PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a prestige class for my Dread Necromancer

Michael7123
2014-10-30, 07:24 AM
I'm about to start a multi year campaign as a dread necromancer. Im role playing him as a true neutral character who probably would be good if he wasn't reanimating corpses. He views his abilities as a curse, and is actively looking to get rid of them.

I've read in other places that if my character's alignment changes to good, he can't cast any more evil spells, which really hamstrings my usefulness and will make playing my character a lot less fun.

My question is this: is there any prestige class that would be really good to transition to from being a dread necromancer who's changed his ways and is really fun to play as well?

As an added question are there any 3.5 supplementals that add more diseases to the game?

sideswipe
2014-11-01, 09:50 PM
I'm about to start a multi year campaign as a dread necromancer. Im role playing him as a true neutral character who probably would be good if he wasn't reanimating corpses. He views his abilities as a curse, and is actively looking to get rid of them.

I've read in other places that if my character's alignment changes to good, he can't cast any more evil spells, which really hamstrings my usefulness and will make playing my character a lot less fun.

My question is this: is there any prestige class that would be really good to transition to from being a dread necromancer who's changed his ways and is really fun to play as well?

As an added question are there any 3.5 supplementals that add more diseases to the game?

if ghostwalk is allowed you could die and become a ghost, then be revived and pick a whole new bunch of classes after some huge redemption point in your career. but i cannot think of a single prestige that will get you what you want.

Divide by Zero
2014-11-01, 10:14 PM

The restriction on alignment-based spells only applies to clerics. What level are you starting at, and what level will you go to? Rainbow Servant might do what you want, and is a really strong choice assuming your DM follows the text-trumps-table rule.

OldTrees1
2014-11-01, 10:15 PM
Dread Witch might be a good choice. It advances the curse of your character but gives your non evil fear spells a boost.