PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Worganthrope PRC Peach me (new member first post)

Avelent
2014-10-26, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone!

Hey I'm totally new to homebrew and would really love some help ^_^. I'm working on a prestige class for a story line I'm gona run sometime in the distant future >_<. Go easy on me!

In my story line there are gona be a bunch of lycanthropes basically split into three factions. Natural, afflicted, and this class (man made basically).

I need help balancing things and making sure that everything is working right. Also I'm still planning out what requirements such as starting level this class should have.

Oh and FYI I made this class because I wanted a way to be a lycanthrope but without the level adjustment so I basically turned a lycanthrope into a class of sorts with some added flare. Mostly was going for a mobile tactical fighter that used abilities to set up combos while shifting from form to form during combat.

Here it is! let me know what you like/dislike and what I should or should not change.

Prestige Class: Process 15 (The Worganthrope)

Description: A questionable procedure created by an obsessed mage scientist that can turn men into lycanthrope like creatures. Individuals who undergo Process 15 become changed into a new being with amazing abilities. Worganthropes, as they are sometimes called, retain whatever physical appearance and race they held before they were changed with a few exception. Not every Worganthrope receives the same altered characteristics but it is common for them to display worg like qualities such as predominately pointed teeth, tipped ears, and increased body hair which usually comes in brown or black. Appearances vary greatly from one Worganthrope to another but some have even been known to have tails, fur, or even yellow eyes.

“A marvelous creature who’s true strength is derived from will power.”

“Mostly worg with a bit of dire wolf, a few drops of golden retriever, a dash of magic, a pinch of science, and a generous helping of distilled lycanthropic essence.”

Class requirements: Undergo Process 15
Alignment restrictions: None
Level requirement: Can't be taken until 4th level.
Hit die: d6
Proficiencies: none
Primary saving throw(s): fortitude and will
Skill points: 4 + int modifier
Skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Hide (Dex), Move silently (Dex), Spot (Wis),

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Tatical Strike
DR
Natural AC

1st
+1 Worg Blood/day
1/Sliver
+1

2nd
+2 Worg Blood/day
1/Silver
+1

3rd
+2 Worg Blood/day
2/Silver
+1

4th
Dire Worg Form 1/day
2/Silver
+1

5th
Consume 1/day
3/Silver
+2

6th
+2 Worg Blood/day
3/Silver
+2

7th
+2 Worg Blood/day
4/Silver
+2

8th
+2 Worg Blood/day
4/Silver
+2

9th
Dire Worg Form 2/day
5/Silver
+2

10th
Consume 2/day
5/Silver
+2

( Thanks to AkazilliaDeNaro for making me this spiffy new table ^_^ )

Damage reduction and natural armor: Damage reduction is only gained in animal or hybrid form though natural armor bonus is retained in all forms.

Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
(In animal form only. Speed in other forms remains unchanged)

Alternate Form (Su) Changing froms is a standard action.
A slain lycanthrope reverts to its humanoid form, although it remains dead. Separated body parts retain their animal form, however.

Hybrid/Animal: Str +2, Dex +4, Con +2

Dark Vision (Ex): Retained in all forms

Scent (Ex) This extraordinary special quality allows a creature to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Creatures with the scent ability can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.

Lycanthropic Empathy (Ex): In any form, lycanthropes can communicate and empathize with normal or dire animals of their animal form. This gives them a +4 racial bonus on checks when influencing the animal’s attitude and allows the communication of simple concepts and (if the animal is friendly) commands, such as “friend,” “foe,” “flee,” and “attack.”

Tatical Strike: Applies an enchantment bonus (+ x on attack and damage rolls) to claw attacks in hybrid form or bite attacks in animal form but only while flanking.

Natural attacks with these bonuses are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction.

Casting spells: If a spell has a somatic component it can only be cast in your natural form. Spells without somatic components can be cast in hybrid form but no spells can be cast in animal form.

Natural attacks: Claw Attack: 1d4 (Slashing/Piercing) +1x Str (if primary) +.5x Str (if secondary)

Hybrid Bite Attack 1d6 (Slashing/Piercing/Bludgeoning) +1x Str (if primary) +.5x Str (if secondary)
Worg Bite Attack 1d6 +1.5x Str (Slashing/Piercing/Bludgeoning)

Trip (Ex)
A dire worg or worg that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip its opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dire worg/worg.

Dire Worg Form: (Can be activated in any form) Take on the form of a dire worg as a minor action.
-Bite attack: damage increases from 1d6 to 1d8 + 1.5x Str.
-Ability bonuses: change from (+2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con) to (+4 Str, +6 Dex, +4 Con)
-Size (large): He takes a -1 penalty to armor class and attack rating do to large size.
-Duration: lasts for a number of rounds equal to the character’s wisdom modifier.

-Note: When Dire Worg Form ends as a free action you can change back to any form you choose. Kinetic metamorphosis can not be triggered with this change. (This form can be ended prematurely if desired at any moment during your turn.)

Consume: (Only in Dire Worg Form) You may take a bite of flesh from a dead or dying creature as a minor action. Doing so increases the duration of Dire Worg Form by 2 rounds and gives you 2x your wisdom modifier + ½ your worg level in temporal hit points.
If you use Consume on a dying creature the creature takes damage equal to you normal bite attack in this form.
Consume provokes attacks of opportunity and may only be used once per round.
You man use Consume on a stable target as a full round action but doing so requires a successful bite attack with a -4 penalty. Consume will still provoke an attack of opportunity.

Consume can not be combined with trip.

Worg Blood Abilities
Tap into your worg blood to unlock hidden strength.

For every level of worg you take that states +1 or +2 Worg Blood you may choose to learn one of the following abilities. If it says +2 you may pick one twice or two separately.

Kinetic Metamorphosis:(Can be used in any form) Force damage explosion released during a transformation into an animal form with a 5ft radius from caster. All creatures caught in the blast take force damage equal to your wisdom modifer + an additional wisdom modifier points of damage for every 4 levels of worg.
Any creature equal to or smaller than your size after transformation that is caught in the blast must also pass a fortitude save or be pushed 5 ft away from caster. The DC equals 10+1/2worg Lv + wis mod. If the creature is larger than medium the DC is -4 for every size category larger it is. If the creature is smaller than medium the DC is +4 for every size category smaller it is.
If the creature is size small or smaller they are also knocked prone if pushed.
If Kinetic Metamorphosis is used while transforming into Dire Worg Form the DC is increased by 4 and the push distance is increased to 10ft.
If a solid object blocks a pushed creature from moving the 5-10ft the creature takes 50% more damage as bludgeoning.
If the creature is pushed into a square occupied by an enemy or a square within reach of an enemy the creature provokes an attack of opportunity. If the creature ends his movement in an occupied square he is moved to the nearest unoccupied square of his choice.
Kinetic Metamorphosis is performed as a free action as part of a transformation into an animal form.

Hunters Charge:(Only in animal form) At any one time during a move action you may expend any number of your remaining available squares of movement to travel in a straight line without provoking attacks of opportunity.

This movement can be taken through occupied squares.

If the movement ends in an occupied square the caster is than moved to the nearest unoccupied square of his choice and provokes an attack of opportunity.

Deals bludgeon damage equal to your wisdom modifier to all enemies past through if they fail a reflex DC equal to 10+1/2worg Lv + wis mod..

Bludgeon damage is increased by 1d4 in Dire Worg Form.

Pack strike:(Only in animal forms) Once a day as part of a melee attack you can summon a worg flanking your target. The worg remains summoned for a number of rounds equal to your wis mod. Your attack is made as if flanking.

If Pack Strike is activated while in Dire Worg Form the summoned worg may benefit from your Tatical Strike Bonus for as long as you maintain this form.

If Pack Strike is activated as part of an attack of opportunity the duration is increased by 1 round

Can only be activated if there is a legal square available for a summoned creature to be placed and flanking your target in.

At worg level 1 Pack Strike summons a lesser worg (same as wolf)
At worg level 4 Pack Strike summons a worg
At worg level 8 Pack Strike summons a greater worg (same as worg but damage increases to bite +9 melee 1d8 + 6 and hp increases to 40)

Necrotic Mauling:(Can be activated in any form) As a full round action you instantly transform into your hybrid form and unleash a rapid fury of claw strikes.

Theses claw strikes are made with a total chance to hit equal to your base AB + wisdom modifer -1 for each consecutive strike.

The claw strikes don't stop until you miss.

The first claw strike deals 2 + 1 per 5 worg levels worth of negative energy damage and than +1 more for each consecutive strike.

No bonuses to damage or Ab may be applied to increase damage or Ab beyond whats listed.

If the target dies you may continue your Necrotic Mauling on any target in reach and so on until you miss.

Theses strikes can not crit.

Once the mauling is complete as a free action you may arm yourself with any weapon you possess, can reach, and legally use.

Piercing Howl:(Can only be cast in hybrid or animal forms) As a standard action issue forth an ear shattering howl that causes a single target within 25 feet to take (base 1d4) + your wisdom modifier in sonic damage per two levels of worg (minimum of wisdom modifier) Example.. at worg level 6 that's 1d4 + 3x wis mod.

This ability deals an additional 1 damage per two levels of worg(minimum of 1) for each of your summoned worgs in play.

This ability deals an additional 1 damage per two levels of worg(minimum of 1) if you are in Dire Wrog Form.

If the target passes a fortitude DC of 10 + worg Lv + wis mod they take half damage.

The target must make a will save or be deafened for 1d4 rounds. DC 10 + ½ worg Lv + wis mod

Primal Focus:(Can be activated in any forms) As a full round action you instantly morph to your natural form or hybrid form with any weapon you possess, can reach, and legal use equipped. You than may make one attack with full ab + wisdom modifier + 1 per worg levels.

Night Fall:(Can only be activated in natural form) As a standard action expend one arcane cantrip to cause a touched object to radiate a thick shadowy darkness out to a 20-foot radius. All creatures in the area gain concealment (20% miss chance) unless they have dark-vision, true-vision, or some other magical means by which to see.

Duration: Lasts a number of rounds equal to your wisdom modifier + 1 per 2 levels of worg.

Normal lights (torches, candles, lanterns, and so forth) are incapable of brightening the area, as are light spells of lower level. Higher level light spells are not affected by Night Fall. (This ability counts as a Lv 2 spell)

This ability counts as casting a spell and therefore can cause an attack of opportunity, is subject to arcane spell failure from armor, and requires a verbal component.

You may cast this spell on any touched object or any visible summoned worg no matter the distance.

If the summoned worg is slain or unsummoned Night Fall will continue to radiate darkness for the remainder of its duration from the worgs last present location.

Tactical reposition:(Can be activated in natural form) As a move action expend one arcane cantrip to swap places with any of your summoned worgs.

This movement counts as casting a spell and therefore requires a verbal component but does not provoke an attack of opportunity or suffer from arcane spell failure.

After the swap is complete and as a free action a copy of the expended cantrip may be cast from either your new location or your worgs. The target of the cantrip must be legal.

This free action does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Primal Surge:(Can be activated in hybrid or animal forms) As a full round action you instantly revert back to your natural form and than may cast one available prepared spell with a bonus to its caster level equal to your wisdom modifier.

Primal Surge only works with arcane spells.

If you know Primal Surge as a level 3 worg you may choose one level 1 metamagic for the following list. At level 6 worg choose any level 1 or level 2 meta magic from the list. At level 9 worg choose one of any of the metamagics.

When you use Primal Surge to cast a spell you may add one of your chosen metamagics to it. If you do so you must have enough intelligence or charisma to cast a spell of that level.

-Enlarge Spell [Metamagic] (1)
-Extend Spell [Metamagic] (1)
-Reach Spell [Metamagic] (2)
-Empower Spell [Metamagic] (2)
-Maximize Spell [Metamagic] (3)
-Repeat Spell [Metamagic] (3)

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-10-26, 10:09 PM
Now I may not be good at PEACHing, but I am good at making tables so here you go.

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Necrotic Strike
DR
Natural AC

1st
+1 Worg Blood/day
1/Sliver
+1

2nd
+2 Worg Blood/day
1/Silver
+1

3rd
+2 Worg Blood/day
2/Silver
+1

4th
Dire Worg Form 1/day
2/Silver
+1

5th
Consume 1/day
3/Silver
+2

6th
+2 Worg Blood/day
3/Silver
+2

7th
+2 Worg Blood/day
4/Silver
+2

8th
+2 Worg Blood/day
4/Silver
+2

9th
Dire Worg Form 2/day
5/Silver
+2

10th
Consume 2/day
5/Silver
+2

Avelent
2014-10-27, 12:19 AM
Aww Ty Mr >_< that was really nice of you ^_^. I had made it into a nice table on my computer but when I copy and pasted it into the form it died...I didn't have time to fix it cus I was at work but thanks a ton!

sajro
2014-10-27, 05:42 AM
Something that seems odd to me is your necrotic strike.
I am myself a bit unsure of why they get the negative damage, and then especially why it can only be added while flanking? It is already a rather low damage bonus, so I cant see the problem of giving them that damage at all times.

Avelent
2014-10-27, 09:06 AM
That is a very good question ^_^

Well the reason I gave them bonus damage to their claw attacks in hybrid form and bite attacks in animal form is so their natural attacks can be more on par with weapon attacks that have magical bonuses as a party progresses in levels and power.

If they didn't receive a bonus than their attacks would be worthless later in the game vs opponents with damage reduction. Not to mention a 1d4 and a 1d6 for claws and bites are pretty darn low >_<.

Why negative? Hee I don't really know. I mean it doesn't have to be negative I can change it if you have a suggestion to another damage type? Its just that worgs are dark evil creatures usually and negative damage seemed like a damage type that would match such a being.

Why only when flanking? wolfs and worgs are pack animals and they prefer to flank their targets. I just figured I would make it interesting and reward a player for attacking in a method that such a creature would prefer to attack in.

Do you think I should make it all the time instead of just while flanking?
Does it make more sense now?
Should it be a different damage type?
Should it be more damage?
Is there a better bonus to award them for flanking or is the normal flanking bonus of +2 to attack sufficient?

Thanks for your input
-Avelent ^_^

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-27, 10:06 AM
Nitpick: in the "casting spells" section, it should say "somatic" components, not "stomach" components :smallbiggrin:

Avelent
2014-10-27, 10:24 PM
I fixed it thanks. You know whats funny for years I have thought that it was stomach component lol. I always thought it was weird and wondered what body movements had to do with a casters stomach. Hee hee. Well I guess I learn something new everyday ty ty.

Avelent
2014-10-28, 12:57 PM
Hey hey peoples I could really use some feed back >_< comments anyone?

infinitetech
2014-10-30, 05:23 PM
rather good so far, how about making the claws get force damage instead, and give them a sonic aoe howl attack, the damage would be more utility for some things and it would fit the idea better, maybe the bite could do part necrotic part poison though, that would make sense

good class tho :-)

oh, i know, each level they could need to choose one of the 3 attacks to boost, howl, bite, or claw

Avelent
2014-10-30, 06:29 PM
Hey hey ^_^

Thanks for the reply. I really like some of your ideas. I think that I will change the necrotic strike to force damage instead as that might make a bit more sense. Also the howl attack idea I kinda like though I think I rather make some kinda howl worg blood ability with that.

Thanks for the input. If you have anything you would like me to peach let me know and I would be more than happy to give it a shot as long as its 3.5 I'm not familiar with anything else >_<.

Thanks
-Avelent

NosferatuZodd
2014-10-30, 07:03 PM
A better solution than force damage or a sonic howl is to just give them a flat enhancement bonus that scales as they level up.

If you wanted to simulate the other party members and their magic weapons, that's literally all you need to do.

Avelent
2014-10-30, 07:29 PM
Thanks all for the input I have changed the following.

I renamed Necrotic Strike to Tactical Strike and replaced the bonus negative energy damage with an enchantment bonus.

I also added a new worg blood ability to the list called Piercing Howl.

Thanks guys! Let me know if you like those changes/additions and if there is anything else to tweak.
-Avelent