PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on adventure paths

molten_dragon
2014-10-27, 06:06 AM
My gaming group is trying to decide on which adventure path to play next. The three that no one has played are Reign of Winter, Mummy's Mask, and Iron Gods. No one really seems to have very strong opinions about which one they want to play.

From those of you that have played them, are any of the three particularly good or bad? Any recommendations which we should try next?

Alleran
2014-10-27, 06:37 AM
From those of you that have played them, are any of the three particularly good or bad? Any recommendations which we should try next?
I would not play Iron Gods, of those three. Primarily, this is because it has not yet been fully released, and I have a general policy to not run an AP until I have (and have read) all six installments. However, you would also want to make sure your group is okay with adding science and technology rules and items, because that's what it does, in quite a big way.

Of the other two, Reign of Winter is a very Baba Yaga focused AP, but I on several occasions had the feeling that it was really a bit of a glorified fetch quest despite the sometimes-intriguing settings. If you dull that aspect down, you could have quite a bit of fun with it. The third, Mummy's Mask, is more classical dungeon crawling (though not entirely, as it was with Shattered Star) with a strong fantasy Egypt theme, culminating in some flying pyramids and other such funsies. I quite liked it myself, but tastes may differ.