PDA

View Full Version : Whenever I see your smiling face... [Feat]

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-03-19, 02:35 PM
Encouraging Smile
With a smile you can uplift your allies, renewing their will to fight.
Prerequisites: Charisma 15
Benefit:As a swift action, you can choose one of your allies and flash them an encouraging smile. They must be able to see you for the effect to work. If the ally is suffering from a fear effect, they immediately recieve a second will save to resist it. You may only use this ability once per ally on any given effect.

I really like the flavor but I'm unsure if it's too weak to be any use. Feedback/Suggestions would be appreciated.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-19, 02:46 PM
Are you familiar with Skill Tricks from CScn? This might function better as one of them.

Demented
2007-03-19, 03:41 PM
This action provokes an Attack of Opportunity. If the attack hits and deals bludgeoning damage, everyone present receives a +2 Comedy bonus to all skill checks.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-19, 04:42 PM
This isn't worth a feat. Maybe it would make something nice to throw into one of the Bard's dead levels.

Haedrian
2007-03-19, 05:02 PM
Yep, this'd be good for bards, or some fey...

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-03-19, 05:42 PM
Would it be too powerful if the ally gained a bonus to will saves equal to your Charisma modifier? Or maybe straight +2 or 3? What extending it to other kinds of will saves?

Haedrian
2007-03-20, 05:05 AM
Doing that would be very much touching on bard stuff.

Remove it as a feat, and give it to the bard - his job after all is to encourage his companions to fight/do things well.

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-03-20, 05:12 PM
maybe a stronger version of the ability (not feat!) will give morale bonuses to some stuff :P

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-20, 09:37 PM
The main reason that no one would put a feat into this is that there aren't that many fear effects out their, and there are already enough things to help with them; being a paladin springs to mind, but there's also the spell remove fear. Maybe as a bard ability to make them less suck. Somewhat. Not really.