self-taught. (What the hell would she be like if she'd not been bascially left to her own devices?) Frag damn. And, not for the first time (the first was just after his recovery) I am left with the impression that Tenten is rather closer to Lee than Neji, not that he'd notice. (Seriously, does Team Seven have some sort of magic obession-generating field or something?) At to crown it all, it showed she's even moved on from her initial goal - and people say you don't get character development in filler!

(Actually, I think the total lack of Naruto actually helped this episode.)

So, mixed bag... From the ridiculous to the sublime.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 10:23 PM
Ten-Ten spoilers: They set up a way for her to be of super help during the final battle and nothing ever comes of it.

Lurkmoar
2014-10-30, 10:24 PM
Aotrs Commander, it could always be worse. Some bright spark might combine Endless Eight with Filler minus quality animation. That amount of suck would destroy the Earth, possibly the solar system.

Hyperbole obviously, but it would be enough to generate internet rage. Not that the net needs a reason to rage.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-30, 11:29 PM

The arc begins (after some run up) in chapter 515 with the lay out of forces and Tobi's declaration its on. It has yet to end as we have rolled without meaningful pause from battle to battle, event to event, and so on. Arbitrary distinction within that mean nothing just from being declared, you need actual breaks in events.

Thus it is the entirety of the manga after that point which is going to be I think chapter 700 because next week is a double finale run I recall. Regardless considering breaks this constitutes essentially 4 years of battle battle battle and battle battle battle battle.

Rater202
2014-10-30, 11:34 PM
The arc begins (after some run up) in chapter 515 with the lay out of forces and Tobi's declaration its on. It has yet to end as we have rolled without meaningful pause from battle to battle, event to event, and so on. Arbitrary distinction within that mean nothing just from being declared, you need actual breaks in events.

Thus it is the entirety of the manga after that point which is going to be I think chapter 700 because next week is a double finale run I recall. Regardless considering breaks this constitutes essentially 4 years of battle battle battle and battle battle battle battle.

Okay, say what you want, but the arc that is officially called the Shinobi world War ended a while ago.

Here's the listing of the official arcs, which chapters/volumes they compose in the manga, and which episode of the anime they contain.
Introduction Arc (Volumes 1-2; Chapters 1-8), (Episodes 1-5)
Land of Waves Arc (Volumes 2-4; Chapters 9-33), (Episodes 6-19)
Chunin Exam Arc (Volumes 4-13; Chapters 34-114), (Episodes 20-67)
Invasion of Konoha Arc (Volumes 13-16; Chapters 115-138), (Episodes 68-80)
Search for Tsunade Arc (Volumes 16-19; Chapters 139-171), (Episodes 81-100)
Sasuke Retrieval Arc (Volumes 20-27; Chapters 172-238), (Episodes 107-135)
Kakashi Gaiden (Volume 27; Chapters 239-244), (Shippuden Episodes 119-120)
Kazekage Rescue Arc (Volumes 28-32; Chapters 245-281), (Shippuden Episodes 1-32)
Sasuke and Sai Arc (Volumes 32-35; Chapters 282-310), (Shippuden Episodes 33-53)
Hidan and Kakuzu Arc (Volumes 35-38; Chapters 311-342), (Shippuden Episodes 72-89)
Itachi Pursuit Arc (Volumes 38-43; Chapters 343-402), (Shippuden Episodes 113-118, 121-143)
Invasion of Pain Arc (Volumes 44-48; Chapters 403-449), (Shippuden Episodes 152-175)
Five Kage Summit Arc (Volumes 48-52; Chapters 450-488), (Shippuden Episodes 197-219)
Confining the Jinchuriki Arc (Volumes 52-54; Chapters 489-514), (Shippuden Episodes 220-222, 243-255)
Shinobi World War Arc (Volumes 55-62; Chapters 514-592), (Shippuden Episodes 256-344)
Ten-Tails Revival Arc (Volumes 62-68; Chapters 593-656), (Shippuden Episodes 345-)
The Final Arc (Volumes 69-72; Chapter 657-700)

In bold is where you're saying the World War Arc started, followed by the actual World War Arc as the second bolded line.

ben-zayb
2014-10-30, 11:51 PM
Technically, the jyuubi revival story beginning C592 until the fall of tobi was a separate arc based on the wikia. Then, we had the revival of Madara beginning C663 until the manga's ending as a separate arc too.

IMO the Shinobi War Arc was more similar to theHueco Mundo arc until half of the Fake Karakura Arc, with the remaining half of FKT until the introductory chapters to deicide being the 10 Tails Revival Arc. Deicide would then be akin to the Final arc in Naruto.

Still, it's still the longest freaking day in terms of chapter amount AFAIK.

LaZodiac
2014-10-30, 11:56 PM
Technically, the jyuubi revival story beginning C592 until the fall of tobi was a separate arc based on the wikia. Then, we had the revival of Madara beginning C663 until the manga's ending as a separate arc too.

IMO the Shinobi War Arc was more similar to theHueco Mundo arc until half of the Fake Karakura Arc, with the remaining half of FKT until the introductory chapters to deicide being the 10 Tails Revival Arc. Deicide would then be akin to the Final arc in Naruto.

Still, it's still the longest freaking day in terms of chapter amount AFAIK.

Technically the day ended in the final pages of last chapter since they fell asleep.

Rater202
2014-10-31, 12:01 AM
Technically the day ended in the final pages of last chapter since they fell asleep.

Actually, the sun came up as The Edoh Tensei ended and the Kages returned to the afterlife

So the Naruto Sasuke fight took an ideturninate amount of time the day after the first and only battle of the Shinobi world war and all that other crap, and they passed out after the atack and woke up an indeturminate amount of time latter(I want to say it was Nighttime, if only for Naruto's "heaven" coment when they woke up the second time), talked, fell asleep, woke up, and talekd some more.

So it's the morning or afternoon of the second day after Kaguya's defeat.

Ramza00
2014-10-31, 12:12 AM
Truth Speaking balls use any four Elements, bare minimum.

Black Zetsu when he was with Kaguya says the Truth Speaking Balls use all Five Elemental Chakras as well as Yin and Yang on Chapter 689 (this is right before they seal Kaguya after Kakashi gets Obito's Sharingan again). Now there was a mistake with some versions of the manga saying wood instead of water while Zetsu listed them but the author Kishmoto in subsequent printings has corrected this and pointed it was a mistake in a later version of Shonen Jump

Now the Third Hokage when he first saw Obito with 2 truth seeking balls and Obito was not in control of the ten tails said these balls had at least 4 elements with them and they were superior to a bloodline limit (2 elements) and a bloodline expansion (3 elements).

Rater202
2014-10-31, 07:54 AM
Black Zetsu when he was with Kaguya says the Truth Speaking Balls use all Five Elemental Chakras as well as Yin and Yang on Chapter 689 (this is right before they seal Kaguya after Kakashi gets Obito's Sharingan again). Now there was a mistake with some versions of the manga saying wood instead of water while Zetsu listed them but the author Kishmoto in subsequent printings has corrected this and pointed it was a mistake in a later version of Shonen Jump

Now the Third Hokage when he first saw Obito with 2 truth seeking balls and Obito was not in control of the ten tails said these balls had at least 4 elements with them and they were superior to a bloodline limit (2 elements) and a bloodline expansion (3 elements).

Yes. At least four. Which is what I said.

Also note that Kaguya's giant truth seeking ball was said to have all five elements and all Kekei Genkai, basically meaning hers was just that much more powerful than a normal one.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-31, 12:27 PM
Okay, say what you want, but the arc that is officially called the Shinobi world War ended a while ago.

Officially means exactly ****. Hewing to an official designation that doesn't encompass the entirety of the war including the present chapter is to rob "story arc" of any actual meaning.

They can say "officially" red is purple and green is octarine but that don't make it actually so.

TheEmerged
2014-10-31, 12:27 PM
*snipped comments about the "I'm on a boat!" filler arc

That arc was a mixed bag for me. I hated the "island of summoned beasts" episode almost as bad as the "Who's this Hinata you're talking about \ Ultimate Sexism Jutsu" episode. Yeah, let's go into a mystery situation and directly chide the protangonist for using abilities that would short-circuit the episode's plot.

As for the Ulimate Sexism Jutsu episode? I can honestly say that was one of the worst fillers I've ever seen, but there were a lot of pre-timeskip fillers I missed. Yes, I'm a fairly large NaruHina backer ("Team 8" is my favorite fanfic) so it was very much a slap in the face even without the creepy body-control jutsu and so forth.

On the other hand, I too LOVED that TenTen episode and the Shino-oriented one as well. It was nice to see another acknowledgement that the rest of the Konoha 11 are supposed to be chunin with teams of their own.

Rater202
2014-10-31, 12:52 PM
They can say "officially" red is purple and green is octarine but that don't make it actually so.

That is the definition of official.

Let's go back and adress the comlaint: People are saying that the "Shinobi World War Arc" is dragging on forever.

I point out it ended two arcs ago.

People bitch becuase the War started here and isn't over yet(Incidentally the War was totally over as soon as the infinite moon thingy went off), completly ignoring that the begining of the War was in one arc, with multible arcs taking place during the War, with the War arc being the only arc durin that time that actually focused on the War

When the War began and when the ARC began are two completely different things.

The Shinobi World War arc is the Arc that focuses on the Shinobi world War. It ended when the Ten Tails was summoned

The Shinobi world War began during the Five Kages Summit arc, continued through the Confining the Jinchuriki, Shinobi World War, and Ten Tails Revival arcs, and ended during the Infinite Tsunoyoki/Final Arc

The War is over, and the War Arc ended a while ago.

So, in repeat: Thr complaint is that the ARC, the part of the story that specifically focuses on the War, is taking for ever to finish.

I claim that the arc that focuses on the Shinobi World War ended a while ago.

You coounter that the War is ongoing, thus the Arc is ongoing even though that isn't the Focus of the story anymore, and futher claim that the arc is even longer than it is, becuase War was officially declared 2 arcs before it was the focus of the story.

I point this out, offering proof of when the official arc begins, and you say that official means jack, which is a bulls*** counter argument.

I'm not normally this guy, but when you are arguing that the official listings are wrong, you're the one that is clearly and completely wrong.

Aotrs Commander
2014-10-31, 01:25 PM
That arc was a mixed bag for me. I hated the "island of summoned beasts" episode almost as bad as the "Who's this Hinata you're talking about \ Ultimate Sexism Jutsu" episode. Yeah, let's go into a mystery situation and directly chide the protangonist for using abilities that would short-circuit the episode's plot.

As for the Ulimate Sexism Jutsu episode? I can honestly say that was one of the worst fillers I've ever seen, but there were a lot of pre-timeskip fillers I missed. Yes, I'm a fairly large NaruHina backer ("Team 8" is my favorite fanfic) so it was very much a slap in the face even without the creepy body-control jutsu and so forth.

On the other hand, I too LOVED that TenTen episode and the Shino-oriented one as well. It was nice to see another acknowledgement that the rest of the Konoha 11 are supposed to be chunin with teams of their own.

Yes. Those are the sort of things that make the filler SHINE: the diverse characters and their interactions. Main plot is way too focussed on Naruto/Sakura and sometimes Sasuke, to its deteriment. Naruto is, I feel at its level-best when utlising its large ensemble cast to best effect. I think that was why the chuunin exam arc was so good; it gave everyone a chance to develop (even if it did set the scene for "one-on-one instead of team battles" for a little too much of the time).

Soras Teva Gee
2014-10-31, 03:19 PM
That is the definition of official.

Let's go back and adress the comlaint: People are saying that the "Shinobi World War Arc" is dragging on forever.

I point out it ended two arcs ago.

There is no authority on Earth that can just change what colors refer to much less actually reorder the visible spectrum to make that not purely superficial.

Likewise Kishi/Jump can slap whatever labels they want on arcs but unless they obey more generalized conventions of storytelling then those labels are likewise superficial fictions.

An argument that the arc was over ignores primary evidence of the story for a techincal fiction... therefore in no way undermines or counters the objections to it taking too long, being ridiculously padded or any such criticisms relating to the arc as the singular entity it actually is. If a paper shield is the only defense you have... if anything you have conceded the objection is indeed accurate because you have no other defenses but meaningless loophole abuse that does not address the substance of the criticism.

You are avoiding the problem rather then facing it. Misdirection and obfuscation are not counter-arguments.

Rater202
2014-10-31, 03:36 PM
If the official definition of "red" were changed to the curent definition of "purple" than the color "purple" would now be the color "red". That is quite literally what the word official means.

Now, Story arc refers to a specific part of a story that focuses on a specific theme.

while the War may have started in the Kage Summit Arc, only the Shinobi World War Arc, which started when Naruto and Bee entered the battle field and ended when the Ten Tails was resurrected, and thus takes place between the "Confining the Jinchuriki" and the "Ten Tails Revival" arcs ,actually focused on the War

Before and after that, while the war was ongoing, it was not the focus of the story, and thus not the focus of the Arcs.

The point remains that you are wrong, because you are complaining that the Arc is taking to long to resolve, when the Arc has concluded, and the War that the arc was focusing on Ended with the end of the following arc.

And again, the war ended when Madara cast the Infinite Tsunoyoki or whatever it's called. So both the war and arc have concluded.

And again, the official source is the ultimate authority, so again, you're wrong. accept it.

Traab
2014-10-31, 04:22 PM
Yes. Those are the sort of things that make the filler SHINE: the diverse characters and their interactions. Main plot is way too focussed on Naruto/Sakura and sometimes Sasuke, to its deteriment. Naruto is, I feel at its level-best when utlising its large ensemble cast to best effect. I think that was why the chuunin exam arc was so good; it gave everyone a chance to develop (even if it did set the scene for "one-on-one instead of team battles" for a little too much of the time).

The one thing I sorta dislike about the fillers is they seem to make naruto more kickass, and while thats nice, its a bit annoying to have him go from say, the fuuma clan arc pre time skip, where he basically wtfpwns his way through the jounin level ninja, up to and including overpowering that strange triangle barrier super move, back to being a bit of an idiot who clone spams his way to victory. Oh wait, this is post tsunade retrival, he spams clones till he can finally land a rasengan on his target for the win.

I really hated it because it was also an arc where sakura gets to see how kickass naruto really is. Up till then she has generally (chunin exam finals aside) been not awake or able to see him fight tough battles and win. She never saw what happened with haku, she was knocked out for garra, and aside from the neji fight, she never got to see him do something awesome. So her opinion of him being this stubborn loudmouth who could never compare to her precious sasuke-kun is easily maintained. But this time she did. It was actually a decent opening to create a potential naru/saku pairing. Sasuke is gone and evil, naruto is actually kind of badass and sakura not only sees it but admits it, it could have been a real thaw in her feelings for him. But nope, filler, it didnt happen.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-31, 08:16 PM
Speaking of filler, if the anime doesn't expand this last fight significantly I will be sorely disappointed.

Rater202
2014-11-01, 09:39 AM
...The fight will probably look more awesome in animation.

Though maybe changeing a few things so we see sasukes "Yes, he's my best friends but that connections a weakness so kill him" internal monologue earlier in the fight.

Sliver
2014-11-01, 12:09 PM
In bold is where you're saying the World War Arc started, followed by the actual World War Arc as the second bolded line.

I'm kinda sad that it's not called The Final Arc Arc... The name "The Final" for an arc is just...

Morph Bark
2014-11-01, 03:48 PM
Just read the chapter. Man, that was GOOD! The only bad thing was that it took us so long to get here! If that hella long day had taken half the time it did instead and/or had been spread out across a longer time, it would've been great.

I also thought the art was really good in this one. Does anyone think that Kishimoto may secretly have made this chapter ages ago and iterated it over time, devoting time to it while working on the other chapters of the time and therefore the others are a little less good and this one that much better?

Lurkmoar
2014-11-01, 04:32 PM
Just read the chapter. Man, that was GOOD! The only bad thing was that it took us so long to get here! If that hella long day had taken half the time it did instead and/or had been spread out across a longer time, it would've been great.

I also thought the art was really good in this one. Does anyone think that Kishimoto may secretly have made this chapter ages ago and iterated it over time, devoting time to it while working on the other chapters of the time and therefore the others are a little less good and this one that much better?

He might have had a rough, rough sketch of it, but other than that I doubt it. The hours a mangaka work are friggin' brutal.

Starwulf
2014-11-01, 10:08 PM
TRAAB!!! THIRD FANG UPDATED!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wooo..I Just freaked my wife out cuz I started hyperventilating going "He Updated, He Updated, He Updated" over in over in a very manic tone of voice :)

Off to read!

Traab
2014-11-02, 07:45 AM
TRAAB!!! THIRD FANG UPDATED!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wooo..I Just freaked my wife out cuz I started hyperventilating going "He Updated, He Updated, He Updated" over in over in a very manic tone of voice :)

Off to read!

lol Yeah, i got the update and read it last night, we finally get to see SHINO FIGHT! That poor bastard has gone the entire first book and up till now with no badassery to his name, and its finally happening. Too bad about the cliff hangar, but it was enough to make me very eager for the next chapter.

Aotrs Commander
2014-11-02, 10:10 PM
Next three episodes... A mixed bag.

A Sai episode that was a bit bland and flash-backy, culminating in a frankly creepy painting of Sai, Naruto, Saskue and Sakura holding hands. Also a bit sad, since it's quite clear by this stage that Sai never will be a proper part of Team Seven in the minds of Naruto and Sakura.

Followed by a cool Ino-Shike-Cho episode, guest starring That Really Cool Old Genin Dude! Recurring filler character! Has, like, ever happened before? Because Kosuke certainly deserves it!

And then an amusing-but-a-bit-uncomfortable Kiba arc... Uncomfortable because it's obvious Kiba will simply never catch up to Naruto, ever, a Naruto is accelerating away from him. (That said, there was a bit of that in the last episode as well, since in the end, everyone apart from team seven is basically irrelevant aren't they?)

It suddenly struck me why all these episodes are flashbacks. With the shinobi nations basically all allied and no non-war missions going on, there's no narrative room for current stories (and you can't even do preliminary stuff, because otherwise the reveal (presumably) of the Zetsu army would be undermined). Hense, in order to tell a decent story, you either have to follow Naruto On A Boat misadventures or flashback.

LaZodiac
2014-11-02, 10:13 PM
Next three episodes... A mixed bag.

A Sai episode that was a bit bland and flash-backy, culminating in a frankly creepy painting of Sai, Naruto, Saskue and Sakura holding hands. Also a bit sad, since it's quite clear by this stage that Sai never will be a proper part of Team Seven in the minds of Naruto and Sakura.

Followed by a cool Ino-Shike-Cho episode, guest starring That Really Cool Old Genin Dude! Recurring filler character! Has, like, ever happened before? Because Kosuke certainly deserves it!

And then an amusing-but-a-bit-uncomfortable Kiba arc... Uncomfortable because it's obvious Kiba will simply never catch up to Naruto, ever, a Naruto is accelerating away from him. (That said, there was a bit of that in the last episode as well, since in the end, everyone apart from team seven is basically irrelevant aren't they?)

It suddenly struck me why all these episodes are flashbacks. With the shinobi nations basically all allied and no non-war missions going on, there's no narrative room for current stories (and you can't even do preliminary stuff, because otherwise the reveal (presumably) of the Zetsu army would be undermined). Hense, in order to tell a decent story, you either have to follow Naruto On A Boat misadventures or flashback.

To be fair it's also, as far as I can tell, done really well! It's also all to be wasted because none of these side characters have gotten nearly as much attention as they deserved in this series.

Rater202
2014-11-02, 10:13 PM
We first see the Zetsu army before the battle even begins, around the time Tobi replaces Sasuke's eyes.

Rater202
2014-11-03, 10:13 AM
So, Both Madara and Sasuke have demonstrated that it's possible to use Susanoo to provide armor and a power Boost to a Tailed-Beast-Madara when using Kurama against Hashirama and Sasuke with Naruto in Taild Best Mode against Madara, Tobi, and the Ten-Tails.

Would Anybody else like to see that combination with Naruto's Ashura-Kurama mode, like, in the Movie or as a combination move in a video game?

Lurkmoar
2014-11-03, 05:07 PM
So, Both Madara and Sasuke have demonstrated that it's possible to use Susanoo to provide armor and a power Boost to a Tailed-Beast-Madara when using Kurama against Hashirama and Sasuke with Naruto in Taild Best Mode against Madara, Tobi, and the Ten-Tails.

Would Anybody else like to see that combination with Naruto's Ashura-Kurama mode, like, in the Movie or as a combination move in a video game?

If that was combined with a Prototype(videogame) style where I could rampage across the world, that would rule. I don't want to fight Kaiju, I want to be them to smash the puny humans! Mwhahahaha!

Starwulf
2014-11-04, 11:44 PM
Is the Time Braid fic related to the other Groundhog day fic with Naruto in it? I can't remember the name, I Just remember it became very, VERY involved, eventually Naruto pulls in Temari and Tsunade and Kurenai and Anko and Yugao and several other girls into it, eventually fusing them with the Kyuubis essence and gives them various foxlike attributes. I Just got to the point in Time Braid where Naruto confesses he's been living the same loop time and time again as well, and some of that particular scene resonate quite strongly with the other fic I'm thinking of.

Douglas
2014-11-05, 01:01 AM
Chuunin Exam Day (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3929411/1/Chunin-Exam-Day), maybe? I only know of it because Time Braid mentions it as inspiration in an author's note on the first chapter, and then states that the two stories have very little in common beyond the time loop concept and being Naruto fanfics.

Starwulf
2014-11-05, 05:00 AM
Chuunin Exam Day (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3929411/1/Chunin-Exam-Day), maybe? I only know of it because Time Braid mentions it as inspiration in an author's note on the first chapter, and then states that the two stories have very little in common beyond the time loop concept and being Naruto fanfics.

Yep, that's the one. I've realized as I've read further that Time Braid isn't some odd Crossover fic with Chunin Exam day, it just seems that way early on. Interesting fic thus far.

Traab
2014-11-05, 11:13 AM
Yep, that's the one. I've realized as I've read further that Time Braid isn't some odd Crossover fic with Chunin Exam day, it just seems that way early on. Interesting fic thus far.

Yeah, at first i thought they were linked, but its a different time looping naruto, (and a badass one too)

Douglas
2014-11-05, 05:10 PM
Ok, I've read the first 20 chapters or so of Chuunin Exam Day, and I'm giving up on it. The concept has potential, but the quality of writing is poor and most of the characters are caricatures. Time Braid is a much higher quality story in my opinion.

Traab
2014-11-05, 06:09 PM
Ok, I've read the first 20 chapters or so of Chuunin Exam Day, and I'm giving up on it. The concept has potential, but the quality of writing is poor and most of the characters are caricatures. Time Braid is a much higher quality story in my opinion.

Lionheart has issues, his biggest one being his obsession with making a story so overcomplicated that he loses track of it and abandons it. See Partially Kissed Hero as a prime example. Last time I checked, it had ultra competent and evil dumbledoore versus harry hermione and luna. At one point they become fairy creatures, turn the female staff of hogwarts into dryads, and send trawleny back in time to become the empress of cuba, ultra rich and creating a massive space program designed to magically terraform the moon and other planets. Oh, and dumbledoore is using the whole achilles treatment thing to make an army of unstoppable warriors. And there are three of him currently in existence.

Chunin exam day annoys me because he abandoned it right at the moment of resolution. It also has a lot of overcomplicated stuff, but what I DID like about it is the funny stuff like him deciding to master say, tailoring, and he becomes so skilled at it the daimyo finds out and commandeers him to make clothes for his family and friends, thus restarting the loop.

Merellis
2014-11-05, 06:43 PM
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

MY PAIRING IS CANON, MY PAIRING IS CANON.

Plus... Kakashi, you troll, it's episode 101 all over again!

Can you imagine the unveiling with Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto just staring daggers at him?

Rater202
2014-11-05, 07:14 PM
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

MY PAIRING IS CANON, MY PAIRING IS CANON.

Plus... Kakashi, you troll, it's episode 101 all over again!

Can you imagine the unveiling with Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto just staring daggers at him?

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the leeked pictures, becuase those might not be real.

AnywayKishi was the writer and character designer, so if Anime filler is canon because he wrote it, so is the movie.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-05, 07:31 PM
Yeah for those that haven't seen it yet and might be confused.... MAJOR FREAKING SPOILER (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/05-1/maybe-fake-but-still-awesome-the-last-naruto-the-movie-designs-spoiler-warning) (like an actual one, not your normal weaksauce ones)

There's circumstantial evidence for leak vs. fake too if you know the other major item (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/05-1/naruto-manga-follow-up-planned) of the day.

If you look at this picture (http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/4819259dfb073d552007e247028c172b1415208601_full.jp g) then you can see at the top a silhouette of a child at the top of the announcement.

Compare to Naruto's son in the leak photos. Allow for vagaries of posing they are match.

Rater202
2014-11-05, 07:38 PM
My problem is, these pictures of the kids look to be 5 or 6-ish, and the movie is supposed to take place 2 years after the War.

Merellis
2014-11-05, 07:52 PM
My problem is, these pictures of the kids look to be 5 or 6-ish, and the movie is supposed to take place 2 years after the War.

Kishimoto could be doing the end in the manga and using the movie to dive into the time before it.

Besides, here's the movie trailer. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-31/the-last-naruto-the-movie-full-trailer-debuts/.80539)

ben-zayb
2014-11-05, 07:57 PM
Oh wow I just died right there. This shall be my reward for sticking out.:smallredface:

We were told the movie will take place 2 years after, but not exactly how long the timespan featured throughout it will be.

Traab
2014-11-05, 08:18 PM
Oh wow I just died right there. This shall be my reward for sticking out.:smallredface:

We were told the movie will take place 2 years after, but not exactly how long the timespan featured throughout it will be.

Also, there may be a timeskip epilogue for Naruto like they did for harry potter. Just because this will be the last fight of the manga doesnt mean this will be the last day in it.

Rater202
2014-11-05, 08:23 PM
Also, there may be a timeskip epilogue for Naruto like they did for harry potter. Just because this will be the last fight of the manga doesnt mean this will be the last day in it.

Thye Trailer quite literall said that the movie takes place 2 years after Naruto and Sasuke fought for the last time.

With Sasuke's epiphany in the last chapter, even though he claims he might, it's unlikely that he's going to Fight Naruto again after this.

Lurkmoar
2014-11-05, 08:41 PM
Seeing Gai-sensei in a wheel chair made me sad.

edit:

If those pictures are Kishi cannon, particularly the first ones, that pairing actually makes me happy.

ben-zayb
2014-11-05, 08:44 PM
LOL, Kishi is really going to milk this franchise. (http://forums.hummingbird.me/t/naruto-part-3-confirmed-for-spring-2015/17423) (potential spoilers for ch700)

Next generation, here we go!

Ramza00
2014-11-05, 08:45 PM
But naruto kinda looks attracted and doable after the time skip with the spoilered pict with different hair.

:(

So does this make me as perverted as Kakashi or Jiraiya?

ben-zayb
2014-11-05, 08:50 PM
But naruto kinda looks attracted and doable after the time skip with the spoilered pict with different hair.

:(

So does this make me as perverted as Kakashi or Jiraiya?He kinda looks like Omoi, TBH.

Ramza00
2014-11-05, 09:15 PM
He kinda looks like Omoi, TBH.

A white skin blonde hair blue eye omoi. If I recall omoi was supposed to have the same personality as naruto except he was more extreme with the thoughts everything will go wrong correct? The other members of his team were like sakura and the aloof I am better than everyone sasuke right?

ben-zayb
2014-11-05, 09:38 PM
A white skin blonde hair blue eye omoi. If I recall omoi was supposed to have the same personality as naruto except he was more extreme with the thoughts everything will go wrong correct? The other members of his team were like sakura and the aloof I am better than everyone sasuke right?Yep, pretty much a gender/palette-swapped version of team 7. Then again, I guess every team template is essentially composed of Red Oni + Blue Oni + Kunoichi.

Rater202
2014-11-05, 09:48 PM
Yep, pretty much a gender/palette-swapped version of team 7. Then again, I guess every team template is essentially composed of Red Oni + Blue Oni + Kunoichi.

Like the "The Chick" trope, the kunoichi isn't nessesarily a literal kunoiich

Ramza00
2014-11-05, 10:43 PM
So since the series is almost over, looking back why did Tobi get involved with Sasuke again? How did this further Tobi's plan? Was it for the lol hoping Sasuke will fight Naruto someday and Tobi wanted to help?

I ask for almost or so Sasuke and Tobi were hanging around for pretty much no reason besides Tobi promised Sasuke power. I ask for chapters 395 was the end of the Itachi vs Sasuke fight, 553 was when Sasuke killed white Zetsu, 575 is when Sasuke sees Itachi.

Why is Tobi giving Sasuke so much power without keeping him on some form of leash? Unless he has some form of goal for Sasuke why is he doing this?

Is there any "in story reason" Tobi is doing this and not the author doing this just so Sasuke will get stronger and have something to do until the final boss battle scene? How is Sasuke furthering the story again?

Rater202
2014-11-05, 10:53 PM
He said as a potential potential replacement for Nagato-someone to synchronize with the Gedo Maze and, if inevitable, sacrifice to rez Madara(Implied)

He also served as a bargaining chip later on-Tobi essentially sold him to Kabuto in exchange for the Edo Tensei army and making the Zetsu stronger.

And there's the simple solution-"This is a kid with the exact same potent and malevolent chakra as my "Boss" and reincarnation is a thing in this universe.

Maybe I should keep an eye on him in case he turns out to be Madara reincarnated or something"

It's not said outright, but Tobi wasn't an idiot and has been known to lie through his teeth so what he said may not be the real reason.

Ramza00
2014-11-05, 11:14 PM
But he did not put an eye on him, in him if you want to do the pun but not on him.

Why didn't he not do some fancy cursed seal or something when he had Sasuke unconscious for days to implant his eyes. Literally he had no way to control Sasuke what so ever, he knew Sasuke would kill him at a moment's notice based off Sasuke trying to do so in the forest after Killer B. Sasuke also betrayed Orochimaru.

Tobi also was not trying to revive Madara, he would revive Madara if he had to, if he was unable to remove his curse seal that allowed him to become the ten tails jinchuuriki but Tobi rather be the ten tails jinchuuriki so he could make sure Rin was in the dream world.

If his goal was to sync Sasuke to Gedo Mazo (he told this to Zetsu in the forest where Sasuke tried to kill him) then EMS was not enough. You need an actual rinnegan to summon the Demonic Statue. Thus Tobi need to reacquire Nagato/Madara rinnegan but if he reacquired it he would want it himself. Or he would need to evolve Sasuke's EMS to a rinnegan like Madara did. The problem with that is if Sasuke was such a key player, why the hell was Sasuke allowed to just walk free?

My point is either Tobi did not need Sasuke so why is he bothering, or he needed Sasuke so why is he allow Sasuke so much freedom. If you are unable to square this circle then Tobi seems to be just bothering with Sasuke so Sasuke seems relevant to the story. Or Tobi is just bad at master plans which kind of makes sense for he could kidnap Naruto anytime as a baby.

Rater202
2014-11-05, 11:20 PM
Tobi said lots of things.

Tobi is also a dirty liar.

As for Gedo Maze: Did Tobi know that you need Senju traits to evovle Eternal Mangekyo into Rinnegan? He certainly didn't know about the need for indra and Ashura's chakra.

He almost imediatly offered to transplant Itachi's eyes into Sasuke's head-which is how you get eternal mangekyo sharingan.

Personally, I was figuring he wanted him as a back up for something, but it didn't work out.

Aotrs Commander
2014-11-06, 04:53 AM
If that is indeed true, it microscopically restores some of my faith in the series.

Be nicer if we get to see something in-between that shows us it happening, though, at some point.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-06, 05:16 AM
So since the series is almost over, looking back why did Tobi get involved with Sasuke again? How did this further Tobi's plan? Was it for the lol hoping Sasuke will fight Naruto someday and Tobi wanted to help?

To Keep Sauske Relevant to the plot despite being a pathetic Loser who deserved to be cleaning toilets in the bathrooms of the world?

Swaoeaeieu
2014-11-06, 06:55 AM
I don't know if this is still news, but a certain manga spreading panda has the last chapters online...

Link (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/699)

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 07:21 AM
699: Ehh nothing important. And its Hashirama prosthetics.

700: SHIP ALL THE SHIPS!

Best Girl Wins! Everybody Wins!

thethird
2014-11-06, 07:26 AM
699: Ehh nothing important. And its Hashirama prosthetics.

700: SHIP ALL THE SHIPS!

Best Girl Wins! Everybody Wins!

This so much this. I think I'll need to read it a few times to get who everyone is, because I got lost.

Merellis
2014-11-06, 07:48 AM
HINATAAAAAA~

That finale was so adorable! All the kids are so damn precious, and for the love of all Sasuke's daughter has his damn smirk!

Is it just me or does Tsunade look even younger?

AND HE PUT THE MASK ON THE MOUNTAIN, WTF KAKASHI

Lord Vukodlak
2014-11-06, 08:17 AM
Today the guns are silent and a shipping war draws to a close, a great victor has been won and the winning shippers march off like smug little bastards while the losers bemoan what could have been, claim to have been cheated, that it makes no since or imagine some impossible future where it gets reversed.

Merellis
2014-11-06, 08:34 AM
Today the guns are silent and a shipping war draws to a close, a great victor has been won and the winning shippers march off like smug little bastards while the losers bemoan what could have been, claim to have been cheated, that it makes no since or imagine some impossible future where it gets reversed.

Less smug and more "PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!" :smallbiggrin:

ben-zayb
2014-11-06, 08:51 AM
LOL Tenten you are eternally useless.
Shino looks like some futuristic dude. New skillset: Computer bug jutsu!

Nice of NaruHina to name their eldest as a tribute to the fallen friend/cousin (Neji means "screw").

I just remembered my previous post on how Byakugan + Naruto's skillset = Awesome.

Random Chouji-Karui ship is random.

Oh Anko! I'm sure certain demographics will dig that new look!

Gaara. The looks. I can't:smalltongue:

Agree that Tsunade looks younger than ever...GGILF alert! Why does Terumi look young too, though?

Poor Gai. As his days of youth fade away, a new azure beast blooms.

Why does Salada look like Karin with a thick forehead? Dang!

Sasuke looks like Fugaku + Madara. Naruto still looks like in his :-20s. Sasuke "inherited" Tsunade bewbs.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 08:56 AM
I just had a thought.

Naruto stopped Gai from dieing from the 8th gate making his heart expload or whatever was about to happen.

But he was still covered in burns and had a disinterested leg-that's not life saved, that's "give some last words to my beloved student"

Coming out of the Tree, he looks less badly burned, and the Sage did say that it kept you alive even as it drained you of your chakra.

Is it possible that being in the tree saved his life?

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 08:59 AM
Less smug and more "PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!" :smallbiggrin:

I know that's me.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 09:01 AM
So wait, Naruto kept Sasuke's headband with him the entire time?

Somensjev
2014-11-06, 09:20 AM

did you expect anything less from him?

and i can't stop laughing at bolt's graffiti, did anyone else notice the one piece symbol, or was it just me?

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 09:27 AM

and i can't stop laughing at bolt's graffiti, did anyone else notice the one piece symbol, or was it just me?

I caught it only on the second read despite it staring you in the face and... yeah that's freaking hilarious.

Not sure of the message there but I love it.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 09:27 AM

I saw it. Pondering what it means to have it there.

I'm satisfied with this ending

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-06, 09:50 AM
2 things.

YES! NARUTO WENT WITH THE RIGHT GIRL, HINATA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

The Strawhat Symbol is awesome, if Bolt ends up with an X tatooed on his arm in the movie I will forever consider him the second best Character in the series, and really I like Bolt, I sorta dug the whole Opposite situation ended up with the same pranks due to sort of the same reason.

..wait

ONE MORE THING!

Presumably Salad and Bolt will end up married..that mixes like all the proper Bloodline traits for Some Overpowered Kids. Part of me Hopes the Movie is like..80 year old Ten Ten having invented a Time machine..showing up and saying "Naruto...Sauske you have to come with me...ITS YOUR Grandkids!"

Rater202
2014-11-06, 09:55 AM
2 things.

YES! NARUTO WENT WITH THE RIGHT GIRL, HINATA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

The Strawhat Symbol is awesome, if Bolt ends up with an X tatooed on his arm in the movie I will forever consider him the second best Character in the series, and really I like Bolt, I sorta dug the whole Opposite situation ended up with the same pranks due to sort of the same reason.

..wait

ONE MORE THING!

Presumably Salad and Bolt will end up married..that mixes like all the proper Bloodline traits for Some Overpowered Kids. Part of me Hopes the Movie is like..80 year old Ten Ten having invented a Time machine..showing up and saying "Naruto...Sauske you have to come with me...ITS YOUR Grandkids!"

Holy s*** Naruto provides "Senju" traits and possibly the chakra of the Tailed Beasts-Hinata provides the Byakugan. Sasuke the Sharingan...

All that's missing is the Dead BOne Pulse and that's all of Kaguya's powers.

And Salada is crushing on bolt:smalleek:

Kato
2014-11-06, 10:02 AM
Gosh, for some reason all manga pages today seem to work in ultra slow motion. I wonder why :smalltongue:

So, the effing statues held hands to symbolize the friendship? Really Kishi, could you be more subtle? Well, I guess they could to the reconcillation sign thing... (That's not what it is, is it?)

Anyway... I guess it's decent... people even talk about how Sasuke should be dead but got... lucky. Which really is damn stupid but I guess he also saved the world. Meh, whatever, it's not my business, though I would have definitely put him in jail a few years. Or punished him somehow.

The future looks... nice. Just from this, I'd actually like a new story about these guys. maybe Bolt and.. Salada(?) can pick up where their dads couldn't, because there's no homosexuality in Narutoverse. Well, getting ahead of myself. Also: Naruhina!!!! Awesome. And Sakura is fine with the guy who tried to kill her. Btw, what happened with half the others? Like, the rest of Team Hebi/Hawk/Hebi again? Tenten? Is she the mother of Lee's kid? No, that would mean she did something relevant... It's a bit weird though how simple genetics are in this word.. kid of A and B looks like a cross between A and B (and other kid looks the other way round). Oh, well :smalltongue:

btw, why did they make such a deal out of naruto being the Seventh? It seems like it was meant to be some kind of surprise because... yeah, I totally didn't see that coming. And what was that page with Sasuke about? Just him still being paranoid?

Anyway, it's over and done and I never need to think of Naruto again. Well, it wasn't that bad. Just sometimes.

Finally... I'd be surprised if that skull wasn't added by the translators... that would be like REALLY weird otherwise..

LaZodiac
2014-11-06, 10:03 AM
I'm going to be perfectly honest. As much as I like that Naruto finally noticed that Hinata likes him, I wish it was presented better in series. Naruto basically never shows any feelings for Hinata the entire series, to the degree of making it a joke. I can't see Naruto actually noticing her unless she straight up beat him half to death in his one arm weakened state.

Chouji and...dog guy who's name I'm forgetting suddenly have weird end pairings too. Random cloud ninja and...some cat lady we've never seen before.

Naruto's son looks silly with his hair, but he's alright. Same with his daughter.

Sasuke and Sakura's kid does look a **** ton like Karin...which goes to show you how generic Karin's design is more then anything.

There is no closure for Orochimaru and honestly at this point that's the only character I really, truly, had any enjoyment for. So I feel a little jipped in that regard. Hell, no one of Karin, Suigetsu, Jugo, and Orochimaru got any closure.

That all aside, I think this was an alright conclusion. I'm never going to watch the movie and the miniseries staring Bolt is something I'm probably gonna read...but that's it. Naruto's done, and I'm okay with that.

Although what the **** is with that last page? Giant city behind/above the mountains? Giant modern city out of nowhere! And where was Karama sleeping?

The skull is in the original raw, but One Piece's title page this week was Naruto themed so I think it's just them trading for fun, you know?

Rater202
2014-11-06, 10:13 AM
I'm going to be perfectly honest. As much as I like that Naruto finally noticed that Hinata likes him, I wish it was presented better in series. Naruto basically never shows any feelings for Hinata the entire series, to the degree of making it a joke. I can't see Naruto actually noticing her unless she straight up beat him half to death in his one arm weakened state.

Chouji and...dog guy who's name I'm forgetting suddenly have weird end pairings too. Random cloud ninja and...some cat lady we've never seen before.

Naruto's son looks silly with his hair, but he's alright. Same with his daughter.

Sasuke and Sakura's kid does look a **** ton like Karin...which goes to show you how generic Karin's design is more then anything.

There is no closure for Orochimaru and honestly at this point that's the only character I really, truly, had any enjoyment for. So I feel a little jipped in that regard. Hell, no one of Karin, Suigetsu, Jugo, and Orochimaru got any closure.

That all aside, I think this was an alright conclusion. I'm never going to watch the movie and the miniseries staring Bolt is something I'm probably gonna read...but that's it. Naruto's done, and I'm okay with that.

Although what the **** is with that last page? Giant city behind/above the mountains? Giant modern city out of nowhere! And where was Karama sleeping?

The skull is in the original raw, but One Piece's title page this week was Naruto themed so I think it's just them trading for fun, you know?

Building a City out of Nowhere after several years isn't too big of a stretch-There tend to be big population booms after Wars, as people go home and "celebrate" and with times being more peaceful in general after the 4th World War, fewer shinobi would die in the field.

Now considering that most of the leaf had to be rebuilt anyway because Pain, and them building a big city thingy behind the mountains after several years makes sense.

As for Kurama, well, since Yin Kurama was sewaled in Naruto, and we were told that Yang Kurama was going back into the seal to help maintain the "meeting place" inside Naruto's spirit world, so presumably whichever Kurama that was was sleeping inside the seal.

Kato
2014-11-06, 10:16 AM

Kiba? Gosh, now I also forgot his name for a moment... he's just so memorable and important lately. But of course he had to hook up with a cat lady, because of obvious reasons.

I guess the idea is "when we stop trying to kill each other we can spend more time on technological advancement!" Which... I guess we shouldn't discuss. Neither the logic nor the question of how far the ninjas had to advance to do so.

Okay... then Oda spent a whole lot more effort on it. But I guess Kishi had to get a bit more done since last week.

Merellis
2014-11-06, 10:21 AM
I think Kiba got with those cat ninja's that showed up when Sasuke was making Team Hebi.

Yeah, that would be the girl who was with the granny.

Ton of fanart going up over the new kids and such, as well as people diving back into the things that could have happened.

Also... WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT SEE LEE/GAI/TENTEN AT NEJI'S FUNERAL!?

LaZodiac
2014-11-06, 10:22 AM
Buuilding a City out of Nowhere after several years isn't too big of a stretch-There tend to be big population booms after Wars, as people go home and "celibate" and with times being more peaceful in general after the 4th World War, fewer shinobi would die in the field.

Now considering that most of the leaf had to be rebuilt anyway because Pain, and them building a big city thingy behind the mountains after several years makes sense.

As for Kurama, well, since Yin Kurama was sewaled in Naruto, and we were told that Yang Kurama was going back into the seal to help maintain the "meeting place" inside Naruto's spirit world, so presumably whichever Kurama that was was sleeping inside the seal.

I wasn't questioning why it was built I was questioning why it looked like a modern city.

Also your typo of celebrate into celibate in this situation is glorious.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 10:28 AM
I wasn't questioning why it was built I was questioning why it looked like a modern city.

Also your typo of celebrate into celibate in this situation is glorious.

Yeah, that is literally the opposite of what I meant to imply:smallredface:

anyway, If Naruto can have a laptop computer on his Desk, why can't the rebuilt leaf look more modern?.

LaZodiac
2014-11-06, 10:41 AM

anyway, If Naruto can have a laptop computer on his Desk, why can't the rebuilt leaf look more modern?.

Because half way through Naruto they seemed to get rid of all the weird schizo tech like VCRs and stuff. I'm just saying....it's weird that the city looks like a MODERN day city, and not a modern equivilent of the Naruto style city would be.

ben-zayb
2014-11-06, 10:44 AM

Because they don't need to, would be my guess. They don't even need to expand their residency vertically due to having a small population. Leaf is just a village, remember?

What lies outside seems to be the rest of the fire country

AtlanteanTroll
2014-11-06, 01:35 PM
Heh, and Naruto ends with an homage to One Piece.

I liked this chapter, cause it was cute, but 1: Choji literally never met Samui in the story before and 2: What are with these terrible names for the kids. The city westernized in it's modernization and the kids all have English(y) names now? WTF?

I also wonder if Bolt would actually be able to use Byakugan. It's like Naruto and Hinata's kids didn't even get the same genes. I'm also disappointed the Byakugan's relationship to the Rinnengan and the Sharingan wasn't ever extrapolated upon in depth.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 01:46 PM
Heh, and Naruto ends with an homage to One Piece.

I liked this chapter, cause it was cute, but 1: Choji literally never met Samui in the story before and 2: What are with these terrible names for the kids. The city westernized in it's modernization and the kids all have English(y) names now? WTF?

I also wonder if Bolt would actually be able to use Byakugan. It's like Naruto and Hinata's kids didn't even get the same genes. I'm also disappointed the Byakugan's relationship to the Rinnengan and the Sharingan wasn't ever extrapolated upon in depth.

The only kid with a westernish name is Bolt, which is a referance to Neji, whose name means "Screw" as in a metal screw used in construction.

Bolt as in "nuts and bolts" and is also a bit of a pun becuase Blt, used as a name, when pronounced with a Japanese accent would be "Baruto"

As for weather or not he can use Byakuga, well, he has the grey eyes.

Now, Bolt and the girl whose name I forgot both have the Hyuga clan symbol on their backs, so are they Uzumaki or Hyuga?

I mean, Naruto does set a precedent for Children taking their mothers last name-He's Uzumaki, not Namikaze.

Lurkmoar
2014-11-06, 01:47 PM
Ouch, looks like time (and overeating) beat up Anko.

Edit: The real power of the Sharingan is that the author will always side with you. That isn't always a good thing(I'm looking at you Madara).

2nd edit:

I think Kiba got with those cat ninja's that showed up when Sasuke was making Team Hebi.

Yeah, that would be the girl who was with the granny.

Ton of fanart going up over the new kids and such, as well as people diving back into the things that could have happened.

Also... WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT SEE LEE/GAI/TENTEN AT NEJI'S FUNERAL!?

That was more of a memorial then a funeral, couple of years have passed.

Gray Mage
2014-11-06, 01:49 PM
The only kid with a westernish name is Bolt, which is a referance to Neji, whose name means "Screw" as in a metal screw used in construction.

Bolt as in "nuts and bolts" and is also a bit of a pun becuase Blt, used as a name, when pronounced with a Japanese accent would be "Baruto"

As for weather or not he can use Byakuga, well, he has the grey eyes.

Now, Bolt and the girl whose name I forgot both have the Hyuga clan symbol on their backs, so are they Uzumaki or Hyuga?

I mean, Naruto does set a precedent for Children taking their mothers last name-He's Uzumaki, not Namikaze.

Sakura's kid is also named Salada (salad).

Rater202
2014-11-06, 01:52 PM

My Translation said Sarada.

And since "Bolt" was written as such and not as "Baruto", I'm going to assume that Sarada is not meant to be an English word untill stated otherwise.

Edit: Fridge LogicNaruto's job as the Hokage takes up a lot of his time, meaning he isn't as home as often as his family would like.

That's why Bolt pulled his prank, to get his Father's attention.

Did becoming the Hokage make Naruto forget that he can make literally thousands of copies of himself? Or is there some law that says he has to do the job in person?

AtlanteanTroll
2014-11-06, 01:58 PM
Bolt wouldn't be Baruto, it would be Boruto, but whatever. Making reference to Neji, and that making screw makes even more sense, but whatever. Could be both

Traab
2014-11-06, 02:23 PM

And since "Bolt" was written as such and not as "Baruto", I'm going to assume that Sarada is not meant to be an English word untill stated otherwise.

Edit: Fridge LogicNaruto's job as the Hokage takes up a lot of his time, meaning he isn't as home as often as his family would like.

Did becoming the Hokage make Naruto forget that he can make literally thousands of copies of himself? Or is there some law that says he has to do the job in person?

Even if that is the case He can still make copies to spend time with his family. Honestly, Naruto has probably got the least amount of excuse possible to not spend all the time with his family that he wants.

Lurkmoar
2014-11-06, 03:25 PM
Also regarding

Sakura/Sasuke... I'm not surprised, but you can almost taste the moral of sticking up for your man, even if he's a criminal and frequently called you annoying and even questioned why you loved him, hang in there! You're earn his love eventually! Oh well, it's not worse then Hot Gimmick or Nana in that regard. *shiver*

Maybe Bolt plays too rough and dispels the clone? I got nothing.

edit: Just realized almost everything about Sakura/Sasuke applies to Hinata/Naruto minus the abusive parts. Some folks just aren't all that hot with setting up romance I suppose.

Sith_Happens
2014-11-06, 04:25 PM
That awkward moment when you're narratively obligated to pair off all your characters after fifteen years of almost completely neglecting to set any such thing up.:smalltongue:

Although judging by the trailer the movie is going to put a good amount of focus on how NaruHina finally happens.

Don't you know? The establishment of an official couple is when the real shipping war starts.:smalltongue:

Because half way through Naruto they seemed to get rid of all the weird schizo tech like VCRs and stuff. I'm just saying....it's weird that the city looks like a MODERN day city, and not a modern equivilent of the Naruto style city would be.

I take it you forgot about the daimyos' wireless video conference just before the war, then? It required comically large batteries, but still.

Most of the Hidden Villages have been more or less modern cities from the start, minus their sizes and the conspicuous absence of practical combustion, and the Leaf has even had the architectural style to match.

Even if that is the case He can still make copies to spend time with his family. Honestly, Naruto has probably got the least amount of excuse possible to not spend all the time with his family that he wants.

This is the guy who took two and a half years training with one of the greatest ninja in history just to learn basic competency in battle. Sure he's learned to fight even smarter since then, but that's a completely different skill set from all this "being a functional human being" stuff.:smalltongue:

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 05:28 PM

Yeah that's the sort of thing that only works when no one knows you're doing it, then it has the opposite effect desired when they do know.

Also not the best example to set for responsible use of ninjutsu.

Traab
2014-11-06, 05:41 PM
Yeah that's the sort of thing that only works when no one knows you're doing it, then it has the opposite effect desired when they do know.

Also not the best example to set for responsible use of ninjutsu.

What could be a more responsible use for this technique than to use it to be with your family while not letting your job slip? After all, those clones ARE him, so its not like he is running a scam. Be like, "Hey Hinata, kids, I know ive been too busy with work to spend as much time with you guys as I want, so ive decided to leave a clone or two here so that I can spend my days with my family while still running the village." He gets all the memories, his family gets to be with him, and noone feels left out, and the job is getting done as well. Its an all around win!

thethird
2014-11-06, 05:54 PM

Salada means salty in Spanish.

Razade
2014-11-06, 06:02 PM

Right, but her name isn't Salada. It's Sarada or うちはサラダ

Gray Mage
2014-11-06, 06:02 PM

And it means salad in portuguese.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 06:13 PM
@Traab:

You think a bratty kid is going to buy that he can slap his dad real hard and poof him into smoke is totally the same thing? And I agree sending a duplicate of yourself is an insulting move when it comes to personal relationships as sending a surrogate is saying precisely that you are not the biggest priority right now.

And responsibility is because as Hokage you are now effectively a head of state thus yeah actually have to set an ethical example on restrained responsible use of your world shaking superpowers. Over and above what may be actually required so to guide other people away from potential slippery slopes or otherwise discourage those that might not have your restraint. Like what happens when someone without your chakra reserves gets notions about spamming jutsu all day and then gets hurt falling off a building because their chakra ran out and can't do their actual job.

No its not a major thing, but its worth keeping in mind and not using your superpowers for ordinary problems is always a good idea. Its the low level side of Uncle Ben's maxim.

Rater202
2014-11-06, 06:14 PM
What could be a more responsible use for this technique than to use it to be with your family while not letting your job slip? After all, those clones ARE him, so its not like he is running a scam. Be like, "Hey Hinata, kids, I know ive been too busy with work to spend as much time with you guys as I want, so ive decided to leave a clone or two here so that I can spend my days with my family while still running the village." He gets all the memories, his family gets to be with him, and noone feels left out, and the job is getting done as well. Its an all around win!

Kage Bunshin is a Kinjutsu.

Anybody below an S class Ninja who tries to make more than a few clones at a time would die of chakra exhoustion, and I'm resonably certain that Naruto is the only one with enogugh chakra to make more than a dozen.

In hindsight, even if using a dozen or so clones to take care of his paper work in no time is fine for Naruto to do, it still sets a dangerous precedant for abusing dangerous forbidden techniques for trivial reasons.

He's the Hokage and Ninja-Jesus. He has to set a good example.

Traab
2014-11-06, 07:43 PM
@Traab:

You think a bratty kid is going to buy that he can slap his dad real hard and poof him into smoke is totally the same thing? And I agree sending a duplicate of yourself is an insulting move when it comes to personal relationships as sending a surrogate is saying precisely that you are not the biggest priority right now.

And responsibility is because as Hokage you are now effectively a head of state thus yeah actually have to set an ethical example on restrained responsible use of your world shaking superpowers. Over and above what may be actually required so to guide other people away from potential slippery slopes or otherwise discourage those that might not have your restraint. Like what happens when someone without your chakra reserves gets notions about spamming jutsu all day and then gets hurt falling off a building because their chakra ran out and can't do their actual job.

No its not a major thing, but its worth keeping in mind and not using your superpowers for ordinary problems is always a good idea. Its the low level side of Uncle Ben's maxim.

Creating a couple of clones is hardly a world shaking superpower, he isnt going into demonic sage mode and hurling rasenshurikens down the toilet to clear out a clog. Shadow clones may be rare, but virtually everyone has some form of clone jutsu they can use, and kinjutsu or not, its probably already one of the most well known in the village. I fail to see how refusing to spend time with your family as well as do your job is somehow morally superior to taking care of your family as well as your village. As for other people doing his jutsu, first of all, its fairly obviously not some sort of kage level jutsu considering konohamaru was able to use it during the pein arc, and I doubt he would be advertising his technique all over the village and showing everyone how to do it. As for anyone who thinks they can do what a kage does and gets hurt trying, thats double dumbass on them. Seriously, who sees a kage using his techniques and says, "Hey if the strongest ninja and dictatorial ruler of my home can do that, SO CAN I!!!" (aside from idiots like young naruto) You might as well yell at minato for (probably) using his hirashin to get around town when he didnt feel like walking. "OMG! What if someone sees him and tries to copy it, killing himself?!" Then that guy was a total moron.

Also, the bratty kid part is just silly. First off, you really think that THE HOKAGE is going to let his son punch him hard enough to dispel his clone? He could spar with his kids until they pass out from exhaustion and they would never land a hit on him. Secondly, no wait, no secondly, wtf are you talking about with that line? Anyway, a shadow clone isnt a surrogate, it IS naruto. It has all his personality, his feelings, his skills, his memories. And once it dispels, it might as well have been the real naruto there the whole time. Of course, thats assuming there is some reason why naruto couldnt send the clone to sign paperwork and stay home himself, but whatever. Either way, naruto is present at both locations and in an emergency will be on hand to take care of things, if the clone is dispelled the real naruto can be there in a flash.

Ramza00
2014-11-06, 08:02 PM

He reversed summoned it.

Glad I was not the only who thought of this, but

Bolt wants to be with his real dad and he considers clones to not be his real dad (just like madara and hashirama clones) but instead an emotional babysitter and he resents that. You make time for your family not because you can (clones) but because you want to (your heart).

Thus he will misbehave even more to get Dad's attention and Naruto gets why he does this with clones and thus acknowledges his son point and not try to do anything manipulative with clones. Instead Naruto is trying to teach him that his heart belongs to everyone in the village but it also belongs to Bolt in a way that is unique like the Third and his grandson. But because his kid is what, 8/9 or whatever we call academy age he does not get this completely yet (thus he does stuff like Konohamaru does.)

Plus maybe Bolt inherited some form of sensing ability that is different than Byakugan, like he can sense what is clone and what is not like Naruto can now sense feelings. Perhaps in my head canon it is connected to sage mode and sensing his environment.

naruto used body flicker and not flying thunder god. Sure from a balance perspective we have to limit naruto somehow but it would be nice to acknowledge his dad in some way.

Math_Mage
2014-11-06, 08:05 PM
First, even if there are no problems with using Kage Bunshin no Jutsu to imitate yourself, this runs into the reaction Doctor Manhattan got when he tried that.

Second, Kishimoto has been (I think intentionally) ambiguous about just how well shadow clones can emulate the original. They can learn, feel pain, and act independently, but can a shadow clone of Naruto really substitute for him among the people who know him best?

Third, in this particular instance, to dispatch a shadow clone would be the opposite of the message Naruto wants to send Boruto. Think about it.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-06, 08:40 PM
Also regarding

Sakura/Sasuke... I'm not surprised, but you can almost taste the moral of sticking up for your man, even if he's a criminal and frequently called you annoying and even questioned why you loved him, hang in there! You're earn his love eventually! Oh well, it's not worse then Hot Gimmick or Nana in that regard. *shiver*

Maybe Bolt plays too rough and dispels the clone? I got nothing.

edit: Just realized almost everything about Sakura/Sasuke applies to Hinata/Naruto minus the abusive parts. Some folks just aren't all that hot with setting up romance I suppose.

I would not go that far to say everything, there was a good amount of teasing early on with naruto and hinata, like WAAAYYYY back right before Neji and Naruto beat each other half to death they had a longer discussion about something other than how much one loves the other than I think Sauske and Sakura have had combined in the entire series..

Aotrs Commander
2014-11-06, 09:49 PM
Last four episodes of this DVD...

Pahahahahahaa! Guy is an idiot! Can't even remember his own rivary scores! How is he a jonin, again?

Naruto defuses an international incident... With a friendship speech that actually kinda works this time.

*sigh* end of the filler, back to the main plot...

On the other hand... Killer Bee! Also Pahahahahahaa! Naruto is an idiot! Can't teel squid from octopus! How is he a going to be Hokage, again?

Also, the backstory episode for Killer Bee... Hah. The guy actually has a LOT more depth to him that at first blush. He seems an alsmot Carrot-like character, in his own way. I can sort of see why he's held in such high regard now (I mean, he was a real card before, but this shows there's some pathos to him as well.)

Dark Naruto is awesome.

I do have to agree with Traab... What is the reason Naruto can't use his shadow clones to at LEAST do some of the Hokage busy-work once in a while and spend more time with his family. Other than giving his son the chance to be "neglected" enough to become Naruto Mark 2? Does Naruto honestly think it's character building or something? If he does, maybe Hinata should slap hi... No, actually, wait, thinking about it, given her own background, she probably agress or something...!

Lurkmoar
2014-11-06, 09:52 PM
I would not go that far to say everything, there was a good amount of teasing early on with naruto and hinata, like WAAAYYYY back right before Neji and Naruto beat each other half to death they had a longer discussion about something other than how much one loves the other than I think Sauske and Sakura have had combined in the entire series..

All of the initiative and effort(that was shown) was always coming from the female. If there wasn't a kid in the epilogue, there's a strong case to be made that Sasuke was asexual. Unless he just used her to have his sharingan babies...

Rater202
2014-11-06, 10:03 PM
How is he a going to be Hokage, again?

...The answer is in the most recent chapters, so I'm boxing it:Kakashi becomes the Hokage after Tsunade retires(His face on the monument has the mask)

Though the implication is that he's just keeping the hat warm until Naruto has the necessary leadership experience to take up the job himself.(Because screw you if you think he doesn't have the power:smalltongue:)

The Final chapter, which is a timeskip to several years after the final fight, shows Naruto as the hokage, but mentioned that "6th Hokage" had retired only a short while ago, with Kakashi visiting crippled wheel chair Gai to mention that now that he's retired, he's going to go on a nostalgia tour.

Soras Teva Gee
2014-11-06, 10:04 PM
@Traab:

Creating a couple of clones is hardly a world shaking superpower, he isnt going into demonic sage mode and hurling rasenshurikens down the toilet to clear out a clog. Shadow clones may be rare, but virtually everyone has some form of clone jutsu they can use, and kinjutsu or not, its probably already one of the most well known in the village.

Do you know why if you join the military you will spend most of bootcamp folding your own clothes in just such a manner, getting dressed in just such a manner, occasionally getting to go for a walk but only in just such a manner? Well the theory is if you can't be expected to do something like that to perfection why should the government trust you with a bloated-military-budget value piece of equipment? It also is attempt to enstill patterns of obedience, because if you calmly explain it to a person they intellectually might agree with all your points... and then casually brush you off the moment you stop talking. So instead the military brainwashes you from the bottom up by acting at every level. All societies reinforce their codes of behavior in much the same way. And a good thing too, because otherwise doesn't work because people don't just change habits easily.

As the heads of societies leaders are thus logically expected to not simply follow the rules, but actively reinforce them by going an extra mile or two. This both reinforces the rule by showing the heights possible and establishing a lower bar... and also reinforces the ruler. If nothing else because some disaffected party would secretly love to have something they can distort into being an attack on said ruler. I trust you can think of some prominent IRL examples yes? And the more you are defending yourself from conflicts the more people might think gee you aren't so hot as the boss anymore. There's good reason why leaders of all sorts must keep their image in mind and go along with certain moral status quos.

And here that most certainly includes the ethics of when and how to use ninjutsu. Madara's plan and thus the whole plot basically boils down to "Imma gonna jutsu away my problems not fix them" writ large. So Naruto can't jutsu away his problems now can he? What's that the scale is different yadda yadda? So what, its not about facts its about perceptions, themes, and the stuff that can't be nailed down or programmed into a logic circuit. He's gotta follow through on the little things to build up the concept at every level.

Mind I doubt that's all concious intent, but its in there with the basic point that "Look Bolt I have responsibilities that mean I can't hang out with you all the time" being said. That what those responsibilities mean

I fail to see how refusing to spend time with your family as well as do your job is somehow morally superior to taking care of your family as well as your village. As for other people doing his jutsu, first of all, its fairly obviously not some sort of kage level jutsu considering konohamaru was able to use it during the pein arc, and I doubt he would be advertising his technique all over the village and showing everyone how to do it.

You confusing minor details for more important big concepts. Obviously as much as Naruto can he should try both. Heck we can maybe even infer that he should do some more delegating to free up his schedule for downtime with the kids... just not on the day when the Kages are meeting. That takes the everyday leader effecting the whole village/nation up to effecting the whole world.

But justsuing away those management issues is not the solution Naruto's been selling.

As for anyone who thinks they can do what a kage does and gets hurt trying, thats double dumbass on them. Seriously, who sees a kage using his techniques and says, "Hey if the strongest ninja and dictatorial ruler of my home can do that, SO CAN I!!!" (aside from idiots like young naruto) You might as well yell at minato for (probably) using his hirashin to get around town when he didnt feel like walking. "OMG! What if someone sees him and tries to copy it, killing himself?!" Then that guy was a total moron.

Do you remember where the buck stops?

Sure that guy is a moron, but he's the moron the Hokage (or whatever relevant leader) is responsible for so you need to work with the premise of the moron doing moronic things and take steps to try and head it off. Not just brush him off as a moron, that's passing the buck back.

Also, the bratty kid part is just silly. First off, you really think that THE HOKAGE is going to let his son punch him hard enough to dispel his clone? He could spar with his kids until they pass out from exhaustion and they would never land a hit on him. Secondly, no wait, no secondly, wtf are you talking about with that line? Anyway, a shadow clone isnt a surrogate, it IS naruto. It has all his personality, his feelings, his skills, his memories. And once it dispels, it might as well have been the real naruto there the whole time. Of course, thats assuming there is some reason why naruto couldnt send the clone to sign paperwork and stay home himself, but whatever. Either way, naruto is present at both locations and in an emergency will be on hand to take care of things, if the clone is dispelled the real naruto can be there in a flash.

Again focusing on a detail at the cost of the big picture.

You really think kids who damn well know about shadow clones can't appreciate the difference? You sell Bolt short.

Like I said I'd be offended if someone who's supposed to be a close personal relation foisted me off on a copy, because it says that person has bigger priorities. Any form of being in two places at ones, it means I'm worth all of 1/X percent of that person attentions. Always less then the proverbial full and undivided attention. Any kid or adult would be correct in finding that worse then being ignored by someone who's supposed to be giving affection/attention in the exchange.

Now are still plenty of times dividing yourself can be completely appropriate of course because lots needs to happen, but parenting is not one of such a case. I had a kid and pulled that, I'd deserve the "World's Worst Dad" mug I'd soon receive. Put me on a list with Gendo and Ragyo for screwing up my kids needlessly.

Aotrs Commander
2014-11-06, 10:16 PM
...The answer is in the most recent chapters, so I'm boxing it:Kakashi becomes the Hokage after Tsunade retires(His face on the monument has the mask)

Though the implication is that he's just keeping the hat warm until Naruto has the necessary leadership experience to take up the job himself.(Because screw you if you think he doesn't have the power:smalltongue:)

The Final chapter, which is a timeskip to several years after the final fight, shows Naruto as the hokage, but mentioned that "6th Hokage" had retired only a short while ago, with Kakashi visiting crippled wheel chair Gai to mention that now that he's retired, he's going to go on a nostalgia tour.

That was a rheotrical question, you see? Playing on the fact Naruto is A Bit Of An Idiot at times? I mean, seriously who can't tell the difference between and squid and an octopus?

Mind you, if he WASN'T a bit of an idiot, Naruto would be an utterly unappealing, overly self-righteous character. Ditto for Guy, for that matter. Remember what I said before about no character should be exempt from being the butt of the joke?

Rater202
2014-11-06, 10:42 PM
That was a rheotrical question, you see? Playing on the fact Naruto is A Bit Of An Idiot at times? I mean, seriously who can't tell the difference between and squid and an octopus?
if it's really big and all you can see are a few tentacles...

Also, when was the last time Naruto was canonically anywhere near the ocean?

Besides, he wasn't getting much attention back at the academy. He probably honestly never learned the difference.

Douglas
2014-11-06, 11:42 PM
@Soras Teva Gee

Like I said I'd be offended if someone who's supposed to be a close personal relation foisted me off on a copy, because it says that person has bigger priorities. Any form of being in two places at ones, it means I'm worth all of 1/X percent of that person attentions. Always less then the proverbial full and undivided attention. Any kid or adult would be correct in finding that worse then being ignored by someone who's supposed to be giving affection/attention in the exchange.
In my view, there's a critical difference here: in real life, any analogous thing would be splitting the same amount of attention over multiple things, resulting in less attention on each; with a Shadow Clone, the total amount of attention available is increased. You are not getting any less attention from a clone than you would from the original. Exceeding the attention the clone gives you would require either both the clone and the original, or two clones.

Madara snubs the Hashirama clone because the clone has less combat power than the original and is thus not a proper combat challenge. That should not be an issue for parenting unless Naruto actually has to use serious force against his kid, which is unlikely.

Math_Mage
2014-11-06, 11:48 PM
@Soras Teva Gee

In my view, there's a critical difference here: in real life, any analogous thing would be splitting the same amount of attention over multiple things, resulting in less attention on each; with a Shadow Clone, the total amount of attention available is increased. You are not getting any less attention from a clone than you would from the original. Exceeding the attention the clone gives you would require either both the clone and the original, or two clones.

Madara snubs the Hashirama clone because the clone has less combat power than the original and is thus not a proper combat challenge. That should not be an issue for parenting unless Naruto actually has to use serious force against his kid, which is unlikely.
It's plausible that an analogous diminishing of personality would happen, though, and that would be an issue.

Ramza00
2014-11-07, 12:27 AM
If you think that naruto can shadow clone the problem away then you did not understand the movie Hook. (Stephen Spielberg and Robin Williams 1991)

In the movie Peter (Robin Williams) was physically there for his kids but he was not emotionally there. He attended his daughter's play but he was on his cellphone. He seriously did intend with all his heart to be there but something came up and he was not able to make good on his promise even though he tried with all his heart. He was not there for his wife for even when they were on a family vacation he could not get off his phone for he was needed to save some multi million deal (aka Naruto and the village.)

In the end you have to make a choice if your children feel they are unwanted and unknowledge. Hiding behind a tool like shadow clones or a cell phone will not allow you to do both. How would you feel if you are eating diner with your father during family time but he has his earth to his cell phone. He may still be gesturing at you and he is doing two things at once but in the end you do not have his full attention and children need that at a certain age. Roughly the age Bolt is now 8 to 10 is when children realize they can be secure without needing their dad's full attention. And if dad leaves for a few hours he still loves you and thinks you are number 1 and you do not have to compete.

Unlike Peter, Naruto has his priorities in order. He understands his responsibilities to Bolt and his village. Naruto was late to the meeting for he went himself to stop Bolt. He could have said we will talk later when I get home. No he instead took the time to teach his son about the meaning of family and community. It is not just about protecting his son, but also recognizing his son as a unique person. And in the end he will gladly die for his son. Why will he die for his son or another villiager? Because he will die so that his will continue. Your person hood is not just your body, your feelings but also your hope, dreams, and aspirations. By living both for your dreams but also others you are something more and in the end you will gladly sacrifice your body to protect the next generation for it is through the next generation your dreams are eternal.

This is why Sasuke lived and was forgiven for his dream is now of atonement. Sasuke has the Rinnegan, he has mastery over life and death. He could have sacrifice himself to revive Neji and 40,000 ninja troops as well as Shikimaru's dad and such.

But Neji is not dead, his dream is for a change Hyuga. Naruto is Hokage and married to the head of Hyuga. Bolt and his sister Himawari like Neji's father did even though he was the identical twin to the Hyuggi chief.

And the reason why Naruto was damaged is he had no supportive parent at all at this age. He did not have a father who stopped his important meeting to talk to him, acknowledge him, and show his love. Eventually Naruto gets this from other sources. But he got it at 12 and often this is too late.

Thrawn183
2014-11-07, 12:28 AM
Genuinely curious: what's the most we've ever seen Naruto actually say to Hinata in one sitting?

Lurkmoar
2014-11-07, 12:34 AM
Genuinely curious: what's the most we've ever seen Naruto actually say to Hinata in one sitting?

In the manga, I believe it was when he talked to her before the finals for the Chunin exams. I could be wrong, but I really don't want to go look up 500+ chapters.

Cracks me up that she and the other rookies weren't introduced until the Chunin exams. Anime at least gave them cameos in the first episode.

LaZodiac
2014-11-07, 12:41 AM
If you think that naruto can shadow clone the problem away then you did not understand the movie Hook. (Stephen Spielberg and Robin Williams 1991)

In the movie Peter (Robin Williams) was physically there for his kids but he was not emotionally there. He attended his daughter's play but he was on his cellphone. He seriously did intend with all his heart to be there but something came up and he was not able to make good on his promise even though he tried with all his heart. He was not there for his wife for even when they were on a family vacation he could not get off his phone for he was needed to save some multi million deal (aka Naruto and the village.)

In the end you have to make a choice if your children feel they are unwanted and unknowledge. Hiding behind a tool like shadow clones or a cell phone will not allow you to do both. How would you feel if you are eating diner with your father during family time but he has his earth to his cell phone. He may still be gesturing at you and he is doing two things at once but in the end you do not have his full attention and children need that at a certain age. Roughly the age Bolt is now 8 to 10 is when children realize they can be secure without needing their dad's full attention. And if dad leaves for a few hours he still loves you and thinks you are number 1 and you do not have to compete.

Unlike Peter, Naruto has his priorities in order. He understands his responsibilities to Bolt and his village. Naruto was late to the meeting for he went himself to stop Bolt. He could have said we will talk later when I get home. No he instead took the time to teach his son about the meaning of family and community. It is not just about protecting his son, but also recognizing his son as a unique person. And in the end he will gladly die for his son. Why will he die for his son or another villiager? Because he will die so that his will continue. Your person hood is not just your body, your feelings but also your hope, dreams, and aspirations. By living both for your dreams but also others you are something more and in the end you will gladly sacrifice your body to protect the next generation for it is through the next generation your dreams are eternal.

This is why Sasuke lived and was forgiven for his dream is now of atonement. Sasuke has the Rinnegan, he has mastery over life and death. He could have sacrifice himself to revive Neji and 40,000 ninja troops as well as Shikimaru's dad and such.

But Neji is not dead, his dream is for a change Hyuga. Naruto is Hokage and married to the head of Hyuga. Bolt and his sister Himawari like Neji's father did even though he was the identical twin to the Hyuggi chief.

And the reason why Naruto was damaged is he had no supportive parent at all at this age. He did not have a father who stopped his important meeting to talk to him, acknowledge him, and show his love. Eventually Naruto gets this from other sources. But he got it at 12 and often this is too late.

The clones are all independent. Simply have one of the clones BE that invested in it. Because they can be, as far as I can tell.

The last interaction they had with each other was when Naruto held everyone's hand to give them fox chakra boosts, but Hinata took it romantically. Almost directly after this Naruto's zombie dead shows up and Naruto is like "hey this is Sakura she's like my girlfriend or something" and Hinata's expression made it seem like she wanted to kill herself.

This romance is not very well written.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-07, 12:44 AM

As Lurkmore said there was almost a full chapter dedicated to them talking right before the Neji vs Naruto fight it was chapter 98 if you wish to go look at it, I only know this because >.> I wanted to make sure that was a thing that happened in the Manga before I mouthed off about it.

Olinser
2014-11-07, 01:02 AM
So random things on the last chapter:

Does Hinata look kind of fat to anybody else?

Now on to a couple major questions that haven't been answered:

1) WTF is up with Orochimaru. Seriously this is the crazy SOB that has the highest on-screen body count in the series (assuming you're counting all the bodies in the background he experimented on), and he just... what? Seriously, even a 1 panel bubble about 'oh yeah Naruto killed him LOL' would have been enough, we all know there is no way he suddenly decided to get peaceful.

2) So.... about those guys sealed in the gourd with the Gold/Silver brothers. We just forgetting about them?

3) So... what happened with the Tailed Beasts? Sasuke sucked them all up and then... what?

4) So... Naruto just regrew a new hand? No explanation?

On the note of the ships:

Naruto + Hinata and Sakura + Sasuke was what a pretty large portion of people had settled on anyway.

Temari + Shikamaru is likewise a shock to nobody.

Mei Terumi + Nobody = LOL :smallamused:

Now on to the weird ones, namely Ino + Sai and Choji + Random Cloud Ninja. I literally can't remember any time in the series that either pair interacted with each other at all. This was very weird, especially since there were at least some hints of a possible Ino + Choji relationship. Plus the Ino-Sai kid just looks WEIRD.

Lurkmoar
2014-11-07, 01:03 AM
The last interaction they had with each other was when Naruto held everyone's hand to give them fox chakra boosts, but Hinata took it romantically. Almost directly after this Naruto's zombie dead shows up and Naruto is like "hey this is Sakura she's like my girlfriend or something" and Hinata's expression made it seem like she wanted to kill herself.

This romance is not very well written.

No argument there. I don't expect top notch romance from shonen mangas.The only shonen romance I actually got behind was Angel Densetsu.

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-07, 01:08 AM
No argument there. I don't expect top notch romance from shonen mangas.The only shonen romance I actually got behind was Angel Densetsu.

You should read Toriko..the romance between the main character and Komatsu is totally buyable.

Lurkmoar
2014-11-07, 01:15 AM
So random things on the last chapter:

Does Hinata look kind of fat to anybody else?

Nah, she always wears unflattering clothes. Or maybe she gained some baby weight. You try pushing out two kids and see how your body looks. :smalltongue:

1) WTF is up with Orochimaru. Seriously this is the crazy SOB that has the highest on-screen body count in the series (assuming you're counting all the bodies in the background he experimented on), and he just... what? Seriously, even a 1 panel bubble about 'oh yeah Naruto killed him LOL' would have been enough, we all know there is no way he suddenly decided to get peaceful.

Probably sneaked off. Gotta have some bad guys left for the spin off.

2) So.... about those guys sealed in the gourd with the Gold/Silver brothers. We just forgetting about them?

They were released.

3) So... what happened with the Tailed Beasts? Sasuke sucked them all up and then... what?

After they dispelled the Infinite Tsykyomi(whatever it's spelled), those dumb rocks cracked open and the tailed beasts left. Except for 8 and 9.

Tsunade used the 1st Hokage's cells to clone them new hands. I don't know, friggin' a. Too bad she wasn't able to grow a new back for Gai.

ryuplaneswalker, thanks I'll keep that in mind.

LaZodiac
2014-11-07, 01:15 AM

On the note of the ships:

Naruto + Hinata and Sakura + Sasuke was what a pretty large portion of people had settled on anyway.

Temari + Shikamaru is likewise a shock to nobody.

Mei Terumi + Nobody = LOL :smallamused:

Now on to the weird ones, namely Ino + Sai and Choji + Random Cloud Ninja. I literally can't remember any time in the series that either pair interacted with each other at all. This was very weird, especially since there were at least some hints of a possible Ino + Choji relationship. Plus the Ino-Sai kid just looks WEIRD.

The only implication I can gather is that they literally just allowed Orochimaru to continue doing whatever he wanted. Which is a bad idea assuming his heel face turn was fake. I kind of wish they had him teaching the class instead of Shino (as cool as Shino is, no one cares. Orochimaru's goal was to learn every Jutsu so having him be a teacher so he can learn all the new Jutsu as well makes sense).

Yeah those guys are just gonna stay in the gourd forever.

The Tailed Beasts all got back up. It's implied after we see Kurama get up.

It's made out of Senju Tree Cells like Sasuke's. Because they can do that.

The only "this is just a random ship for no reason" ship I can remotely understand is Ino and Sai. Sai was always Discount Sasuke, and since Sakura somehow managed to bag him...settled for second place I guess.

Forrestfire
2014-11-07, 01:20 AM

It's a prosthetic made of Hashirama's cells.

Codyage
2014-11-07, 03:14 AM
There were two chapters released, 699, and 700. 699 answers a lot of answers people are asking.

Sith_Happens
2014-11-07, 04:16 AM
The only implication I can gather is that they literally just allowed Orochimaru to continue doing whatever he wanted. Which is a bad idea assuming his heel face turn was fake.

Seeing as "whatever he wanted" has since has last revival consisted entirely of Sasuke-watching, what's the worst that could happen?

...Who am I kidding, this is Orochimaru we're talking about, he's probably in one of his labs trying to grow an army of Sasukes to "observe" because just the one was getting boring. And everyone knows the last thing the world needs is more Sasukes running around.:smalleek:

I kind of wish they had him teaching the class instead of Shino (as cool as Shino is, no one cares. Orochimaru's goal was to learn every Jutsu so having him be a teacher so he can learn all the new Jutsu as well makes sense).

Not to mention the easy "all the students are totally creeped out by him but too scared to admit it" gag.:smallamused:

I'm confused by the fact that all of you are talking about this in terms of Naruto leaving a clone at home when he goes to work. This is Naruto we're talking about, the clones would be the ones doing all the boring stuff.

Kato
2014-11-07, 04:40 AM
Yeah those guys are just gonna stay in the gourd forever.
Nah, they had one panel in 699 where they got freed. So whatever they are doing, not rotting in there at east.

The only "this is just a random ship for no reason" ship I can remotely understand is Ino and Sai. Sai was always Discount Sasuke, and since Sakura somehow managed to bag him...settled for second place I guess.
I think at some point Ino showed interest in Sai? But don't ask me when and where... it was along the lines of "who's he? He looks cute" and that was it, I think, so probably early past time skip.

Seeing as "whatever he wanted" has since has last revival consisted entirely of Sasuke-watching, what's the worst that could happen?

...Who am I kidding, this is Orochimaru we're talking about, he's probably in one of his labs trying to grow an army of Sasukes to "observe" because just the one was getting boring. And everyone knows the last thing the world needs is more Sasukes running around.:smalleek:
I guess Oro is still trying fo achieve immortality but now he's being less annoying about it? (That was what he wanted after all)

ryuplaneswalker
2014-11-07, 04:46 AM
The only implication I can gather is that they literally just allowed Orochimaru to continue doing whatever he wanted. Which is a bad idea assuming his heel face turn was fake. I kind of wish they had him teaching the class instead of Shino (as cool as Shino is, no one cares. Orochimaru's goal was to learn every Jutsu so having him be a teacher so he can learn all the new Jutsu as well makes sense).

So, you want.

Orochimaru..Near a large group of Pre-teen Nubile Young boys..

That can't at all go wrong...Nope...:tongue:

Aotrs Commander
2014-11-07, 05:03 AM
I'm confused by the fact that all of you are talking about this in terms of Naruto leaving a clone at home when he goes to work. This is Naruto we're talking about, the clones would be the ones doing all the boring stuff.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like that was kind of a running joke almost ubiquitously running throughout pretty much every Naruto fanfic where Naruto becomes Hokage and uses the shadow clones to do the paperwork. NOT using shadow clones for that sort of thing is just nonsensical when Naruto can spam them as easily as most ninjas shunshin everywhere on a daily basis. Tools are tools are tools are tools. It's idiotic not to use them to their maximum advantage.

Hell, if somehow Shadow Clones are magically not up to the task, you'd have thought that an improved shadow clone that could would have been Jutsu Research Project Number One... Since Multiple Hokage Jutsu would have so many advantages it's not even FUNNY. I mean, dear frag. Naruto could afford to reinforce EVERY GENIN TEAM on a mission with an additional (disposable)Naruto shadow clone for support and back-up is he could get them to last long enough (I don't think we've ever had a canonical maximum shadow clone duration, have we?) If you have a force-multiplyer that you can use - and few other people can - not using it is... I can't even wrap my head around it.

ben-zayb
2014-11-07, 05:13 AM
Incorrect. Ino's eternal wetdream is a threesome with Sai and Sasuke. Chouji-Korui is the wtf pair, really, if people don't count SasuSaku.

some_geek
2014-11-07, 08:28 AM
I had to check naruto wikia with all the new characters. According to naruto wikia, Inojin is male, which surprised me, because of the earrings and hair etc. Does anyone know if this is really the case, or do they assume that his gender is male because of his name or something?

I hope Rock Lee's son is the son of Tenten, and will also learn to use ninja tools in combination with rock Lee's style.

Traab
2014-11-07, 09:12 AM
I just wanted to leave this here. A collection of naruto ficlets. (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8510543/14/Alternate-Beginnings-of-an-Uzumaki) I put it on a special chapter because at the bottom he does this thing where he basically psychoanalyzes the main cast of team 7 and hinata. I cant say I agree with all of it, but man, the last one with hinata is a depressing thing.

TheEmerged
2014-11-07, 09:24 AM
RE: Ino\Sai. Yeah, this one comes from the story where Sai was learning about nicknames. After giving Naruto and Sakura horrible ones, he calls Ino by the 'nickname' of Beautiful. Combine that with Sai being "substitute Sasuke" and Ino's stated crush on Sasuke and... InoSai.

LaZodiac
2014-11-07, 09:27 AM
Nah, they had one panel in 699 where they got freed. So whatever they are doing, not rotting in there at east.

I guess Oro is still trying fo achieve immortality but now he's being less annoying about it? (That was what he wanted after all)

...so we get a panel where we learn about the fate of the evil dudes who ate bits of Kurama and thus gained some of his power GETTING RELEASED INTO FREEDOM...but nothing on Orochimaru? I take it back this ending sucked SARCASM.

Orochimaru only wanted immortality because it would allow him to learn all the Jutsu in the world. And since he's now inside a Zetsu body I'm pretty sure he's actually immortal now.

So, you want.

Orochimaru..Near a large group of Pre-teen Nubile Young boys..

That can't at all go wrong...Nope...:tongue:

That is exactly what I want, because the chapters featuring Orochimaru after his heel face turn made him out to actually be really funny. Karin and Suigetsu are arguing about who's creepier of the two...and then Orochimaru extends his head out on his snake neck and wiggles it back and forth while sticking out his tongue and wiggling his fingers in that faux mysterious manner while going "I'm the most creepy! Now get moving before I bite you!" or something along those lines.

He would be the BEST wacky teacher. Especially since we're in the mood for forgiving terrorists, assassins, and fox chakra eating murder brothers.