PDA

View Full Version : DM Help ¿How much gold per lvl?

Shakart
2014-10-28, 08:21 PM
First of all, i dont speak english, so apology my language.

I play a campaign with my friends and the idea is that start lvl 6 or 5, but I did not find any regard serious side of the gold would have to have. So I hope that some knows how much is gold per level that would have to be in this version. Only found the gold starting level 1. I hope that one knows how much is each lvl from 1-20

BRKNdevil
2014-10-28, 08:36 PM
There isn't any listed amount of gold that has been determined for each level. Especially since magic items are no longer required but are more, I'd like that items. I have been going with the required amount of Experience to be whatever level in Silver or equivalent cash.

Human Paragon 3
2014-10-28, 09:11 PM
The amount of gold you give out doesn't matter that much, since you cannot buy magic items, only find them, and the mundane gear is not that expensive.

If your players are level five or six, just let them start with any gear they want with the exception of full plate. If they want full plate, let them earn 1,500 GP by adventuring and purchase it.

Slipperychicken
2014-10-29, 12:13 AM
I would look for it in the DMG once it comes out. That's where they put WBL (Wealth By Level) rules back in 3rd edition.

For now, your best bet is to guess it. It's not like there are currently a lot of expensive items which PCs need (they haven't been released yet), so you might be able to get away with giving the default starting gold. You could look at the 3.5 or Pathfinder WBL charts too as a guideline too.

MaxWilson
2014-10-29, 01:54 AM
The amount of gold you give out doesn't matter that much, since you cannot buy magic items, only find them, and the mundane gear is not that expensive.

Are you sure about this? Seems to me that gold actually matters a lot. Material component cost is one of the major balancing factors for spells like Resurrection, Simulacrum, and Clone. If you have access to unlimited money you can do far more with magic.

You can do other things too with unlimited money, like hiring a platoon of longbowmen to accompany you on adventures. (30-50 longbowmen = 100+ points of damage per round.)

Human Paragon 3
2014-10-29, 11:14 AM
Are you sure about this? Seems to me that gold actually matters a lot. Material component cost is one of the major balancing factors for spells like Resurrection, Simulacrum, and Clone. If you have access to unlimited money you can do far more with magic.

You can do other things too with unlimited money, like hiring a platoon of longbowmen to accompany you on adventures. (30-50 longbowmen = 100+ points of damage per round.)

I really meant that he should let his players select any weapons or armor they want.

rlc
2014-10-29, 01:30 PM
I think I'd probably be okay with someone having full plate armor at level 5 or 6, actually.