PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ideas for a Barbearian build?

Roxxy
2014-10-27, 11:40 PM
I was set to thinking about Catfolk, as is my wont, and about how there should be other animal folk races. This led to Bearfolk:

+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int
Medium Size, 30 ft
Hardy
Low Light Vision
+2 Perception, +2 Climb

Now that I has a Bearfolk race, I was set to building a character (I'm trying to build up a collection of at least one character build for each class and race that exists in my campaign setting, in case a player ever needs a pregen or I somehow get a chance to be a player for a session or something like that). My magitech setting (based off of North American themes) has a region kinda like Canada, so I'll let my Bearfolk be from there. I want to build an ex-lumberjack turned monster hunter who is pretty big (tall, muscular, fairly overweight), fights with a greataxe, and is really at home in the wilderness. I'm going with Barbarian for class, both because it can fit the lumberjack theme and because Barbearian is too punny to miss out on. With 25 PB for stats, I wrote up

Str 18
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 12

I'm thinking he is muscular, big, and very fuzzy, as would be expected of a lumberjack, and surprisingly quick and agile for someone of his bulk. He isn't necessarily stupid, but he's not particularly well educated. He is pretty observant, though, and knows how to get around in the wilderness. He is also rather loud and boisterous and quite friendly, tending towards the great big teddy bear personality. Don't get him pissed off, though. He's survived life as a professional monster hunter for a reason, after all. I want max skill ranks in Survival, Perception, and Sense Motive.

So, all that said, what class options and feats should I choose? Which rage powers fit this concept really well? Any archetypes I should pick up? What feats (besides power attack, which I shall of course be taking) do I want? I'm writing him as 5th level.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-10-28, 04:31 AM
Rage Powers: Lesser Beast Totem, Animal Fury.

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple.

Archetype: Wild Rager (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/wild-rager).

EDIT: Of course there are more options as you level up, but at 5th, the key is to get your core abilities in place. Three natural attacks, a Bite attack that gives you Grapple bonuses, and a wrestling style of combat are all very bear-y.