PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cleric with a fly speed but poor fly skill : Hover feat or levitation item or else ?

duboisjf
2014-10-30, 09:38 AM
For roleplay purpose DM and I decided that my aasimar (scion of humanity) was unaware of his origins and could not benefit from his spell-like ability before he finds out. (I still benefit from any defensive abilities that don’t require action to be active)

Also to make sure there was no metagaming, DM used the table of Variant Aasimar Abilities and kept the information for himself.

So It turned out, I have a fly speed of 20 (poor)

The down side is that I’m a lvl 8 cleric in medium armor (breastplate) without any rank in Fly (but got a +1 from dex).

I was thinking about taking Hover as a feat to get the most out of this new ability. Does it worth it ?

I’ve looked for items but could not find anything interresting, because everything that give a bonus to fly also grant the ability to fly wich I don’t need.

Boots of levitation could also solve my problem but standard action for activation is a turn off. So I would need a custom item with a swift action for activation and a limited uses by day and also a limited effect (hover only) to cut the cost.

I would like to hover to avoid losing my move action while flying, is it that important ?

So, Do I need to hover ? If so, what would be the best way to do so ?