http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66428

I'm about to run a d20 Modern game JUST to use this. :biggrin:

Black Mage
2007-03-19, 07:12 PM
I want a couple of those....

alchemy.freak
2007-03-19, 11:49 PM
As do I,

Consider regular chainsaw damage, 3D10 or something like that, then a 50 or 70 foot range increment, price and restriction i dunno, but i think this is a start

But it is still Genuis

Lemur
2007-03-20, 12:51 AM
My take:

Skorotsnoy Industries RPC (Rocket Propelled Chainsaw)

Heavy Weapon (Requires Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Rocket Chainsaw Launcher)
Damage: 3d8 slashing
Crit Range: 19-20
Rate of Fire: 1
Range: 100 ft.
Magazine: 1 internal
Size: Large
Weight: 13 lbs
Purchase DC: 24
Restriction: Illegal (+4)

The RPC is a one use weapon that fires a specialized rocket chainsaw at a target at high velocity. The chainsaw rocket itself cannot be used for normal chainsaw purposes if removed from the launcher.

Edit:
There are rumors that an advanced prototype exists. Such a weapon would have a laser guidence system (+1 equipment bonus to attack roles) and would allow the user to make any iterative attacks he has available against secondary targets behind the original target. Any given target may only be attacked once in this way, and must all stand in a straight line from the weapon's firing point. The normal penalties for iterative attacks, and any additional range penalties accrued by traveling between targets applies.

Swordguy
2007-03-20, 06:17 AM
My take:

Skorotsnoy Industries RPC (Rocket Propelled Chainsaw)

The RPC is a one use weapon that fires a specialized rocket chainsaw at a target at high velocity. The chainsaw rocket itself cannot be used for normal chainsaw purposes if removed from the launcher.

Edit:
There are rumors that an advanced prototype exists. Such a weapon would have a laser guidence system (+1 equipment bonus to attack roles) and would allow the user to make any iterative attacks he has available against secondary targets behind the original target. Any given target may only be attacked once in this way, and must all stand in a straight line from the weapon's firing point. The normal penalties for iterative attacks, and any additional range penalties accrued by traveling between targets applies.

:bigeek:

Real quick, Lemur. You don't live in Lakewood, CO and play NERO, do you? Or live with a diminutive fireball who has an unhealthy attraction for bipedal cows?

BTW, nice stats.

levi
2007-03-20, 07:09 AM
My word, that's just silly. In other words, I love it. Now if I could just figure out a way for a tinker gnome in SpellJammer to build such a thing ...

Sampi
2007-03-20, 07:13 AM
Oh, just make it hamster-powered and the launching system several consecutive smokepowder-charges.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-20, 08:56 AM

I think you mean 'Single' rather than '1' for rate of fire but that's just typical termanology. There's already a Exotic Firearms Proficiency (rocket launchers) feat that's supposed to work with all rocket launchers (but not grenade launchers) but if you think this is special I guess it might need it's own. Rememer that d20 modern as 2 kinds of Exotic Weapon Proficiency for some reason.

This is stupid. It's also a lot less accurate then your typical rocket launcher since it doesn't deal explosive damage.

Attilargh
2007-03-20, 09:15 AM
I think you mean 'Single' rather than '1' for rate of fire but that's just typical termanology.
I think 1 works better, as

Rate of Fire: Some ranged weapons have a rate of fire of 1, which simply means they can be employed once per round and then must be reloaded or replaced.
And the rocket launcher detailed in the SRD has a Rate of Fire of 1, not Single.

Lemur
2007-03-20, 10:12 AM
:bigeek:

Real quick, Lemur. You don't live in Lakewood, CO and play NERO, do you? Or live with a diminutive fireball who has an unhealthy attraction for bipedal cows?

BTW, nice stats.

Sorry, Cleveland Ohio. And I'm not really sure what NERO is :smallconfused:

Swordguy
2007-03-20, 12:13 PM
Sorry, Cleveland Ohio. And I'm not really sure what NERO is :smallconfused:

NP. NERO is a full-contact boffer LARP, that myself and my buddy play (whom I recently introduced to OotS and lives in CO) is utterly obsessed with lemurs...

Just checking.