PDA

View Full Version : So...what is next?

CyberThread
2014-10-27, 10:26 PM
What is on the release calander after the DMG comes.Besides the adventure sets, we arn't even getting leaks.

Balain
2014-10-27, 10:36 PM
well my understanding is they don'y want to put out small books, so they will wait to have a bunch of stuff to put in a book.

I would imagine one with several classes or new paths for old classes. There is bound to be a second monster manual at some point. Also more magic items, more spells, more races or sub races in one of the books.

A forgotten realms book, a Greyhawk book, a Darksun book at some point. There is likely going to be something on the planes, and gods and such.

When what is coming out I have no clue. I would suspect a forgotten realms book will be out sooner rather than later since that seems to be the most popular setting.

odigity
2014-10-27, 10:49 PM
I would imagine one with several classes or new paths for old classes. There is bound to be a second monster manual at some point. Also more magic items, more spells, more races or sub races in one of the books.

That's fun and all, but...

A forgotten realms book, a Greyhawk book, a Darksun book at some point. There is likely going to be something on the planes, and gods and such.

Really hope this is their top priority. We already have a bunch of classes and races and magic items to play with (or will on Dec 9), what we need now is worlds to play *in*, and adventures to play *through*. (I'm personally hoping for and assuming FR will be first.)

I'd love to see a modernized 5e version of the original Ruins of Undermountain from 1991.

Socko525
2014-10-28, 01:36 AM
Well I'm hopeful for warforged and Eberron given the fact that Keith Baker played a warforged artificier int he Extra Life stream.

Here are the links to the temporary versions of both the artificier and warforged he used during the game:

Artificier:
http://keith-baker.com/extra-life-hacking-the-artificer/

Warforged:
http://keith-baker.com/extra-life-hacking-the-warforged/

Also if you're an Eberron fan, and you donate $10 to his ChariD20, he'll give you a copy of 5e Eberron game he's running, more info here: http://keith-baker.com/support-eberron/

So with donations and support, perhaps this is where things could end up

Scirocco
2014-10-28, 02:44 AM
There's supposed to be some sort of "Elemental" sourcebook coming out to go with the new storyline season, namely, seems like the good old Temple of Elemental Evil is making a comeback.

CyberThread
2014-10-28, 11:43 AM
Is that this generations thing? Good adventure with new stuff in it?

badintel
2014-10-28, 11:48 AM
I've really got my fingers crossed that they are rehacking my favorite module...the Tomb of Horrors. I'll be converting the 3.5 version once the DMG comes out (I seem to remember reading that there would be conversion rules included), but it would be nice to have this generation's take on the Tomb to work with.

edge2054
2014-10-28, 12:28 PM
There's this.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1846-Sasquatch-Studios-Will-Produce-ADVENTURER-s-HANDBOOK-and-PRINCES-OF-THE-APOCALYPSE-for-D-D-5E-in-2015!#.VE_RoPnF8gg

Looks like a Temple of Elemental Evil reboot... but in FR since it mentions a bunch of FR factions. Might be set up for organized play too (again, AL factions).

Fwiffo86
2014-10-28, 02:49 PM
I've really got my fingers crossed that they are rehacking my favorite module...the Tomb of Horrors. I'll be converting the 3.5 version once the DMG comes out (I seem to remember reading that there would be conversion rules included), but it would be nice to have this generation's take on the Tomb to work with.

It was already done. Dragon Magazine 231 or 203... its in the 200s. I ran it with a 5 party at 13th. Seemed ok... they were soundly defeated. Some of the traps were less deadly than I thought they should have been.

badintel
2014-10-28, 04:43 PM
It was already done. Dragon Magazine 231 or 203... its in the 200s. I ran it with a 5 party at 13th. Seemed ok... they were soundly defeated. Some of the traps were less deadly than I thought they should have been.

!!Nice!! Do you have any idea how to find back issues of this?

Fwiffo86
2014-10-28, 05:25 PM
!!Nice!! Do you have any idea how to find back issues of this?

Archived at WotC. I found it by searching Tomb of Horrors Next or something to that effect. PM me about it later.