PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magic Robes

Draco_Lord
2014-10-28, 10:12 AM
There are a number of magic robes that have patches on them, and they do various things, just wondering if there has ever been any ruling on if a patch can return to the robe, or if it is like a charge and you would need to make a new one each time?

Abd al-Azrad
2014-10-28, 10:17 AM
I imagine it depends on the robe in question. For the Robe of Useful Items (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/robe-of-useful-items) at least, "Once removed, a patch cannot be replaced."

Draco_Lord
2014-10-28, 10:20 AM
Ah, the robe bones is the one I am looking at, an I don't see much in the way of description there.

Psyren
2014-10-28, 10:29 AM
It functions like a robe of useful items - so no sewing your skeletons back on.

Draco_Lord
2014-10-28, 10:30 AM
Okay, cool. Thank you!

skypse
2014-10-29, 08:49 AM
I don't know if you would be interested in this but I have a homebrew rule considering the robe of bones. Since in order to create it you need to have the animate dead spell, it would be logical to say that you animate undead creatures and bind them on your robe. In essence, this could mean that since you used "Animate Dead" in order to create the robe in the first place, nothing stops you from doing it again. Instead of crafting the whole robe from the begining, you can cast "Animate Dead" in order to replace a number of creatures, and you divide the initial cost you have to pay depending on the creatures you have to recreate.

For Example: You make an agreement with your DM that after expending half of the available creatures from your robe, you can recreate them using the proper cost (100 per creature). This means that if you use 6 of the 12 avaiable, you still have to pay 600 gold in order to "fill" the robe up. Also, keep in mind that each time you use "Animate Dead" (even if it is for craft) it IS an evil act so ultimately you have a couple of things to consider before deciding to "refill". However keep in mind that you DO need a gap, otherwise this becomes abusable by only summoning Ogre and Heavy Horse and then refilling them cause the rest of the creatures are less powerful.