sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 04:40 PM
The Injustice Society, Aka party 2

Applicant
Character
Class
Notes

Smileybastard
Myras (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=845139)
Male
Aasimar(Emberkin)
Wizard(Manipulator)
LE

Eldon4
kousei (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1041763)
Male
Human
Unbreakable fighter
NE

PeglegJim
The Strangler (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1041670)
Male
Human
Monk (Tetori)
NE

RadsvidTheRed
Adrian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=49298)
Rogue
LE

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 04:41 PM
In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived. You were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals.Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the “gentle” ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps,some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit.Trough fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female,commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell day and night.Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and by out of this prison, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled – all that you can do now is wait your doom.For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you,hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

You all find yourselves in a dark dank cell, all chained up in a line. This is your first night here and none of you have ever seen each other before. The rest of the cells are empty and other than the occasional scurrying of rats you are alone. What do you do?

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-27, 05:39 PM
I turn to the fellow on my left, "So what do they have you in for?"

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 05:41 PM
Here's the OOC thread for this game - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?380321-OOC-Way-of-the-Wicked-Party-2-aka-The-Injustice-Society&p=18321377#post18321377

Eldon4
2014-10-27, 06:12 PM
Kousei

I turn my head to respond, "I was in the military and they didn't let me have my fun... So I left while the enemy attack my sleeping camp. Hehehe I shouldn't have stopped to watch."

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 06:13 PM
Myras

Myras looks at the man to his right as he addresses him. This is a whole new world. One which I am not familiar. I need to be careful.

"Not being careful enough. It seems people dislike when they are foolish and then they seek to blame others."

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-27, 06:24 PM
"Well" I nod my head "Nice to make your acquaintance"

Eldon4
2014-10-27, 08:40 PM
Kousei

He looks at Myras and says, "You kind talk in circles, don't ya pal?"

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 08:53 PM
Myras

Myras frowns. "I was convicted of fraud. If I had been more careful I would not have been caught. What are you here for?"

PeglegJim
2014-10-27, 09:20 PM
Lothar stirred to consciousness with a pounding in his head. There was an ugly bruise near his temple, he knew it. His eyes flutter open as he groans. Lothar--The Strangler, knew that the guards seemed quite rough with him, it might have been them. Or he might have slammed his head into the cell walls. All he knew was Lothar was dead, now only The Strangler remains, chained in some dungeon like a rabid dog.

He roars. He foams at the mouth as he frantically pulls on his chains, but to no avail.

If he could get free maybe he could crush one of the greener guards with his big, meaty hands. At least then, he'd have the satisfaction of killing one last enemy. But there was no chance of that. And even if he could, what then?

He slumps down, defeated.

"Damn all of them." The Strangler mutters.

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 09:46 PM
In response to the outburst a guard yells from the other room. "You'll quite down if you know what's good for you!" He barks in slightly slurred speech. "Yea keep it down!" Chimes in another.

You can tell that both guards a drunk.

PeglegJim
2014-10-27, 10:05 PM
The Strangler lifts up his balding, pasty head with a scowl at the two guards and considers provoking them, but instead makes a mental note of their drunkenness. Perhaps it was an opportunity. If he could get close to one, he could get at the keys or something. He looks around for any sign of the keys to the cells or his shackles.

Perception for keys: [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 10:08 PM
Myras

Myras whispers "If they come in I may be able to get them to help me."

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 10:20 PM
You look around the room. You're situated along with North wall facing south, the room is made up of a series of cells that consist of floor to ceiling iron bars. One cell to your right is different, it has a solid rock wall and you cannot see inside of it because it's iron bar door is too far in front of you. There is the door that you were dragged through when you were brought here, and where you just heard the guards yell from, is along the south wall father to your right. The door is open but you cannot see very far inside of it.

The keys are no where in sight.

PeglegJim
2014-10-27, 10:28 PM
The Strangle slumps down again. "How? Then what?" he whispers sharply.

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 10:35 PM
Myras

"I am clearly no match for you physically, but I have other talents. I have the ability to charm the weak of mind and I doubt the drink will help them there. I also have a way with words and convincing people. Clearly we need to be free of these chains."
He pauses thinking. "I could also, maybe cause them to sleep."

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 10:36 PM
You hear many sets of foots steps and several voices approaching from beyond the other room. Suddenly heavily armed guards walk into the room and make their way over to your cell. They are followed by a man you all recognize, Sergeant Tomas Blackerly, this is the man that held the red hot brand to your arm and laughed as your skin burned. Right now, though the sergeant seems somehow off.

Blackerly points to Myras and says gruffly, “You there! Tat’s the scum! Get ‘em unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they’ll earn a thrash-ing! today’s your lucky day, scum. You've got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say good-bye. Now step lively. We wouldn't want to keep her waiting.”

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 10:41 PM
Myras

Myras's mind shifts into high gear as his body and face conform to a broken man. Who could this be? A lady? "I'll cause no trouble sir, I have had enough rough treatment already."

Bluff [roll0] to convince them of his compliance.

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 10:58 PM
You're are unlocked from your restrains and promptly cuffed with another set of manacles. You are then marched through the room to the south and then through a door to the left. Once inside you're shoved into a seat. There waiting for you is a hauntingly beautiful woman in an elegant black dress and soft silken veil. She looks as if she is headed to a funeral. Her hair is so platinum as to almost be white and her eyes are a vibrant almost un-earthly green. She clearly has been weeping.

“Oh, dearest,” proclaims the unfamiliar woman. “I’m so relieved you’re alive!” She quickly turns to Tomas. “Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake?” Tomas goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. “Of course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem.”

Blackerly is clearly under some form of spell.

Smileybastard
2014-10-27, 11:01 PM
Myras

Myras cataches on quickly. A woman after his own heart. "I am so glad to see you my love."

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 11:05 PM
The Strangler spits and presents his hands. He smirks at the sheer arrogance. That they would let the shackles off a man like him just like that. He didn't know whether he'd attempt to escape or kill the weakest nearby person, but the prospect awakened something in him. He cooperates fully--for now. A part of him was curious.

Sorry for not being clear but Myras is the one being taken out of the cell.

PeglegJim
2014-10-27, 11:13 PM
The Strangler looks in disgust upon the upper crust parasites receiving special treatment.

FIXED

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 11:14 PM
Myras

Myras cataches on quickly. A woman after his own heart. "I am so glad to see you my love."

The moment you two are alone in the room together the mysterious woman drops all pretense of grief and distress. An evil grin stretches across her face. "Love at first sight darling? Must you be so hasty, you haven't even the pleasure of knowing my name yet," she says.

Eldon4
2014-10-27, 11:15 PM
Kousei

"Hey now, don't you think you should bring this lady back to meet all your new friends?" he calls after the group.

sporkbeard
2014-10-27, 11:24 PM
Kousei

"Hey now, don't you think you should bring this lady back to meet all your new friends?" he calls after the group.

Unfortunately you can't see her. :smallfrown:

Smileybastard
2014-10-28, 05:21 AM
Myras

Myras smiles. "Time is not something I have lots of. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

sporkbeard
2014-10-28, 07:51 AM
"Straight to business darling? I like your style," she responds. She shifts in her seat, crosses her arms and continues, "Well straight to business then. Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape."

PeglegJim
2014-10-28, 08:00 AM
With everyone distracted, The Strangler starts struggling again. He wants to see if he can free up his arms. He gave it a better effort this time, but seems unable to wiggle out of this one.

Escape Artist: [roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-10-28, 08:12 AM
With everyone distracted, The Strangler starts struggling again. He wants to see if he can free up his arms. He gave it a better effort this time, but seems unable to wiggle out of this one.

Escape Artist: [roll0]

You feel as though you will not be able to slip your bindings even with your best efforts.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-28, 12:06 PM
Adrian

"Hey, Stop struggling. If we remain calm and play our cards right we can get out of this hole without a fight."

PeglegJim
2014-10-28, 01:29 PM
The Strangler grew limp again and laughed bitterly. "Is that what they told you?"

Eldon4
2014-10-28, 03:20 PM
Kousei

"Ah let him struggle, maybe if we find a way out of these chains the guards will be so used to hearing him they won't even respond to noises." And, worst come to worst his wrists start bleeding and I die happy, Kousei adds in his head.

Smileybastard
2014-10-28, 10:15 PM
Myras

Myras tips his head. "I would be happy to comply and I am sure I can convince my cell-mates of the same, but we are currently at a disadvantage." He holds up his chained hands. "A token of our mutual friends desire to meet us would be most helpful."

sporkbeard
2014-10-29, 03:12 AM
"This should be more than enough help," she says as she removes her silken white veil and slides it across the table. "If you manage to escape, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road you’ll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There our mutual friend waits."

Smileybastard
2014-10-29, 05:18 AM
Myras

Myras nods. "Most gracious of you." He takes the veil carefully and glances at it as he tucks it into his clothes.

sporkbeard
2014-10-29, 05:40 AM
"Now darling I must take my leave," she says as, she rises and as if on cue the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. “No, I can’t bear to leave you!” She gives Myras a kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman.

Tomas shakes his head. “I’m afraid it’s time, miss.” She looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, “Tank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.” “Such a good friend,” Tomas repeats his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. “A pleasure, madam,” She leaves unveiled.Her eyes meet the PCs one last time and she briefly gives them a wicked smile.

“Three days,” telepathically echoes in the PC’s mind.“Don’t disappoint me, dearest”. The visitation concluded, Myras is taken back to his cell by a cadre of guards and shackled once more. The guards leave the room and can be heard heading down the stairs. The party is again alone in the room with the nearest guards just out of sight and earshot in the other room.

This appears to be a one silk veil of gossamer cloth. Only as it is held and closely inspected can you see small cloth patches of various shapes. One patch can be detached each round as a move action. Detaching a patch causes it to become an actual item. This veil contains:
•2 daggers
• Bulls eye lantern (full, lit and shuttered)
• Hempen rope (50-foot coil)
• Sack full of needed spell components (worth less than a 1 gp)and common clothes in the PCs sizes
• Thieves Tools, Masterwork
• Window (2 ft. by 4 ft., up to 2 ft. deep)
• 1 Potion of cure light wounds
• 100 gold pieces
• Unholy Symbol of Asmodeus (silver)Note that the window patch will create a window (and there for a hole) in a nearby wall. If there are no nearby walls, it simply turns into a common wooden window frame. It cannot be placed on a living creature however. Once removed, a patch cannot be replaced.

Smileybastard
2014-10-29, 07:00 PM
Myras

Myras all but cries and says "Farewell my love."

After the guards have left Myras in the cell he whispers. "It seems someone wishes to meet us, all we need to do is escape and they have provided help." He pulls out the veil and examines it carefully.
"It seems we have a variable cornucopia of equipment. I assume someone here can pick locks."

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-29, 08:46 PM
Adrian

Adrian perks up and responds in a whisper"It's Been a while, but I could have a go at it. The Lords and ladies did not take kindly to my words and many a time have I had to get out of a stockade," Adrian pauses and gestures at his shackles "But this is a bit more than that."

PeglegJim
2014-10-29, 09:08 PM
"Use yer teeth then. Get creative. I use whatever I can to bust heads. They chained me hands, so I just use me legs. Killed a man with my knees once." he growls while keeping quiet enough so that the guards can't hear.

Still think you can make the check if tv has taught me anything. Even if you can move a little, you can pick a lock.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-29, 09:12 PM
Adrian

Adrian nods, "Right then, well give me the pick and I'll see what I can do."

Eldon4
2014-10-29, 11:25 PM
Kousei

He looks excited but can't help but ask, "So what happens when you get the chains off? We just run from here and hope no one sees us?"

sporkbeard
2014-10-30, 02:22 AM
You can move your hands enough to hand something to the person next to you, retrieve something from your shirt, or fiddle with the lock.

Smileybastard
2014-10-30, 05:03 AM
Myras

Myras pulls out the viel, removes the lockpicks and hands them to Adrain. "After we get chains off we open doors and then we take the guards. I do have two daggers here as well."

Can I move enough to remove an object from the veil?

sporkbeard
2014-10-30, 05:16 AM
Myras

Myras pulls out the viel.

Can I move enough to remove an object from the veil?

Yes you can easily manage that.

Eldon4
2014-10-30, 05:49 AM
Kousei

"I think we should at least put the clothes on first, if we do get out of here we don't want to run around without proper clothes. Oh, and I'd be happy to take a dagger" he says grinning.

Smileybastard
2014-10-30, 08:53 PM
Myras

Myras goes through the list of items. "Clothes? I would have thought that would a little further down on the list essentials." He peels off a dagger. "We only have two daggers, are you going to make good use of it?"

Eldon4
2014-10-31, 01:38 AM
Kousei

"Oh yes friend, I'll put it to good use. Besides my good pal over there has killer knees so I don't think he'll need one. Do you think we'll have time for clothes after we start running around killing guards?" He says all this with a mock serious face then breaks into a broad smile, evidently amused.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-31, 10:50 AM
Adrian

Adrian takes the tools that have been presented and gets about unbinding himself "Give me just a moment and I'll get to you all"

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-10-31, 10:51 AM
Adrian

Adrian takes the tools that have been presented and gets about unbinding himself "Give me just a moment and I'll get to you all"

[roll0]

You fail to unlock your manacles.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-31, 10:54 AM
Adrian

"These damn things have a bit of rust on them, give me just a moment" Adrian tries with the locks again.

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-10-31, 10:56 AM
Adrian

"These damn things have a bit of rust on them, give me just a moment" Adrian tries with the locks again.

[roll0]

Your manacles pop open with a satisfying yet silent click.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-31, 10:57 AM
Adrian

Adrian gets to work on freeing the handkerchief bearing man "Have you out in a jiffy chief"

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-10-31, 10:58 AM
Adrian

Adrian gets to work on freeing the handkerchief bearing man "Have you out in a jiffy chief"

[roll0]

They also open.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-31, 11:00 AM
Adrian

"My feet seem to be a little stuck, hang on a tick" Adrian focuses on Myras' and his own foot binds

[roll0]

[roll1]

sporkbeard
2014-10-31, 11:01 AM
Adrian

"My feet seem to be a little stuck, hang on a tick" Adrian focuses on Myras' and his own foot binds

[roll0]

[roll1]

Though you make a bit of a ruckus you fail to open the bindings.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-10-31, 11:04 AM
Adrian

"These damn things are covered in years of rust" Adrian redoubles his efforts

[roll0]

[roll1]

sporkbeard
2014-10-31, 11:05 AM
Adrian

"These damn things are covered in years of rust" Adrian redoubles his efforts

[roll0]

[roll1]

Again the manacles fail to open.

Eldon4
2014-10-31, 02:32 PM
Kousei

"Well mr. Killer knees, looks like we'll make it to the gallows afore getting out of these irons." He whispers with a soft chuckle.

Smileybastard
2014-10-31, 07:05 PM
Myras

"Thank you." His hands free Myras pulls out the cloths, daggers and the spell component bag, keeping that for himself.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-02, 08:08 PM
Adrian

With fury in his eyes he tries to once more open these foot binds as to free himself and Myras

[roll0]

[roll1]

sporkbeard
2014-11-02, 08:10 PM
Both fail to open.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-02, 08:12 PM
Adrian

"Damn it all, I will open this"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

sporkbeard
2014-11-02, 08:15 PM
All but the 12 passes.

Smileybastard
2014-11-02, 08:38 PM
Myras

"We have a magic window, hole as it would be. We can use it to go through a wall etc. One use. Lets try to use the picks when we can.
Does anyone require a holy symbol of Asmodeus? "

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-02, 08:40 PM
Adrian

"Kousei, hold still" Adrian tries once more to unlock the bind.

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-11-02, 08:47 PM
They are open.

Eldon4
2014-11-02, 09:37 PM
Kousei

"Well thank you kindly new buddy." he says while rubbing his wrists. He moves quickly to dress and then retrieves the dagger.

PeglegJim
2014-11-03, 12:36 AM
The Strangler casts off his shackles quietly and cracks his knuckles. "Ahhh that's much better. Yer right about not needing any of those little butterknives. My hands will do until I can find something I can do some real damage with. Ah what am I saying." he brings his hands to the forefront. "These are all I'll need. The Strangler will walk again." He quickly throws on the new garb.

Eldon4
2014-11-07, 06:50 AM
Kousei

"I think nimble fingers should take the other dagger, unless you want it lady's man? Then we should see about this door lock"

Smileybastard
2014-11-07, 08:25 AM
Myras

"No, no. I would not effective use of the dagger." He hands them to the lockpick.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-09, 01:25 AM
Adrian

Adrian Takes the dagger, juggles it around to get a feel for it, then firmly grasps it with the blade down "Hello Old friend, it's time to say hello to the world again." Adrian walks his way over closer to the bars "Shall I try at this corroded lock in kind?" He asks the party.

Smileybastard
2014-11-09, 07:47 AM
Myras

"Yes, please. Let's save the magic portal for when we really need it."

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-10, 07:15 PM
Adrian

"Very Well then" Adrian goes to try the lock

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-11-10, 07:16 PM
After a moment of working on it Adrian unlocks the cell door and swings it open.

PeglegJim
2014-11-12, 09:23 AM
"Hmph. Now what?" the Strangler creeps out of his cell and observes his surroundings for a possible way out.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Eldon4
2014-11-12, 10:57 AM
Kousei

Dagger at the ready he will move towards the guards room slowly and quietly; getting ready to take out any guards that come through.

stealth: [roll0]

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-12, 12:11 PM
Adrian

Adrian follows the other two out, ready to facilitate any hostilities that may occur.

[roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-11-12, 02:14 PM
You stop for a moment and listen closely. You hear two distinct voices through the door, and a conversation between the two.
“That Blackerly is a damned thief! Tat game was rigged last night!”
“If it’s rigged, why do you keep going back to the gate-house then?”
“The beer’s passable.”
A laugh is heard.
“Drinkin’ on duty! Damn, this place has gone to hell. Captain Callidan would have never tolerated that crap. That’s for sure!”
“Captain Callidan … he left, what? two years ago?”
“Almost three and since then the place has been straight to hell. That old wizard never leaves his tower. He stays up there reading his books and petting his owl!”
“Petting his owl? Is that what they call it these days?”
The guards enjoy a bit of a laugh.
"Wait did you hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"From the cells I heard something."
"You didn't hear anything you drunk."
"I know I did and I'm going to go and check!"

You hear one of the guards move for the door.

Eldon4
2014-11-12, 05:50 PM
Kousei

He will ready himself to close the door as soon as the guard comes through and attack with his dagger. Then will catch the body should he fall from Kousei's, or someone else's attack.

Attack: [roll0] vs flat footed if in surprise round
Critical confirm if needed: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Critical damage if needed: [roll3]

PeglegJim
2014-11-12, 06:26 PM
The Strangler follows up with Kousei by trying to bash the man's head in in one swift motion.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

will confirm in OOC

Smileybastard
2014-11-12, 07:27 PM
Myras

Myras speaks quietly. "I imagine they have some way to alarm other guards. Try to engage or kill them all."

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-14, 01:29 PM
Adrian

"Sounded like there are two" whispers Adrian "And they are in our way." Adrian readies his dagger and continues to advance to the side of the door, hiding in wait for guard.

RadsvidTheRed
2014-11-15, 02:02 AM
[roll0]

Adrian attacks the sod as he enters.

Smileybastard
2014-11-15, 12:01 PM
Myras

Myras moves towards the door so he can see the guards to cast a spell if needed.

sporkbeard
2014-11-15, 05:39 PM
The guard swing the door all the way open and does not get more than a step inside before he is waylaid by the party. In the few very violent moments that occur both the Strangler and Kousie manage to get in devastating blows that cause the guard to fall dead on the floor. From the other room you hear the other guard say, "Biff you ok?" in a clearly concerned voice.

PeglegJim
2014-11-16, 02:37 PM
The Strangler attempts to hide. He drags the corpse into his hiding place with him and lies in wait like a reborn predator.

Stealth: [roll0]

Eldon4
2014-11-16, 05:18 PM
Kousei

He will quickly grab a weapon off the guard and remain in his position by the door in case the other guard follows.

will grab the sword or club, whichever is easiest for me to get. Or whatever weapon the guard the guard was carrying.
Ready to attack the second guard the same way as the first if he comes through the door.

sporkbeard
2014-11-16, 06:05 PM
You grab the sword.