PDA

View Full Version : Gloves of the Master Strategist

defiantdan
2014-10-24, 11:46 AM
How many Shurikens can you store in these gloves?

eggynack
2014-10-24, 11:49 AM
One. Gloves of the master strategist are only capable of holding a single item.

defiantdan
2014-10-24, 11:51 AM
mmmm How do I go about quickly retrieving shurikens and arrows of spellstoring quickly?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-10-24, 11:59 AM
Belt of hidden/many pockets (one works, but I can't remember which one ) + quick draw.

Uncle Pine
2014-10-24, 12:17 PM
Quick Draw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#quickDraw) lets you draw any weapon that has not been hidden (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/sleightOfHand.htm) as a free weapon. Just put the shurikens/arrows in your inventory somewhere on your body. I'd suggest some sort of cool-looking bandolier (either a fluff object or the one described in the FR setting that holds 8 small objects and cost 5 sp). No need for magic.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-10-24, 12:50 PM
Unless you hide them on your person, it's already a free action to draw ammunition and shuriken.

Synar
2014-10-24, 01:08 PM
Unless you hide them on your person, it's already a free action to draw ammunition and shuriken.

That.

hidden text

Petrocorus
2014-10-24, 02:00 PM

Wherever they are on your person? I always assumed it was if they're in a quiver or a bandolier.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-10-24, 02:23 PM
Wherever they are on your person? I always assumed it was if they're in a quiver or a bandolier.

Yes. Although I'm sure if you're determined to make the rules not work, you could twist the RAW to those ends based on the fact that it technically only specifies when using a bow.

Projectile weapons use ammunition: arrows (for bows), bolts (for crossbows), or sling bullets (for slings). When using a bow, a character can draw ammunition as a free action; crossbows and slings require an action for reloading. Generally speaking, ammunition that hits its target is destroyed or rendered useless, while normal ammunition that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost.

Although they are thrown weapons, shuriken are treated as ammunition for the purposes of drawing them, crafting masterwork or otherwise special versions of them (see Masterwork Weapons), and what happens to them after they are thrown.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#ammunition

Petrocorus
2014-10-24, 03:12 PM
Yes. Although I'm sure if you're determined to make the rules not work, you could twist the RAW to those ends based on the fact that it technically only specifies when using a bow.

I'm not determined, i just assumed it. Good to know.

BTW, StreamOfTheSky, didn't you have another name one year ago?

StreamOfTheSky
2014-10-24, 05:59 PM
I didn't mean you specifically, sorry. Should have said "if one is determined...." or something. And no, I've only had this one name here, and pretty much every gaming forum I'm on.