PDA

View Full Version : Leadership/Thrallherd

Ettina
2014-10-25, 09:28 AM
Are there any rules about attracting cohorts/thralls and followers/believers with level adjustments? For example, two-headed trolls are traditionally leaders of trolls, so can a two-headed troll PC attract trolls with leadership?

OldTrees1
2014-10-25, 10:34 AM
Yes. An ECL 3 follower takes up one of your ECL 3 follower slots.
Cohorts can be of the ECL it lists for your leadership score or 2 less than your Character level[# of Hit Dice] (whichever is less)

Crake
2014-10-25, 10:57 AM
Yes. An ECL 3 follower takes up one of your ECL 3 follower slots.
Cohorts can be of the ECL it lists for your leadership score or 2 less than your Character level[# of Hit Dice] (whichever is less)

Actually, all followers are either warriors, commoners or experts. If you want aristocrats or adepts, they're 2 levels lower than normal, and PC class followers are 5 levels lower than normal. Cohorts are fine to be monsters, but I don't think that run of the mill followers can be

OldTrees1
2014-10-25, 12:10 PM
Actually, all followers are either warriors, commoners or experts. If you want aristocrats or adepts, they're 2 levels lower than normal, and PC class followers are 5 levels lower than normal. Cohorts are fine to be monsters, but I don't think that run of the mill followers can be

Only in 3.0's Epic Level Handbook. In the 3.5 DMG(higher priority) it does not have such exceptions.

sideswipe
2014-10-25, 07:02 PM
someone in a campaign i was playing just wanted a Minotaur bodyguard and got it.