PDA

View Full Version : Eight kinds of hell (IC)

Jormengand
2014-10-23, 02:08 PM
The great bell of Westgate tolls. One for a non-emergency meeting, two for a fire, three for an invasion, four for everyone, run, get out, for the sake of everything you hold dear. But one. One's not so rare. What is rare is the idea that the six most monstrously powerful warriors in the entirety of Westgate, perhaps the whole Iron Empire...

"Alleon! Itaka! Cari! Vorit! Lutin! Kurnos!"

...Should all be called to meet before the Westgate council at once. It is common for armies to try to pass through the bridge at Westgate, to attack the capital city of Eisenhafen, only a few days' march east. But what threat might be so great as to require all six of the Empire's greatest weapons? Even the messenger, who walks through the dark streets past rows of worn-down wooden houses to call these names, cannot possibly know.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

DrK
2014-10-23, 03:19 PM
Kurnos rolls to his feet. Eyes darting left and right in the dim light as his sharp ears hear the shouts from within the town halls. Claws extending he crawls out of his burrow in the grass near the city gates and stretches before loping towards the city gate. A faint snarl at the guards he channels his fury, leaping upwards with a massive bound as he soars over the walls...

in soaring dragon stance Jump [roll0] - and use 50ft fly to cover the rest of the distance to clear the wall.

Landing with a great thud he lopes towards the council building. "You have called for Kurnos?

Starmage21
2014-10-23, 04:02 PM
Lutin sighs as he looks up slowly from his book to peer out the window. With a creak the tome is closed and set down on a nearby table. Carefully extracting a fine set of green robes from a nearby pack, he changes clothing and begins moving toward the council at a brisk pace.

Upon arrival he looks upon the council chambers:
"Who dares summon me?"

copycatcat
2014-10-23, 04:22 PM
Itaka sighs, walks out of his home, and walks at a pleasurable pace towards the council(about 20 feet in six seconds.) Just out of sight of those within, he casts Extended Polymorph: Avoral and Invisibility, both from his wizardry, then flies the rest of the way there at maximum speed. He dimension steps into the council at the ceiling. He shows no sign of his presence, except to cast Ventriloquism to make his voice appear to be from where he is currently. He then flies to the other side of the room.

If he knows the council keeps up see invis, he casts dispel magic as well if the members of the council there. The rest of the six could not have made it; his house is literally 10 feet from the gate.

DrK
2014-10-23, 04:39 PM
Loping along shrouded in his totemic bonds and sniffing the air cautiously as he moved carefully he nodded to the mage that strode purposefully forth. "You have been called I see. All six of us now... The threat must be grave indeed.

Ellowryn
2014-10-23, 06:06 PM
Having been in deep meditation to further hone his skills, just as he does every night, Alloeon is rather irritated at the late night summons. But upon hearing the other names being called his irritation turns to curiosity, They seem to be preparing for the end of the world if they are summoning all of us at once he mutters while quickly arming himself.

Satisfied that everything on his person is in its right place, he heads out to the Westgate ready at a moments notice to unleash his might upon any that would attack him.

copycatcat
2014-10-23, 06:08 PM
"I have also arrived, did you not think to ask that of me? You are aware of my proximity to this place, and how I meet, if I remember correctly. How could you forget?" Itaka flies over his head.

Starmage21
2014-10-23, 11:09 PM
Lutin stands up straight, allowing his emerald robe and cloak to hang properly over his shoulders.
"Fret not over the children's tricks of your supposed peers. Focus instead on the terms of the engagement proper. To wit: Why have we ALL been summoned here?"