PDA

View Full Version : Fire... Gooood... Undead... Baaaad.

ArqArturo
2014-10-27, 10:48 PM
So a friend wants to run the Temple of Elemental Evil, and it's sequel, in some time in the future. So far, we only know that he'll let most of the 3.5 material (ToB is banned, so are Psionics), so I'm thinking of a Dwarf priest of Tharmekhul (demigor, Destruction, Fire and War Domains), and burn heretics and undead with fire (not holy fire, actual fire).

But... The Fire Domain is bad.

So, I'm thinking to make use a Gold Dwarf cleric with the Destruction and War (I'll be melee) and use Energy Substitution feat eventually. I think we'll do 35 point-buy, so here's my point-buy selection:

Str 15
Dex 8 (turned to 6)
Con 15 (turned to 17)
Int 12
Wis 15
Cha 12 (Not planning to do any Persistent Shennanigans, we already have a buffing Cleric for that).

The rest of the party is a Human cleric of Pelor, Ghostwise Kender (Yes, the DM allowed this...) Rogue, Half-Orc Paladin, Gnome Sorcerer.

So... Any suggestions?.

Zanos
2014-10-28, 01:15 AM
Depends on the Kenders build, really. Do you know what he likes to play?

You'll want something that can do strong single hits early to send him straight to -10 without going unconscious, don't want anyone saving him.

Fire is a good start though, definitely going to want to cleanse the body.

PraxisVetli
2014-10-28, 01:47 AM
Depends on the Kenders build, really. Do you know what he likes to play?

You'll want something that can do strong single hits early to send him straight to -10 without going unconscious, don't want anyone saving him.

Fire is a good start though, definitely going to want to cleanse the body.

Quoted for hilarity

ArqArturo
2014-10-28, 12:44 PM
Heh, I think the kender player decided to stick with a ghostwise halfling scout, instead (a wise decision).

Seeing things as they are, I'm thinking that a vanilla CoDzilla might do the trick, minus the Persistent Spell shenanigans, so I'm going more into melee.

However, and to do a little crowd control, I might try to bump Charisma up a bit, do get the War and Fire Domains, and grab Domain Spontaneity to spam some fire spells. But, then again I also might go for the Power Attack/Divine Might shenanigans, which seems more appealing.