PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arngrim the Dirty Berserker

SamsDisciple
2014-10-30, 03:41 PM
I realized as I have been contemplating character ideas that I typically make a build that I like then fluff it up afterwards but I wanted to take a crack at choosing an inspiration and making the build around it. I have a love for Norse Mythology and their amazing Sagas and while there are to many great characters and stories to choose from I decided to go with one that is a little more obscure. From the Hervarar Saga comes the Berserker Arngrim who was of course a mighty warrior but this one line sums up why I fell in love with the idea of playing him (of course this is a translated summary)
"Tyrfing cut through Arngrim's shield and down into the soil, whereupon Arngrim cut off Svafrlami's hand, grabbed the sword and slew him with his own weapon. Then Arngrim captured Svafrlami's daughter Eyfura and forced her to marry him. She then went on to bear him 12 sons who each followed in their father's footsteps and became berserkers."
I now want to play a barbarian who can completely smash face, disarm opponents, and kill them with their own weapons. I have looked through some barbarian guides but there are a few rage powers that are newer than the guides that look promising (specifically ones that disarm and do dirty tricks)
Any ideas to build Arngrim?

(edit) So I see the line from above either staggering or dazing the enemy with savage dirty trick then disarming (either regular or the rage power that does it) and killing the enemy with their own weapon. This requires either rage cycling or fighting with a single one handed weapon (that I can 2 hand fight with)