PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Published adventures with moral ambiguity (for mildly evil campaign)

RealMarkP
2014-10-24, 09:17 AM
My players are not evil, but they're moral compass only benefits themselves. They will skirt the laws, break into homes, steal, and otherwise do petty crimes if it suits them. I'm wondering if there are any published adventures that cater to this sort of party?

I can see urban adventures being good; they allow the players to approach gathering information and items on their own terms. This is a new campaign, so they are still level 1.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-24, 09:19 AM
Well i know Kingdoms of Kalamr has several quests that are actually labeled Evil, so you could look into those. Ive never ran any of them so i cant say much, but i do like most of the KoK quests so if they are anything like the rest of their products you should be good.

RealMarkP
2014-10-24, 09:56 AM
Well i know Kingdoms of Kalamr has several quests that are actually labeled Evil, so you could look into those. Ive never ran any of them so i cant say much, but i do like most of the KoK quests so if they are anything like the rest of their products you should be good.

I had a quick look at KoK, and it seems in line with what I'd like the world to be. I'll definitely look into this!

Blackhawk748
2014-10-24, 10:08 AM
Oh its a wonderful world, just watch out for their crunch. Its a bit....... wonky. Other than that its a world thats great for sandboxing as well as not over emphasizing alignment. I mean alignments are there but they're more of a gauge than a straitjacket, which is what they should be IMHO. You will find that it frequently gets the backhanded compliment of "best vanilla setting"

The Insanity
2014-10-24, 10:53 AM
Way of the Wicked adventure path.