PDA

View Full Version : Psionics Question.

m149307
2014-10-25, 06:13 PM
I was thinking of building an Ardent that uses the Pain and Suffering mantle ability along with the Elan resilience ability... but I realized that both are immediate actions and thus cannot be used at the same time. Any suggestions on how to abuse the mantle ability or make this work?

Rubik
2014-10-25, 06:47 PM
I was thinking of building an Ardent that uses the Pain and Suffering mantle ability along with the Elan resilience ability... but I realized that both are immediate actions and thus cannot be used at the same time. Any suggestions on how to abuse the mantle ability or make this work?Ignore the Pain and Suffering mantle ability and do something else?

+1 to attack and damage for allies within a very short range isn't exactly something to get excited about.

[edit] It's even worse than I thought.

m149307
2014-10-25, 07:36 PM
Its not that bad for a gladiator campaign with a lot of melee.

Rubik
2014-10-25, 08:46 PM
Its not that bad for a gladiator campaign with a lot of melee.I'd rather save it for the elan ability.

You could use both abilities in the same round if you use the pain and suffering mantle during your turn (using up your swift action) and save the elan resilience for outside your turn (which uses your next round's swift action).

Rubik
2014-10-25, 08:51 PM
If you can somehow fit in the ruby knight vindicator PrC, you could use that for additional swift actions (and thus additional immediate actions).

Psyren
2014-10-25, 09:55 PM
Synad can also get an extra swift 1/day.

But I agree with Rubik, there are much better mantle abilities out there (e.g. Deception, Time, Fate, Mental Power, and Repose.) For a more martial Ardent, I would also consider Conflict, Guardian or Justice.

Arcanist
2014-10-25, 11:30 PM
If you can somehow fit in the ruby knight vindicator PrC, you could use that for additional swift actions (and thus additional immediate actions).

If you're willing to dip cleric levels (something I always recommend mind you), you can go Psychic Theurge which Ardent is bloodied amazing at. May be a bit feat heavy for what you're looking at (Martial Strike, Martial Stance and Practiced Manifester just to qualify for Ruby Knight), but it'll get the job done in the long run.

Good luck in the Arena.