PDA

View Full Version : Undead Cleric?

JBarca
2014-10-26, 01:02 PM
Hey all.

If I were playing a Neutral Necropolitan Cleric of Boccob the Uncaring, would I be at risk of turning myself? Turn Undead will, usually, affect enough HD to include the Cleric, who also happens to be the nearest Undead to the source.

I'm aware that, in all likelihood, it's easy to handwave away with "Your god doesn't allow you to accidentally turn yourself, of course." But purely mechanically, what happens?

Thanks for your time.

Divide by Zero
2014-10-26, 02:49 PM
Well, there's always this:

Effect and Duration of Turning

Turned undead flee from you by the best and fastest means available to them. They flee for 10 rounds (1 minute). If they cannot flee, they cower (giving any attack rolls against them a +2 bonus). If you approach within 10 feet of them, however, they overcome being turned and act normally. (You can stand within 10 feet without breaking the turning effect—you just can’t approach them.) You can attack them with ranged attacks (from at least 10 feet away), and others can attack them in any fashion, without breaking the turning effect.

Presumably, you're within ten feet of yourself.

JBarca
2014-10-26, 02:55 PM

But you're also not approaching yourself, ever. And since you can stand within 10 feet of Turned Undead without penalties, I don't think that actually changes anything.

Phelix-Mu
2014-10-26, 02:58 PM

N/PC Concept: Undead cleric that scares himself/herself.

Concept #2: Undead cleric not aware s/he is undead.

holywhippet
2014-10-26, 03:09 PM
JourneyQuest had a possible result in one of their episodes. The party cleric had been turned into an undead and was trying to turn another undead. He ended up blowing his own arms off.

Judge_Worm
2014-10-27, 02:09 PM
Alternate solution, command/rebuke undead instead.

OldTrees1
2014-10-27, 02:30 PM
I am not sure what happens but Necropolitians have +2 Turn Resistance and you can only turn undead of Effective Cleric Level +4(which requires a +2 Cha modifier). So buy a +3 boost to Turn Resistance or a +2 boost and have a +1 Cha modifier?