PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paladin build

Jigawatts
2014-10-24, 03:30 PM
I'm making a paladin character for a new game, he will be a CG Human Paladin of Freedom who worships the CG god of revelry, humor, trickery, adventure, and drinking. The gods favorite weapon is a rapier and for RP purposes I will be using that, I was going to do an off kilter sword and board build, focusing on dex and using a light shield. Here are my thoughts on feat progression.

1. Weapon Finesse, Two Weapon Fighting
3. Deadly Agility
5. Improved Shield Bash
7. Improved TWF
9. Shield Slam
11. Shield Master
13. Bashing Finish
15. Greater TWF

My set of stats are 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, placed wherever then add racial modifiers. I was thinking of starting with 13, 17, 14, 12, 11, 16, probably pumping Dex with my level points.

Thoughts?

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-24, 03:32 PM
This looks pretty good. Advice for allocating ability increases: first two into Dex to qualify for Greater TWF, then the rest into Str. You'll want the extra to-hit and damage.

Jigawatts
2014-10-24, 03:34 PM
This looks pretty good. Advice for allocating ability increases: first two into Dex to qualify for Greater TWF, then the rest into Str.
With Deadly Agility (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Deadly-Agility-Combat-) I wont need Str at all. :smallwink:

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-24, 03:42 PM
With Deadly Agility (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Deadly-Agility-Combat-) I wont need Str at all. :smallwink:

Oh yes, that's true. Didn't notice that feat in the build, I thought it was just a filler feat since you didn't qualify for other stuff yet.

Question: Why no Piranha Strike?

mealin
2014-10-24, 03:55 PM
You may wanna check out "Milil’s Harmonious Knights" substitution levels from Champions of Valor. Basically, it adds bardic music, which seems to fit in with your chosen god.

EDIT: oh, whoops. missed the pathfinder tag.

Jigawatts
2014-10-24, 06:03 PM
You may wanna check out "Milil’s Harmonious Knights" substitution levels from Champions of Valor. Basically, it adds bardic music, which seems to fit in with your chosen god.

EDIT: oh, whoops. missed the pathfinder tag.
That would have been cool, but indeed this is a Pathfinder only game. The only thing from 3.5 we are using is the Paladin of Freedom, and even that we are only using the code of conduct and the swapping out of spells, otherwise the class is the exact same as the standard PF Paladin.