PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mythic Monster Showroom

Duboris
2014-10-26, 02:36 AM
Hi guys! Duboris here, and I just wanted to start emptying my list of Mythical Homebrew monsters I've used in my campaigns as of late. I do take requests, but I should make a heads up accordingly.
- If the book doesn't exist for Hero lab, I likely will not use it.
- Avoidance of Third Party rules.
- Monsters sacrifice 2 mythic path abilities per homebrew ability bonus.
- Please Specify CR.

Another thing to consider is that in my mythic campaigns the players are always given what I refer to as "Mythic Base Stats" which mean they have 3 18's, 2 16's and a 14. They also begin each game at level 13 with 180,000 gold, and no item can be bought that's worth more than 75,000. This still allows them to buy plenty of whacky things, however, and I imagine it's a number crunchers dream. With that said, I'll explain something else.

The Tier System
In my campaigns, with stark exceptions, there exist at, at the least, 2 variants of every type of monster. Generally these monsters go in this particular manner. For example, I'll use the 3 "Support Elementals" in my dungeon: The Library of Icy Silence.

Tier 1 - The Small Elementals have levels in Inquisitor, and assist their higher tiered companions with Teamwork feats that interrupt potential focusing. Intercept Charge, Ice Shape, and Shield Other not only cause frustration, but force players to have to defeat them, or dispel their abilities. The elementals also cast Flurry of Snowballs at Will, provided they're ignored for more than a round.

Tier 2 - The Medium Elementals take the form of Icy Pylons. (These are Ice Elementals, btw.) These Elementals avoid confrontation, and turn invisible at the sight or sound of alien noises in the Library. The elementals avoid attacking and breaking their invisibility, but make it a point to always be in the presence of more offense oriented Elementals. (Those not in the support tree.) They cast Shield other and Mythic Cure Critical Wounds on anything that's severely damaged, and avoid healing the smaller elementals. With Faith's Reach they can do this from a distance. They're also capable of, once per day, casting Icy Prison. Magical Template

Tier 3 - The Lord of the Support Tier, this elemental, once sound invades the Library, uses it's Mythic Power to find the source. Once it does, it uses it's at-will Dimensional Door to arrive in a combat, and cast Protection From Energy Communal, and if possible, Resist Energy Communal Fire. If the enemies seem set on a particular energy source, however, (and only after it's watched them for some time) it will cast a different from of energy. It can only do both spells twice a day. It's other spell is Blessing of Fervor, which it saves for the Tier 3 Fighting Elemental on the third floor. It avoids combat, until the Tier 3 Fighter is attacked, at which point it joins, and uses its mythic power to cast the cold-equivalent of Flame Strike, saving it's 1/day Heal to rejuvenate the Fighting Elemental.

Does this mean your monster will be split into 3 variants? Most likely not, but having the CR difference is great for putting together combat that don't just have one monster. All of these mythic creatures that I'll be making assume that the party is of 5 players, and are never caught alone, or unprepared. In a mythic campaign, action economy is god, and if I can 1-turn Deskari in Wrath of the Righteous, these better be something that can take a licking from the players.

Some Facts to Note
With 180,000 starting gold, and 6 tiers, a mythic character can have a starting stat score of 38. 3 level stats, 6 ability score increases, a Headband, a +2 from race, 1 tome of +1 to stat. This means that saves from a DC maxing wizard can go as high as 35. These monsters do not cope with that, but at the very least they'll have saves of +20 in atleast 1 score, or a plethora of particular immunities, and sometimes at the cost of Mythic Feats or Powers. Or even stat increases.

How I trade out.
When making a creature with an ability that isn't in Hero Lab, or placeable in the original file, I have to type it out, or copy it from the description text in the original portfolio. Generally, I like to exchange untaken Mythic Feats or Mythic Powers, or even stat increases for these. One Particular example is in my first creature I'll show you, the Stairkeeper Iron Golem. He's mythic Tier 6, but one of his Mythic Powers is intentionally not taken, and replaced with "Titan's Grip" which is basically DnD's Monkey Grip. However he's also missing a mythic feat, and to make matters worse, as a result of that, his breath attack now casts a 20 radius slow spell that uses his strength modifier in the DC, raising it rather high. That's reasonable however, against these parties.

Mythic Tiers and CR
A Cr 20 monster with 10 mythic Tiers is technically a Cr 25, but with free powers can go as high as 28. Mythic tiers fantastically increase the power of your creatures, and I advise never giving a monster 2 more Mythic Tiers than your party is working with. I will rarely make above a 6 for my party of Tier 5's. For non-creatures, 2 levels to 1 Mythic Tier works very well.

Description
If you read nothing else, at least read this. I am terrifically bad at creating from-scratch monsters. I haven't gotten to the point yet where I can forge the great big meanies with 37 CR without killing a party of proper level. I have never played a 20+ game and I frankly never intend to, so never expect anything about a Cr 25 using a base creature. I am, however, very good at modifying particular creatures with fancy new abilities and making variants. That said, anything you, as a person, suggest to me needs to have, in Bold 1-3 special abilities you'd like. Not with DC's or anything, but just the descriptions of what they do. Nothing too lengthy and fantastical, just a simple "If so and so fails a save, this happens. If he makes it, this minor effect happens." The skill WILL get a description in the final spoiled version.

And with no further ado, my first, simple example, with many more to come. The Stairkeeper Golems. (Also all monsters will have an etymology section to explain what they do in key dungeons, or how they can work. Nothing too long, mind you.)

CR 16
XP 76,800
Golem, iron Champion 6 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 162)
N Large construct
Init +5; Senses blindsense 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 30, touch 8, flat-footed 28 (-1 dexterity, +22 natural, -1 size)
hp 260 (20d10+60)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +6
Defensive Abilities hard to kill, mythic saving throws; DR 15/adamantine; Immune construct traits, immunity to magic
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee +2 spiked gauntlet +39(1d6+16) or
. . +2 heavy mace +34/+29/+24/+19 (2d6+24) or
. . unarmed strike +32/+27/+22/+17 (1d4+15 nonlethal) or
. . 2 slams +27 (2d10+22/19-20)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks breath weapon, mythic power (15/day, surge +1d8+1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 40, Dex 9, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Base Atk +18; CMB +34; CMD 43
Feats Maximize Surge[M], Potent Surge[M]
SQ amazing initiative, force of will, recuperation
Other Gear +1 spiked gauntlet, +2 heavy mace
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Always a Chance (Ex) You don’t automatically miss when you roll a 1 on an attack roll.
Amazing Initiative (1/round) (Ex) As a free action, use 1 power to gain an extra standard action (can't be used to cast a spell).
Blindsense (30 feet) (Ex) Sense things and creatures without seeing them.
Blowback (60 ft.) (Ex) As standard action, use 1 power to make an attack that knocks foe back & deals dam if hit solid object.
Breath Weapon (DC 19) (Su) As a free action once every 1d4+1 rounds, an iron golem can exhale a 10-foot cube of poisonous gas. This gas cloud persists for 1 round; any creature within the area when the golem creates it (as well as any creature that passes through the cloud dur
Damage Reduction (15/adamantine) You have Damage Reduction against all except Adamantine attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Display of Strength (Su) As a free action, use 1 power for +20 to a Str skill or check, longer for encumberance.
Ever Ready (+6, 2 AoO/round) (Ex) Add tier to AoO attack & damage rolls, make AoO while flat-footed, additional AoO.
Force of Will (Ex) As an immediate action, use 1 power to reroll any d20, or force non-mythic to reroll.
Hard to Kill (Ex) Automatically stabilize when dying, and only die at neg Con x 2.
Immunity to Ability Damage Immunity to ability damage
Immunity to Ability Drain Immunity to ability drain
Immunity to Bleeds You are immune to bleeds.
Immunity to Death and Necromancy effects You are immune to Death and Necromancy effects.
Immunity to Disease You are immune to diseases.
Immunity to Energy Drain Immune to energy drain
Immunity to Exhausted You are immune to the exhausted condition.
Immunity to Fatigue You are immune to the fatigued condition.
Immunity to Magic (Ex) An iron golem is immune to spells or spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance. Certain spells and effects function differently against it, as noted below.

• A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows an iron golem (as the slow
Immunity to Mind-Affecting effects You are immune to Mind-Affecting effects.
Immunity to Non-lethal Damage You are immune to Non-Lethal Damage
Immunity to Paralysis You are immune to paralysis.
Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.
Immunity to Sleep You are immune to sleep effects.
Immunity to Stunning You are immune to being stunned.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Maximize Surge [Mythic, 1/day] Use 2 power to treat surge as though rolled max result.
Mythic Power (15/day, Surge +1d8+1) Use this power to perform your mythic abilities.
Mythic Saving Throws (Ex) A successful save negates all effects from a non-mythic source.
Potent Surge [Mythic] Add 1 to the result of any surge roll.
Recuperation (Ex) Fully heal after 8 hrs rest, use 1 power and 1 hr to heal half and restore all non-mythic abilities.
Sudden Attack (Ex) As a swift action, use 1 power to make melee att, roll twice with +6 bonus and bypass all DR.
Surge (1d8+1) (Su) Use 1 power to increase any d20 roll by the listed amount.

Mythic Special Abilities
Halting Long Arm - the Stairkeeper Golem has one three-sectioned arm that it always uses for attacks of opportunity. It does not use this arm to attack any foe within 10 feet, as it's Heavy Mace is far more punishing. Any enemy struck by the arm ceases it's move action for that turn as the gauntlet stops their progress.
Titan Grip - The Stairkeeper Golem's mace is treated as though it were wielded with 2 hands instead of 1 at all times, as this metal limb was made quite powerful. It is capable of wielding a 2 handed weapon in 1 hand. A Stairkeeper Golem never uses its slam attacks unless it's been disarmed.
Shock Absorber - If a Stairkeeper Golem willingly does so in pursuit of trespassers, it doesn't take falling damage from the first 100 foot of a fall, and doesn't need to make acrobatics checks to stay standing. It takes regular damage if knocked off in some way.

Etymology
The Stairkeeper Golem stands readily in stark defense of any that would attempt to ascend the Citadel of Iron. Atop the ramparts, these golems make it their mission to bludgeon any and all who come within 30 feet of them. Created and wished to higher power by the Legendary Efreeti Wizard of Metal to defend his Citadel, these constructs are amazingly powerful, and do their master's will even after he is long dead.

Tactics
The golems surge to life and use mythic power every round they're not dormant. The golems are well-pronounced when it comes to combat tactics, and strictly ignore wizards and spellcasters, attempting to cripple those that could do them real harm. The golems are aware that only those of great power could even make it into the Citadel, and as a result understand that they're vulnerable to immunity-removing effects. As a result, anyone that appears "Poorly Armored", the golem attempts to keep at a 15 foot distance, so that it can strike them with it's Long arm, as well as halt their escape.

The golem uses surge to improve it's attack rolls every round, and uses it's breathe attack at every opportunity, often aiming for more agile characters. The golem also uses Amazing Initiative every round. This means that it uses 5 mythic power a round or more, if it reflexively attacks. The golem is a fan of full attacks, and given the opportunity will use them when it can. If a golem is out on the ramparts, it will attempt to use blowback to knock them off the walls. A golem will not chase a larger group, knowing that more of it's kind are ahead, but will kill all that are in it's immediate presence before following them. A golem is often active for 2 rounds and a partial third before it shuts down mid round.

If the enemies jumped off the rafters or got knocked off, it will jump off after them if they aren't flying, but aren't foolish enough to jump to their demise. Golems intentionally try to land on enemies when falling. The reflex to avoid a golem's fall is 28, but the damage is always 2d6 per 10 fallen, maxing at 20d6 bludgeoning damage.

A golem can only last as long as it has Mythic Power, and ceases to function when it runs out. A golem always uses it's last 2 mythic power to maximize a surge attack roll. The golem must wait an entire 15 rounds to regain it's mythic power, but once it does it is back at full and immediately pursues it's foes. A Golem that doesn't attack gains 1 mythic power per round it doesn't attack.

Efreeti Forgemaster CR 11
XP 12,800
Genie, efreeti fighter 1/Guardian 5 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 140)
LE Large outsider (extraplanar, fire)
Init +18; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 25, touch 15, flat-footed 19 (+4 dexterity, +2 dodge, +10 natural, -1 size)
hp 180 (11d10+70)
Fort +13, Ref +15, Will +13
Defensive Abilities hard to kill, mythic saving throws; Immune fire
Weakness vulnerability to cold
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Melee +1 flaming bill +19/+14/+9 (2d6+13/×3 plus 3d6 fire) or
. . unarmed strike +18/+13/+8 (1d4+8 nonlethal)
Special Attacks change size, heat, mythic power (13/day, surge +1d8)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 11th; concentration +13)
. . Constant—detect magic
. . At will—plane shift (willing targets to elemental planes, astral plane, or material plane only) (DC 17), produce flame, pyrotechnics (DC 14), scorching ray
. . 3/day—invisibility, wall of fire
. . 1/day—gaseous form
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 27, Dex 19, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 15
Base Atk +11; CMB +20; CMD 36
Feats Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes[M], Deceitful, Dodge[M], Improved Initiative[M], Master Craftsman, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (scorching ray)
Skills Bluff +20, Craft (Arms and Armor) +14, Disguise +10, Fly +14, Intimidate +15, Perception +16, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +9
Languages Aquan, Auran, Common, Ignan, Terran; telepathy 100 ft.
SQ amazing initiative, change shape, recuperation
Other Gear +1 flaming bill, amulet of natural armor +2, cloak of resistance +4
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Absorb Blow (25 damage) (Su) As an imm action, use 1 power when dam to absorb listed amount to gain epic DR and Resist.
Amazing Initiative (1/round) (Ex) As a free action, use 1 power to gain an extra standard action (can't be used to cast a spell).
Change Shape (humanoid or giant, alter self or giant form I) (Su) You can change your form.
Change Size (DC 17) (Sp) Twice per day, an efreeti can magically change a creature's size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the efreeti chooses when using the ability), except that the ability can work on the efreeti. A DC 13 Fortitude save nega
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
Combat Reflexes [Mythic] As a swift action, use 1 power for movement AoO vs foes who already provoked one for moving.
Dodge [Mythic] Use 1 power to gain a +10 dodge bonus against one attack.
Ever Ready (+5, 1 AoO/round) (Ex) Add tier to AoO attack & damage rolls, make AoO while flat-footed, additional AoO.
Flight (40 feet, Perfect) You can fly!
Hard to Kill (Ex) Automatically stabilize when dying, and only die at neg Con x 2.
Heat (Ex) An efreeti's body deals 1d6 points of fire damage whenever it hits in melee, or in each round it grapples. The efreet (singular efreeti) are genies from the Plane of Fire. An efreeti stands about 12 feet tall and weighs about 2,000 pounds.
Immunity to Fire You are immune to fire damage.
Improved Initiative [Mythic] When rolling initiative, use 1 power to treat the roll as a natural 20.
Master Craftsman (Craft [Arms and Armor]) +2 to chosen craft skill, its ranks count as CL for Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item.
Mythic Power (13/day, Surge +1d8) Use this power to perform your mythic abilities.
Mythic Saving Throws (Ex) A successful save negates all effects from a non-mythic source.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Quicken Spell-Like Ability (Scorching Ray, 3/day) Spell-like ability is cast as a swift action up to 3/day.
Recuperation (Ex) Fully heal after 8 hrs rest, use 1 power and 1 hr to heal half and restore all non-mythic abilities.
Retributive Reach (Ex) Threatened area increases by 5 ft. Spend 1 power to add tier to AoO attack and damage.
Surge (1d8) (Su) Use 1 power to increase any d20 roll by the listed amount.
Telepathy (100 feet) (Su) Communicate telepathically if the target has a language.
Vulnerability to Cold You are vulnerable (+50% damage) to Cold damage.

Mythic Special Abilities
True Heat - An Efreeti Forgemaster venerates fire in all it's forms, and it's weapons seethe with white heat. While in the posession of an Efreeti Forgemaster, the flaming property does 3d6 instead of 1d6.
Inner Fire - Once per day an Efreeti Forgemaster can use Mythic Cl 10 Fireball, but doing so costs him his true heat ability. In addition to the effects of mythic fireball, everything in the AoE is treated as if under the effects of blur as the heat shimmers and warps the images within for 1 round. This ability replaces the Efreet's ability to increase in size, as well as it's Major Image spell-like ability.

Etymology
The Efreet within the Citadel of Iron work tirelessly day and night to forge their late master's creations. They respond harshly, what few of them their are, to invaders and set about readying the various defenses within the fortress. They can defend themselves properly in a fight, however, and make it a point to do so, having learned from their master how to truly harness their inner fire.

Raveen, the Corrupted Solar CR 23
XP 819,200
Corrupted Angel, solar
NE Large outsider (angel, extraplanar, Evil)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +32
Aura protective (20 ft.)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 38, touch 19, flat-footed 32 (+4 deflection, +5 dexterity, +1 dodge, +19 natural, -1 size)
hp 479 (22d10+264); regeneration 15 (evil artifacts, effects and spells)
Fort +29, Ref +17, Will +26; +4 vs. poison
DR 15/epic, 15/Good; Immune acid, cold, petrification; Resist electricity 10, fire 10; SR 34
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft., fly 150 ft. (good)
Melee +3 dancing unholy longsword +32/+27/+22/+17 (2d6+12/19-20 plus 2d6 vs. good) or
. . unarmed strike +29/+24/+19/+14 (1d4+9 nonlethal) or
. . slam +24 (2d8+4)
Ranged +5 composite longbow +30/+25/+20/+15 (2d6+14/×3)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 20th; concentration +27)
. . Constant—detect good, detect snares and pits, discern lies (DC 20), true seeing
. . At will—Aid, animate objects, commune, continual flame, dimensional anchor, greater dispel magic, Unholy smite (DC 21), imprisonment (DC 26), invisibility (self only), lesser restoration, Curse, Lesser, Poison, Cause, resist energy, speak with dead (DC 20), summon monster VII, waves of fatigue
. . 3/day—blade barrier (DC 23), earthquake, Harm, mass charm monster (DC 23), permanency, resurrection, waves of exhaustion
. . 1/day—greater restoration, power word blind, power word kill, power word stun, prismatic spray, Wish
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 20th; concentration +28)
. . 9th—etherealness, implosion (DC 27), overwhelming presence{super}UM{/super} (DC 27), polar midnight{super}UM{/super} (DC 27)
. . 8th—fire storm (DC 26), mass inflict critical wounds (DC 26), mass inflict critical wounds (DC 26), unholy aura, unholy aura
. . 7th—blasphemy (DC 25), destruction (DC 25), dictum, ethereal jaunt, regenerate
. . 6th—banishment (DC 24), heroes' feast, mass inflict moderate wounds (DC 24), mass planar adaptation{super}APG{/super} (DC 24), word of recall
. . 5th—dispel good, plane shift (DC 23), righteous might, symbol of sleep (DC 23), wall of blindness/deafness{super}ACG{/super} (DC 23)
. . 4th—death ward, dismissal (DC 22), inflict critical wounds (DC 22), inflict critical wounds (DC 22), neutralize poison, neutralize poison
. . 3rd—deeper darkness, inflict serious wounds (DC 21), invisibility purge, magic circle against good, protection from energy, wind wall
. . 2nd—align weapon, bear's endurance, bull's strength, desecrate, eagle's splendor, inflict moderate wounds (DC 20)
. . 1st—bane (DC 19), divine favor, entropic shield, inflict light wounds (DC 19), inflict light wounds (DC 19), shield of faith
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, purify food and drink (DC 18), stabilize, virtue
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 28, Dex 20, Con 32, Int 23, Wis 27, Cha 25
Base Atk +22; CMB +31 (+32 awesome blow, +32 bull rush, +32 dirty trick, +32 disarm, +32 drag, +32 feint, +32 grapple, +32 overrun, +32 pull, +32 push, +32 reposition, +32 steal, +34 sunder, +32 trip); CMD 51 (52 vs. awesome blow, 52 vs. bull rush, 52 vs. dirty trick, 52 vs. disarm, 52 vs. drag, 52 vs. feint, 52 vs. grapple, 52 vs. overrun, 52 vs. pull, 52 vs. push, 52 vs. reposition, 52 vs. steal, 54 vs. sunder, 52 vs. trip)
Feats Cleave, Deadly Aim, Dodge, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Mythic Companion, Power Attack, Toughness
Skills Acrobatics +4, Appraise +5, Bluff +6, Climb +8, Craft (Enter Choice) +28, Diplomacy +31, Disguise +6, Escape Artist +4, Fly +31, Heal +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (history) +30, Knowledge (nature) +30, Knowledge (planes) +30, Knowledge (religion) +30, Perception +32, Ride +4, Sense Motive +32, Spellcraft +30, Stealth +25, Survival +32, Swim +8
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; truespeech
SQ change shape, slaying arrow
Other Gear +3 dancing unholy longsword, +5 composite longbow
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Change Shape (alter self) (Su) You can change your form.
Cleave If you hit a foe, attack an adjacent target at the same attack bonus but take -2 AC.
Damage Reduction (15/epic) You have Damage Reduction against all except Epic attacks (weapons with a +6 bonus).
Damage Reduction (15/evil) You have Damage Reduction against all except Evil attacks.
Deadly Aim -6/+12 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Energy Resistance, Fire (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Flight (150 feet, Good) You can fly!
Immunity to Acid You are immune to acid damage.
Immunity to Cold You are immune to cold damage.
Immunity to Petrification You are immune to Petrification.
Improved Sunder You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when sundering.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mobility +4 to AC vs. AoO provoked by moving out of or through a threatened area.
Mythic Companion Considered mythic for the purposes of determining how mythic spells and effects affect you.
Poison Resistance +4 (Ex) You have the listed resistance to poison.
Power Attack -6/+12 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Protective Aura +4 (20 feet) (Su) Defense against Good creatures and lesser globe of invulnerability.
Regeneration 15 (Good artifacts, effects and spells) Heal HP quickly and cannot die.
Slaying Arrow (Su) A solar's bow needs no ammunition, and automatically creates a slaying arrow of the solar's choice when drawn.
Spell Resistance (34) You have Spell Resistance.
Truespeech (Su) Speak with any creature that has a language.