PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Bayonet Shot

Fax Celestis
2007-03-19, 01:08 PM
Bayonet Shot
Prerequisites: Point-Blank Shot
Benefits: You may fire a crossbow after an attack or full-attack in which you strike your opponent at least once with a crossbow bayonet attached to a loaded crossbow. This is an extra attack that stacks with effects like haste, not a normal part of your attack routine. If you do this, your crossbow bolt gains +2 to hit and deals an extra +4 damage. The shot does not provoke an attack of opportunity, and its benefits stack with that of Point-Blank Shot and other archery feats.

Haedrian
2007-03-19, 01:10 PM
Crossbow bayonet?

Did those things even exist?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-19, 01:38 PM
Crossbow bayonet?

Did those things even exist?

No. Mainly because a rifle with a knife on the end is a lot like a spear while a crossbow with a knife on the end is something you'll break if you hit too hard.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-19, 01:43 PM
Crossbow bayonets are in Complete Scoundrel.

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-19, 02:00 PM
Does the shot provoke an attack of opportunity? Do the bonuses stack with the point blank shot? If you dual weild crossbows, can you make this attack with both?

Haedrian
2007-03-19, 02:02 PM
I don't lyke this because.

if you're a missile user, when you have your opponent next to you, you have problems, thats the point of it.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-19, 02:16 PM
Does the shot provoke an attack of opportunity? Do the bonuses stack with the point blank shot? If you dual weild crossbows, can you make this attack with both?

No. Yes. You can't use a crossbow bayonet in one hand.

I don't lyke this because.

if you're a missile user, when you have your opponent next to you, you have problems, thats the point of it.

Crossbow bayonets are a measure against, since they already suffer a -2 to attack rolls for being unweildly. This helps make them worthwhile and interesting instead of something to be sneered at (a la Monkey Grip).

Matthew
2007-03-30, 06:32 PM
What will Wizards think of next? A Spiked Cross Bow indeed... good Feat Fax and could be adopted for D20 Past as well.

Icewalker
2007-03-30, 06:41 PM
I like it. Seems a bit powerful for a feat, but looks good. I'd say up the prereqs a bit, like a 13-15 dex req.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-30, 09:51 PM
i like monkey grip....and i like this feat to, im not picky

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-04-29, 09:23 PM
There is also a bayonet for musical instruments. Ha. I'd like to be able to kill someone with my violin. (Hey, it's a BOW, right? BADDOOOMM! CRASH!)