PDA

View Full Version : Look a BIRD! a BADGER! a....dog..

CyberThread
2014-10-23, 06:50 PM
Redoing this thread.

The 5e Hengeyokai

Small Humanoid (ShapeChanger)

Speed 30ft. (Fly Speed 40ft,10ft)/ (15ft Burrow,30ft)/(30ft swim,30ft)/(15ft climb,30ft)

+2 Dex, +1 floating stat Depending on animal form.

Alternate Form: Hengeyokai can change shape, assuming one of three possible forms. A hengeyokai can change form a number of times per day equal to 1 plus their character level. Thus, a 1st-level hengeyokai can switch from human form to animal form and back again in a single day. Changing form is a bonus action. A hengeyokai's animal form is a normal animal of Small or smaller size. Possible animal forms include badger, carp, cat, crab, crane, dog, fox, hare, monkey, raccoon dog, rat, sparrow, and weasel. Equipment the hengeyokai is wearing or carrying transforms to become part of the animal form. In animal form, hengeyokai has low-light vision and the ability to communicate with other animals of its kind. This is the same as a familiar's ability to speak with animals of its type. Hengeyokai have the size, speed, AC, damage rating, and physical ability scores shown (To still be made) In animal form, a hengeyokai is effectively disguised as an animal, gaining advantage against perception checks while in this form.

Animal Eyes: Due to having perception and exposure to things that many a human or halfing may never see or notice,Hengeyokai gain advantage in perception checks in Urban,Wilderness, and one other environment type of the players choice.

am sure there is more I could add, but best I could come up with to salvage this thread.

rlc
2014-10-23, 06:51 PM
you already made this thread.

CyberThread
2014-10-23, 06:53 PM

No I didn't .........with how many eyes I have, I can see what threads I have made.

rlc
2014-10-23, 07:01 PM
was looking at your firearms thread and thinking of pwykersotz's thread. anyway, thread was already made. you are late.

mr_odd
2014-10-23, 07:04 PM

No I didn't .........with how many eyes I have, I can see what threads I have made.

Another user posted a thread on the same thing.

Ralanr
2014-10-23, 08:40 PM
What is the original thread?

CyberThread
2014-10-23, 09:22 PM
What is the original thread?

no clue, coudln't find it, but tired of the dog pile.

rlc
2014-10-24, 07:54 AM
here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?379219-Artifacts!)
But anyway, for the sake of simplicity, you might just want to make it like wild shape, where you turn into that animal and gain its normal stuff (with obvious exceptions of stuff that doesn't exist yet), plus the relevant secondary score. Will the animal forms also get the +2 dex?

CyberThread
2014-10-24, 11:23 AM
here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?379219-Artifacts!)
But anyway, for the sake of simplicity, you might just want to make it like wild shape, where you turn into that animal and gain its normal stuff (with obvious exceptions of stuff that doesn't exist yet), plus the relevant secondary score. Will the animal forms also get the +2 dex?

While I agree with simplicity, would they also gain the onion druid HP trick as a racial?

rlc
2014-10-24, 01:39 PM
Well, it is your race build...
But, maybe you're right.

Abithrios
2014-10-24, 01:55 PM
I notice you have transforming provoke opportunity attacks. Is Is there anything else in 5e that acts like that?

CyberThread
2014-10-24, 02:26 PM
Well, it is your race build...
But, maybe you're right.

Am going to vote no on this ,and keep it as a separate ability. Druid change due to magic, this creature does not.

I notice you have transforming provoke opportunity attacks. Is Is there anything else in 5e that acts like that?

Bad Editing, Fixed.

In the name of simplicity that this edition has, I think am going to simplify it even further.

Select animals that are a select movement type. STR/DEX matches animal, when in animal form, but CON and mental abilties are innate but superior to the host creature.

So +2 Dex will be included while in animal form but STR and DEX still change based on the creature. I will edit later once I have a better formatting idea.