PDA

View Full Version : Same old *new* Katana/Wakazashi or Dual Wakazashi debate/advice/build thread

Blade Conduit
2014-10-27, 04:00 PM
So like the title says this is a slightly different run of the dual wielding debate I've seen numerous times on this site. I have a 20 point buy Ninja I want to dual wield with. I'll tell you what I went with and why I did and maybe you can give me some helpful hints or suggestions, but before we get too deep into it I want to state I'm not trying to min/max here and I was given some pretty cool leeway by the GM. By the way this is for Pathfinder.

Ok Stats

Str- 13 (honestly debating on changing this to 12 and either Con or Int to 13)
Dex- 18 (with bonus two points into this stat)
Con- 12
Int- 12
Wis - 8
Cha- 14

Race: Half Orc (why, I dunno cuz you don't see it that often and it sounded fun)
Traded out Orc Ferocity for Bestial to get some help on Perception. I also took Reactionary and Criminal as traits because they are both useful and very character flavorful. Going to be doing some two weapon fighting with Katana/Wakazashi.

1 level feat: Weapon Finesse (the gm is letting me finesse the Katana.. yeah I know that's cool)
2nd level dip in fighter: for +1 Bab and Two Weapon Fighting feat.

I understand the whole weapon focus once for both weapons if you dual wield the same thing but this just seems cooler to me and like I said I'm not going for min/max. Just useful/colorful/fun character.

If you want to burn down the Ninja please go elsewhere. If you would like to suggest something maybe I missed or offer a subtle change I'd be happy to hear it. Plus I have wonderings about future feats.

infomatic
2014-10-27, 04:04 PM
Is this Pathfinder, I'm guessing? B/c taking 3.5 Ninja with 8 Wisdom makes no sense.

Blade Conduit
2014-10-27, 04:10 PM
Ah.. yes it is. I'll clarify in the first post.