PDA

View Full Version : If your campaign had a TVTropes page.

SickBritKid
2014-10-25, 02:39 PM
This topic is simple: categorize certain elements of a campaign you're playing with Tropes. An extended description at the beginning can also work. I'll start:

Dinos & Demiplanes.

3.5 campaign centered the Dinosaur Demiplane(it's the Material plane but primarily populated by Manuraptors and other intelligent Dino races) and features the party traveling across multiple different planes, including the Plane of Earth, Water, and is projected to end with the party traveling to Hell.

Tropes:

Five-Man Band
* The Hero: Ozpin Dracaris. A certain member of this forum's Spellscale Bard. Incredibly charismatic, intelligent, and is the party's diplomatic whiz.
* The Lancer: Logan Pathwalker. My Half-Elf(using the Elven template) Ranger. Gruff, snarky, taciturn, and the party's main ass-kicker when it comes to combat, where he takes the lead while Oz does his Bard buffs at the rear. Oddly enough, he's somehow a hit with the ladies despite being rather unremarkable when it comes to Charisma.
* The Smart Guy: Kat(affectionately nicknamed Napalm-Breath Kitty). A group member's Tibbit Dragonfire Adept. Incredibly intelligent and is the party's main spellcaster, mainly in dispelling traps and other fun things while also doing nothing in battle but firing her breath weapon upon anything that moves to monumental success. Also overlaps with The Chick because she's the sole female member of the party and her player is the sole female player in this particular campaign(she's one of two female players in the other campaign this group play's, where D&D's DM is a normal player while another member of this party is the DM).
* The Big Guy: Torcadall. Dwarven Barbarian who spends the better part of his time getting drunk and the other part of his time "chopping things with his ****ing axe". And when he's not fighting, he's trying to pick a fight. 'nuff said.
* The Chick: Cecil. Raptoran Fighter(?) who is a very...odd individual. Very much the Ditz of this group, his various antics and downright stupid(in a humorous way) actions are often the punchline for the party's snark. Frequently drives Logan nuts with his stupidity to the point where Logan has contemplated suicide on at least one occasion when Cecil wound up single-handedly ruining the party's reputation in a city. It ended with Logan being thrown into a psych ward for a couple of days after the grumpy Ranger went into a ranting fury when said event happened.

Rag-tag Bunch of Misfits: Going off of the above, the party definitely fits this mold to a T.

Roxxy
2014-10-25, 03:52 PM
Hmm. Too early to categorize the game, but I can categorize the setting.

Magitek: Medieval weapons, early firearms, a mix of modernish and medieval clothing styles, Alchemists as the most common magic using class, and railroads powered by said Alchemists.

Fantasy Counterpart Culture: And how. We basically have clear analogues for most of Western Europe and Eastern Asia, and the game takes place in Faux North America, in a region that has a lot of parallels to the San Francisco Bay Area (where I happen to have grown up), despite speaking what is basically French with a different name.

Gratuitous French: Organizations tend to have French names.

Cop Show: The player characters belong to a military police unit that specializes in dealing with high powered monsters and rogue mages. Usually end up resorting to lethal force, though to be fair enemies generally don't try to surrender.

Artistic License - Law: Fun comes first, not requiring PCs to follow boring but sensible rules and procedures.

Railroading: I would rather not micromanage the PCs, but law enforcement units do have some structure to them, and there is a chain of command. My approach is to have Da Chief tell the PCs what the problem is and where it is, and let the PCs decide how to solve that problem without the higher ups stepping in and telling them what to do.

Occult Detective: The PCs.

All Hallows' Eve: The setting version of Halloween lessens the barriers between worlds, and anything involving undead or demons becomes more powerful at this time of year.

Guilt-Free Extermination War: Goblins aren't of this world. We've never seen their homes, they don't have genetalia, and we've never seen a child. We have never been able to communicate with them, and they are always hostile and violent. Pretty sure they aren't even fully sentient.

Gender is no Object: Women join the army all the time.

Too many horror tropes to count. It's not a horror game, but the main theme is that the PCs are the ones who face down the nastiest, most horrible things in the world on an almost daily basis so that the citizens they protect can continue their relatively peaceful and prosperous existence.

The Glory That Was Rome: Romans in and of themselves aren't really present in the setting, and the nation we are in isn't based off of Rome, but the military takes a lot of organizational and procedural cues from the Roman Military, because the Romans had a lot of good ideas when it came to organizing armies.

Tropes we noticeably lack:

Public Execution: We do send murders to the guillotine, we just do it within prison walls these days. Public executions are associated with historical events nobody wants to repeat.

Most trial/lawyer tropes. This is a game about killing monsters, not a police procedural.

Forensic Drama: We have some elements of mystery and sometimes do have to figure out who the monster or mage is, but this is not a game primarily about solving mysteries.

Redshirt Army/Militaries are Useless: The military is a professional fighting force that is quick to respond to threats. That's why the swarms of goblins and spontaneously reanimating undead haven't overwhelmed civilization. The average soldier or sailor just isn't tough enough to face more powerful threats and expect to live, but that's what higher level people like the PCs are kept around for.

GrayGriffin
2014-10-25, 10:02 PM
I actually made a TVTropes page for one of my online PBP campaigns: Here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/LegendariesLost).

jaydubs
2014-10-26, 12:52 AM
I can think of two of my campaigns that ended up with a really obvious, principle trope.

1) Fire-Forged Friends (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FireForgedFriends) - 5e Campaign, where the characters started out almost hating each other, and players were only kind of getting along. We actually went through most of the points on the trope page, proving our worth to each other, saving each others' lives in the heat of battle, until we turned into a really friendly and loyal group. To top it all off, the trope repeated when a darker and grittier sixth-ranger type joined the group.

2) Ragtag Bunch of Misfits (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RagtagBunchOfMisfits) Pathfinder game, where the party consists of:
-A drunken, possibly abusive to his family, ex-soldier, well past his prime.
-The bastard son of a whore, who for some reason spends all of his time dressed as a killer clown.
-A homeless man, whose past accomplishments include being responsible for the utter destruction of a town.
-One more traditional adventurer type, who doesn't quite fit the trope.

And oddly enough, both games are full of Heroic Comedic Sociopaths (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroicComedicSociopath).

Gamgee
2014-10-26, 01:44 AM
Too stupid to live = most of the players.

Marlowe
2014-10-26, 03:02 AM
Completely Missing The Point = all of the players.:smallbiggrin:

Alent
2014-10-26, 10:05 AM
The short list I can think of off the top of my head:

Magitek/Steampunk: Everyone lives in giant walking robots.

Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Who doesn't do this?

Subverted Trope/Our (everything) is different: I seriously just sit there and think of ways to tweak things just enough to make them surprising, such as dwarves with actual cat-eyes, the nearsightedness that comes with, and glasses to compensate.

The Expy: Almost everything still resembles something else anyway.

Random Number God: Everything is randomized to some extent.

Generic Bland Name + The apocalypse: The apocalypse filed off the serial numbers on all the product identity for a variety of reasons, the least of which being that I keep everything on a wiki.

Crystal Spires and Togas: Our Goblins are different.

Might think of more later. :smallbiggrin:

GPuzzle
2014-10-26, 10:56 AM
This topic is simple: categorize certain elements of a campaign you're playing with Tropes. An extended description at the beginning can also work. I'll start:

Dinos & Demiplanes.

3.5 campaign centered the Dinosaur Demiplane(it's the Material plane but primarily populated by Manuraptors and other intelligent Dino races) and features the party traveling across multiple different planes, including the Plane of Earth, Water, and is projected to end with the party traveling to Hell.

Tropes:

Five-Man Band
* The Hero: Ozpin Dracaris. A certain member of this forum's Spellscale Bard. Incredibly charismatic, intelligent, and is the party's diplomatic whiz.
* The Lancer: Logan Pathwalker. My Half-Elf(using the Elven template) Ranger. Gruff, snarky, taciturn, and the party's main ass-kicker when it comes to combat, where he takes the lead while Oz does his Bard buffs at the rear. Oddly enough, he's somehow a hit with the ladies despite being rather unremarkable when it comes to Charisma.
* The Smart Guy: Kat(affectionately nicknamed Napalm-Breath Kitty). A group member's Tibbit Dragonfire Adept. Incredibly intelligent and is the party's main spellcaster, mainly in dispelling traps and other fun things while also doing nothing in battle but firing her breath weapon upon anything that moves to monumental success. Also overlaps with The Chick because she's the sole female member of the party and her player is the sole female player in this particular campaign(she's one of two female players in the other campaign this group play's, where D&D's DM is a normal player while another member of this party is the DM).
* The Big Guy: Torcadall. Dwarven Barbarian who spends the better part of his time getting drunk and the other part of his time "chopping things with his ****ing axe". And when he's not fighting, he's trying to pick a fight. 'nuff said.
* The Chick: Cecil. Raptoran Fighter(?) who is a very...odd individual. Very much the Ditz of this group, his various antics and downright stupid(in a humorous way) actions are often the punchline for the party's snark. Frequently drives Logan nuts with his stupidity to the point where Logan has contemplated suicide on at least one occasion when Cecil wound up single-handedly ruining the party's reputation in a city. It ended with Logan being thrown into a psych ward for a couple of days after the grumpy Ranger went into a ranting fury when said event happened.

Rag-tag Bunch of Misfits: Going off of the above, the party definitely fits this mold to a T.

I'm just waiting until some sith happens.

*badumtss*

Anyway:

Campaign I: The Proud Kingdoms

*Five-Man Band:

**The Leader: Sartharina, Dragonborn Warlord. The team's leader and strategist, has a tendency to charge into battle before anyone else and attack as many people as she can, which in turn means that someone will probably get an attack too.

**The Lancer: Iados, Tiefling Ardent. The team's second in command, and the closest thing we have to an all-rounder. Saved everyone's ass at least once.

**The Smart Guy: Elran (my character), Elf Mage. The team's Squishy Wizard, idealistic hero and that managed to kite a BBEG while repeatdly making it attack itself.

**The Big Guy: Valderas, Eladrin Slayer. Teleports around and smashes people in the head with a fullblade while also being one of the smartest guys in the team.

**The Chick: Inma, Human Swordmage. Also teleports around and smashes people in the head, except this time it's with a longsword and instead of making them very hurt she punishes enemies for hurting anyone but her.

*Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: Sartharina.

*Swords Are Just Better: Sartharina, Inma and Valderas all yield swords.

*Blade on a Stick: Iados uses a greatspear in the fight.

*Teleport Spam: Inma and Valderas really go teleporting around.

*Magic Knights: Inma and Valderas draw their powers from magic (Valderas multi-classed Swordmage) but they really hit people with their blades.

*The Loonie: Of all people, Elran. On things he has done:
-Ran towards arrows.
-Kited a BBEG by hiding under a table, creating a fake copy of himself repeatdly and making him attack himself.
-Got a crit on a BBEG.
-Spent half of the fight casting non-damage cantrips to toy with the mooks and proceeded to crit the BBEG repeatdly next three turns.

Campaign II: A World In War

*Magitek: Trains, cars, guns... all running on magic.

*Fantasy Culture Counterpart: The whole campaign is based on World War I. Go figure.

*Gratuituous French/German/Italian/Croatian/Russian/Turkish...: And the list goes on and on and on...

*Our Vampires are Different: Vladimir, one of the party's two religious zealots... and bloodthirsty vampire.

*The Big Guy/Girl: Belle and Ruthgar, Human Fighter and Human Cleric.

*The Face: Kitt, Half-Elf Elementalist.

*Fire, Ice, Lightning: Inverted - Kitt, the group's caster, specializes in Acid and Force damage.

*Dishing out Dirt: Kitt, to some extent.

*Badass: Everyone, at least once.

Hyena
2014-10-26, 11:23 AM
What do you mean, "if"? It already does. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/NeoPokeforum)

SimonMoon6
2014-10-27, 10:24 AM
Here are some that cross over from one campaign to another:

And then the REAL villain shows up. The heroes are battling away and just as they think they've won, somebody even more powerful than the baddie they just beat shows up and starts a fight. Variants on this include, "Oh you think one of those monsters is tough? Here, fight a dozen." I haven't done this in a long time, but it used to be common enough that when one of my players saw a similar situation in a comic book, he immediately thought of me.

The Quest of Five Parts. Well, you have to go over *there* to get the first macguffin, and then over *there* to get the next one, and so forth. So, there are multiple otherwise unrelated adventures that are tied together with a common thread.

Sith_Happens
2014-10-28, 03:53 AM
I'm just waiting until some sith happens.

*badumtss*

You called?:smallcool:

Five-Man Band
* The Hero: Ozpin Dracaris.
* The Lancer: Logan Pathwalker.
* The Smart Guy: Kat
* The Big Guy: Torcadall.
* The Chick: Cecil.

Close enough to get a thread started, I suppose.:smalltongue:

More accurately, Ozpin pulls triple duty as the Leader, the Smart Guy, and the Chick, Cecil is a second Big Guy whenever he's not being the Ditz, and Kat is... not really categorizable under the framework; she has some shades of the Smart Guy and the Big Guy, but first and foremost I'd say she's a weird variation on the Team Pet.

Other tropes in this campaign:

Only Sane Man: Ozpin. Mainly on account of my being it IRL.:smalltongue:

Idiot Ball: Logan and Cecil have an ongoing game of catch with it.

Badass Crew: The party tends to suddenly change from a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits into this during dungeon crawls, only to immediately change back after. It's weird.

Intellectual Animals/Talking Animals: Manuraptors and Tyrannosaurans, sapient counterparts of Deinonychus and T-Rex, respectively.

Courtroom Episode: After Logan, Cecil, and Torcadall all managed to get themselves arrested on the same day for different reasons.

Prison Episode: See above.

Off the Rails: All the damn time. The city we've been in or near for well over a dozen sessions now was supposed to just be a brief shopping trip before getting back to the main quest. Yet here we are clearing out a Formian hive as part of Logan's plea bargain for intimidating a pair of guards into letting him examine a crime scene that only existed in the first place as an indirect side-effect of Torcadall having picked a fight with someone for trying to heckle Ozpin during a performance at a royal party... Oh, and the only reason we came upon the city in the first place rather than being stuck in the middle of nowhere is because Ozpin managed to blackmail the Grim Reaper.

The Power of Rock: Dragonfire Inspiration.

Vitriolic Best Buds: Logan and Ozpin have a bit of this going on, though the vitriol is entirely on Logan's side.

Fantasy Kitchen Sink: In case the "Demiplane of Dinosaurs" bit didn't tip you off.

Chekov's Gun: I've been meticulously keeping track of the random magical odds and ends that we've found so far in the hope that some of them will become this. The most likely candidate? A small pile of hallucinogenic donuts.

DigoDragon
2014-10-28, 07:50 AM
My past Shadowrun 4e campaign had 'Crosses the Line Twice' about every other session with a few of the jokes made. Their not jokes we make in any other kind of campaign. For some reason Shadowrun brought out the more edgy kind of jokes from us.

Demon Prince
2014-10-28, 09:28 AM
I'm actually currently in an RPG custom-made by a friend of mine (plus some others). Time to tropify it!

Before I Do, Though, A Brief Plot Summary and Description of Characters

So, basically, the gist of the campaign thus far is that we woke up a dragon. And not just any dragon, the King of Dragons, capable of spreading a curse that turns others into dragons through his breath. We haven't encountered him again yet, but we've faced off against some of that dragon's (Orsted's) servants, and some of us have even been turned already!

Characters

Velixiostega: My character! Formerly a sentient mimic, but later became human through an encounter with memory-removing water (the GM ruled that the interaction between that and a Mimic's small shapeshifting capabilities could do weird stuff), later got 80% of his memory back only to be turned into a Black Dragon by Orsted (though still with his memories, just possessed of a massive personality shift). In between that time, he's done tons of crazy ****, but that will be detailed further in the tropes section.

Gray: The archetypal wandering adventurer, and possibly from another dimension. Has been there and done everything, or at least that's the idea his player projects. Refuses to join organizations for some reason.

Mr. Quackers: A sentient, horse-sized duck, who apparently belongs to a race of sentient horse-sized ducks. Seeks to avenge his mother, who was killed and eaten by someone, the identity of whom was till recently unknown. Has since become a bit of a social master and possibly an advocate for his people.

Gilliath Steamgolt: Formerly a Beholder interested in living among the humans, but since then was turned by one of Orsted's servants into an undead dragon. Has fled from the city the rest of the party's in, his actions since then remain unknown.

The Fire Golem: Pretty much already explained. Not much is known about the Fire Golem save that it was created by John Q. Public, a Fire Mage gone rogue, and that it killed John Q. Public, Fire Mage gone rogue. The main reason that this is all that's known, though, is that it only came into existence very recently and likely doesn't have any goals or history.

Parzifal: The DMPC. A silent, stoic, and powerful warrior seeking to master an ancestral weapon. Currently heads a mercenary guild.

John Q. Public (deceased): A fellow who was perfectly unremarkable in every way, save for his talent with Fire Magic. Got fed up with this and decided to just go on a violent rampage.

Enya Velarion (deceased): My first character, who died in the first session at the hands of Velixiostega. Was a warrior with some post-traumatic stress symptoms in a world where cures for such things don't come cheap.

And there's like tons more besides that. I'm just stopping at the current party (if you can call it that), plus deceased characters of players who are still active.

Anyway, tropes!

The Corruption (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCorruption)--Orsted's curse, arguably. Though those fully turned don't seem to think so.
Assimilation Plot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssimilationPlot)--What Orsted and his minions want to do to everyone. Correspondingly, the Black Dragon Orsted sends out to the city our characters are in is an example of The Assimilator (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheAssimilator)
Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NiceJobBreakingItHero)--Again, arguable, because none of the players are exactly heroes, but we definitely broke it when Orsted was awakened Also when Velixiostega killed the Alchemist. That said...
Grey and Gray Morality (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreyAndGrayMorality)--...is very much a thing in this setting. Orsted and his servants seem very bent on minimizing harm, and plenty of the party is or was evil. The morality of the city we're in is murky as well, although some in there are definitely evil.
Orcus On His Throne (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrcusOnHisThrone)--While Orsted has presumably gone out and cursed more people since his awakening, we the players haven't really seen him. That isn't as bad as it seems, though.
Blank Slate (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlankSlate)--All the victims of Lethe Water. The Fire Golem. The Alchemist after he dies and is brought back.
Jerkass (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Jerkass)--Velixiostega and the Alchemist. In fact, especially the Alchemist (he's responsible for the massive river of Lethe water in the city in the first place)
Hazy-Feel Turn (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HazyFeelTurn)--Gilliath and Velixiostega. Although Giliath might have actually been a Face.
The Stoic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheStoic)--Parzifal and to a lesser extent Gray.
Walking The Earth (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WalkingTheEarth)--Gray.
Psychopathic Manchild (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PsychopathicManchild)--Formerly Velixiostega, though recent encounters have changed things. He was without a doubt Type II.
Evil Feels Good (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilFeelsGood)--John Q. Public, without a doubt.
Laser-Guided Karma (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LaserGuidedKarma)--The Alchemist. He turned an entire river Lethe water and charged people an exorbitant fee just to temporarily reclaim some of their memories. Later on, he's |enslaved to Velixiostega, killed, and brought back to life with...(wait for it) no memory. | But then again..
Karma Houdini (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KarmaHoudini)--Orsted. He surrenders rather than fighting to the death against Parzifal and co, and is allowed to live and even keep some political power in the new Empire in exchange for lifting his curse.
You Killed My Father (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouKilledMyFather)--Completely Averted by Mr. Quackers when he finds his mother's killer. What instead happens is: he and the killer (Apparently a prominent noble) have a quick chat, where the killer explains that he wasn't aware at the time that horse-sized ducks were sapient, and that he'd be willing to do something to help Mr. Quackers out. Mr. Quackers, in turn, accepts the apology on the condition that noble and his city get laws passed to stop the further hunting of his kind.

I'm not done, I just need to go do stuff. But I'lll be baaaaaaaack...

Hunter Noventa
2014-10-28, 01:42 PM
Refuge In Audacity (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity) sums up all the campaigns where we get to higher levels. We have some skilled players who do some 'Awesome Optimization'. This means we build our characters to do awesome things, but have fun doing it. Lead a sentai team with customized combining human-piloted golems? Go toe-to-toe with the biggest badass in the setting one-on-one using nothing more than your ridiculously oversized Mind Blade? Stop a never-ending cycle of planar death and rebirth using quantum physics and a temporal causality loop? ALL IN THE SAME GAME.

SickBritKid
2014-11-04, 03:51 AM
Refuge In Audacity (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity) sums up all the campaigns where we get to higher levels. We have some skilled players who do some 'Awesome Optimization'. This means we build our characters to do awesome things, but have fun doing it. Lead a sentai team with customized combining human-piloted golems? Go toe-to-toe with the biggest badass in the setting one-on-one using nothing more than your ridiculously oversized Mind Blade? Stop a never-ending cycle of planar death and rebirth using quantum physics and a temporal causality loop? ALL IN THE SAME GAME.

So, in other words, your campaign is tabletop version of Gurren Lagann?

To add on a couple of tropes to my initial spread:

Theme Music Powerup: Whenever Logan does something awesome(generally rolling a double-critical with both his main and off-hand weapons), someone at the table immediately hits "Rules of Nature" when I roll up damage. This is a carryover from the second campaign our group runs, where BGM actually exists in the world we play in, and it wound up just getting carried over due to how appropo a song it is for a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Cecil's Theme Music Powerup? "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly.

Crowning Moment of Awesome: So many to count.
* The first has to be when Logan wiped the floor with a Fiendish Megaraptor using a single Full Attack before it could even Pounce. This was the first moment in Dinos and Demiplanes where Rules of Nature was used for such an occasion.
* The second had to be the moment where Oz enraptured an entire audience with his own rendition of "Let It Go" from Frozen.
* Third would be the time Cecil and Torcadall brawled with a drunken Tyrannosaurin in the back alley of a bar. Cecil almost bit it when Torcadall pulled off a Dynamic Entry and saved his life.

Totema
2014-11-04, 03:56 AM
I actually made a TVTropes page for one of my online PBP campaigns: Here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/LegendariesLost).

You can do that? That's a thing that the admins will allow? Because it might make managing my homebrew campaign a bit easier. (Or it might just be a colossal time sink for me.)

Hunter Noventa
2014-11-04, 09:57 AM
So, in other words, your campaign is tabletop version of Gurren Lagann?

It was a Gestalt game that mixed Pathfinder and 3.5 played by people with a high level of system mastery out to have the most fun possible.

So, in a word, yes.

eulmanis12
2014-11-04, 10:38 AM
Game is called D20verse, it's a homebrew that involves a lot of universe hopping

Power Trio/Fighter Rogue and Mage: A Sorceror, an NCR Ranger, and a Conan Style Barbarian

the Expy: the big bad is Waffen SS Obergrupenfurer Skotto Orzany who is totally not in any way Otto Skorzany,
also Wisconsin Pete who carried a revolver and bull whip, wore a fedora and was a fan of the "Whiskey Ploy"

Mad Scientist: Herr Doktor Professor Von Professorenstine

BFG: The automatic Gauss Rifle

Evil Brit: The Lord Sir Earl Knightsby Duke of Kingsbury

The Berserker: Skjaldor the Unfettered, a Viking Warchief/berserker

The Cameo: Appearences in game by Malcomb Reynolds, Han Solo, Milo Faulkner, Scooby and Shaggy, Saxton Hale, HAL 9000, Vasili Zytsev, William Shakespeare, Henry V, Teddy Roosevelt, and Roy Greenhilt among others

The Multiverse: The entire premise of the game is hopping between fictional and nonfictional settings with a party drawn from both

IN SPACE: when the party made a stopover in the Firefly Verse, again in a Galaxy Far Far Away, and a third time near one of the moons of Saturn.

NinjaRobotPirateZombie: Cyberneticly enhanced British Colonial troops with Pith Helmets and Red coats operating ATST's, using lighstabers as bayonets, and driving M1A1 Abrams tanks.

Indy Ploy: Wisconsin Pete's "Whiskey Ploy"

Shown Their Work: Every single real world firearm that came up into game was described and statted accurately to its actual design. Even the more obscure ones such as the Mars pistol, and Gyrojet firearms.

Apocalypse How: Antimatter bomb detonated in Red Square by aforementioned British Colonial Troops.

Cool Vs Awesome: Liberty Prime Vs ATAT

Bears are Bad News: Chewbacca riding into battle atop a Yau Guai

GrayGriffin
2014-11-04, 11:05 AM
You can do that? That's a thing that the admins will allow? Because it might make managing my homebrew campaign a bit easier. (Or it might just be a colossal time sink for me.)

You can pretty much make a trope page for anything. There's a bunch of pages for fanfics and I'm pretty sure quite a few of them were made by the author.

The Oni
2014-11-04, 11:13 AM
Blood Magic: Exists, is hella strong and is used to make weapons

Soul Jar/Our Souls Are Different: The Big Bad Necromancer's Favorite Toy

Time Skip: 12 years while the party was stuck in soul gems. One PC's daughter died in the meantime; he's not taking it well.

Anything That Moves: At least two PCs

The Many Deaths of You/Death Is Cheap: the party works for a Psychopomp death goddess so this is true for the party, but not anyone else, and...

Perma Death: ...It's not foolproof.

Leitmotif: Almost every character has one

Take A Third Option: The solution to many a Sadistic Choice

Yora
2014-11-04, 12:49 PM
Every campaign ever:

Aborted Arc

Sith_Happens
2014-11-04, 02:20 PM

Seeing as TV Tropes specifically does not have notability standards (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Administrivia/ThereIsNoSuchThingAsNotability), yes, you can.

Tengu_temp
2014-11-04, 03:27 PM

It's perfectly alright to create a page for your game, though preferably if it's an online one and a large-scale one that has at least a dozen participants or more. But for the love of everything, don't put your campaign as a listed example for tropes! It's just embarassing, and many people, myself included, facepalm hard when they see that an online RP maybe 50 people worlwide give a crap about is listed as an example for a whole buttload of tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/relatedsearch.php?term=Roleplay/SurvivalOfTheFittest).

Hyena
2014-11-04, 11:08 PM
But for the love of everything, don't put your campaign as a listed example for tropes!
Actually, do. It's sort of mandatory to cross-link your pages, and I was told by a moderator to do exactly that.

dethkruzer
2014-11-05, 01:39 PM
alright, starting off with my currently epic-level 3.5 campaign. In no particular order. Chances are I'll edit this later, maybe add something from my mekton zeta game as well.

First I'll start out with some main characters, allies, antagonists and terminology.
Sigmund: The PC and protagonist of the story, a CG Human Scout/Fighter/rogue/(I've lost track of all the classes) who uses the spiked chain.

Lakeem: A psion possesing three extremely different personallities. Long to adventuring companion to Sigmund. Suffered a horrific injury after clashing with the Mistress, and currently seems to be afflicted By some strange maladc.

Cog: A warfoged sorceror, long time friend and nigh-constant companion to Sigmund. While something of a hedonist, he seems to find no greater joy than bringing happiness and joy to others.

Miaul: A sancified vampire, once a minion of the Dark Mistress, she later turned to the side of good, but in the end paid the ultimate price.

Z'tal: A illithid eldritch knight, originally a close friend and advisor to Miaul, now second-in-command to Sigmund.

The Dark Mistress: he original Big Bad, an enigmatic being who rarely appeared, seemingly a vampire drow, but her powers stretched far beyond this, not much being known of her origins, or her motives.

Jacqeus: The Man behind the Man to the Mistress. Made his appearance after the Mistress died off-screen, and continues to taunt the player with his presence. Seemingly ancient as the world itslef, he has left behind plenty of powerful offspring, some of whom have also turned up to give the heroes a hard time. Curous By nature, he has little-to-no moral qualms about performig horrific experimens on sentient beings, sometimes even using his own children as guinea pigs.

Satori: One of Jacqeus' daughters, originally experimented on with an experimental super-soldier forumla that caused her to loose her sight, later still had a third eye grafted to give her back some form of visual sense.

Satori's older sister: Was subjected to the third eye graft before the process had been perfected. It didn't go all that well.

Ceres: A powerful female caster who later turned to side with Sigmund. Possesses impressive elemental powers, but her body is incredibly frail.

Darkroot: A type of plant originally from the Plane of shadows, has a rather unusual life-cycle, requiring a living host from the prime material plane in order to reproduce. the Mistress and Jacqeus both seem obsessed with these plants. Have been known to induce extreme transformations within the host.

The artifacts: Four artifacts each coresponding to one of the four elemtns, they all posses incredible power.

Tropes:

The Man Behind the man: Jacqeus is this to he Dark Mistress, revealing himself shortly after her death, and immediately establishes himself as even worse than the previous Big Bad.

Big Bad: First the Mistress, later Jacqeus

How much more can he take: A frenzied berserk minion once came to this. He got reduced to around 800 negative hit points, but would not die because of his frenzy. Quickly led to a rather hilarious case of...

Made of Explodium: After the frnzied berserker got hit By a calm emotions, he exploded in a cloud of red mist and gore.

Magitek: A city found was practically made from this and Steampunk.

Railroading: Arguably, a few floating dungeons had floating magical-crystal-turret-thingies that zapped anything that got too close floating around them, meaning they couldn't be approached By flying.

Disk One final boss: The first head-to-head encounter with the Mistress was arguably this, although due to plot, the heroes had no chance of winning.

Time Skip: Following the first fight with the Mistress, Sigmund had his soul forcibly removed and cut up into a bunch of pieces. It took eleven years for the recently heel-face turned Miaul to piece him back together and revive him

Super Toughness: One of the last minions the party faced prior to the second fight with the misstress. Following experimentations into immortality, the minion was left with the ability to live despite missing basically everything below the neck, and having a giant nail driven through it's head, and so insane that it basically could not feel pain. Bifurcation only slowed it down slightly. The heroes ended up decapitating it, cutting the body into a dozen pieces, and tossing the pieces out of the window on the flyhing fortress... then said flying fortress fell on top of the bits. Yes, the thing is still alive. Satori also Qualifies for this.

One Winged Angel: The Mistress did this three times in a row, albeit involuntarily The first form was a half-humanoid cocoon thing that mostly just threw spells around. This then hatched into a massive winged snake with haird and horns. The final form was a female torso that forcefully grew out of the snakes mouth, sporting the smake form hair and horns on her head, the wings on her arms, and the rest of the snakes tail as her own lower body.

Baleful Polymorph: The first thing Jacqeus did was turn Miaul into a monster driven only By it's ravenous hunger. This led to a...

Mercy Kill: After realizing that Miaul's concioussness was stuck within body of an unstoppable bioloical engine of destruction, With no other way of saving her, Sigmund put her out of her misery.

Cradling their kill: Sigmund to Miaul as she lay dying. She had enough time left to pass on controll ofThe Resistance to him, and expressing her unwillingness to brought back to life, before finally expiring. Big Tear Jerker moment.

Psycho Serum: Satori was subjected to an experimental super soldier serum, which, while it gave her strength, endurance, and speed far above what a normal human could reach, she lost the ability see all forms of light. Instead her eyes became able to see the emotions of intelligent being.

Technicolor eyes/Magical eye/Extra eyes: Satori qualifies for all of these. Her regular eyes are pink, and can see emotions. She has a third eye externally grafted to her nervous system via thick veins. Said third eye gives her precognitive abilities.

Eyes do not belong there: Satori and her older sister both. Imagine a fleshy bulb taken up mostly by a single large eye, which is attached to the body by thick veins that seem to vanish beneath you clothing.

Elemental Powers: Ceres has this in spades. Most of her spells are built off of one element, more powerful fuse two elements for interesting effects, and her most powerful spell mixes five elements.

Elemental Embodiment: Ceres' ultimate spells involves creating five crystalline copies of herself, each corresponding to one of the five basic elements she commands. Each copy can cast spells of their element independently of Ceres herself. She prefers not to use said spell unless absolutely necessary, as not only is it extremely demanding on a physical level, but it also requires a Philosophers stone as a material component.

Heel Face Turn: Miaul does this after Sigmund saves her from burning up when she accidentally exposed herself to sunlight, willingly accepting a Sanctify the Wicked spell. Satori later does this after Sigmund went through a great deal of trouble and money to get her eyes fixed.

Doesn't Know his own strength: Satori falls to this sometimes, including once breaking a mans arm after he tried to feed her a soup she disliked.

Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Sigmund suffered a rather unfortunate one of these after a punch from Satori broke right through his ribcage, impaling him on her arms.

Ludicrous Gibs: Sigmund suffered a rather unfortunate case of this when a certain person used an artifact to turn themself into a small ball of fire, forced themself down his throat, and promptly reformed within his torso. The only reason he actually survived the incident was because it was a friendly(?) sparring match, and the fact that a medical genius with enough gizmos and magical life support items was sitting on the sidelines just in case something like this were to happen.

Reality Warper: Satori's older sister received a third eye graft similar to her sister, unfortunately it had the unfortunate side-effect of making her hear the surface thoughts of just about everything within a few miles. She tried to make it shut up, and... sorta succeeded. The third eye was rendered useless, and she gained the ability to manipulate magical energies in all it's forms through sheer will alone, but she was also dirven irrecoverably bats=/t insane.

Psycho Prototype: Satori's older sister is this.

Stuff Blowing Up: Each of the artifacts can be used to launch some kind of special attack that usually culminates in this. If the "sutff" just so happened to be... oh I don't know, a bad guy who doesn't have Plot Armour, this will often overlap with Ludicrous Gibs. The fire artifacts especially likes to do this.

Beam Spam/Magic Missile Swarm: The Air Artifacts "Instant kill" involves the user firing around three dozen unstable dimensional anomalies at the enemy within the space of aobut four seconds.

BFG/Wave Motion Gun: The air artifact later gained the ability to fuse it's two smaller weapon components into a massive ballista-type-dealy, that, as showcased with it's first firing, fires a beam of solid death that was powerful enough to completely tear apart a floating island the wielder happened to be standing on.

Instant Armor: The fire artifacts appears as this in it's weapon mode.

Multi-armed and dangerous: The fire artifacts later gained the ability to create two additional pairs from the same material as the armor itself.

Simple Staff: The water artifact appears as this at first. Granted, it has more tricks up it's proverbial sleeves than one might imagine.

Puppet Fighter: The earth artifacts primary shtick. it creates a human-sized doll that could be commanded to do simple task. The puppet later developed rudimentary intellect, making it less dependant upon it's master

Empathic Weapon/Living Weapon/The Weapon Wiedls you: All four artifacts to some degree.

I'll add more on this later.

SickBritKid
2014-11-10, 05:25 AM
Chekov's Gun: I've been meticulously keeping track of the random magical odds and ends that we've found so far in the hope that some of them will become this. The most likely candidate? A small pile of hallucinogenic donuts.

Wait, what?

Tengu_temp
2014-11-10, 07:43 AM
Actually, do. It's sort of mandatory to cross-link your pages, and I was told by a moderator to do exactly that.

No. It's cluttering other pages with examples nobody except a tiny handful of people in the world gives a crap about. Even the most obscure of shows will have an audience bigger in magnitudes than your game. If someone cares about your game, they will read its trope page. But when I read the trope page for, say, Magificent Bastard, and one of the examples is "Character X in My Tiny PBP Game With 20 Players Y - and how!", it strikes me as an arrogant or desperate cry for attention.

Yes, do crosslink your game's page - to the list of games of its kind. Nowhere else. It's just my opinion, not an official TV Tropes policy... But I think some of that site's policies work to its detriment.

Rater202
2014-11-10, 09:27 AM
I've actually been considering making a trope page for a Roleplaying is Magic game I'm in.

I'll post a few tropes that are relevant to my PC, or his perspective.

Ambiguous Disorder, complete with Little Professor Dialog: Justified because his player has Asperger's and puts a bit of himself into his PCs
Gadgeteer Genius
The Smart Guy
Badass Adorable: This applies to all the PCs
Buffy Speak: In character picked up from Sabina blades, and sometimes used out of character to describe his gadgets
Hollywood Cyborg: Joked about but Subverted, his prosthesis is only about as good as a normal leg, though one of his goals in life is too make better ones.
The Heart: Gear considers Sabina Blades to be this.

DigoDragon
2014-11-10, 02:43 PM
I'll post a few tropes that are relevant to my PC, or his perspective.

A couple I'm proud of:

All Just a Dream (Played with. "Curse of Breezie Island" ends this way, but it turns out in the Stinger that everyone's memory was manipulated to believe that).
Wham Episode (It's revealed to the audience at the end of "Curse of Breezie Island" that Sabina's mother is still alive).

Sith_Happens
2014-11-10, 05:43 PM
Wait, what?

See, it's working, I'm already the only one who remembers that I stuffed a small plate of those things into my bag while we were on the island or that we found thirteen more of them in the castle for some reason.:smallamused:

Now all I need is a pestle and mortar...

Hyena
2014-11-10, 07:09 PM
No. It's cluttering other pages with examples nobody except a tiny handful of people in the world gives a crap about. Even the most obscure of shows will have an audience bigger in magnitudes than your game. If someone cares about your game, they will read its trope page. But when I read the trope page for, say, Magificent Bastard, and one of the examples is "Character X in My Tiny PBP Game With 20 Players Y - and how!", it strikes me as an arrogant or desperate cry for attention.

Yes, do crosslink your game's page - to the list of games of its kind. Nowhere else. It's just my opinion, not an official TV Tropes policy... But I think some of that site's policies work to its detriment.

Well, if it annoys you so much, you can personally not do it. I, however, will obey what the moderators personally say to me. Yes, a moderator actually wrote me to crosslink every trope I have on my page. I'm not joking here.

Esprit15
2014-11-10, 07:12 PM
Hm...
Arcran's Team Rocket
Darker and Edgier (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkerAndEdgier): A common trend in PTA games but at times turned up to 11 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UpToEleven), like when Stacy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveInterestTraitor) turned on Romeo (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MeaningfulName) and the party because his abnormally good looks (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCharmer) were not so pretty in disguise. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CriticalFailure) So she sold him out to a hitman who was hired to punish him (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OverprotectiveDad) due to events (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwinThreesomeFantasy) in his introduction (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DynamicEntry).

Crapsack World (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrapsackWorld): Very, very often, for arbitrary reasons at times. In universe, Red and Blue were killed (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeroDies) once they went into Silph. East Saffron and West Saffron are heavily segregated to prevent murder in the streets. Wild encounters (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrapsackWorld) will very quickly try to kill you. Viridian Forest (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLostWoods) is a death trap (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontGoInTheWoods) of Weedle trapping people in web (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllWebbedUp) and poisoning them.

Former Child Star (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FormerChildStar): Paul Ticker, aka
Youngster Joey when he was in his prime, was a big, famous battler when he was younger, but now only has his Scraggy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HowTheMightyHaveFallen) with him due to selling most of his team to feed his drug habits.

Born Unlucky (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BornUnlucky): Gerald. The player had a list of Pokémon that he had lost due to stupidly unlucky circumstances. Often played for laughs (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayedForLaughs), since it was only backstory.

Chivalrous Pervert (unlinked since I'm unsure if the page would be approved by mods): Romeo again. He'd try to bed just about anything that caught his eye, but always was up front about things not being serious. Later became a lady killer in love (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LadykillerInLove) with one of the other PC's.

-
Nope, can't keep going. Too much TV tropes.

Rater202
2014-11-10, 08:32 PM
A couple I'm proud of:

All Just a Dream (Played with. "Curse of Breezie Island" ends this way, but it turns out in the Stinger that everyone's memory was manipulated to believe that).
Wham Episode (It's revealed to the audience at the end of "Curse of Breezie Island" that Sabina's mother is still alive).

That was more of a Wham Line.

Badass: He got his Cutie Mark for launching the payload of a Trebuchet at a very very very convincing Nightmare Moon Cosplayer
Dark and Troubled Past: Gear has this, part and parsel of being a Crystal Pony
Fish out of Temporal Water: Ditto
Early Installment Weirdness: In the first few episodes, Gear refers to his parents as "Mom and Dad" not "Mother and Father", and in the first episode referred to Spike as "Spike", and not "The Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious"
The base work marches on: In the second case, Spike hadn't been revealed to have that title in the crystal empire yet.
Black and White Morality:m Gear belives in this, but he's slowly growing out of it. Notably, Gear initially thought that all dragons were heroes because one defeated King Sombra. Even later, he has trouble beliving that Spark's abusive siblings are really his family because "Family loves each other. They don't hurt each other like that." And he point blank refuses to believe in Nightmare Moon.

MesiDoomstalker
2014-11-10, 08:35 PM
Hm...
Arcran's Team Rocket
Darker and Edgier (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkerAndEdgier): A common trend in PTA games but at times turned up to 11 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UpToEleven), like when Stacy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveInterestTraitor) turned on Romeo (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MeaningfulName) and the party because his abnormally good looks (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCharmer) were not so pretty in disguise. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CriticalFailure) So she sold him out to a hitman who was hired to punish him (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OverprotectiveDad) due to events (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwinThreesomeFantasy) in his introduction (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DynamicEntry).

Crapsack World (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrapsackWorld): Very, very often, for arbitrary reasons at times. In universe, Red and Blue were killed (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeroDies) once they went into Silph. East Saffron and West Saffron are heavily segregated to prevent murder in the streets. Wild encounters (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrapsackWorld) will very quickly try to kill you. Viridian Forest (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLostWoods) is a death trap (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontGoInTheWoods) of Weedle trapping people in web (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllWebbedUp) and poisoning them.

Former Child Star (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FormerChildStar): Paul Ticker, aka
Youngster Joey when he was in his prime, was a big, famous battler when he was younger, but now only has his Scraggy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HowTheMightyHaveFallen) with him due to selling most of his team to feed his drug habits.

Born Unlucky (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BornUnlucky): Gerald. The player had a list of Pokémon that he had lost due to stupidly unlucky circumstances. Often played for laughs (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayedForLaughs), since it was only backstory.

Chivalrous Pervert (unlinked since I'm unsure if the page would be approved by mods): Romeo again. He'd try to bed just about anything that caught his eye, but always was up front about things not being serious. Later became a lady killer in love (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LadykillerInLove) with one of the other PC's.

-
Nope, can't keep going. Too much TV tropes.

You forgot two people!
The Smart Guy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSmartGuy): Ethan Halsey, with a terminal case of Nerd Glasses (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NerdGlasses) and Mad Scientist (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropesOnScienceAndUnscience). An insufferable (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsufferableGenius), self-centric (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narcissist)blowhard (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Technobabble).

Cyborg (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cyborg): Ethan's ultimate aspiration. He experimented (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ProfessorGuineaPig)on himself first (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArtificialLimbs), before his Pokemon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnwillingRoboticisation).

Lucid Dreams (no TvTropes page, oddly): After being knocked unconscious by Team Galatic. Includes Talking Animals Pokemon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingAnimal), and Reason You Suck Speech (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheReasonYouSuckSpeech) from his own pokemon and some deep revelations (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InferioritySuperiorityComplex)to his character.

Batman Grabs a Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BatmanGrabsAGun): Don't mess with his dog.

Kick The Dog (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheDog): Nearly literally, when his Growlithe was 'recruited' by a pack of wild Growlithes.

Smart People Build Robots (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmartPeopleBuildRobots): Gerald. Big ones (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mecha).

Chokhov's Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun): Quite a few. A Pickup roll that didn't get fullfilled with a Moon Stone till just as we started looking for one. A mysterious green orb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MacGuffin)found in the carcass of a Cyborg-Skorupi, which saved Saffron City from becoming Steelupi chow.

Backstab (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BackStab): attempted, but not foiled.

The Cartel: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCartel) Team Rocket, which Ethan would become The Leader (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLeader)of. Eventually.

Raimun
2014-11-11, 01:03 AM
Blood Knight - Too many of my characters to count. :smallcool:

Esprit15
2014-11-11, 02:00 AM
You forgot two people!
The Smart Guy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSmartGuy): Ethan Halsey, with a terminal case of Nerd Glasses (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NerdGlasses) and Mad Scientist (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropesOnScienceAndUnscience). An insufferable (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsufferableGenius), self-centric (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narcissist)blowhard (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Technobabble).

Cyborg (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cyborg): Ethan's ultimate aspiration. He experimented (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ProfessorGuineaPig)on himself first (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArtificialLimbs), before his Pokemon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnwillingRoboticisation).

Lucid Dreams (no TvTropes page, oddly): After being knocked unconscious by Team Galatic. Includes Talking Animals Pokemon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingAnimal), and Reason You Suck Speech (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheReasonYouSuckSpeech) from his own pokemon and some deep revelations (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InferioritySuperiorityComplex)to his character.

Batman Grabs a Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BatmanGrabsAGun): Don't mess with his dog.

Kick The Dog (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheDog): Nearly literally, when his Growlithe was 'recruited' by a pack of wild Growlithes.

Smart People Build Robots (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmartPeopleBuildRobots): Gerald. Big ones (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mecha).

Chokhov's Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun): Quite a few. A Pickup roll that didn't get fullfilled with a Moon Stone till just as we started looking for one. A mysterious green orb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MacGuffin)found in the carcass of a Cyborg-Skorupi, which saved Saffron City from becoming Steelupi chow.

Backstab (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BackStab): attempted, but not foiled.

The Cartel: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCartel) Team Rocket, which Ethan would become The Leader (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLeader)of. Eventually.
You said I missed two but only mentioned one. :smallwink:

Mind over Matter (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MindOverMatter): Artemis Frerin, in both senses of the word. The girl was Made of Iron (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MadeOfIron), and a Runaway (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheRunaway), because as we all know, only (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SarcasmMode) people with unhealthy childhoods decide to join criminal organizations.

Why Did It Have to be Snakes? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyDidItHaveToBeSnakes): Hexes trigger some rather traumatic memories, to the point that a friend casting them made her go full on panic mode.

First Love (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FirstLove): Had a rather Tsundere (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere) relationship to Romeo early on, but softened to the point that it was clear that she was just lonely (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IJustWantToHaveFriends).

Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds): As it turns out, Fantastic Racism (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasticRacism) against Psychics tends to get people hurt by said Psychics. Lead to a couple of cases of I Just Want to be Normal (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IJustWantToBeNormal).

Angst? What Angst? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AngstWhatAngst): Because being angry and brooding all the time is bad for a party game.

Abusive Parents (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbusiveParents): Her mom

Hand Waving (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandWave): How did a teenager travel alone all the way from Unova to Kanto (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrazySurvivalist) when literally everything in nature wants you dead? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontGoInTheWoods) Simple: Players never asked about the setting tone and the GM never told us. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoorCommunicationKills)

Berserk Button (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BerserkButton): Aquilla, her Rufflet, when she thought he was killed.

DigoDragon
2014-11-11, 08:58 AM
That was more of a Wham Line.

Well there was a few lines, cause there's also the reveal that:

Amber broke Cera out of jail to help her alter everyone's memories.
Amber and Cera not only know each other, but worked together on Cera's ultimate potion.

Rater202
2014-11-11, 10:56 AM
Well there was a few lines, cause there's also the reveal that:

Amber broke Cera out of jail to help her alter everyone's memories.
Amber and Cera not only know each other, but worked together on Cera's ultimate potion.

Okay then.

Like Brother and Sister: Gear thinks of Sabina this way, and she reciprocates once she learns it's how he thinks.
Mood Killer:...Though Gear comments that it might get weird.
Ship Tease: Accidentally on the part of Gear, most notably once with Adepha and once with Sabina. In Adepha's case, Gear clarified what he meant.
Shipper on Deck: Gear ships official couple Spadepha(Spark+Adepha) as well as Shipping Sabenn(Sabina with NPC Tenn Pence)

DigoDragon
2014-11-12, 09:16 AM
When I played as The Great and Powerful Trixie in a superhero campaign:

Third-Person Person: Constantly, though she dropped the act if she got flustered. "Trixie is not amused by your pretentious attitude around her."
Large Ham: Was there any doubt? A lot of her boasting stemmed from the fact she was a magical unicorn stranded in an otherwise mundane world.
Incoming Ham: When Trixie showed up at MIT to be a distraction. "Gather around, Institutional Losers, Trixie is going to educate you!"
Ham-to-Ham Combat: Any time Trixie and Agent James get into an argument. Which happened to occur quite often.
Reckless Gun Usage: Paul the alien didn't think it would be a problem to give the unicorn a gun without any training.
I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: Guess what happened to a $2 Mil painting when Trixie figured out the safety?
More Dakka: Occured three times in the campaign- River Song with a pair of Uzis, Trixie with an assault rifle, and Agent James with an M249 SAW.

GPuzzle
2014-11-12, 12:37 PM
I'm genuinely wondering about the Majestic Twelve, Digo.

And I do remember Trixie! The best quote from that campaign was from Paul's player: "I need to roll a 2 on a 3d6 to suceed." I didn't know why I laughed so much.

DigoDragon
2014-11-12, 09:20 PM
I'm genuinely wondering about the Majestic Twelve, Digo.

The M-12 Tropified~

Badass Longcoat: Galileo wore a red one.
BFG: Ian's Thunderstruck gauss rifle and Snowfire's minigun.
Cat Girl: Sophia was one in looks only, despite the teasing the other teammates gave her.
Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Daphne (for always thinking up weird stuff), and Danny (for always doing the weird stuff).
Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being gun-toting Runners, the team usually sided on doing more good than harm.
Deadpan Snarker: Everyone had their moments, but the masters were Sophia and Blackwolf.
Intrepid Reporter: Zelda became a Runner to create her own stories for publishing!
Jack of All Stats: Fox and Galileo were the most balanced members. They were also the team medics. Coincidence?
Monster Clown: Danny was once described as 'If Ronald McDonald snapped and joined the Kiss band'.
More Dakka: Everyone on the team at one point hosed someone or something with bullets.
Nerd: Henry, the team hacker. Had all his program agents sorted by file size and compile date.
Not What It Looks Like: The team walked in on Zelda and Daphne together in the shower. The girls were trying to fix the shower head with the water running.
One-Man Army: Snowfire, a dragon capable of wielding a minigun without a harness and having a Body score that could soak small caliber bullets before armor.
Red Oni, Blue Oni: Daphne & Sophia, Super Joe & Blackwolf
Rule of Cool: A bread & butter staple of the campaign.
The Medic: Fox and Galileo as previously mentioned. Oddly, Galileo was the only one who took the Hippocratic oath, but Fox followed it better.
Trigger Happy: Super Joe, Blackwolf, Hugo, Danny, Daphne, and Snowfire.
Vitriolic Best Buds: Blackwolf and Snowfire had a brother-bond thing going.
When All You Have Is a Hammer: Any problem that could not be solved by shooting it often left Hugo and Super Joe baffled.
You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Daphne's hair was a dark shade of blue. Rydia sported green hair.

Rater202
2014-11-15, 11:52 AM
If Slice of Life is Magic had a Shout outs page:

In Nightmare Night Nightmares, Gear's costume is The Engineer (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/TeamFortress2)

Later, he responds to a question on the topic of improvisation by mentioning a Show at one of the Crystal Fairs involving a troupe of performers who took suggestions from the audience-He then mentions that show he saw had the preformers do something about cats and asks if anypony present knows what a burnoose is (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/WhoseLineisitAnyway)

Later still, Sabina comments that Gear keeps giggling at the word "Trebuchet" before saying that she doesn't think it means what he thinks it means. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/ThePrincessBride)

Even Later, Sabina says "Gang, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/PinkyAndTheBrain) to which Gear responds "I think so, but where are we going to get 30 hoofs of copper wire, a ball of yarn, a head of lettuce, and a piece of quarts at this time of night? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/TheElderScrollsIVOblivion)"