PDA

View Full Version : How to change colour of text in a post?

Dr Mushroom
2014-10-30, 06:23 PM
I can't work it out.

ChristianSt
2014-10-30, 06:55 PM
Depending on what sort of editor you use for posting there should be a drop-down menu for selecting the color. It has an A as icon (for me it is located between Font Size and Smileys).

If you use BBcode directly, you can change color by using the [COLOR]-tag.

For example: This is colored text produces

This is colored text

Zherog
2014-10-31, 09:36 AM
In addition, the color tag can also use words as the parameter.

These are all valid color choices.

The hex codes will allow you to get more precise colors, however. But if all you care about is, say, having blue text in an IC post that [color=blue] will do just fine.

ChristianSt
2014-10-31, 04:02 PM
In addition, the color tag can also use words as the parameter.

The hex codes will allow you to get more precise colors, however. But if all you care about is, say, having blue text in an IC post that [color=blue] will do just fine.

While names are possibly, the forum default (if you use the dropdown menu) seems to be hex (at least for me), also (in another thread) Rawhide said that using hex might be safer (depending on what colors you want to use).

HTML colour names are specified here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp). There are 17 "safe" colours and 123 less safe colours (which might display differently in different browsers, or not at all).

However, I recommend using the hex value in all cases for better accuracy (and completely forgo using the names).

So even such "standard" color names like brown or cyan might not work on some browsers.