PDA

View Full Version : DM Help World History, Servitor's Creach (Spoilers, PLAYERS: DO NOT READ!)

Frenth Alunril
2014-10-29, 11:48 PM
Okay, I'm comming to the boards for some general information on my campaign world.

To summarize, This was a 3.5 Forgotten Realms game set in Vaasa in my own little homebrew town with mystery, etc. It was great until I exploded it with too many players, and my life got too busy to keep it up. Anyway, we are returning to Servitor's Creach, Aka "The Rock"

----SPOILERS, seriously, like, for real, If you play, do not read!----

So, Savras, in collusion with various other gods, but mostly Torm, passed on the knowledge that his vision was cut off from a certain date. This caused Torm, in the time of Troubles to send a vision to a young Paladin, who in turn rescued many slaves and refugees from the world as he sought refuge in the frozen north, on a special foothill at the base of the Galena Mountains, where he and the refugees would form a sort of Ark for the impending disaster unforeseen but predicted by Savras.

So, there is an overly fortified, and defended mining town set on a mountain that doesn't fit the local geography. It is, in fact, an ancient crashed Netherese sky-castle, flipped over so the town is built on the bottom and the top is buried into the earth.

The Town has a regiment of Paladins, not a lot, just more than they should. More concerning is the Thaumatergic Apostelry, a clerical college tasked with making sure all the texts they can find survive the coming catastrophe.

The players loved the game until I introduced one who had major social issues with a small town having such a heavy investment in high ranking individuals. He never resarched any of it in character, he mostly griped about it out of character. Anyway...

When the 4th edition books came out, I thought, "Sweet, I'll have a great transition story, because of this whole Tiamat thing with two worlds colliding, and the complete spell-plague running wild, all in the middle of a siege by the Zentarim."

It turns out I couldn't read the 4th edition books, because all I could see when I opened them were magic cards, and mind numbing bs. (just my opinion)

Anyway, 5th is amaizing, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any ideas what I can look to for information... I'm starting the game off with the impeding siege, the characters haven't been introduced to the town yet, but we have them on the run, and it's a beautiful thing. They are totally into the new system, the new story, etc. They are terrified, and excited, but...

Spell-plague, Shar's Shadow Weave, Cyric, Bane, the death of Fzoul Chembryl, Manshoon splitting from Zentil Keep, the Rise of the Phaerims, Netheril? What? Where can I learn all of this?!

I'm want to be mostly cannon when possible, but, I can't find the information I need for all of this "To happen" while we play. I want the players to experience the Black Network crumble, and the Church of Bane rise while the followers of Cyric re-position their holdings. I want the Dragons to rise to the skies in the name of Tiamat, but how does she fall under the control of Bane?
These things! I need answers!

I know that I can just throw out whatever I want, I get it, but to have parts of the story fit together so that they become more ingrained with the world, that is what will make me happy.

TLDR: I need a history of Faerun from 1372 to the "Present" for 5e