PDA

View Full Version : help making a tauric character

Lord Talmanes
2014-10-29, 06:36 PM
I'm trying to make a tauric Tiefling- dire bat I want her to basically be simple humanoid upper body and dire bat from the waist down connecting to the neck of the dire bat I wanted my pc to be able to fly and have its blindness and so on if it can be done can any of you help me?

Urpriest
2014-10-29, 07:01 PM
Can't be done I'm afraid, Tauric requires a quadruped on the bottom. While you could use a template to add additional legs, that puts you pretty quickly into the "Tauric allows unlimited templates" land, which is somewhere you probably don't want to go.

Out of curiosity, is this for a Halloween game?

Lord Talmanes
2014-10-29, 10:45 PM
No it's just a concept I want to make a pc out of and technically bats when on the ground walk on their I guess knuckles also run if they have to.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qWOUZAa5vlQ

nedz
2014-10-30, 03:53 AM
Can't be done I'm afraid, Tauric requires a quadruped on the bottom. While you could use a template to add additional legs, that puts you pretty quickly into the "Tauric allows unlimited templates" land, which is somewhere you probably don't want to go.

Small nitpick - Tauric requires Medium-size or Large corporeal animal, beast, or vermin with at least four legs

Urpriest
2014-10-30, 12:11 PM
Small nitpick - Tauric requires Medium-size or Large corporeal animal, beast, or vermin with at least four legs

Meant a quadruped at minimum, but yes, it's good to be explicit here.

Tauric also required Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid, so you'll need to use Lesser Tiefling (a variants described in Player's Guide to Faerun that gives up the Outsider type for Humanoid).

If your DM is ok with Dire Bats counting as quadrupeds, then you should just be able to use the Tauric template to combine Lesser Tiefling and Dire Bat. You'd end up with LA +2 and 5RHD, you'd keep Blindsense, and based on the sample creature you'd also keep your flight speed.