PDA

View Full Version : Played by The Master

agentx42
2007-03-20, 07:19 AM
Funny, all this time we've been postulating which Xykon was the right one - A, B, or C - when all along the answer was "none of the above". It was classic misdirection, done expertly by the Master. Rich, I salute you. Jascha Heifetz never played a Stradivarius better than you played us. I'm gonna be grinning for the next 48 hours because I love a good bamboozle, even in this case when I'm one of the targets.

Paraphrasing ESPN's Stuart Scott: They called the Giant "Bus Driver", 'cause he took us to school...

bluish_wolf
2007-03-20, 07:39 AM
Really, you should speak for yourself. A bunch of people already guessed it long ago.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-20, 07:40 AM
Really, you should speak for yourself. A bunch of people already guessed it long ago.

Says it all really.

Olibarro
2007-03-20, 07:56 AM

Which is why I'm glad I avoid most spoiler threads. I didn't see this coming at all, and I think I enjoyed it more for having the surprise there for me.

the_tick_rules
2007-03-20, 10:27 AM
well still, it fooled alot.

Larrin
2007-03-20, 12:16 PM
well still, it fooled alot.

True

I maintain that the one in the back acted enough like Xykon we had no real reason to assume he wasn't (Unlike the other two, this of course, was likely part of the Giants plan), and i was of the opionion that people that were looking for 'invisible' Xykons were just making wild stabs. I must now move them into the category of people making lucky guesses, with the exception of those that cited the missing dragon as a clue. That was a good clue on the giants part, i ignored it in favor of simple assuming the giant didn't want to draw a dragon all the time or some other mundane not really plot related reason.

agentx42
2007-03-20, 02:19 PM

Says it all really.

I am speaking for myself. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to express an opinion, provided I abide by the forum rules. There's a lot of us who were genuinely surprised. There were also a lot of posters whose theories missed the mark entirely. And there's surely a lot of people tickled at today's entry. But whatever, dude.

Demented
2007-03-20, 03:56 PM
Don't forget the amulets as a clue.
It's really unclear why all the fake Xykons have amulets... They could be anything, for all we know.

Glome
2007-03-20, 04:14 PM
Don't forget the amulets as a clue.
It's really unclear why all the fake Xykons have amulets... They could be anything, for all we know.

I'm thinking a homebrew spell or magic item here (as I mentioned in the 'I was wrong' thread). Something close to Simulacrum but somewhat different, sort of like the modified forcecage Xykon studied. I'm not seeing how hes making the decoys using the core rules, and the Giant seems to stay away from splat books so far.

shadowkire
2007-03-20, 04:23 PM
I kind of thought that none of the Xykons were real, Giant is usually good at maintaining the continuity of the story, and since the beginning of the seige I was wondering where the zombie-dragon was, so I figured that the real Xykon would be riding it around the battle instead of standing on the ground.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-03-20, 04:28 PM
Exactly what I thought in my 'which is the real Xykon' thread. I was beaten down for it, though.

One last time: HA!

Green Bean
2007-03-21, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking a homebrew spell or magic item here (as I mentioned in the 'I was wrong' thread). Something close to Simulacrum but somewhat different, sort of like the modified forcecage Xykon studied. I'm not seeing how hes making the decoys using the core rules, and the Giant seems to stay away from splat books so far.

They could just be amulets of Alter Self put on ordinary undead...