PDA

View Full Version : Help finding He-Man style magic armor from Forgotten Realms

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-10-25, 10:37 AM
So, I remember that one of the books has this baldric-as-armor magic item for desert warriors, but that's all I remember. If someone could help me with at least the name of the item and sourcebook I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Taveena
2014-10-25, 10:59 AM
Could it be Gloryborn from DMG II? I'm not sure it fits entirely, but the example leather armor was described as little more than straps barely covering the chest designed to show off the abs...

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-10-25, 11:15 AM
No, I remember it being a magic item from an FR book with +X to AC, rather than an item template. Does the gloryborn template effect climate/temp? If RAW makes gloryborn bearable to wear in the desert I might go with that.

Palanan
2014-10-25, 02:22 PM
Could be the +1 cooling chainmail from Races of Faerūn, p. 171.

It's called Cali****e Mail and "is much sought after along the shores of the Shining Sea, particularly in the vicinity of the Calim Desert, where the extreme temperature effectively prevents the wearing of most types of armor."

kalasulmar
2014-10-25, 03:17 PM
Harness of Armor. Lost Empires of Faerun page 155. Acts as Bracers of Armor but occupies vest magic item slot.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-10-25, 06:14 PM
Harness of Armor. Lost Empires of Faerun page 155. Acts as Bracers of Armor but occupies vest magic item slot.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We ahve a Winnnnerrr!