PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help me find a way to make constructs cheaper, faster and easier!

metabolicjosh
2014-10-26, 02:58 AM
So The young template is good. Clockwork automatons and stuff is cheapish. But other than that i need tips and advice.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-10-26, 03:27 AM
Effigy template in CAr. It will be your -best- friend as a construct manufacturer. Big bruisers, mid-size pack-mules, tiny, super cheap workers; if there's a non-magical creature to solve your problem make an effigy of it and put it to work.

Noteworthy choice: siege crab. Take that, apparatus of kwalish. 65k vs an actual siege crab's 360k price tag and the apparatus 90k.

Phelix-Mu
2014-10-26, 06:13 AM
I believe the member Skysaber had a thread or two on cost reduction that covered many of the more common bases, and a few more likely to get voted down by a DM. The forum search tool can probably help you here. All of the threads that Skysaber has started have been...well...thought-provoking. Especially the one about self-replicating mecha-bunnyzillas invading the Abyss. That was a good thread.

Titan
2014-10-26, 06:19 AM
Not sure about cheaper, but faster is easy. Make a construct, then tell construct to make another construct, then tell those 2 constructs to make 2, so on and so forth. After a point you are either doubling your constructs per period or getting them multiple times faster, as you can have many constructs work on 1 at a time.

Works best in a Demi-Plane where it's full of crafting resources (Adamantine is nice), so you never pay for anything, then set the time to 2 or 3 times faster and let the constructs make themselves. Then if you need to Gate them into combat as they are technically outsiders, and laugh as your golem army destroys anything.