PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Evil game original

Rhunder
2014-10-26, 11:51 PM
The Gorion mountain range is home to the dwarves. Its a massive fort as well as a mining operation. The capitol city of Hamrogh sits behind 5 massive fortresses that protrude from the mountainside and send its vast resources through the 4 major trade ports to the south. With several villages and towns surrounding those major establishments, you find your first village in the East. You arrive from the north, stopping at the bridge crossing a small gorge, awaiting the arrivals of allies the red dragon told you would help with your mission. The red dragon, Narolyth, wants the dwarves to flee the mountains and the continent. Offering a fortune for success and death for failure, you've accepted this.

Gengran is a small town with no walls and few guards, though few dwarves would say they need guards. The town serves as a small barrier from monsters and usually serves as a last stop for adventurers headed to the wild north.

Its dusk at the time of your arrival. The sun setting behind the mountains, casting massive shadows over you.

Raunchel
2014-10-27, 10:22 AM
Euryale stands at the bridge, under the moonlight. She has a scarf over her hair, to hide the green snakes. She wonders who her allies will be, and looks around, hoping for clues.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-27, 11:09 AM
Tood approaches the meeting point appearing to be almost human with a faint red tint. "Would I be correct in guessing you are waiting here for someone? I was not given a code word, but I assume if you know what I'm talking about you won't turn away my help."

Raunchel
2014-10-27, 11:13 AM
Euryale turns around, looking at the red-tinted human. "Some friends would meet me in this place, to take a walk through the town. Are you one of those friends? There is no code, only our potential friendship."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-27, 11:41 AM
"Well you hardly give me any choice. If I didn't become your friend the wait for everyone else would be unbearable." Tood introduces himself then sits on the side of the road and tells Euryale a story from his centuries of traveling while waiting for the others.

Necroticplague
2014-10-27, 11:50 AM
A slight dragging accompanies heavy footstep as Arwoire lumbers towards the point, her greyed hide joining the small cast of almost-humans. She stares blankly for a moment before she begins speaking in a slow, heavy manner, like someone having a hard time breathing. "You here from the red one?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-27, 01:35 PM
"Yes. I'm glad I won't need to be the muscle or sharpshooter, this red ones delegations appear unmatched.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-27, 02:06 PM
'Someone said sharpshooter?'
A goblin wearing leather armor and carrying a backpack walks onto the bridge after Arwoire.
He is clearly very optimistic and happy to be there.
'Luuber is the name. Its a great night, isn't it?'

Then, as sort of an afterthought, he coughs up a big yellow flem and fixes his pointy black hair with it.

Just so no one gets the idea to eat little old Luuber... He thinks to himself.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-27, 02:43 PM
"Nice to meet you Lubber. Would any of you prefer to sneak into town while it's still dark or would you like a disguise."

OoC: I completely missed that we get 2500 GP I will redo my items before we get past the introductions.

LuckyStrike
2014-10-27, 03:24 PM
'Unless you think you can pass me off as your illegitimate half orc love child I'll be sneaking in. Coming from the north this time of day you would probably be heading towards an inn? I'll see if I can take to the roofs nearby. Getting in shouldn't be too hard but other than that what's the plan here? Take them quietly and one at a time, throughout the night and see where we stand come morning?

He looks around.

'We expecting anyone else?'

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-28, 10:09 AM
"I definitely could pass you off as an half-orc child Lubber, but you could be right about not needing to. Would any of you be opposed to just burning the town, fire arrows are not hard to make and if we burn the stables first they won't be able to tell the next town over what happened."

Raunchel
2014-10-28, 10:10 AM
"I wouldn't know if others are coming, but I will certainly be heading to the town. It seems like a quaint little place, and being outside at this time isn't something that I greatly like. I propose that some of us first take a little tour, to find those places that are the most interesting. They can then show the others around, to properly explore what this place has to offer.", Euryale says. She is slighly wary of her companions, but they will have to do. The dragon's offer was too good to pass up.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-28, 11:08 AM
"Yes even the pyromaniac strategy will require a bit of scouting first." Tood sighs obviously fond of burning buildings.

Necroticplague
2014-10-28, 11:15 AM
With all the talking of plans, Arwoire is fairly lost. She seems to practically freeze like an old computer while she mulls things over. "Those things mostly rock. Burning of limited use. Try tunneling under the city until it collapses under lack of support? Course, first we'd need to find weak points..."

Raunchel
2014-10-28, 11:32 AM
"I don't think that there is a need for such large, time-consuming efforts. here aren't many people, and certainly not many guards. A slightly more subtle approach can also give us what we need, and attracts less in the way of unpleasant attention to our actions."

LuckyStrike
2014-10-28, 01:29 PM
Luuber scowls as Tood mispronounces his name again but soon eagerly shakes his head in agreement when the burning of the dwarf town is first mentioned.

When Arwoire speaks chills run down his spine though, and while he then and there decides never to be in a room with her by himself the enthusiasm for the burning is also somewhat deminished.

'They won't be needing to tell the next town if we do that. Setting a whole town ablaze will attract enough attention.. Light by night, smoke by day. But we don't have to burn it all in one go..' He says as Tood sighs. ..we can just burn select parts of it. Just the stables, and one or two other prime locations won't be as big a tipoff. Just the burnable parts.
He smiles as he tries to convince Arwoire, and get her to reconsider her slow plan that involves being stuck in a tunnel together.

Luuber nods at Euryale. 'The broad is right though. Before we get to the fun bits, we need the information.'

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-29, 11:43 AM
"Well those of us that don't appear to out of place in a dwarven town should scout as mentioned and everyone else can sneak in or wait outside for a signal, but while I'm there I'll try to find opposed factions within the town so we can frame them for the fire sense otherwise suspicious newcomers would be the primary suspects for such an event. If we did a good job then a witness or someone examining the wreckage that were to escape would focus their anger on others."

LuckyStrike
2014-10-29, 11:51 AM
Luuber rummages in his backpack and quickly pulls out a signal whistle. He hands it to Tood.

'Sounds good to me mister. I'll be waiting here, by the bridge then. If you lot feel like you need some backup just blow this here whistle. Wouldn't want to miss out on the fun you see.' He says and winks at Euryale.'

Dr.Orpheus
2014-10-30, 12:18 PM
Tood accepts the whistle from Luuber and hangs it on a string to access it quickly "Thanks, if there is fun you won't miss out on it, I will likely fake my death or flee unless they have really horrible guards. May as well start doing the things I am good at though, so any of you that want to head into town I'm ready. If you plan to wait outside Luuber then you could identify any late comers to our group as well as ambush people leaving as long as you think you can get away without being caught." If others are also ready Tood will cast light on the whistle so he does not seem to have darkvision.

Raunchel
2014-10-31, 12:33 PM
Euryale heads into the little town, Trying to seem as human as possible. It isn't hard, but it does involve keeping her hair in check. Sometimes it has a bit of a will of its own.