PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help with a Build. [3.P]

LordAshenshield
2014-10-30, 02:54 AM
Alright so this is kind of odd and I know this, which is why I need help.

So my DM threw me a bit of a curve ball. I am playing a human which is fine, but I am not sure if its a homebrew human variant or maybe Azlanti? But that is fine I can handle not knowing what my full race is. That is kind of the big thing my party of 3 all have no memories stretching back more then a few months.

So right now I am sitting at level 5, with those levels being in Expert.
My Party consists of Adept, Warrior, and Expert (Myself)
I know a NPC party is not unheard of, but this is not that simple.

Last week our party went searching through this library that had been abandoned and was left alone no one would go there. Tales of deaths and haunting and crazed former construct custodians. Well we managed to slip inside, beat back a few of these constructs (level 2 creatures think they are ACG builds] well why we are there we find a set of cards sitting on a dusty table, the cards don't have a spot of dust on them, but beside them is a table of corpses, all truly dead and rotted.

Well I roll Knowledge History and then Knowledge Arcana and I get lucky I figure out its a Deck of Many Things. Immediately all three of us just didn't know what the DM was thinking. I mean sure he could try and fudge it since none of us have used the deck of many things and we didn't know the table. I later looked at it and realized how lucky we were.

So as our characters we discuss picking it up till our warrior goes "Whats the worse that could happen"... oh what famous words right? I made that joke OOC of course because we are gamers. But he draws a card from the top of the deck the DM set out in the middle of the table and it was the Queen of Diamonds (I suspect a deck stack for SL purpose, our DM is actually pretty good at card tricks and trick shuffles). He rolls and we get 2 wishes. Now of course we are gamers, we know the rules about making wishes. But given this was seemingly storyline we wanted to continue it. So the first wish was to recall what our classes actually where. The second was a wish made by the warrior and I joking around (Never do that near a serious DM when a wish is on the line) we made a comment about wishing to be more powerful. He takes the desk and tells us that he will need to see our Character Sheets. We hand them in and he writes down and then erases our Ability scores but writes down +2 Natural armor for us (None of us had NA) and then wrote Advanced by our race. It was late so we ended the game with the information that we can now Retain our class, skills, and ability scores to PC classes from 3.5 or PF so long as we had the PDF or books for the class.

So I need advice for a class idea.
I believe I may actually have a +6 to all stats and a +2 Natural Armor but at least I have access to the Advanced Template.
With this high of a modifier set up I am suspecting he is gonna get a little crazy on us so I need a good solid build. I tend to favor Gishes like the Bard which I was seriously considering though I am in love with the psionic classes from dreamscarred, but I do have the Playtest of the new Occult Adventure.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-10-30, 03:24 AM
Wow, this opens a lot of doors.

It is typically hard to give advice for an open-ended build question this broad, i.e., "we have great attributes and I kinda want to be a Gish of some sort." Perhaps you could focus down on a particular type of Gish, so I could better advise.

What type of magic would you like to use? Arcane typically gives better offensive abilities, divine typically gives better self-buffs and limited healing, psionics gives you generally fewer powers but each power can be quite beefy.

What type of combat are you interested in? Buff up and kill everything with a pointy stick? Global buffs for your party? Targeted debuffs to tactically remove enemies from a fight? Area debuffs or battlefield control to limit enemy options?

What is your favourite weapon?

LordAshenshield
2014-10-30, 03:47 AM
I typically like Buffing the party as the bard, but when I play a psion I like to be the guy who manipulates the opponents with mind altering effects or hits them with mental blasts or elemental damage if they are immune.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-10-30, 04:00 AM
Guide to the Buffer Bard. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b1hq_xhfCFjtAyjJMKrdtxRbtDEC1kNm6ZYfvS6HqIw/edit)

This includes a great deal of options to increasing the overall effectiveness of the buffs you share with your party. It also offers great spell advice. The spells selected are largely reactive, immediate-action casting time, and either negate debuffs or overcome various disruptive effects.

Feint's End
2014-10-30, 05:10 PM
I typically like Buffing the party as the bard, but when I play a psion I like to be the guy who manipulates the opponents with mind altering effects or hits them with mental blasts or elemental damage if they are immune.

Why not to both to a certain extend -> play a Tactician. With your high stats you can even mix it up in melee fairly well especially as soon as you can share stuff like bab between your group.

Tactician with good stats can do a few things:
-extremely good buffing .... on par if not better than bard
-pretty good cc ... they have few nice powers for that role and a well applied Expanded Knowledge can go a long way
-good melee with buffs (similar to a cleric in that regard ... though slightly weaker

My 50 cents