PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Is Back

slipnslide
2007-03-20, 12:30 PM
i know there's gotta be some fans in here. it is one of my favorite shows on the discovery channel. i just found out the new season starts april 3rd and i'm soo excited. i heard they added new cameras this year including a submarine cam. how cool is that? who else is looking forward to this? :smallbiggrin:

bosssmiley
2007-03-20, 03:00 PM
Rah! Butchest, most manly show on TV is back. Great to watch curled up in the warm after a nice hot bath. :smallbiggrin:

Hopefully this season the Opelio crab begin their fight back!

Narrator: "Sig Hansen and his crew on the North-Eastern caught 47,000lbs of crab. In response a razzia of enraged, vengeance-seeking crabs stole his firstborn child and sold its' legs to the Japanese."

slipnslide
2007-03-20, 04:39 PM
haha...aint that the truth. these guys are so tough. it's crazy to think this is what they do for a job. if you video taped me working it would almost be as exciting...what with all the typing and whatnot...haha...i do enjoy watching it from the safety of my home though. should be great.

Job
2007-03-21, 02:10 AM
Love the show, but almost makes me want to stop eating crab. These men engage in a wicked lethal dance with the ocean every day, for nothing more then to put a tasty arthropod on my plate. Makes me wonder sometimes if we have our priorities right as a people.

But then again these men want to be there, and we want our crab, economics is a cruel master.

Deleran
2007-03-21, 02:16 AM
Far and away one of the best shows on television. I love it.

Samurai General
2007-03-21, 03:43 PM
Oh, I know. They should get payed ALOT more for risking there life every day... the Big Valley? Bottom of the ocean...:smalleek: It is entertaining, too.:smallsmile:

Moofaa
2007-03-21, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that and Mythbusters are really the only 2 reasons to pay for tv service.

At least til 2008, when futurama comes back, assuming it comes back as a regular series.

slipnslide
2007-03-26, 10:03 AM
yea, mythbusters is pretty good too. but deadliest catch just does it for me. it's REAL reality television. it really is awesome. i saw a few old episodes over the weekend and it got me even more pumped for the new season. i cant wait to tune in! :smallbiggrin:

pestilenceawaits
2007-03-26, 04:09 PM
I hate to say it but I never cared for this show it is my least favorite on the DC. I think those guys are tough and slightly crazy and they have my respect for the job they are willing to do but for some reason fishing shows no matter how dangerous bore the daylights out of me.

slipnslide
2007-03-27, 09:24 AM
I hate to say it but I never cared for this show it is my least favorite on the DC. I think those guys are tough and slightly crazy and they have my respect for the job they are willing to do but for some reason fishing shows no matter how dangerous bore the daylights out of me.

hmmm....im going to have to respectfully disagree with you here pestilenceawaits. i dont really watch fishing shows either where guys are sitting on the lake bass fishing. but calling this just another fishing show is like calling that show where people climbed mount everest merely a show about some people hiking.

this show is really extreme. i just find these guys so fascinating and cant get enough of this show. one week to go til season 3! :smallbiggrin:

Hunter_Rose
2007-03-27, 10:05 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Alaskan King Crab! (drools)

pestilenceawaits
2007-03-27, 01:16 PM
I dont really watch fishing shows either where guys are sitting on the lake bass fishing. but calling this just another fishing show is like calling that show where people climbed mount everest merely a show about some people hiking.
:smallbiggrin:

You are right in saying it isn't like a regular fishing show and honestly I can't really even defend my dislike of the show other than saying it bores me it seems like a show I would like and I have watched it on a few occassions and every time I came away with that "meh" feeling maybe I will have to watch it again to see if maybe I missed something before.

Catch
2007-03-27, 01:42 PM
Did someone mention my name?

Had to. :smallamused:

Samurai General
2007-03-27, 06:23 PM
Mythbusters is awsome.
Exploding lava lamp
Tree cannon
ALL GUN MYTHS:smallbiggrin:

Oh, and Catch; only if your the deadliest person named "Catch".:smallwink:

But its interesting to see what they do to provid us with a tasty dinner.

slipnslide
2007-04-03, 09:44 AM
bump for the premiere of the third season tonight! cant wait. i watched some more over the weekend and i am even more excited. this show rocks.

anyone gonna have a crab dinner while they watch? hehe :smallbiggrin:

General Leitmann
2007-04-03, 01:16 PM
anyone gonna have a crab dinner while they watch? hehe :smallbiggrin:

... *le sigh* I think I may have just died a little inside. That's like eating while watching the food network, or being a pompous ass while watching The National w/ Peter Mansbridge... you shouldn't imitate what's on while it's on...

heretic
2007-04-04, 09:19 AM
I'm related so someone on the new episode(s). I don't watch it, so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I know he's included in whatever they recently shot.

slipnslide
2007-04-11, 05:07 PM
so have you guys been watching? so far two great episodes...what do you guys think?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-04-15, 09:18 PM
well, it's not my favorite Discovery Channel show (that honor belongs to Mythbusters), I do like Deadliest Catch. It's definitely a compelling show.

Samurai General
2007-04-16, 07:35 PM
Well, I was saddened by that small fishing boat (can't remember the name) in witch was sunk with only 1 of 5 men to servive. Thank god the USCG exists.:smallsigh:

slipnslide
2007-04-17, 04:29 PM
yea. that was really sad. at least they did save that one guy. so sad that the difference between life and death was getting those suits on...

the promo for tonight said they had some bad weather coming. looks like one of the boats gets cracked up. looking forward to it. but i hope everyone is okay. :smallsmile:

Samurai General
2007-04-17, 07:17 PM
But the hassle there must be to get them on! There like wetsuits. If a boat sinks fast you won't have time to get them on! Its a good thing the Raven sunk slowly!:smallsigh: At least they have a working heater.:smalltongue:

It says a guy's finger was almost cut off! The episodes tonight and I'm looking forward to it.

SoulSpear
2007-04-17, 07:21 PM
Missing Fingers=Never Fun

slipnslide
2007-04-18, 09:59 AM
oh man was that gross with his finger getting slammed by the pot. what a guy tho -- all he cared about was getting back out there....more than even his finger.

really liked this one. loved the flour prank they played on that guy -- too funny.

and i wonder how the broken wheel is gonna effect the cornelia marie's season. yikes.

Samurai General
2007-04-18, 07:18 PM
Man overboard!

Oh snap...:smallfrown:
Missing fingers: 8.3 of not fun.
Overboard:14.9 OF HYPOTHERMEA!!!!!!!!