PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The curse of the Zomber. A playable race for 5e

Rfkannen
2014-10-27, 04:59 PM
A race that was inspired loosely by the world of darkness games

The zomber
The dead should stay dead, yet the zomber do not. Closely related to the zombie, the zombers are beings that have been touched by necrotic energy, yet not enough to fully change them. A being of any sentient race that is afflicted with a curse that makes them slowly become stronger yet more mindless unless they eat the brains of the living.
http://iwatchstuff.com/2013/10/04/i-frankenstein-trailer.jpg

Ability score increase; your constitution score increases by 2
Age; you are the lifeless, you do not age
Alignment Most Zombers eat people, and as such are chaotic evil
Size Your size is the same as it was before you were a zomber.
Speed Your base walking speed is 5 less than it was before you were a zomber.
Languages You speak common
Curse of the zomber Being a Zomber is a curse. You have a pool of points called life points, you lose 1 point per week, gain 1 every time you eat a sentient creators brain, and gain .25 when you eat the brain of a non sentient creature. You may never have more than 1 life point.

At 0 life points, you gain the ability to attach body parts to you. When you are missing a body part and hold a body part up to you that is roughly your size, you may attack it to your body. You now can use this body part as if it were your own, you also gain any natural attack that the body part had.

at -1 points, you are considered undead for all purposes, and as such can not be effected by spells that do not effect undead. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

at -3 points, you are considered undead, until you raise your life points you lose 2 points of intelligence. You lose another 5 points of movement. You do not need to sleep or rest. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

at -5 points, you have all the effects as -3, you also lose 3 points of intelligence, are immune to poison, and when you are below half hit points you attack the nearest target to you for 5 turns with your bite attack. Your ac equals 15 + your constitutions modifier.

At -8 points, you are under the command of the gm until you regain life points.

also, whenever you kill a sentient creature with a natural attack and it dies, after 1 week it takes a d 10 Con throw. If it succeeds it becomes a zombie, it may then take another dc 10 Con throw, and if it succeeds that it raises as a zomber.

Subraces

Recently raised.
You are the normal zomber
you gain all languages that another race knows
you get +1 in the stat your race gave you plus 2 in before you became a zomber

Bloater
Sometimes a zomber feasting on a long dead corpse will raise as a zomber
Your size increases by 1 category
You lose 1 life point a day.
You have light sensitivity
You have superior dark-vision
You have a 1d2 slam attack. It uses strength
Your strength increases by 1

Stitched
Your charisma increases by 1
You have resistance to lightning damage
You get 1 life point for eating the flesh of non sentient animals.

Ralcos
2014-10-27, 08:27 PM
I REALLY love this race (or is it races?).

Pretty balanced, and I think I could help you organize a bit better, plus adding a new subrace (if you'll allow it).

The Zomber

http://www.mbc.net/.imaging/stk/mbc/photo-mod4/media/MIGRATION-IMAGE/HOME-OF-MOVIE/Zombie-Wars_La/original/9930a6c89411abfbaae0473f40695db02dc7bbb3/Zombie-Wars_La.jpg

The dead should stay dead, yet the Zomber do not. Closely related to the zombie, the Zombers are beings that have been touched by necrotic energy, yet not enough to fully change them. A being of any sentient race that is afflicted with a curse that makes them slowly become stronger yet more mindless unless they eat the brains of the living.

Size Your size is the same as it was before you were a Zomber.
Languages You can speak, understand, and are literate in the Common language.
Curse of the Zomber Being a Zomber is a curse. You have a pool of points called life points, you lose 1 point per week, gain 1 every time you eat a sentient creators brain, and gain .25 when you eat the brain of a non sentient creature. You may never have more than 1 life point.
At 0 life points, you gain the ability to attach body parts to you. When you are missing a body part and hold a body part up to you that is roughly your size, you may attack it to your body. You now can use this body part as if it were your own, you also gain any natural attack that the body part had.

At -1 points, you are considered undead for all purposes, and as such can not be effected by spells that do not effect undead. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

At -3 points, you are considered undead, until you raise your life points you lose 2 points of intelligence. You lose another 5 points of movement. You do not need to sleep or rest. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

At -5 points, you have all the effects as -3, you also lose 3 points of intelligence, are immune to poison, and when you are below half hit points you attack the nearest target to you for 5 turns with your bite attack. Your ac equals 15 + your constitutions modifier.

Also, whenever you kill a sentient creature with a natural attack and it dies, after 1 week it takes a DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw. If it fails, the target becomes a zombie; Then it may then make another DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw, and if it succeeds that it raises as a Zomber.

Subraces

Recently Raised.
You are the normal Zomber

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6342/1449009-frankensteins_monster.jpg

You gain all languages that another race (of your choice) knows.

You gain a +1 in an Ability Score that your race gave you a +2 in before you became a zomber (e.g. A Recently Raised Dwarf gains a +1 to his Constitution score).

Bloater

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101024005739/left4dead/images/b/b5/Boomeridle_1.png

Your size increases by 1 category than your race was (e.g. A Halfling Bloater is medium-sized).

You have light sensitivity (as Drow).

You have superior dark-vision (as Drow).

You have a 1d6 slam attack. It uses the Strength ability score, and does bludgeoning damage.

Your Strength score increases by 1.

Stitched

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/59976/Spellstitched.jpg

Your Charisma score increases by 1.

You have Resistance against Electric damage.

Intelligent Walker.
Your soul was infused into your body in death, giving you eternal life. Whether you chose this life or not, you're stuck in this horrid form.

http://www.dotd.com/mm/golemles.gif

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution Score increases by 1, while your Intelligence Score increases by 1.
Burden of Ur-Life. You do not have the Life Points feature of the base Zomber race. Instead, you must make a Wisdom Saving Throw when your Hit Points are equal to or less than 1/2 of their maximum (DC 12 + 1/2 Character's Hit Dice + Rounds at/below 1/2 hp); failure on this check makes you go into a rage, dealing an extra 1d6 points of damage on any melee attack and taking 5 less damage from all sources, and attacking the nearest character/creature (even allies).
Hermit's Knowledge. You gain proficiency in any one Knowledge Skill: Arcana, History, Nature, Religion. Also, due to your "exile at birth", you ALWAYS have advantage with your chosen Knowledge Skill.
The Created Monster. Due to your body's unique build, you gain Resistance to Slashing and Bludgeoning Weapons, but you gain Vulnerability (take double damage) from Fire and Acid damage.

Anyhow, I hope this gets expanded upon in the future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycb26bFoCwI

Rfkannen
2014-10-28, 08:06 AM
I REALLY love this race (or is it races?).

Pretty balanced, and I think I could help you organize a bit better, plus adding a new subrace (if you'll allow it).

The Zomber

http://www.mbc.net/.imaging/stk/mbc/photo-mod4/media/MIGRATION-IMAGE/HOME-OF-MOVIE/Zombie-Wars_La/original/9930a6c89411abfbaae0473f40695db02dc7bbb3/Zombie-Wars_La.jpg

The dead should stay dead, yet the Zomber do not. Closely related to the zombie, the Zombers are beings that have been touched by necrotic energy, yet not enough to fully change them. A being of any sentient race that is afflicted with a curse that makes them slowly become stronger yet more mindless unless they eat the brains of the living.

Size Your size is the same as it was before you were a Zomber.
Languages You can speak, understand, and are literate in the Common language.
Curse of the Zomber Being a Zomber is a curse. You have a pool of points called life points, you lose 1 point per week, gain 1 every time you eat a sentient creators brain, and gain .25 when you eat the brain of a non sentient creature. You may never have more than 1 life point.

At -1 points, you are considered undead for all purposes, and as such can not be effected by spells that do not effect undead. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

At -3 points, you are considered undead, until you raise your life points you lose 2 points of intelligence. You lose another 5 points of movement. You do not need to sleep or rest. You have advantage against being charmed. You also have a 1d4 bite attack that uses strength.

At -5 points, you have all the effects as -3, you also lose 3 points of intelligence, are immune to poison, and when you are below half hit points you attack the nearest target to you for 5 turns with your bite attack. Your ac equals 15 + your constitutions modifier.

Also, whenever you kill a sentient creature with a natural attack and it dies, after 1 week it takes a DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw. If it fails, the target becomes a zombie; Then it may then make another DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw, and if it succeeds that it raises as a Zomber.

Subraces

Recently Raised.
You are the normal Zomber

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6342/1449009-frankensteins_monster.jpg

You gain all languages that another race (of your choice) knows.

You gain a +1 in an Ability Score that your race gave you a +2 in before you became a zomber (e.g. A Recently Raised Dwarf gains a +1 to his Constitution score).

Bloater

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101024005739/left4dead/images/b/b5/Boomeridle_1.png

Your size increases by 1 category than your race was (e.g. A Halfling Bloater is medium-sized).

You have light sensitivity (as Drow).

You have superior dark-vision (as Drow).

You have a 1d6 slam attack. It uses the Strength ability score, and does bludgeoning damage.

Your Strength score increases by 1.

Stitched

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/59976/Spellstitched.jpg

Your Charisma score increases by 1.

You have Resistance against Electric damage.

Intelligent Walker.
Your soul was infused into your body in death, giving you eternal life. Whether you chose this life or not, you're stuck in this horrid form.

http://www.dotd.com/mm/golemles.gif

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution Score increases by 1, while your Intelligence Score increases by 1.
Burden of Ur-Life. You do not have the Life Points feature of the base Zomber race. Instead, you must make a Wisdom Saving Throw when your Hit Points are equal to or less than 1/2 of their maximum (DC 12 + 1/2 Character's Hit Dice + Rounds at/below 1/2 hp); failure on this check makes you go into a rage, dealing an extra 1d6 points of damage on any melee attack and taking 5 less damage from all sources, and attacking the nearest character/creature (even allies).
Hermit's Knowledge. You gain proficiency in any one Knowledge Skill: Arcana, History, Nature, Religion. Also, due to your "exile at birth", you ALWAYS have advantage with your chosen Knowledge Skill.
The Created Monster. Due to your body's unique build, you gain Resistance to Slashing and Bludgeoning Weapons, but you gain Vulnerability (take double damage) from Fire and Acid damage.

Anyhow, I hope this gets expanded upon in the future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycb26bFoCwI

I will work on the formatting latter, my priority was to first just get it on the paper.

Sure ill add the subrace to the main post

Your post reminded me that I didn't realy do the stitched subrace all that well, that one is suppose to be frankenstine, I don't think I did that one all that well however, any suggestions on how to make it better?

ps. thank you of reminding me of that nostalgia critic review.

Ralcos
2014-10-28, 08:52 AM
I will work on the formatting latter, my priority was to first just get it on the paper.

Sure ill add the subrace to the main post

Your post reminded me that I didn't really do the stitched subrace all that well, that one is suppose to be Frankenstein, I don't think I did that one all that well however, any suggestions on how to make it better?

ps. thank you of reminding me of that nostalgia critic review.
Alright... I'll see what I can do.

Stitched
“The different accidents of life are not so changeable as the feelings of human nature.”
― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7198300_f520.jpg

Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 1.
Arcane Toughness. You have Advantage on all Saving Throws against magical effects that would hinder you.
Silence of the Lambs. You get 1 life point for eating the flesh of non sentient animals.
The Ones Who Don't Die. Your HD type increases by 1 size (Maximum: d12).

How's this?

PS: Sorry for "forcing" my format worries on you, I just didn't mean it in that way.