PDA

View Full Version : Tohoko Region: 3-1

Charisma Thief
2014-10-30, 03:41 AM
[Enter Tobar]
{2:30pm Monday}

A true man's adventure has begun. With only the winds and your new partner Piplup, you head out south, walking down the road from the academy, towards route 25, and your first step on your journey.

http://i.imgur.com/uPGlMJz.png

Goliathus
2014-10-30, 08:20 AM
""

Before heading out of town, Tobar went to the local shop to pick up two bottles of enriched water. He figured he might need that now to heal up his Pokemon in the wild as he was alone in his journey. Now, he was at the exit to Route 25 and the first thing he did was letting Magnus out of his Pokeball. "I figured we should walk the road together. You okay with that, buddy?" Magnus didn't really react wildly, merely nodding to the request. He figured the world could be more interesting than inside a ball, so why not?

While walking toward Route 25, Tobar spent some time searching his memory for anything about Route 25 and the town or city he was headed to. He's likely been to the route before when he was younger, traveling around with his father, whether his mind was willing to cough up the information was another question.

Edu. General: [roll0]
- Trying to think of anything he could about Route 25 and his destination

I bought 2 enriched water for $150. I hope it's okay that I just did it in a quick fashion. Do tell me though if you prefer me to RP buying them in the thread and I will do that.

Magnus will be on the slot right of Tobar all the time unless moved so he's at X-13 when they start the journey.

Charisma Thief
2014-10-31, 04:50 AM
{3:00pm Monday}

The breeze slowly picks up and rustles through the trees as you wander back down Route 25 after returning from the store. While there is nothing really special to stand out about the route, it is the longest route leaving Springcliff. At the end though, lies a small town, similar to Springcliff, called Southpine. The next route afterwards splits, one leading to New Tide Town and the ferry to the western side of the region, and the other leading to Redlake, a fair sized lake where many sightings of rare Pokemon have been seen. Some of the stories from other trainers often bring up that some of the rare Pokemon are psychic types, and are drawn there for the tranquility of the lake.

http://i.imgur.com/FSkV0jH.png

Goliathus
2014-10-31, 11:16 AM
Tobar smacked himself on the forehead as he forgot to make some nutritious food for his little Piplup. He backtracked back to the very entrance of Route 25, nodding to his fellow graduate on the way. It's a safer position to cook things just so wild Pokemon wouldn't just grab them out of nowhere. One thing he did right was that he already had the ingredients inside his bag so he has no need to go back to shop once again. He wasn't sure about Magnus' taste so the best he could do was to just mix some ingredients together into a...large kibble. He really wished he could make it look more attractive, especially he knew that a Piplup wasn't that fond of taking food from human.

Magnus was exciting when he was watching his trainer preparing food for him but the final product was...not too appealing. It was clear to Tobar that Magnus was doubtful on the thing he was given him. "Sorry Magnus but this is the best I can do at this moment. I promise you I will give you a better meal tomorrow so...just bare with it this time. This will help you grow so you can be magnificent really fast." Luckily for Tobar, his Piplup was really easy and just took the food after some random sniffing. The little Pokemon took a small bite...IT'S GOOD! He could complaint about the look but there's no arguing with the taste.

After taking the little break to consume the food, they were finally on track once again as they were back to where they were minutes ago. Recalling how long was the route, Tobar figured no way he could get to Southpine by nightfall and camping in the wild was a must. Hence, there's no wrong to explore a little bit. "Do you see any wild Pokemon around, Magnus?" Tobar asked his partner as they both took a careful scan of the nearby area. Magnus was too short to really see the area clearly so he climbed up to his trainer's shoulder for a better view.

Sorry but I keep forgetting things. I could have crafted and let Magnus eat it on my previous post. I have deducted the $50 to make the Baby Food from my sheet. Magnus consumed the Baby Food and will get 20% more EXP for the rest of the day.

Perception - Tobar: [roll0]
Perception - Magnus: [roll1]

Charisma Thief
2014-11-01, 10:24 AM
As you wander around for a bit, searching for a Pokemon in the area, the noise of chatter flows from the entrance to Springcliff, seeing a large group of your classmates walking down Route 25. As they wander closer, you pick up a little soft chirp from behind you again, seeing a little black bird hopping around some of the grass.

The Taillow is aware of you, but isn't attacking, so you have the first turn to yourself. Your Piplup is standing on your square, sticking close to your legs.

http://imgur.com/7CLiM1i

Goliathus
2014-11-01, 09:39 PM
Tobar wasn't expecting such heavy hindrance in the tall grass area and he was thankful that It didn't take too long for him to spot a Pokemon. The feeling of grass touching all over him was just annoying and most of that was because of his lack of exposure to the outside. He only found a Taillow, which was good because he doubted he could handle too many wild Pokemon at once especially if they were of aggressive species. The Taillow appeared to be passive though, not really attacking them or caring much about them despite it already spotted him and his Piplup.

The young boy was planning to interact with the Taillow first before he did anything threatening to it. His father (and likely the academy as well) has taught him to respect even the wild Pokemon and not randomly attacking them like a-hole. After all, human being were the "intruder" to their natural habitat. However, that plan was cancelled as a large amount of people showed up. Tobar figured he might as well call dibs on the Taillow before his classmates.

But before that, Tobar crouched to talk his Piplup. "Magnus, we are going to fight the Taillow. Both of us are a little slow on the feet so I am going to put you back to your Pokeball and throw you closer for an attack, you ready?" Magnus gave his trainer a nod and looked really ready for his first battle, his first chance to impress his trainer.

Tobar recalled Magnus back to his Pokeball as he stood back up to talk to the Taillow. "Hey Taillow, I like you and would really like you to join me in my adventure. I doubt you are going to come with me just by listening so I am going to prove myself in battle!" He said to the Taillow, not wanting to do anything sneaky with his plan. He figured if he was to bring a Pokemon with him to his adventure, it's best to respectful and friendly. After he finished his words, he threw the Pokeball real hard out, hoping that it would land out of the tall grass area...and it did!

Magnus jumped out of the Pokeball almost instantly after the Pokeball landed and charged straight forward toward his target. As he was in range, he leaped up high to match the tall grass's height before going for a smack on the Taillow's head like he was trying to spike a volleyball.

Tobar: Double Swift Action
Swift Action - Recall Magnus
Swift Action - Throw Magnus' Pokeball 4m away to F11.

Magnus: Popping out on F11
Move - 1m to G11
Attack - Pound on Taillow

Accuracy Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]]

Charisma Thief
2014-11-02, 02:40 AM
Piplup charges forward with ease as the Taillow turns to face you, standing it's ground, almost looking like it has accepted your verbal challenge. As Piplup charges and lands the pound on Taillow's head, a sudden cold burst flows over you. Peering around, you see that Jame's Froaki, Jirai, just one shot another little bird with his hidden power.

The Taillow also takes a quick glance, then turns back to the Piplup, jumping back after, then using the distance to charge forward with a tackle.

Taillow:
Tackle: AC [roll0] vs 4
Damage: [roll1] -9
If hit, Piplup falls back to F-11

http://i.imgur.com/8PhidDX.png

Goliathus
2014-11-02, 12:50 PM
"Nice one, Magnus!" Tobar was too focused in his own battle to bother too much with other battles happening in the area. He felt the cold from his right but aside from that, he was locked onto his Piplup and the Taillow. As soon as Magnus landed the hit and putting the Taillow down into the grass with the hard strike, Tobar started digging his bag for an empty Pokeball. The Taillow was quick to strike back though, risen from depth of the thick grass and nailing Magnus with a tackle of its own. The hard tackle pushed Magnus backward but the little Pokemon stood tall.

"You okay, buddy?" Magnus gave him a nod, he was still ready to go. "Alright, hold for now." Tobar said as he quickly threw an empty Pokeball toward the Taillow.

[Assuming Poke Ball hits]

"Be ready, buddy. If it pops back out from the Poke Ball, you will need to hit it with another Pound of yours." Magnus gave Tobar another nod as he kept his focus on the shaking Pokeball.

[Assuming the capture fails]

(Darn it!) Luckily for him, Magnus was ready to cover the failed attempt with another Pound. Just like last time, the Penguin Pokemon charged at the Taillow and attempted to land another hit on its head.

Tobar
Standard - Throw Pokeball at Taillow

Accuracy Roll: [roll0]
Capture Rate: [roll1]

Magnus: If needed
Move - 1m to G11
Attack - Pound on Taillow

Accuracy Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Perception - Tobar: [roll4]
Perception - Magnus: [roll5]
(My bad, ignore the perception roll)

Charisma Thief
2014-11-03, 04:10 AM
The small Taillow's eyes glance up from the Piplup towards you, but a moment too late as it sees the Pokeball flying at it. Unable to dodge it, the ball bounces off it's head, and quickly pulls the Taillow into a small ball of red energy before the Pokeball closes and falls to the grass, sounding a small chime to signal the successful capture.

Experience: 3 experience for Piplup
Trainer Experience: 2 (+1 for First Capture / +1 for new species capture.)

Taillow: the Tiny Swallow Pokemon
"Taillow courageously stands its ground against foes, however strong they may be. This gutsy Pokémon will remain defiant even after a loss. On the other hand, it cries loudly if it becomes hungry."

Level: 3
Nature: Brave (+2 Atk / -2 Spd)
Stats:

HP: 4
Atk: 8
Def: 3
S. Atk: 3
S. Def: 3
Spd: 7

Moves:

Growl
Peck

After your Pokeball chimes, a loud squawk echoes as two other birds swoop down, their eyes glaring at you and the group, ready to attack. The commotion seems to bring out more Pokemon around the larger group as Ryota's Chimchar starts hopping and pointing with a happy cry, pointing over to two other Pokemon he spotted.

http://i.imgur.com/bTrdROs.png

Goliathus
2014-11-03, 01:27 PM
Tobar felt his heart pounding as the Pokeball hit the Taillow for a brief moment before absorbing the wild Pokemon into it...one...two...and there's the chime! "Yes! Nice job, Magnus." Tobar was really happy with his first capture but he quickly realized he was in a warzone now, or soon-to-be warzone at the very least. The wildlife there sure didn't look happy with the huge bunch of trainers messing around with their territory and the whole place was just too crowded in Tobar's opinion. Not wanting to get hit by accident or just being a hindrance there, it's about time for him to get out of the zone.

"Magnus, get the Pokeball and throw it to me. It's time to go." Tobar said while sprinting toawrd the Piplup's position. He avoided the tall grass as soon as possible, not really liking the effort needed to move inside it. Magnus, hearing the command, rushed to the Taillow's Pokeball, picked it up, balanced himself from the lift and threw the Pokeball at his trainer.

Tobar
Normal - Sprint, can move for 7 squares
Shift - Move W, NW, W, SW to G11, 6 squares in total due to the slow terrain and diagonal movement

Magnus
Shift - Move S to H11
Normal - Pick up the Pokeball and throw it at H11

Charisma Thief
2014-11-04, 06:26 AM
The battle around you with the other group starts to grow fierce as you pick up your new Taillow and catch up to Piplup.

http://i.imgur.com/U8gH7F7.png

Goliathus
2014-11-04, 02:23 PM
When running toward Magnus' Pokeball, Tobar was really concerned about the the wild Spearows in the zone. He was actually getting real close to them and he figured there's a chance they might attack him. (Crap!) Just like he anticipated, the Spearow did charge at him. Instinctively, the young boy quickly crouched down before closing his eyes to brace for the impact...and it didn't come. Opening his eyes, he realized the Spearow was actually attacking the Pokemon behind him. As the deadlock was broken by the aggressive wildlife, fierce battles ensued around him...like literally AROUND him. There's the other Spearow fighting against Chikorita behind him and to his left, the Spearow that charged over him was fighting a Squirtle.

He was crouching very near to Magnus' Pokeball so he just picked it up and caught the Pokeball threw by his Piplup a second later."Well done, Magnus. Please stay in your Pokeball for a little bit as we get out of here." Tobar proceeded to recall his Piplup back to the Pokeball.

Tobar
Normal - Grab Magnus' Pokeball from the ground + grab Taillow's Pokeball
Shift - Move W, NW, W, SW to G11, 6 squares in total due to the slow terrain and diagonal movement

Need to make sure I got Taillow's HP right. Her pre-allocation max HP is 25, the Pound hit her for 9(12-3) and she is at 16. Now, I spent 3 points on HP to get her max HP to 34. Do the current HP get increased to 25 or do they stay at 16?

Charisma Thief
2014-11-05, 06:44 AM
After the Spearow flies over your head, no other Pokemon seem to be paying any attention to you, as they all seem focused on the new comers that caused the commotion.

When figuring a wild Pokemon's health after capture, the total damage takes is subtracted from new HP total. So no matter if your Taillow has 20 or 40 HP, it will be 9 short. This will go down to a minimum of 1, since you can't capture a fainted Pokemon.

Goliathus
2014-11-05, 12:30 PM
As soon as he put both Pokeball back into his backpack, Tobar started to run forward to leave the crowded area and get himself further down the route.

Tobar
Normal - Sprint, double overland speed
Shift - Move all the way S for 10 squares. If something is on the way, move SW or SE 1 square then continue S.