PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Reviving an ally without needing its soul...

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-29, 09:47 AM
A Party member was killed and his soul stolen, is there any way to bring him back barring miracle/wish?

Fouredged Sword
2014-10-29, 09:56 AM
Not really. You need to get your hands on his soul somehow.

Red Fel
2014-10-29, 10:04 AM
How do you feel about animated soulless corpses, exactly? It's sort of the same thing. Almost.

All seriousness, Fouredged has it. You either need the soul itself (how do you feel about stealing it back?) or some mighty powerful juju. Otherwise you're just animating a meat-puppet.

Fouredged Sword
2014-10-29, 10:10 AM
In theory, you could grab some other soul and POA it into a copy of the right soul, then use THAT to revive your person. Really stretching the rules, but nothing I can see prevents it.

You could maybe even create a soul from noting. Change a Thinaun dagger into a Thinaun dagger containing the correct soul. Really raw though.

XionUnborn01
2014-10-29, 10:56 AM
In theory, you could grab some other soul and POA it into a copy of the right soul, then use THAT to revive your person. Really stretching the rules, but nothing I can see prevents it.

You could maybe even create a soul from noting. Change a Thinaun dagger into a Thinaun dagger containing the correct soul. Really raw though.

"Oh my god! Jerry's Soul just got eaten!!"

"It's cool, I have a dagger with that annoying bartender's soul in it. That'll Work."

"Wait...what?"

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-29, 12:26 PM

IF i roll a high enough knowledge arcana, My character may just have the insight to do so... lol.

Fouredged Sword
2014-10-29, 12:27 PM
I declare no responsibility for the results of a mortal breaking the pact primordial. When both Palor and Asmodius team up to kill you, I will laugh.

Fax Celestis
2014-10-29, 12:27 PM
How do you feel about animated soulless corpses, exactly? It's sort of the same thing. Almost.

All seriousness, Fouredged has it. You either need the soul itself (how do you feel about stealing it back?) or some mighty powerful juju. Otherwise you're just animating a meat-puppet.

...we need to ask if the PC's name is Khal Drogo, though.

Forrestfire
2014-10-29, 12:52 PM
Best option is probably a Bone or Corpse creature. They retain memories and abilities, so at least you have something that's almost your ally back.

It's actually a horrible abomination, though, so there's that :smalltongue: