PDA

View Full Version : If you could be any three fictional characters...

Reprimand
2014-10-27, 08:52 PM
If you could have the powers of any three fictional characters in real life which three would you pick? However you have to take the good that comes with the bad. i.e. Superman is still responsible for saving the world all day everyday while watching all the people he loves die of old age. I am including character you've created but only one per universe/game/etc.

Basically think of a 3 person gestalt from D&D 3.5

Mine would be Roland the Gunslinger, The Red Mage from the final fantasy series, and a D&D character I made rogue 4/wiz 1/Unseen Seer 10/Abjurant Champion 5 who has survived a head-on encounter Five-headed-prismatic-demi-dracolich.

I like them because they're all resourceful characters that can do a bit of everything. And they mostly cover each others weaknesses. However none of them can do any one thing very well on their own expect for Roland who's major weakness is his people skills.

EDIT: I was trying to sort of do this for an exercise to figure certain personality traits follow-up and see how accurate I was. Godmode style just sort of defeats the point though so could we just say no mary-sue dues-ex or godlike character combos? also if you could list some reasoning behind why you chose your 3 that would be great too.

noparlpf
2014-10-27, 09:17 PM
Misaka Mikoto's electrokinesis (Toaru universe by Kamachi Kazuma), Musujime Awaki's teleportation (Toaru universe), and...hmm...some character who can read animals' minds (but not humans, ew).

TheThan
2014-10-27, 09:19 PM
Easy mode:

Indiana Jones
Allan Quatermain
Doc Savage

My adventures would be EPIC!

Cantalooping
2014-10-27, 09:31 PM
Hmm, mine would be:

Sherlock Holmes (smart, observant, also quite decent in a fight)
Commander Shepard (cause he/she is just that damn cool, hands down)
Violet, from The Incredibles movie (invisiblity and force fields - why wouldn't I want them!)

Aedilred
2014-10-27, 09:32 PM
Tony Stark
Dorian Gray
D'Artagnan

Can't go too far wrong there, I think.

Jaycemonde
2014-10-28, 01:07 AM
I'm assuming I can't pick characters I've created, so I'll find close analogies.

Hoxton
Pros: Demolitions, ability to be sneaky-peaky, extremely acute sense of time. Sprinting backwards.
Cons: Kinda-sorta wanted by the FBI. But that's under an alias or twenty, so I think I'd be good.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IibBJz4uOYw/hqdefault.jpg
Dorian
Pros: He's an ANDROID. Armored chassis, emulated emotions, ability to connect to computer systems.
Cons: Needing to recharge. Not being able to heal if damaged/injured; needs repair facilities or at least spare parts.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/95312c5801daa86e4204894e68d45066/tumblr_ne4nj3O2741rf16j7o1_400.jpg
Olivia Dunham
Pros: Photographic memory, marksman, crazy mind powers, lapsing into alternate universes.
Cons: Potentially vulnerable familial ties, prone to panic attacks as a side-effect of Cortexiphan treatment, lapsing into alternate universes. Also has a job that involves looking at horrible things.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L6R6hhg0K38/UsyoIGSfQiI/AAAAAAAAATA/4iyg9WVELPU/s1600/tumblr_mhj5ysfCMf1qb8iico1_500.gif

The end result is apparently some kind of high-end robotic or cybernetic assassin that is adept at evading people and carrying out destructive tasks in a variety of ways, but that can't trust anybody and has to go for long periods of time without interacting with any colleagues or loved ones, and who can get into other universes--for better or worse--to cause havoc or hide. Also, no proper support network, which acts as a force of attrition over the long run. On the up side, crazy good combat skills and all the expected perks of being a machine (particularly where memory is concerned.
Stick some fur and horns on that weird mash-up and I'm good to go.

EDIT: Didn't see the bit about personal characters being allowed.
In that case, just replace Dorian with my android character 42a-209 (who is also an android and essentially identical aside from being less armored and more fluffy-looking):
http://puu.sh/ctMV0/fc20959c24.png

Basically the same effect either way.

EDIT EDIT: Am I the only one to get that there need to be cons as well as pros?

enderlord99
2014-10-28, 01:23 AM
Both of the last timelords (The Doctor and The Master) plus Melifleur (also known as the Lord of Lichdom)

Immortality out the wazoo, IIRC.

EDIT: If I need to replace one of the timelords with something else, I choose a character I came up with myself, named Chuck. His main drawback is that there is always someone trying to kill him... but that weakness is easily rendered irrelevant by the other characters in the fusion.

Mystic Muse
2014-10-28, 02:19 AM
Only going to choose one here.

My goddess of death character I made for a personal setting.

Omnipotent, omnipresent, Omnibenevolent, and omniscient, while still having plenty of time for her hobbies, and being able to micromanage death down to the tiniest detail to make sure things go like they're supposed to.

I think that's pretty much all I'd ever need.:smalltongue:

Eldan
2014-10-28, 03:50 AM
Let's see. I want immortality (invincibility a bonus), that's just a starter. So, a Timelord, probably? Unless I can think of something better. Then super-intelligence is nice. Then something that totally breaks physics, just to annoy some scientist friends of mine. And a mobility power, that's always nice. Mnd control if I can fit it in.

So, let's see. The Doctor: immortality, regeneration, telepathy, resistance to psychics, a ton of extra senses and probably some kind of enhanced intelligence. And a body that does a lot of amazing things and is difficult to hurt conventially.

D&D epic spellcasting. It's powerful, but still requires time, effort and research so things don't get too easy, but in the end, if you don't save the world with it, you either don't want to or you really suck at it. I'll go with Mordenkainen, his name is cooler than Elminster's. It also covers pretty much the entire spectrum of traditional superpowers.

That leaves a certain weakness with technology that needs to cover, though the Doctor isn't bad at it. I'll add Dragon, one of my favourite characters from Worm. As a distributed AI who also got superpowers from an interdimensional godlike entity, that gives me amazing processing speed and multitasking, backups in case I'm killed and the ability to pull new technology out of nowhere, as well as the ability to build and understand it.

I'd say five to ten years to world domination, if I'm careful. Another twenty years for solving the basic problems like climate change, hunger and poverty, then we can start on the complicated stuff. Less than a century to transhumanity and the singularity.

Jon_Dahl
2014-10-28, 04:20 AM
Garrett from Thief
Red Viper from the Game of Thrones (specifically the TV series, if there's any conflict with the books)
Forge from Marvel

Gnomvid
2014-10-28, 06:53 AM
Captain America, Thor and the Submariner

The_Ditto
2014-10-28, 07:41 AM
Bugs Bunny
Speedy Gonzalas.
Tweety Bird.

:)
I'm INVINCIBLE!!!!!
MWAAHAAHAHAHAHA

oh wait, Road Runner .. I need Road Runner in there ..
Ok, scrap Speedy Gonzalas ... Road Runner's better :)

And responsibilities? Well, all 3 just sit around and relax and eat all day!

WOOHOOO!!
:smallbiggrin:

Jay R
2014-10-28, 08:24 AM
My first thought was to open with Casanova, Don Juan, and James Bond.

My second thought was to go for survivability, with Lazarus Long, Woodrow Wilson Smith, and Aaron Sheffield, but somebody would complain that I wasn't meeting the "three fictional characters" rule.

The big problem is that I wouldn't want to live like most fictional characters. We don't tell stories about happy, contented lives.
Eternal fun and immortality like Peter Pan? Yes. Never grow up? No!
Near-infinite riches and abilities like Edmond Dantes? Yes. Betrayed by my friends and fifteen years in prison first? No!
Brilliant fighting skills and strategy like D'Artagnan? Yes. Losing my lover to Milady's vengeance? No!
Perfect shooting like Kid Curry, or poker skills like Hannibal Hayes? Yes. Wanted by the law? No!
Incredible physical skills like Captain America? Yes. Frozen until everybody I know is gone? No!
Incredible inventiveness of Tony Stark? Yes. Heart that doesn't work? No!

I think I'd go with Gomez Addams, Captain Blood, and Tarzan, each of whom married the woman he loved and stayed married from then on.

Gnomvid
2014-10-28, 08:42 AM
Bugs Bunny
Speedy Gonzalas.
Tweety Bird.

:)
I'm INVINCIBLE!!!!!
MWAAHAAHAHAHAHA

oh wait, Road Runner .. I need Road Runner in there ..
Ok, scrap Speedy Gonzalas ... Road Runner's better :)

And responsibilities? Well, all 3 just sit around and relax and eat all day!

WOOHOOO!!
:smallbiggrin:

That's Speedy Gonzales not Gonzalas

The_Ditto
2014-10-28, 08:49 AM
That's Speedy Gonzales not Gonzalas

And yet you knew who I was talking about :smallconfused:

Killer Angel
2014-10-28, 09:10 AM
I'm tempted to just say "Mary Sue"...

Reprimand
2014-10-28, 01:04 PM

Certainly you have some favorites? Books, TV shows, movies, whatever?

Jay R
2014-10-28, 01:47 PM

Mary Sue, Pun-Pun, and ... we need a third one

Zmeoaice
2014-10-28, 02:32 PM
God from Futurama
God from South Park
God from Bruce Almighty

I like omnipotence. Omnipotence is cool. And so is onpipresence. I'd be able to view everything everywhere forever.

Although I'm not sure if South Park's God is forced to look like a hippo cat thing.

Jaycemonde
2014-10-28, 02:43 PM
Certainly you have some favorites? Books, TV shows, movies, whatever?

I think the problem is that everybody here is minmaxing and powergaming, trying to find the easiest way to literally become the whole focus of the world. Somebody saying "Mary Sue" without context is likely commenting on that.

Asta Kask
2014-10-28, 03:01 PM
I would definitely think you would include a goat or two among your choices, Jayce.

Alex12
2014-10-28, 03:08 PM
Let me see.

Simon (TTGL)
Any Culture GSV (from the Culture series)
Darkseid (DC comics)

I am now fundamentally indistinguishable from a god.

Cuthalion
2014-10-28, 03:12 PM
Count of Monte Cristo?
Iron Man?

Mystic Muse
2014-10-28, 03:12 PM
I think the problem is that everybody here is minmaxing and powergaming, trying to find the easiest way to literally become the whole focus of the world. Somebody saying "Mary Sue" without context is likely commenting on that.

No no, I'd specifically go out of my way not to be the focus of the world. I just think being literally all-powerful prevents shenanigans from anybody else trying to put me under their thumb.:smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2014-10-28, 03:23 PM
Someone who was happy. I would very much like that.

And not in a fool's paradise either.

Jay R
2014-10-28, 03:29 PM
I think the problem is that everybody here is minmaxing and powergaming, trying to find the easiest way to literally become the whole focus of the world.

The point of the exercise is to find out what people would do.

If some people want to powergame, why not? That answered the question of what they would do.

Meanwhile, it's certainly not true that "everybody here" is min-maxing, powergaming, or literally becoming the focus of the world. My suggestion of Gomez Addams, Captain Blood, and Tarzan certainly doesn't qualify, especially given that my reasoning was that they all marry the woman they love, and stay married from then on.

Reprimand
2014-10-28, 04:01 PM
The point of the exercise is to find out what people would do.

If some people want to powergame, why not? That answered the question of what they would do.

Meanwhile, it's certainly not true that "everybody here" is min-maxing, powergaming, or literally becoming the focus of the world. My suggestion of Gomez Addams, Captain Blood, and Tarzan certainly doesn't qualify, especially given that my reasoning was that they all marry the woman they love, and stay married from then on.

Well what would people pick if you still had to have a reasonable weaknesses or at least be mortal in someway. If everyone answers "perfect" or "god" you don't exactly get much out of the answer other than "I'm not currently perfect, but if I could be I would be!

I just made myself well rounded in most things I'm still definitely mortal, A sword through my heart would still kill me.

Jaycemonde
2014-10-28, 04:15 PM
I would definitely think you would include a goat or two among your choices, Jayce.

That's what the "add horns" bit is there for. The only really easily recognizable probably-fictional character I could think of as far as goats go is Baphomet, but that's straying near stuff we can't talk about.
Oh, and there's me, myself, but I wasn't sure if that would count. If it did, why would I need to even add two other people? That, and 42a-209 exists in the same "setting" (to give a vague definition) as my actually physically goatly self.

It's called a generalized statement. If I was being really specific, I would have listed the three or four examples of people who weren't godmoding, including you and myself.

If everyone answers "perfect" or "god" you don't exactly get much out of the answer other than "I'm not currently perfect, but if I could be I would be!

That's my problem with threads like this in general. People don't like the idea of not being perfect in a way that could easily afford them control over everyone else's lives, so that shows through in most of the answers. It's unacceptable in storywriting and most roleplaying circles and if everybody was perfect there would be no reason to having a social life--our flaws and our lack of omnipotent knowledge are what define us as people.

The ones that are actually creative or that have a decent limit on them (such as ensuring a happy life with a loved one but not much beyond that) are a joy to read.

Reprimand
2014-10-28, 04:38 PM
Let's go ahead and just go with no godmode sort of characters or at least not mary sue-isque characters

I'll change the OP.

Aedilred
2014-10-28, 04:56 PM
EDIT EDIT: Am I the only one to get that there need to be cons as well as pros?

No. But it's pretty vague what those cons are. You pick up the attributes of the characters, including anything negative, so, sure, Tony Stark has a busted heart and a liver working overtime.

But the line between innate attribute and just something that happens to the characters as part of the plot is pretty ill-defined. In the example given, Superman is doomed to watch his loved ones grow old and die by dint of being Superman; it's just something that's inevitable with the character being how he is. But what if instead we look at Batman? Seeing his parents get murdered is pretty much a defining feature of the character: if that doesn't happen, he's not Batman. But having his back broken by Bane - that's just something that happens to him much later. You can be Batman and remain in possession of a functional spine.

It's also open to question to what extent the attributes of the characters interact with each other. Taking my selections - I mentioned above about the physical problems Tony Stark suffers, but if he also has the attributes of Dorian Gray, all that goes into the painting, so it doesn't matter. Stark's a loner; D'Artagnan is largely defined by his friends, so how does that shake out? Is the death of Constance a defining feature of the character, or just something that happens? (Given it happens fairly late on in the book, probably the latter).

Reprimand
2014-10-28, 06:36 PM
No. But it's pretty vague what those cons are.

Mostly just general stuff. you take a negative personality traits of other people as well as good ones. So my wanting to be like Roland as one of characters would also make me incredibly bad with people and as likely to kill an entire town worth of people and shoot a woman taken as a hostage before I consider rescuing her. You get immediate weaknesses of the character: Superman = kryptonite for example.

Lex-Kat
2014-10-28, 08:22 PM
Let's see....

Mystique, Raven Darkhölme, of many super villain and super hero teams (Marvel). The ability to shapeshift to look however I want to. And who needs money, when you can just shapeshift to look like you're wearing clothes.

Of course, how embarrassing it'd be to get knocked unconscious and my lack of clothes becomes apparent. :smalleek:

Invisible Woman, Sue Richards, of the Fantastic Four (Marvel). Invisibility, and able to manipulate an invisibilty field into either a defensive shield of varying strengths or an offensive weapon.

Velocity, Carin Taylor, of Cyber Force (Image/Top Cow). Te ability to run at Mach 3 sounds pretty sweet. :smallbiggrin:

Plus, all three are combat trained, with Mystique having the added benefit of being an expert assassin. :smallwink:

noparlpf
2014-10-28, 08:28 PM
Running at Mach 3 is one thing, but even assuming that works with all the confounding factors...you're still running. Running takes effort. Why not teleport?

Reprimand
2014-10-28, 08:36 PM
Running at Mach 3 is one thing, but even assuming that works with all the confounding factors...you're still running. Running takes effort. Why not teleport?

Style points? I mean sure you can poof somewhere else and that's neat but he can also just run on foot next to a guy doing 120mph in his new sports car.

Lex-Kat
2014-10-28, 08:48 PM
I thought about that. But the only character I can think of that teleports is Nightcrawler. And as much as I love the little blue elf, I certainly don't want to smell like BAMF! everywhere I go. :smalltongue:

But I like the style points as well. :smallbiggrin:

thorgrim29
2014-10-28, 09:56 PM
Let's see.... My goal would be to be able to accomplish as much (or as little) as I want to, not getting old, and the ability to easily change identities in order to not get found out. I also do not want to put myself in the position of being unable to die should I really want to. With that in mind:

1: Belgarath the sorceror. Agelessness couple with apparently not getting bored or particularly bummed out by it and almost unlimited reality altering powers (which I would probably only use for shapeshifting and building stuff) along with the willpower and imagination to use them properly. Downsides include being a bit of a toy of prophecy (but not at the end of the series, so I'd take it from there) and a tendency towards tragic love stories.

2: Next would be the ability to survive pretty much anything. Wolverine comes to mind, but the claws and adamantium are pretty conspicuous. The immortals from Baccano! can't check out unless another immortal eats them so they're out. The cheerleader from heroes looses sensation and I would count extremely accident prone as a disadvantage... So let's say a version of wolverine without the bone claws before he got the bling installed. Most of Wolverine's problems come from other mutants, and since in that scenario I'd be the only one with superpowers I think I'd get off pretty lightly. Oh or I could go with Captain Jack Harkness. Immortal, super charismatic, knowledge of future technology and ability to absolutely rock a greatcoat. Downsides... Being omnisexual would be a bit weird for a few months but I'm sure I'd get into it eventually. Yeah, Captain Jack it is.

3: This one would probably be a technopath or a preposterously good hacker, in order to create new identities/bank accounts. That or the power of the Gamer from the titular korean comic book (manwha I believe is the technical term). The guy pretty much levels up like an old school RPG character in everything he does, has access to extradimentional storage and can analyse stressful situations rationally. I could just level up computer skills on a closed network until they're at a super high rank and go to town. Downsides are mainly living in a weird maskarade like situation where people who know about my powers try to hunt me down.

With that power set I can just as easily relax in Tahiti (it's a wonderful place) for a century or go out into the world and do good by becoming a politician or founding a company/charity, or whatever I feel is the best way to go about it with my by then vastly improved intelligence and wisdom.

Kajhera
2014-10-28, 10:34 PM
Twilight Sparkle, alicorn princess.
Data from TNG. Ability to remove one's emotion chip seems like it would help a fair bit with the panic attacks picked up from said alicorn.
Anyanwu from Wild Seed ... presuming this didn't immediately imply the existence of Doro. Her struggles and allegory should balance out the previous two utopias to keep me grounded in something like the real world.

There's not necessarily a ton of coherence to a shapeshifting android alicorn, but ...

Amidus Drexel
2014-10-28, 10:45 PM
Eh, most fictional characters in the stories I like get the short end of the stick at some point. I think there's only one I'd really rather be.

Tom Bombadil. Dude is always happy, always has free time, and can generally do whatever he wants. Nothing's a serious threat to him except something with divine power.

Starwulf
2014-10-28, 11:33 PM
Erevis Cale from the Forgotten Realms. Incredibly resourceful assassin that eventually acquires god/demi-god powers(on a lower scale though, nothing like a true D&D epic level wizard or anything) based on shadow manipulation. He's quite honorable though, greatly loves those who he served as a butler for a long period of time while in hiding, and of course his friends.(One of my most favorite moments in ANY fantasy series is when he has to give his life to Mephistopheles as part of a bargain to stop a world threat. His friend Riven is PISSED, warps in to Mephistos territory, and for a brief moment unleashes unholy hell on him, then steps back and says (Paraphrasing) "I can only hope you come outside of your domain in the future, because what I Just did here will look like foreplay". Ahhh, such wonderfulness ^^ Hell, now that I'm thinking about it...Might be time to revisit that series :)

Uhh...man, just not sure after that. Maybe the power of the characters from Mistborn involving various types of elemental manipulation by imbibing various metals and what not in miniscule amounts? And then....ehh, just give me the martial prowess of Grunthor from the Rhapsody series :) The ability to pick up just about any weapon and be able to use it proficiently ^^

Bulldog Psion
2014-10-29, 12:23 PM
Easy for me. I only need one character -- Corwin of Amber.

Pros I'd gain: immortal youth and vigor; amazing powers of recovery; near-immunity to disease; great strength; the Trumps of Doom; and, to make it all hang together, the ability to move between realities and find whatever the heck I wanted to see/experience/do, including completely random stuff.

Cons I'd have to accept: an incredible yearning for the throne of Amber, which is an extremely fatal thing to gain, though apparently this yearning can be banished by sufficient maturation; nasty, equally powerful relatives who are always going to view me as a threat no matter what and may try to randomly eliminate me (assuming they can find me, of course); dangers of the multiverse.

Immortality, shadow-shifting, and a touch of magic are enough to sell it to me, though. There's got to be so much stuff out there to just see, that nobody will ever be able see -- except for a being like an Amberite.

Give me that, and I sure wouldn't be here posting. :smallbiggrin: I'd be 15 realities away and walking, questing and questing for that thing that can never be found ...

(Edit: I almost said Merlin, because he's more of a sorcerer than his dad, besides having pretty much all the other advantages, too. However, there's the whole Chaos thing -- being a hulking demonic shapeshifter under a thin veneer of humanity, living in the ghastly Courts of Chaos growing up, having to deal with even worse politics than Amber against a truly alien, hellish backdrop ... yeah, a few spells aren't worth going through all that if you don't have to, IMO.)

Rain Dragon
2014-10-29, 01:13 PM
I don't want to spoil any of these stories, so details are in spoilers.

In no particular order, I would be...

Rand Al'Thor (After the end of the Wheel of Time series.)
A dark-haired blue-eyed handsome young man with access to mysterious powers which may or may not use the Source. Whatever happens after the story, this version of Al'Thor interests me. Especially considering he was one of my least favourite characters of the start of the series...

Advantages
-

But on the spin side...
-He went through quite a lot. I'm absolutely not expecting everything that happened in the books to have no effect on him at all

Xym the Rogue (My character)
Xym is basically, 'Well who exactly would I be in a fictional setting anyway?' A social outcast with an aversion to sunlight, Xym is a 'True Neutral' furred being with large bat-like wings who can fly. Oh yes, and sweet throwing knife skills.

Advantages
-

But on the spin side...
-There's no way he could move freely around in today's society without freaking a large portion of the populace out and possibly getting shot at or captured in the process
-Despite having supernatural senses, he's more susceptible to bright flashes of light and sudden loud sounds

Cortana (From the Halo video game series)
Cortana is no doubt one of my favourite video game characters of all time. Strictly speaking, most of what I like about Cortana is from the novels and Halo 3. Unfortunately, despite being an AI who refuses to give up, Cortana is doomed to something called 'rampancy'. This is further worsened by some of the actions she has taken, which are explained mostly in the books (I believe).

Advantages
-

But on the spin side...
-Even AIs like Cortana are prone to 'thinking themselves to death' in a process called 'rampancy'. Without help, an AI's lifespan is only eight years
-Being a computer program means no physical form to speak of and a reliance on others

EDIT - Typo
EDIT - Gradually updating with more details for my own entertainment

Asta Kask
2014-10-29, 02:01 PM
Ged - or Sparrowhawk (from A Wizard of Earthsea)

Pros: extremely talented mage

Cons: There's this business with my Shadow... but you'll have to read the novel to find out more (it's worth it)

Jormengand
2014-10-29, 03:42 PM
Hmm... Satoru Klein (Adventures of the Writer); Arael, the Overdeity (PARAGON) and Tzeentch, Changer of Ways (Warhammer).

I'm immortal twice (Arael and Tzeentch), omnipotent twice (Arael and Satoru) and omniscient three times. I can take any drawbacks you can throw at me.

Of course, this does lead to me having to be lawful evil twice and true neutral once, but I guess I could be someone other than Arael if that became a problem.

Of course, if I'm being more sensible, I'd choose... hmm... Captain Listrata (War of Omens), Sigmar Heldenhammer or failing that Karl Franz (Warhammer) and Hubard (Tyrant). Intelligent and witty, the best warrior ever and the head of an almost unstoppable army. Drawbacks? Uhm... Well, Listrata is a little bit headstrong, and so is Karl Franz, and Hubard... well, we don't really know enough about him to tell. Maybe take Lash (Advance Wars) instead, in which case I get her naivety and carelessness thrown around as a drawback to being a veritable genius.

Ifni
2014-10-29, 10:30 PM
Hmm. The first two that came to mind were Miles Vorkosigan and Nynaeve al'Meara, which would on one hand give me incredible intelligence, inexhaustible energy, the ability to inspire everyone around me to perform at their very best, courage and self-certainty, and the ability to heal any illness or injury short of death (mental illnesses included), with teleportation and some other nifty tricks thrown in on the side. (Physical attributes... Nynaeve gets a multi-century lifespan, Miles gets to be short, brittle-boned and easily injured. I can cope with these.) On the other hand it would also give me an insatiable thirst for recognition, a tendency toward hyperactivity + lashing out at people when upset, a serious chip on my shoulder about being underestimated (twice over), a talent for leaping headlong into dangerous situations (twice over), and a philosophy for conflict resolution that seems to boil down to "When In Doubt, Escalate The Situation".

... it would certainly not be boring, that's for sure :smallwink:

Gnome Alone
2014-10-30, 12:20 AM
1. Kvothe the Bloodless/Arcane/Kingkiller/Lord of the Andals and Mother of Dragons/Etc.

PROS: This is practically cheating already, since Kvothe is like a tristalt bard//rogue/artificer/swordsage//wizard/truenamer all by himself. I will know Words of Power in the Language of the Making. Failing that, I will have like a kajillion tricks up my sleeve.

CONS: Catastrophically depressive. Massive weakness for the ladies.

2. Atticus the Iron Druid

PROS: Can use druidic bindings for all sorts of fun stuff: quasi-invisibility, fast-healing, etc. Immune to most magical attacks. Virtually immortal, between über-powered doodad and cunning, millenia-old paranoia.

CONS: Tendency to piss people off. Massive weakness for the ladies.

3. The Gray Mouser

PROS: I feel like I'm sitting pretty here just from the first two, so, while not quite as ludicrously OP as the first two, dear old Mouse is (according to the guy who made him up) explicitly the best swordsman ever. Well, technically there was never a definitive answer as to whether he or Fafhrd was better than the other (or equally matched) but my filthy, stinky guts tell me it's the Mouser. As a side note, gets UMD as a class skill. Gets UMD as a class skill so hard that he's basically why rogues have UMD as a class skill in the first place.

CONS: Very smart, though not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Massive weakness for the ladies.

There we go. I can now cast magic bindings, speak true Names, sing and play the lute real good, turn into some animals, make magic doodads (twice over!), steal effectively (thrice over, now that I think about it), fight with a sword in several different styles, and have cleverly, cleverly only acquired flaws that I am already afflicted with anyway. Your move, universe.

Maryring
2014-10-31, 09:25 AM
Hrm. I think I would select a mix of the following.

Fujiwara no Mokou

Pros: Essentially the phoenix in human form. Eternal life's a useful thing. Gives me plenty of time to do whatever I want to do. Perhaps I might *eventually* be bored, but it's doubtful that there's ever gonna be an end of things to do. And if there *is* an end of new art to be experienced, I can just start creating it on my own.

Cons: Antisocial. Resurrective immortality. Still need to eat and drink.

Ricardo

Pros: Strong, agile and clever. Skill in martial arts and electronics wrapped up in a neat package of chronic heroism.

Cons: Look like a demon, naive, soulless, not recognized as a sentient being in most parts of the world. Pacifist in a world where everyone wants to use him to commit violence.

Honestly? I can't think of a third one.

Rater202
2014-11-02, 02:14 PM
1. Benjamin Kirby Tennyson, Ultimate Alien era

2. Diamond Gear of the Crystal Empire(OC, 11 year old genious prodigy, focusing on math and engineering)

3. Someone with complete immortality.

AGD
2014-11-17, 12:27 PM
1. Nanoha Takamachi out of "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha".

Nanoha is practically Jesus and Chuck Norris combined in the Body of a Magical Girl. When she was nine, she became a Magical Girl through Alien Technology. The Aliens in Nanoha look like Humans and there are almost zero male Characters in the Series. Then Nanoha wanted to protect her Town with her new Powers and met Fate Testorossa, an evil magical Girl. Nanoha defeats her and Fate becomes her best Friend. From there on, Nanoha defeats numerous Enemys and makes almost everyone of them into a new Friend of hers. The strange Thing is, that Nanoha actually wants to become Friends with her Enemys by their first Encounters. Her Enemys call her crazy at first, but in the End, they are all on the Side of Nanoha. Nanohas Charisma-Score must be colossal. Fate becomes Nanohas deepest "Friendship". They live together in the same House, adopt a Girl together, share a bed together and are often holding hands and hugging each other. The Voice Actresses of Nanoha and Fate and almost the entire Fandom are convinced, that they are a Canon-Couple, but it was never official.

Pros:
-Huge Magical Power. Nanoha can destruct Citys with her Magic.
-A beautiful and very nice Girlfriend, if the Theories are true.
-Dont have to deal with "Killing People"-Angst. Nanohas Actions make the Live for really everyone involved better and that makes her proud and happy.
-Colossal Charisma-Score

Cons:
-I would lose my Maleness.
-If the Theorys aren't true, i would be a heterosexuell Woman stucking in a World full of Womans and would probably never have Sex in my whole Life.
-There is the Possibility, that Fate and all the other former Enemys just stuck around with Nanoha because they dont want to be her Enemy again(Nanoha defeatet Fate, by tying her up and than hitting her with a City destroying Blast), which would make Nanohas Reliationship to Fate very unhealthy.

2. Yendred out of "Nuramon":

The german Novel "Die Elfen" from Bernhard Hennen ends with Nuramon as the last Elf on Earth. Since Humans cant use Magic and Nuramon is the only magical Creature on Earth, he and his Heirs have a Monopol on Magic, which is totally awsome. He marries the Human-Princess Daorumu and becomes three Children with her. The third Child is Yendred and has now not only the Magic-Monopol, but also a Royal Status and Wealth. While the first Child becomes a Master-Mage and the second Child becomes a Master-Fighter, Yendred becomes a Master-Mage and a Master-Fighter. But now comes the best Part. He grows up with two Human Girls, which become also Master-Fighters and builds a Love-Trio with them. No, not a Love Triangle where both Girls are fighting for him. It is a Relationship with three People. And the two Girls are not only tolerating each other, they want this Relationship and are also in Love with each other.

Pros:
-Being a Master-Mage with a Monopol on Magic
-Being a Master-Fighter
-Having two beautiful and nice Girlfriends, that are also Master-Fighters
-Being super rich, because of Royalty
-Being almost immortal
-The Girlfriend are also almost Immortal because of some Spells from the Family

Cons:
-Being a Soldier and therefore dealing with the whole "Killing People"-Angst.
-Having to deal with the Death of the older Brother
-Lets be realistic. There is a Chance, that the two Girlfriends don't love Yendred and are just together with him because of his Royalty and the Chance of Immortality.

3. A Metallic Dragon

Pros:
-Near Immortality
-High Physical and Magical Might
-Being a Creature of pure Good

Cons:
-Eventually dying throug a Battle
-Probably a very lonely Life

Jaycemonde
2014-11-17, 03:50 PM
Cons:
-I would lose my Maleness.
-If the Theorys aren't true, i would be a heterosexuell Woman stucking in a World full of Womans and would probably never have Sex in my whole Life.

>implying that "maleness" is tied to a swinging cod
>implying that a girl couldn't actually have a rockin' swinging cod
>implying that "theorys" and canon can't coexist thanks to the whole AU thing
>"heterosexuell" Woman stuck with other "Womans" and would never have Sex
>suggesting the other two personalities couldn't possibly make up for this one's potential orientation

If anything, combining Magical Girl Who Probably Doesn't Have a Donger with Guy That Probably Does Have a Donger would just result in you having both. So, y'know, rejoice.

Also, metallic dragons (at least the D&D kind) tend to have very fulfilling family lives. Unless you're in the Dragonlance universe. Then you're probably in for heartbreak.

AGD
2014-11-17, 04:37 PM
I am not sure, if I understand everything in your Spoiler. Could you explain every Point from your Spoiler in more Detail for me.

If there are like Woman looking People with both in the Nanoha-Franchise, that would at least explain, why there is no Underpopulation with that much Woman. Or one Man is meeting with 10 Women every once in a while, to prevent Underpopulation.

Okay, then there are even more Pros for the Metallic Dragon. I am still not sure, who of the three I would want to be. Probably still Nanoha, because I really don't want to deal with the whole "Killing People"-Angst.

Edit: Wait. I think, that I understand your Spoiler now. You are saying, that I should combine all three of them. I thought, I had to choose. Then I would be a Shemale Magical Girl-Magic Fihter-Dragon with three Girlfriends(are the Girlfriends add up or the Overage of all three Choices in which case I would have One Girlfriend(1(Nanoha)+2(Yendred)+0(Metallic Dragon)/3). But wait, the Metallic Dragon can have a Wife(or more) on its own, which complicates the Issue). That wouldn't be so bad.

I still don't understand your third Point. I have included the Possibility, that the Theorys are true in my Pros, so I am not saying that Canon and Theorys cant co-exist. I am just saying, that there is the Possibilty, that the Theories are not Canon and Nanoha and Fate are just really close Friends.

veti
2014-11-17, 05:24 PM
Let's take...

Terence, from Angry Birds. Cons: apparently immobile, but he still somehow manages to be wherever he needs to be. Pros: invincible and impervious.

The Oracle, from OOTS. Cons: occasional but impermanent death. Pros: he doesn't have to wait for comic updates.

For the third part, I'll keep my own life, problems and all, thank you so much. I can't think of any fictional family I'd be willing to trade mine for.

Traab
2014-11-17, 05:25 PM
Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor. I would be a freaking genius inventor, a master of all forms of business, and a detective so great people would be saying, "Sherlock Who?" Two good guys to balance the bad aspects of lex, a party animal nature from tony to counter the isolationism of bruce, and the self control of lex and bruce to counter tony and his hedonism.

Knaight
2014-11-18, 02:01 AM
Hmm, mine would be:

Sherlock Holmes (smart, observant, also quite decent in a fight)
Commander Shepard (cause he/she is just that damn cool, hands down)
Violet, from The Incredibles movie (invisiblity and force fields - why wouldn't I want them!)

Other than the crippling shyness, cocaine addiction, and general dysfunctionality implied by these three they seem like decent choices.

Tanuki Tales
2014-12-10, 11:46 PM
I'd be good with Warrant Officer Schrodinger from Hellsing.

Anyone else want to round that out with suggestions for two others?

Gnome Alone
2014-12-11, 02:21 AM
I'd be good with Warrant Officer Schrodinger from Hellsing.

Anyone else want to round that out with suggestions for two others?

Super Mario and Odin!

Tanuki Tales
2014-12-11, 05:26 PM
Super Mario and Odin!

Eh, most of Mario's stuff comes from items and power ups, so I think there are better options and which Odin? I mean, Schrodinger is a pretty good defensive option even for a Skyfather or above tier character (which most representations of Odin are, bare minimum), but I wasn't on a rush to spin galaxies on my finger tips for fun.

Kodr
2014-12-11, 08:14 PM
Blue Because if he can Skiddo than I can too.

Batman I want to be filthy rich. Best power.

Garlic Jr. I am short and wanna get all tall n beefy dawg.

Tanuki Tales
2014-12-11, 08:54 PM
Blue Because if he can Skiddo than I can too.

Blue is a girl, just fyi.

Freelance GM
2014-12-30, 12:44 AM
The Doctor. I'm a pretty big fan of time travel, close friendships, impossible science-fantasy, and saving the day with creativity and cunning instead of violence. Also, Regeneration seems like it could be pretty fun. Being stuck with the same face for eternity could get boring.

Gandalf. I get some magical powers to complement the Doctor's technical prowess, as well as the wisdom and restraint not to rely on them. Also, Gandalf tends to push people towards solving their own problems, instead of doing everything for them, so it would be a handy skillset to complement the Doctor's tendency of solving people's problems for them.

And Commander Shepard, because sometimes you just need to punch someone in the face. If things do take a turn for the violent, I'd like to have advanced weaponry, sweet power armor, the athletic figure necessary to look good in said armor, and 12+ true companions at my back. I actually think I'd pass on the Normandy- but I'd redecorate the interior of the TARDIS to look like it. I wonder if the elevator rides would take just as long in an infinite, structurally morphic pocket dimension?

The cons? I'd inherit all of the additional angst of being old and immortal from the Doctor and Gandalf.
A Wizard is never early, and Mass Effect's plot moves at the speed of the Normandy, so even with a TARDIS at my fingertips, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere before the exact second people needed me to be there.
I'd get a dirty dozen of awesome companions, but inherit all of their emotional baggage, personal issues, and relationship drama. On the bright side, between the Doctor and Shepard aspects, the chances of any of them permanently dying from anything but age or an incurable wasting disease are incredibly low. Actually, scratch that. At least one of them would permanently die in some kind of sadistic choice.

At some point, I'll more than likely end up dying horribly while performing a heroic sacrifice, but at least I'd get better. (Or reveal that I faked my own death with time travel and a shape-shifting robot.)

Still, I think the biggest inherent problem is that by becoming a gestalt of these three characters, I have doomed everything that is, was, or will be to at least a trilogy's worth (and at most, 813 episodes and counting) of back-to-back calamities.

But hey, I'd have a time machine, the Doctor's genius mind, Shepard's team and leadership skills, and Gandalf's ability to delegate. I'll take my chances.

Jaycemonde
2014-12-30, 02:38 PM
Blue is a girl, just fyi.

That is so completely irrelevant to whether or not somebody can Skiddo or whether or not someone identifies with them.

Scarlet Knight
2014-12-30, 08:55 PM
The brains of the Professor,
the wealth of Thurston Howell III
and the salt of the earth personality of Mary Ann.
Stir well; happiness will ensue...as long as we don't get stranded on an island...

Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor...

You don't think mixing a megalomaniac, a obsessive borderline psychotic, and alcoholism might be problematic?

Winter_Wolf
2015-01-01, 01:53 PM
I'd pick:
Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
Frank Moses (RED, RED 2)

Then again that's a pretty high concentration of awesome, grit, and dead people in my past. I'd have so much grit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grit_%28personality_trait%29) I'd make coarse sandpaper seem like silk in comparison. There's also the paranoia, grim demeanor, knack for getting sucked into absurdly dangerous situations all the time, and generally a lot of people wanting me dead.

Ravens_cry
2015-01-01, 05:50 PM
I'd want the shapeshifting of Mystique, the alchemy of Edward Elric, and the healing of Wolverine.

Vortalism
2015-01-02, 10:43 PM
Well I think that I'd like to have...

1. The Geass of LeLouch vi Britannia of Code Geass
Why? Because I can compel people to do whatever I want them to. Although problems will arise out of this like if I end up using the geass too often and have it become permanent...

2. The super speed of the Flash (mainly thinking of the CW's version of the Flash )
Why? Because its probably one of the most useful types of powers one can have as a superhero. Get stuff done faster. Problems will arise when I end up going through a new pair of shoes every couple of days due to friction and the huge caloric stress on my sped up metabolism. Although a plus side is that I can get to run more for nearly arbitrary reasons.

3. Durarara!! 's Tom Tanaka's ability to remain extremely calm in every situation ever
This one kind of speaks for itself, but yeah.

Rater202
2015-01-12, 01:39 AM
1. Benjamin Kirby Tennyson, Ultimate Alien era

2. Diamond Gear of the Crystal Empire(OC, 11 year old genious prodigy, focusing on math and engineering)

3. Someone with complete immortality.

I've changed my mind-Replace Ben 10 with Danny Phantom-Super strength, healing factor, flight, invisibility, intangibility, minor shape shifting, energy blasts, cryokinesis, and of course, the "Ghostly Wail". All that at once beats an unreliable shapeshifting watch anyday.

Lord Raziere
2015-01-12, 06:22 PM
If you could have the powers of any three fictional characters in real life which three would you pick? However you have to take the good that comes with the bad. i.e. Superman is still responsible for saving the world all day everyday while watching all the people he loves die of old age. I am including character you've created but only one per universe/game/etc.

Basically think of a 3 person gestalt from D&D 3.5

So, I get whatever three powersets I want from any universe, but I get all the downsides of said powers? as in, like I could choose Lelouch Lamperouge, but eventually my Code would be always on and therefore if I say the wrong thing, it turns out like the massacre at the end of the first season or something like that?

.....White Lantern Ring, Being A Pokemon Trainer, and Redeemed Discord

between two powers that are basically reality warping, the ability to capture and command any loyal cute monster with cool powers, and the only downsides being: facing other lanterns, constantly hounded by an annoying group of pathetic thugs wanting to capture my mascot Skitty who will always fail no matter what, and only being held back by being friends with Fluttershy, I think I've chosen well. and I can always capture Arceus himself with a Master Ball if two reality warping powers is not enough.

Durkoala
2015-01-13, 02:23 PM
I understood it more like you have to choose three people from a work of fiction, with their essential character quirks intact, both good and bad, but most people are powergaming. So you could choose Lelouch, but you'd be a flamboyant manipulator with ambigous morality and a love of chess motives with no idea how you really play. Oh, and your eye will jam open and risk accidently causing a massacre like you said.

---
Anyway, my first choice would be me, as I don't really like the idea of becoming a different person in an instant.
Pros: Keep my individuality, don't die as a person and leave all my legal rights to somebody else.
Cons: No superpowers, relatively boring life, procrastination.

However, I was running the teleporter from The Fly and there was an imminent disaster with only enough time to teleport once, the three people I'd want in the room with me at the time would be:

Thomas Natsworthy, Mortal Engines/Predator Cities.
Pros: Love of adventure, unwavering decency, epic charisma, pacifism and good at flying airships
Cons: Naive, frequently loses his home and family, falls in love with a psychopath, suffers a wound that eventually ends his life. (really hoping that the influence of the other two will help him avoid the last two items)

Uryu Ishida, Bleach
Pros: Intelligent, analytical, pragmatic, honourable, really good at sewing, very good at keeping himself groomed no matter the situation and has a lot of superpowers. These include sixth sense, superspeed, ghost arrow creation, the ability to shoot 12000 ghost arrows per second, good marksmanship, an array of spells and possibly regeneration and a super form.
Cons: Prideful, socially awkward, bad liar, hates buttons, bad relationship with his father, his powers require the presence of a type of particle and he's probably fatally allergic to the essence of Hollows.

Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings
Pros: Unconquerable determination, resistance to compulsion, good cook, good gardener, not an awful poet, utterly loyal, pretty damn good with a sword, skill at moving quietly, happy ending.
Cons: close-minded, life revolves around one person, somewhat intolerant and bigoted, can be pretty blunt.

Spanish_Paladin
2015-01-13, 05:38 PM
1) Captain Nathan Allgren from the last samurai
2) Aragorn (king Elessar Telcontar) from the lord of the rings
3) Raul Endymion from Hyperion Saga.

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-13, 09:27 PM
How anthropomorphic do my choices need to be?

miner3203
2015-01-15, 11:54 PM
1. Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings) - he's handy with a sword AND magic, what's not to like? Oh, and there's the whole "if-I-die-the-Valar-will send-me-back-to-finish-my-job" thing. Although, he does have a habit of only showing up just in time to save things. :smallwink:

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) - a lightsaber and Force powers would be nice to have on hand. If Kenobi has a weakness, it's probably the fact that once he sets his mind on something, he always thinks he's right about it.

3. Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) - because immortality. Also, traveling the galaxy for the sole purpose of insulting every person in it in alphabetical order takes perseverance. If this guy sets a goal, he's not going to let it go.

End result: A magic-wielding Jedi with insane persistence and a hubris problem who is always on time to everything. On second thought, when put that way, I may be rethinking this combo...

AGD
2015-01-18, 10:19 AM
I have three new choices, that I would like to be.

Pun-Pun

Pros

-He/She has no defined Personality, so I can make that up. Okay, I heard that He/She must be LN, but I have still enough Freedom with the Personality
-He/She is not just almighty, but has colossual Int-, Wis- and Cha-Stats, meaning, that I wouldn't ever use my Power for dumb Things and could bring everyone on my Side

Con
-I really have no Idea.

Tedd or Grace out of El Goonish Shive

Pros

-Being in a happy relationship
-Lots of changes for "experimantations" with myself and my partner. I could have every kind of sex that I want, without ever changing my partner. Okay, it would be only Yuri and Hetero-Stuff, but my Interest in Yaoi is only very small anyway
-eventually being with a second nice Girlfriend in the Future(Yes, I ship the OT3)
-Either being a telecinetic Shapeshifter or being together with one
-Either being together with a two-in-one-happy meal(I refer to Tedd, because I find him very cute as both genders) or being one

Cons

-Lots and Lots of Angst in the past, but their future seems to be bright

I must confess that the "losing my maleness"-Part with Nanoha was only a joke and that I am at least curious of being female, but I am not unhappy with my Gender. I don't know, if I would use the TF-Gun as often as Tedd, because I could imagine that to be female would be just to unusual for me, with the whole additional chest weight, periods and stuff.

Rater202
2015-01-18, 10:51 AM
Tedd is confirmed to be one the Transgendered Spectrum(specifically, he's gender fluid-he's gender identity is somewhere in between male and female, and which one he feels most like varies based on circumstances)

So um, if you're mixing Tedd in, Gender issues are gonna be part of the package.

AGD
2015-01-18, 10:58 AM
Yeah, but he isnt unhappy with his born gender, he just feels sometimes like female, so it is only an "issue" because of his Dad and some Jerks like Tony.

skypse
2015-02-02, 02:07 PM
That's easy... And I only need 1 person.

CHUCK NORRIS!

No weakness, no drawbacks. Just pure omni-omnience and omniawesomness!

Cyber Punk
2015-02-02, 03:11 PM
Hmm...

One of my characters, Sharpe
Prophet from Crysis (for an excuse to be inside a Nanosuit)
Batman (Because who doesn't want to be Batman? Also, STEALTH)

Lord Raziere
2015-02-02, 09:32 PM
That's easy... And I only need 1 person.

CHUCK NORRIS!

No weakness, no drawbacks. Just pure omni-omnience and omniawesomness!

Nope.

Chuck Norris hates gay people. thats too big of a drawback to justify any omni-whatever to my way of thinking.

SouthpawSoldier
2015-02-03, 12:15 AM
Nope.

Chuck Norris hates gay people. thats too big of a drawback to justify any omni-whatever to my way of thinking.

I don't think values of the targets are factors or the point of the thread; just abilities, influence, etc.

Pan Qing Fu: THE martial artist.

Christopher Lee: Prolific actor, heavy metal artist, and served as inspiration for James Bond.

Isaac Asimov: Does it really need explanation?

skypse
2015-02-03, 08:03 AM
Nope.

I don't think values of the targets are factors or the point of the thread; just abilities, influence, etc.

This :) OP didn't say that we get this person's mindset. Only his responsibility. I find it hard to believe that Chuck Norris sees as his responsibility to kill every gay person in the world, and even if he secretly does, we can't know. So Chuck still wins this :P

Knaight
2015-02-03, 09:24 AM
This :) OP didn't say that we get this person's mindset. Only his responsibility. I find it hard to believe that Chuck Norris sees as his responsibility to kill every gay person in the world, and even if he secretly does, we can't know. So Chuck still wins this :P

Other than how he's a mediocre actor at best and a decent martial artist who is hardly deserving of the Chuck Norris jokes, sure.

AGD
2015-02-03, 09:52 AM
Yeah, but he isnt unhappy with his born gender, he just feels sometimes like female, so it is only an "issue" because of his Dad and some Jerks like Tony.

I want to apologize for saying something about a condition, that I didn't fully understand. I have done some Research and it seems like genderfluid people are experiencing gender dysphoria, when they feel like the gender, that they aren't born with. So it isn't just an issue because of other people. I am sorry, if it seemed like I took an issue too lightly.

If I said accidently anything wrong or offensive in this Post, please let me know.

Eldan
2015-02-03, 10:07 AM
So, since Lelouch was mentioned and he's a good contender, I'm thinking about worst combinations, now. Personality/weakness wise.

Who can think of any combinations where the weakness of one more than nullifies the strength of the other?

Nomination the first: Ikari Shinji as a Green Lantern.

skypse
2015-02-03, 11:37 AM
Other than how he's a mediocre actor at best and a decent martial artist who is hardly deserving of the Chuck Norris jokes, sure.

Well obviously the Chuck Norris we all love is the jokes persona so that's who I'm referring to :)

DJ Yung Crunk
2015-02-03, 11:49 PM
Lil B
The BasedGod
Brandon McCartney

I would be more #positive and #based every day. People I meet on the street would smile at me. And I'd say back to them "I love you" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6-V7J5S-0)

McStabbington
2015-02-12, 09:36 PM
Okay, so three fictional characters, each from a different universe, and I have to accept the weaknesses as well as the strengths. Admittedly at first glance, my picks might seem like powergaming, but despite the immense power, I'm actually picking less for power than for balancing out each character's weaknesses while building on their strengths, so that I can do many things to accomplish what I'd really like to do, which is to become a hero for people to look up to, to inspire people to be better.

Pick 1:

Bennett du Paris, aka Exodus (Marvel Universe)

I was tempted, very tempted, to keep my powers more subdued and go for Spiderman, but Exodus has long been a favorite character of mine, and it was rather too tempting to pass up. If you are going by the goofy "class" of mutant powers introduced in the wretched X-Men 3, then Exodus is easily a Class-4 Mutant, who is generally considered the most powerful overall combination of telepathy and telekinesis not named The Phoenix Force. Xavier might technically be a stronger telepath, and I imagine that in theory Sentry is a more powerful telekinetic (though to my knowledge the two have never matched off against each other), but it's a bit of a "Superman vs. Flash" kind of scenario where the best at everything goes up against the best at one thing: usually, the strongest overall loses, but only marginally so. In this case, Exodus can give either of those characters a run for their money at their chosen specialty, while still retaining his sanity. What is more, he has the added bonus of virtual immortality, limited healing factor, and I'm guessing enhanced durability, if you consider the fact that he's been stabbed by Wolverine and healed the damage.

Admittedly, he's got some serious issues with megalomania, which is why I made my third pick the way I did.

Pick 2:

Bruce Wayne, aka Batman (DCAU)

Incredible wealth. Incredible willpower. Incredible physique. Incredible intellect. Batman is very close to getting Captain America, Black Widow and Tony Stark all in the same package. Now I realize that the monomaniacal pursuit of justice may ordinarily seem like a drawback, but honestly, I've pretty much already got that in my present form anyway. Having control of a multi-billion dollar corporation just gives me the tools to use it. Admittedly, I might have to go about it differently than Batman does, because I'm altering myself with this pick rather than the universe. I don't assume that there is now a city wherein crime is rampant and the institutions are perpetually on the verge of falling apart, and only I can serve as a beacon of justice.

Gotham may have been what made Batman, but Gotham isn't necessary for Batman. Even if there had been no crime wave, Bruce would have served as a knight in one capacity or another.

Just as a side note, I'm being very specific about picking the Batman from the DCAU as written by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. One of the hidden drawbacks about picking Batman is that if you aren't very, very careful, you get Adam West camp, which is awful, or you get ridiculously over-the-top gritty, which is also awful. The DCAU Batman is very serious, but he's also got the immense humanity and care for his fellow humans underneath it that I both respect immensely and deeply desire to have.

Pick 3: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars original trilogy)

You may think that with Exodus' telekinesis and telepathy, there really isn't a need for Kenobi's skills and abilities, that I'm only picking up a laser sword. You would be wrong, or at least, seduced by the Dark Side of the Star Wars Universe, which sees the power of the Jedi as any other form of superpower, and where Jedi are measured by how fast they spin their lightsabers. This is otherwise known as the late Lucas version of the Jedi.

No, I'm picking the Original Trilogy version of Ben Kenobi, the one where a Jedi's strength is tied to his wisdom and connection with the Force. Honestly, if my headcanon had been played out on screen, far from being a member of the Jedi Counsel, Kenobi would never have been more than a mid-level Jedi Knight, an order of magnitude less powerful than Yoda or the Emperor (with Vader somewhere between those two levels). But he nevertheless possessed a deep sense of wisdom, compassion, and willingness to rely on the power to persuade and reason with others rather than rely on the Force. Even when he does use The Force, it's always small and gentle. Ben Kenobi guides and leans where Vader pushes, and it's that difference, that capacity to moderate one's power that I am looking for. I might have gone for Yoda, but the drawback of being a little green muppet was a bit much for me. Ben Kenobi does have his flaws: his tendency to write his own headcanon and replace that with fact, his failure to see anything but the best in his friends and his rather headstrong confidence in his own abilities that sometimes puts him in over his head. But he is perceptive, and wise, and willing to acknowledge his own weaknesses, which makes him the invaluable third man that tempers Bruce's monomania and Bennett's powerhungry impulses.

I don't want to rule the world. I want to make it better, more caring, more just. It's Obi Wan who will give me the wisdom to know how best to make use of my nigh mind-boggling capacity. It doesn't hurt that goal that, in order to be Ben Kenobi, there really would now be an energy field created by all living things that surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together. This would be the reason why I picked Obi Wan over Jean Luc Picard, who I would have desired for much the same reason.

Durkoala
2015-02-13, 06:48 PM
So, since Lelouch was mentioned and he's a good contender, I'm thinking about worst combinations, now. Personality/weakness wise.

Who can think of any combinations where the weakness of one more than nullifies the strength of the other?

Nomination the first: Ikari Shinji as a Green Lantern.

The trouble with that is that Green Lanterns are part of an intergalactic army of heroes, who are probably going to be supportive and friendly with Shinji, and Shinji Ikari plus genuine care plus powers based on confidence equals Simon the Digger. :smallwink:

I do like this idea, though, so here's my contribution.

Nomination the second: Light Yagami as a Super Saiyan.

While giving a criminal genius the power to destroy planets looks overpowered at first, Light is involved in a game of wits and deception with his enemies. The last thing he needs is a flashy transformation that lights up his immediate area like a football arena. He also can't hold the tranformation indefinitely and it doesn't effect his base form, so he can be easily tracked and shot when he runs out of juice.
While he can possibly outfight all the powers of the world's military and blow away cities, he is going to have to be very efficient at destroying all resistance in a single strike, or any sane commander will order his resting place carpet bombed the minute he powers down. Even if he does destroy the armed forces of the world, his name and face will be likely be broadcast quickly around the world for anybody with a grudge to take a crack at him while he's vulnerable.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2015-02-14, 12:04 PM
Golden A.M.A.Z.O.
Ellimist(animorphs)
and a character i made called Deus Rex, hes basically a tyrant, with the power to alter reality.
i like power.

Traab
2015-02-14, 09:46 PM
The brains of the Professor,
the wealth of Thurston Howell III
and the salt of the earth personality of Mary Ann.
Stir well; happiness will ensue...as long as we don't get stranded on an island...

You don't think mixing a megalomaniac, a obsessive borderline psychotic, and alcoholism might be problematic?

No, no I dont. As I said, the varied traits of the other two guys will help balance the bad sides out. Both bruce wayne and tony stark are of the good persuasion, to balance out any evil tendencies brought about by the luthor part of the gestalt. Both bruce and lex have massive self control and no real overwhelming interest in partying hard and drinking everything in sight, so that would rein in the alcoholism. And tony has enough party animal in him to help them relax a bit. Make it less of an act on bruce waynes part, and not just an obligation to make contacts and such on the part of luthor. Combine the inventive brilliance of tony and bruce with the business management skill of luthor and I would own the world, (not rule, own) With the charisma of tony stark and bruce wayne's persona, I would own the world and the world would be happy about it!

Scarlet Knight
2015-02-15, 10:31 AM
No, no I dont. As I said, the varied traits of the other two guys will help balance the bad sides out. Both bruce wayne and tony stark are of the good persuasion, to balance out any evil tendencies brought about by the luthor part of the gestalt... I would own the world, (not rule, own) With the charisma of tony stark and bruce wayne's persona, I would own the world and the world would be happy about it!

Ok, I agree if you are using the Batman I grew up with, the Lawful good one who for 50 years - while raising **** Grayson- was the best foster father this side of Jonathan Kent.

There are so many versions of these characters since I was a kid; but all 3 have charisma, high intelligence, wealth, and power. Likewise, I just saw 3 characters who had no trouble crushing the rights of others and because of their similarities, reinforcing rather than reducing their bad sides.

Traab
2015-02-15, 11:31 AM
Ok, I agree if you are using the Batman I grew up with, the Lawful good one who for 50 years - while raising **** Grayson- was the best foster father this side of Jonathan Kent.

There are so many versions of these characters since I was a kid; but all 3 have charisma, high intelligence, wealth, and power. Likewise, I just saw 3 characters who had no trouble crushing the rights of others and because of their similarities, reinforcing rather than reducing their bad sides.

True true, and im not even close to a good enough comic expert to be able to point to the specific incarnations of each i am talking about. Its entirely possible they could reinforce each others bad aspects, but im counting on the absolutely inhuman self control of 2/3 of the set to keep that from happening.

dbn2791
2015-02-17, 12:08 PM
1. Emma Frost
2. Dr. Strange
3. Mystique

While telepathy does have the potential to cause a lot of problems, it would be incredibly useful. Emma's powers in particular would be very useful in terms of being able to help people with psychic surgery (e.g. trauma victims & people with mental disorders). The ability to hide in plain sight due to psychic camouflage, as well as create psionic bolts is pretty cool. being able to upload/download info including languages is awesome. The diamond form also helps to shore up martial defenses. she also has an incredible talent for computers and electronics.

Dr. Strange has magic, specifically magic that allows you to create gold. You're set for life. Also you get flight and telekinesis, with a bunch of other fun extras. Also Dr. Strange's medical training works well with the psychic surgery aspect.

Mystique would be great since you can change any physical aspect about yourself, and if you don't like the change you can start over. Gender really doesn't become an issue with her powers. If you prefer one over the other you can just stay in that form. mystique is also a very proficient combatant, and marksman. Immortality is more of a burden than a gift in my opinion so her extended lifespan would be enough.

ArlEammon
2015-02-18, 07:55 PM
The Courier. ((Fallout New Vegas))

The Doctor ((The Doctor from Doctor Who))

The Dragonborn ((The Dragonborn from Skyrim))

BeerMug Paladin
2015-02-26, 02:53 AM
Doom Marine (The Doom Comic)

Axe Cop (Axe Cop)

Stardust the Super Wizard (Stardust)

Doom Marine would be my pick for keeping the other personalities grounded and sane.

DoctorFaust
2015-02-27, 12:31 PM
•Vino - Baccano!
•Sayaka Miki - PMMM: Rebellion
•David Rice - Jumper

Vino because he's one of the best and strongest fighters on Earth, and has the ego to match, which'll help balance out Sayaka's self-esteem issues. Also because being able to do the kind of acrobatics that he can would be really cool.

Sayaka because she can create weapons out of nowhere, which would be really useful, and also because of a very special power that she shows off during the final battle in Rebellion. However, she does have the self-esteem of an ant, and is a hopeless idealist.

David because, well, who doesn't want to be able to teleport. Also, from what I remember, his personality seems like it would be a decent counterbalance to the other two's.

DJ Yung Crunk
2015-02-28, 11:25 PM
The Doctor ((The Doctor from Doctor Who))

Which one?

GuesssWho
2015-03-01, 06:45 AM
Oh man, this is hard. But at the moment I'd probably choose Smeagol, Simm's Master and Mordred Deschain. Smeagol and Mordred have problems that can mostly be solved by making friends, and I always wanted to give them hugs when I read their books. The Master is way more screwed up, but he's a genius and it's not like his insanity couldn't be used constructively--why did no one have him be the Doctor's emergency weapon? :smallbiggrin:

alaalba_123
2015-03-05, 08:09 PM
Monkey D. Luffy, Neil Caffrey, and Albus Dumbledore. That makes me physically strong, fast and stretchy, a ridiculously smooth people person with a unique set of skills for crime, and an exceptionally powerful and inventive wizard. The downsides would be in arrogance (something all three characters struggle with) maintaining focus on menial tasks (only balanced by Dumbledore), and averaging their ages, I'd probably be in my fifties. I don't know how I feel about going from 21 to that.

VincentTakeda
2015-03-06, 08:21 PM
Yeah. I'd probably also go with Q...

Time travel AND nearly limitless power?
Drawback is that they get bored? Sure thing... I'm already bored.
A tribunal of other Q to take away your powers if you cause too much trouble? I can handle that.
I'd be a pretty well behaved Q.

KerfuffleMach2
2015-03-12, 07:14 PM
Let's see...

I would go with Venom, Samus, and Static Shock.

Fun times ahead.

Xyzzt
2015-03-28, 01:34 PM
I want to be the mad scientist on a volcanic island lain on the corpse of the first fire god patrolled by Direshark-Tarrasques with Godspear lasers on their heads. I then want to dominate the world with SCIENCE! laughing mad all the while as I bring down all resistance with my armies of mutant horrors, mad technology devised by getting really high, and country music. After my conquest is complete, I'll bring humanity into a new age of equality, innovation, and disco.

First, we need power, and the playfulness, mischievousness, and madness to use it. Heh, I guess I'm using Q too.

Second, we need the mind of a diabolical genius. There is none better then DOOM.

Finally, we need the idealism to make a better world, combined with deception and determination. He who united the world through giant eldritch squid, Ozymandias.

Trevortni
2015-03-31, 03:01 PM
1. I like Cent, from the Jumper series. She can teleport, and she's got the brains to figure out what to do with it, by way of figuring out cool stunts. She also has a loving family, which is much better than her dad's alcoholic father, and she's an awesome snowboarder/general-all-out-action-person. Sure she's got this evil organization for an enemy, but she's more than capable of dealing with them, by virtue of teleporting, having parents that can teleport, and just plain having a good head on top of her shoulders.

The fact that she can control her own velocity replaces my need to pick someone with wings, because I really think the feel of flying would just be cool. She can probably hang-glide or something if she wants to do it without Jumping.

I suppose, if I have to add 2 more....

2a. The Doctor. Immortal, gets to change faces once in a while, time travel is pretty awesome and time travel adventures are even more awesome. Brain (and sheer charisma) triumphs over all? Pretty cool. The Companions aren't bad either, and the trademarked enemies just make it more fun. But one other fictional character would give me the opportunity to give it a different flavor....

2b. Spock. Come on, he knows how pretty much every bit of technology on the Enterprise works. Even if I don't get the rest of the universe, I can build it, and get a nice extension on my lifespan to explore, to boot. Something would have to be done about that illogical logic, though....

2c. No, make that Kaylee from Firefly. She knows how to make a spaceship, and she has fun doing it. Pairing her together with Cent would be a perfect fusion.

3a. I suppose this is where I could choose Pug, from the Riftwar series. But he has his duty always hanging over his head, killing his fun, and his teleportation skills lessen the need for Cent. And Cent should not be lessened.

3b. Maybe Honor Harrington? She's smart and stuff, but I'm not sure I want the author expositing by making me think about things that are trivial to me as if they need to be explained to pre-Diasporan readers.

3c. Maybe just go with Wolverine before he was Wolverine, or someone else that has a healing factor that coincidentally gives him eternal youth.

3d. No! I want to be an Animorph. That's the ticket! Except there are those brain-controlling aliens they have to fight..... eh, maybe I'll just be some other shapeshifter. Or just..... I suppose I can start out as a 1st level Wizard or something....

Mr.Moron
2015-03-31, 03:22 PM
Randall the Omnipontent (from this post I made him up just now).
His powers are:

A) Being named Randall
B) Being Omnipotent

My other two choices are also Randall the Omnipotent.

GuesssWho
2015-03-31, 11:59 PM
Randall the Omnipontent (from this post I made him up just now).
His powers are:

A) Being named Randall
B) Being Omnipotent

My other two choices are also Randall the Omnipotent.

You have truly lived up to your username LOL

Gritmonger
2015-04-01, 01:25 AM
The Most Interesting Man in the World
Jacques Cousteau
Fred Rogers

Yes, two of those are non-fictional, but I'm talking about their on-screen personas.

I would perform the most interesting Ocean Life puppet shows.

Sparx MacGyver
2015-04-01, 01:27 AM
1. Doom Guy (Doom)
2. Samus Aran
3. Kaylie (Firefly)

Or as an alternative:

1. Ellen Ripley
2. Tony stark
3. "Mad" Max Rockatansky

And just because I can:
1. James T. Kirk
2. Nada (They Live, Rowdy Roddy Piper's character*)
3. Howard the Duck

*"I have come here to chew bubleguma nd kick ass. And I'm all out of bublegum."

Mr.Moron
2015-04-01, 09:09 AM
You have truly lived up to your username LOL

The forum rules preclude me divulging my real choices, so I went with a (mostly), functionally equivalent stand-in named Randall. Because let's face it being named Randall is a pretty cool power.

GuesssWho
2015-04-01, 05:34 PM
Another good choice would be:

Wilbur Whateley
Ancalagon the Black
Queen of Air and Darkness

Because what could be cooler than a supergiant betentacled dragon faerie?

Basilisk010
2015-04-02, 12:57 PM
Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Kaneo Takarada and Steven Universe.

You can ask me what my reasoning is for these, but be warned: I will have no idea myself and will give a disappointing answer.

AGD
2015-04-04, 09:10 AM
I have some new Ideas.

minus from the webcomic minus, because she is omnipotent, Dr. Strangefate(Fusion from Professor X, Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate) from the Amalgam Universe, because he has strong Reality Warping Powers and nigh Omnipotence through that and Miss Martian, because I like the combination of Shapeshifting, Tele-Powers and Flying Brick, even if I don't need them, since I have already minus Omnipotence.

Timor Ariskan
2015-04-30, 06:14 PM
The Flash (DC Comics)
Sherlock Holmes
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)

Traab
2015-05-02, 11:02 PM
The Doctor
Wolverine
Lobo

Why? Because thats like, double immortality with the ability to be reborn in case something manages to get past all my redundant and absurdly excessive regeneration!

"Im the best at what I do, and what I do is fragging bastiches across all of space and time!"

Bigby
2015-05-18, 01:18 PM
Not sure I get the thread. Are these three individual characters in an either/or scenario, or a single entity combined using three characters?

Domino Quartz
2015-05-18, 06:48 PM
Not sure I get the thread. Are these three individual characters in an either/or scenario, or a single entity combined using three characters?

From most of the posts here, I get the impression that it's supposed to be a single entity made up of three characters combined.

Bard1cKnowledge
2015-06-07, 11:13 PM
Barney (how I met your mother)
Papillion (buso renkin)
My old Bard from a Pathfinder campaign

My charisma is off the charts

PallElendro
2015-06-09, 01:55 PM
Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
William Joseph "B.J." Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein)
Guts (Berserk)

I like the feeling of being a gun-toting, sword-wielding demon killer who isn't Dante from Devil May Cry.

-D-
2015-06-09, 02:16 PM
1. Plutonian (Reality warping powers, e.g. can change basic constants of reality, extreme senses - can see electrons move and hear seeds grow)
2. Schrodinger (Ability to exist if I want to) Ramiel (Mountain melting powers)
3. Doctor Who (Knowledge)

Since Plutonian powers exist only because he is a super observer (i.e. able to redefine physical constants so they are viewable), that's essentially one power. It means if I want to I can just throw a building whole without it collapsing. Yeah I am now helping save world and I have to live with super senses (can hear every scream on Planet earth or Tomato's growing), but the package is worth it. Plutonian was an idiot, I'll build myself a castle on the Moon so I can get some sleep, and place a vibrating alarm on my goddamn wrist.

Schrodinger allows for teleport anywhere. Yeah, I'm messenger boy for the Nazis but the implied immortality and teleport are worth it. Plus since I have powers #1, I can just murder them casually if they continue to irritate me (which they will).

Doctor Who gives me a lot of knowledge so I can deduce how stuff people/work, plus general knowledge of multiverse, so I can teleport/travel as I wish.

Gopher Wizard
2015-06-12, 02:12 AM
-Stanford "Grunkle Stan" Pines
-Strong Bad
-Tyrion Lannister

Can somebody draw that for me? I can't really pay you, but I'd like to see that. Also, for an added challenge, replace anyone of the the above characters with Bender Bending Rodríguez and draw that. Bender is a close 4th on my list.

007_ctrl_room
2015-06-20, 10:34 PM
Walker Boh from Shannara
Luke Skywalker or Han Solo
Logan Ninefingers from Mr. Abercrombie's first (and awesome) series

Silva Stormrage
2015-06-21, 06:05 AM
Hmmm, I am going to go with

1: Shirou Tokisada Amakusa from Fate/Apocrypha
2: Shirou Emiya from the Hill of Swords Fanfic
3: Amber from Darker than Black

Its not omnipotent but it has a LOT of versatility,
Tokisada Shirou can from what I understand cast any magecraft in the Nasuverse, has Revelation (Basically a "Detect the general best way to go about your plans" skill), moderately high charisma, eternal youth and pretty good combat skills in general.

Emiya Shirou has the ability to copy any weapons he has seen and has a decent amount of firepower to begin with, excalibur for offense, avalon for defense. Plus with Tokisada Shirou providing him mana he can actually spam some of his more useful attacks. And with Shirou Tokisada's memories he can add any noble phantasm weapon that Tokisada saw in Fate/Apocraypha (Karna's Lance? Achilles' Spear/Shield, some pretty good ones there) Plus with Tokisada Shirou I can probably manage to either 1) Summon a heroic spirit with enough time and effort and thus be able to copy more weapons and special items from other Heroic Spirits (Summon Gilgamesh and use a command seal to make him show you every weapon he has?) or 2) Modify his own Origin/Reality Marble so it can duplicate any item rather than just weapons.

Amber from Darker than Black is a contractor with the ability to rewind time and freeze time. Her downside for this is she de ages when she uses it and can de age herself into non existence. Of course thats not really a problem anymore since Tokisada Shirou sets my age at around 20 ish. So really a way of manipulating time. The doctor might be better here but I don't know that series well enough to say.

Personality wise all of them are good people, Amber and Tokisada Shirou are a bit ruthless in their goals though but I don't think I would suddenly become crazy or anything from their personalities. Going about saving people seems like a fairly reasonable goal anyway. I think I would try to get True Third Magic and then just go about solving world problems. My romantic life would be terrible as I would have Shirou Emiya's oath to Saber... But then again I could just straight up SUMMON Saber again once I figure out how to do that.

I think I have been watching/reading too much Nasuverse and fate stuff recently :smallbiggrin:

Demidos
2015-06-21, 09:21 PM
Eh, most fictional characters in the stories I like get the short end of the stick at some point. I think there's only one I'd really rather be.

Tom Bombadil. Dude is always happy, always has free time, and can generally do whatever he wants. Nothing's a serious threat to him except something with divine power.

Okay, I was going to say something like Spiderman, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Loki (Marvel) just to have the ability to do whatever I feel like and have a blast doing it but.....

Yeah, okay, I take it all back. You are 100% right. This would be much, much better.