PDA

View Full Version : Tashalatora Monk/Ardent Help needed.

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-26, 09:12 PM
Hey GitP, I stumbled upon the Tashalatora feat, and I really liked it. Was wondering if I could get some help with a few things based on the build I thought up.

Human Monk 2/Erudite 1 (This is mainly for psicrystal and psionic feat, feat starved)/Ardent 6/Shiba Protector 1/Ardent 7-16

First of all, is there any item that changes your hair's color?

I was thinking of an extremely original character That got angry, started shouting at the top of his lungs with a constipated face. After a bit, some energy swirls around him and his hair changes color (to yellow). after that, he touches the enemy and they die. or well... you know... beats them up into a pulp.

Stupid stuff aside, yes, I wanna build a super saiyan.
From what I remember, the main points are: Charge up time, swirly energy/gravitational pressure, Yellow hair, badassery.
-Charge up time is just not doing anything in x rounds, it involves cheese, so the DM might have me roll concentration checks and probably add limitations and stuff.

-Swirly energy, gravitational pressure. I have no idea how to replicate these, any ideas? They can be mundane items. The character started to "charge up" then all of a sudden he's spraying magic dust around before going back to shouting.

- Yellow hair, another thing I have no idea how to do efficiently.

-Badassery Linked power shenanigans with Syncronicity/Synchronicity and Syncronicity/hustle for full attacks. and dimension hops/etc.

Also, I have 2 questions:

1 - What methods are there to have a renewable Focus? Does Psicrystal gain feats? (So I could do hidden talent and psionic meditation so that it can have focus for psicrystal containment. which can be done continually due to shared power with synchronicity being used as a move action.)

2 - Other than Snapkick and TWF line, what feats can be taken to improve the unarmed damage (Its gonna be based around a lot of attacks, not particularly strong ones.)

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-27, 10:56 AM
Anyone? Mmm. Must not be interesting...

Thiyr
2014-10-27, 04:51 PM
As far as the boosting damage thing goes, my first thought on seeing this is a standard Tash King of Smack style build*. That's gonna be a good place as any to look as far as tips. Size boosts are gonna be your friend. Especially when making a ton of attacks, raising your base damage is gonna do you well. That whole force multiplier thing. In a similar vein, I've been working on a similar kind of build, and using Claws of the Beast as a standard KoS would, and adding that damage -on top- of my fists via the Beast Strike feat (found in Dragon 355). Sure, that bonus damage won't heal you if you do claws/weapon of the vampire, but extra pain never hurt anybody (except for the recipient of said pain).

As far as psicrystals getting feats, that's...a contested subject, and is pretty much up to the DM. I personally feel that they do, but I've not seen anything resembling a group consensus on it.

As far as yellow hair, gravity stuff, dust, swirly energy etc: That's all pretty non-stat-y stuff, so I'd say talk to the DM about -adding- a visual display to powers you manifest, and just have those be them, because reasons. The only iffy bit is if the "gravitational pressure" would be enough to break the ground, but unless you're using your own actions to do that, you're probably not gonna be able to do that.

For the charge up, maybe homebrew up something based on the Spelldancer PrC, with the "dance" (or in this case charge) being used to reduce pp costs? Idunno, throwing stuff out there. If you're doing it mid-combat, though, I'm pretty sure it'd be fine.

*This (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-general/threads/1118761) has some of said builds. Scroll down to the Tash subsection.

(Un)Inspired
2014-10-27, 05:57 PM
Switching the ardent side of your build to StP Erudite so you can power up with mighty wallop. You cast also cast Heroics to gain improved unarmed strike and superior unarmed strike. Now drop the monk side for cleric and power up with divine power and it's ilk and punch and kick to tarp out of people. Advance both with psychic theurge. You can use greater celerity (ewww) and linked power Syncronicitys to get loads of punches in each turn. All the dust being kicked up is the visual effects of your buffs and the screams are your cleric verbal components. Disguise or alter self can change your hair colour.

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-27, 10:05 PM
Switching the ardent side of your build to StP Erudite so you can power up with mighty wallop. You cast also cast Heroics to gain improved unarmed strike and superior unarmed strike. Now drop the monk side for cleric and power up with divine power and it's ilk and punch and kick to tarp out of people. Advance both with psychic theurge. You can use greater celerity (ewww) and linked power Syncronicitys to get loads of punches in each turn. All the dust being kicked up is the visual effects of your buffs and the screams are your cleric verbal components. Disguise or alter self can change your hair colour.

Cleric? CLERIC!? no no nono. Do you think that the DBZ fighters pray to gods? that they use -magic- ? no no no, they're fully psionic fighters. all the ki blasts and what not. Cleric just doesnt cut it. Also, it must have monk. Cause monks are Overpowered.

Thiyr
2014-10-27, 10:29 PM
Cleric? CLERIC!? no no nono. Do you think that the DBZ fighters pray to gods? that they use -magic- ? no no no, they're fully psionic fighters. all the ki blasts and what not. Cleric just doesnt cut it. Also, it must have monk. Cause monks are Overpowered.

Of course they do! Like lesser deities King Kai (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NY-BdQG_Wo), Guru (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IEfn_zX2Q8), Kami, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imLFt4hjALs) and the greater overdiety....Popo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53EZ2fErFHY)

(Language warnings on the links.)

Rubik
2014-10-27, 11:18 PM
As far as psicrystals getting feats, that's...a contested subject, and is pretty much up to the DM. I personally feel that they do, but I've not seen anything resembling a group consensus on it.It might be contested, but not by anyone who actually has any sort of argument that makes any sense. The best they can say is that it shouldn't be, by RAI, but that's specious at best, since there's no way to prove that.

RAW, it's inarguable that they do gain them, as well as ability score boosts at level 4 and every 4 thereafter.

Anyway, any power with a visual display could turn your hair a different color and surround you in an aura. The aura would only be momentary, but the hair color could be permanent until you manifested another power with a visual display. It's all fluff, really.

lord_khaine
2014-10-28, 02:24 AM
I would recomend picking up the Otherwordly feat and the power metamorphis, so you can litterally transform into something better suited to beat up people.

And perhaps grab a few levels of warblad as well, just for the fun of it.

Rubik
2014-10-28, 02:37 AM
warbladBlad the Impaler?

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-28, 08:04 AM
Blad the Impaler?

Warblad Untold.

Rebel7284
2014-10-28, 08:15 AM
Use Linked Power a lot? First turn just manifest buffs, second turn actually do stuff?

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-28, 08:20 AM
Use Linked Power a lot? First turn just manifest buffs, second turn actually do stuff?

Please do read the first post, I am aware of such a combo and I intend to use it. What I am asking is different in nature.