PDA

View Full Version : [Friend/Foe]God-Makers

Hoorex
2007-03-20, 04:40 PM
Sacrificed everything. It is all gone. My home, my family, my life! All to the accursed god who will no longer speak to me as he once did. Yet, why!? Why, lord!? Why do I still yearn for his love, his approval!? Why have I sacrificed so much? Gained so little? And yet I still find the need to satisfy him? What must I do, Lord, to be freed from this burden? What madness is this?--- High Priest, Jebadiah Smith

There are some who can speak with the dead. There are some who can feel suffering of others. Literally feel the pain and angst of a fellow mortal die. These people are mediums, gifted with the ability to contact the departed and to use their own body as a gateway into the neatherealm. Yet this gift comes at a price. While these mediums can speak with the dead, other entities may come in contact with them. Powerful spirits plagued with hatred and malicious intent. These spirits can kill those sensitive to the paranormal with a thought, but that is the least of these beings powers...

"Mother is sick..." That's what Father continued to mutter to himself as he slowly shock his head. The boy's mother had begun to bleed from the eyes, a sign that if found out would have the entire family burned. So Father kept it a secret. He told them that she had left. That she had ran off with someone, and that he was left alone with his only son.

While it was his mother who was ill, Young Jebadiah could only watch as his father's mind continued to deteriorate. Had he known more of the Plague, Jebadiah would have expected the worse. That his own father had come in contact with it, yet at the time, he was too niave to believe such things.

He could not handle the loss, the child would hear others say as the passed his humble home. If only they knew the truth. If only they knew, perhaps they could have stopped the evil from entering this world. Yet Jebadiah could not understand such things. He only knew it possible to save her. He would simply ask for help. They always helped. They told him how. It was simple, even to a child.

And for a time, his mother was well. Father's phase had passed as quickly as it came, and Mother grew much stronger. Strong enough to "return" to the village. She didn't mind what the elderly women of the village said. She was with her husband and her son. And for a time, all was well.

And then? Mother grew odd. She no longer sang. Her voice was once coveted by all the maidens within the village, and now it was no more. This was the first of the many strange occurances. Then, she no longer left her room. She sat alone, rocking back and forth and stared into a small blemish upon the wall speaking to herself. She began to rant... sometimes louder than others, yet Father noticed no difference. He was only glad to have his beautiful wife back, and did not want to worry her by asking questions. "Perhaps the sickness would come back" he would say to Jebadiah.

Jebadiah begged them for help. He sat within his room and pleaded to them to tell him how to stop these queer occurances, yet they were quiet. And then, as if a fire erupted within him, he began to shriek in pain, but his cries went unheard by his stoic mother, and maniac father. His skin began to blacken as the fire within his stomach grew, and he realized that he had crossed over into the unknown far to many times... but it was too late.

Hoorex
2007-03-20, 04:48 PM
God-Makers are just that. Those that have come in contact with gods, or would-be gods by mistake or intention. These beings have fantastic power that they bestow upon these men. However, their true goals are usually hidden behinds walls of facade. Because of this fact, it is very hard to help or recieve help from members of the various cults that have sprout up all over the world for fear that they may be trying to further their own, and their god's, goals.

Hoorex
2007-03-20, 04:49 PM
[Placeholder]
The God-Maker

God-Makers’s have the following game statistics:
Abilities: God-Maker's are the voices of their god(s). The need the charisma to persuade or coaxe thousands, and the wisdom to direct those beneath them for their god(s).
Alignment: any
Hit Dice: d4
Prerequisites:
-Ability to cast Speak with Dead

{table=head]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special
1st | +0 | +0 | +0 | +2 | Lay on Hands, Sacrifice
2nd | +1 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Blessing +1
3rd | +1 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Class Ability
4th | +2 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Class Ability
5th | +2 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Class Ability
6th | +3 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Class Ability
7th | +3 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Class Ability
8th | +4 | +2 | +2 | +6 | Class Ability
9th | +4 | +3 | +3 | +6 | Class Ability
10th | +5 | +3 | +3 | +7 | Class Ability [/table][/quote]

-Notable Individuals
-Enemies