PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

Shaoc
2007-03-20, 03:20 PM
Sorry about the location of this, but Im not sure where to put stupid questions, anyway Id like to ask what the HD of a Dragon Shaman is. I have the phb2 but i cant find what it is. Also how can the book claim this is a melee character with proficiency with only simple weapons.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-20, 08:23 PM
The correct forum for questions (stupid or otherwise) would depend on the subject of the question. Since this is a DnD related question it should probably go in: Gaming (d20 and General RPG)

I'll PM a mod for you and see if they will move this for you.

bluish_wolf
2007-03-21, 06:01 AM
Sorry about the location of this, but Im not sure where to put stupid questions, anyway Id like to ask what the HD of a Dragon Shaman is. I have the phb2 but i cant find what it is. Also how can the book claim this is a melee character with proficiency with only simple weapons.

According to this page, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20060822a ,
d10.

There are plenty of simple melee weapons. If you really don't like the limitation, you can always just take martial weapon proficiency as a feat.

Lilly
2007-03-21, 12:43 PM
Moved for your convience

Indurain
2007-03-21, 01:41 PM
In quick answer to your question...you can find the HD of each of the 4 new classes above their class table in the PHB II, but yes, in fact the HD of a Dragon Shaman is a d10.

I've got a lvl 7 DS, that I've been building since lvl 1. He is an effective melee combatant with the right stats. I'm not as effective as a fighter, but I'm dealing 1d8 + 5 damage (or up to +10 with Power attack). Add to that the frequent Breath weapons, and high HD, and the Dragon Shaman is effectively a pretty decent meat shield. Though I'm going to be switching over to Dragon Devotee (RotD), and then Dragon Disciple (DMG). These Prestige classes will boost my STR and CHA and CON, making me even more effective in the front lines. STR for attack. CHA for Touch of Vitality to keep my fighter going. CON for Breath Weapon and HP.

It's a fun class if you play it right.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-21, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it took me a while to find out where the HD were listed in these new class formats myself. It's pretty confusing, all these new entry format changes coming so close together. Though, I will admit that I think most of them are an improvement (yes, even the new monster stat blocks. :smalltongue:),

martyboy74
2007-03-21, 06:11 PM
blah, blah, blah(yes, even the new monster stat blocks. :smalltongue:),
Heresy! Everyone knows that the old ways are always better!:smallbiggrin:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-21, 08:40 PM
Heresy! Everyone knows that the old ways are always better!:smallbiggrin:
Heresy? Good thing the "Deity" spot on my character sheet is labeled as "Nondenomenational," then. :smallcool:

Inyssius Tor
2007-03-21, 10:47 PM
Heresy? Good thing the "Deity" spot on my character sheet is labeled as "Nondenomenational," then.
"You worthless abomination to the name of -UNDEFINED-!"

martyboy74
2007-03-22, 06:38 AM
Heresy? Good thing the "Deity" spot on my character sheet is labeled as "Nondenomenational," then. :smallcool:
...did they make that spot bigger?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-22, 07:02 AM
Nah, I can write really small when I have to...